Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 130 131 132
 Bismarck.Norminator
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Hares
By Bismarck.Norminator 2016-07-25 18:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I played rng long time ago, gotr my empy +1 set but nothing after that.
I have absolutly no JP on it too, I want to work on it.
I want to use bow and have acces to jinshu radiance but not aeonic or ultimate weapon.
[+]
By Verda 2016-07-25 23:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is the best Jishnu's set I can come up with on the spreadsheet:
ItemSet 344919

Adhemar is path B, Herc is dex/crit damage/ranged acc and attack +30, crit dmg is more important. Using things like amini+1 for body and amini+1 for legs aren't as far off as one might think, but proper aug'd herc is a definite improvement. This set will not have much ranged acc, so going path C on adhemar becomes a relevant choice. Remember that fotia boost and the native 100 boost to accuracy for a weaponskill should only apply on the first hit (at least all other multihit ws seem to work that way). Meghanada +1 and well aug'd herc can replace HQ adhemar, which is very expensive, try to keep crit chance and crit damage where you can, wsd doesn't perform nearly as well since it only applies to the first hit. Back is dex, crit chance, racc/rattack.

You should strive for a 3 hit tp set, using your bow of choice. But this should work for many bows:
ItemSet 344920

You will (hopefully) not need all of this to do a 3 hit, depending on the bow, support and subjob. But you will need sam sub or samurai roll. With samurai roll you can drop a lot of it. I'd start with dropping feet since that is more a sam item. There are also other STP earrings other than telos like Enervating Earring and Tripudio and Volley and Neritic. Again a very low accuracy set. So I will give you a high acc set to compare and pull pieces from as needed. For 3 hit set you may need to keep Arcadian +1 Beret during ws. Back is stp, agi, racc/rattack. I actually didn't list all the max STP pieces like Ainia Collar but I do use it sometimes.

ItemSet 344921

Back is store tp, racc/rattack, and agi. Herc aug or other meghanada +1 pieces can replace the exceedingly expensive +1 adhemar, agi + racc most important for this set. Kobo Kote are also good accuracy hands, having both ranged acc and a ton of agi over most gloves, and crit rate.
[+]
 Bismarck.Norminator
user: Hares
By Bismarck.Norminator 2016-07-26 19:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx for the help i will work on getting those Herculean piece.
By Verda 2016-07-26 21:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure :) Meghanada Cuirre +1 is also pretty good for Jishnu's, by the way. It has high dex and crit dmg, but a perfect aug herc piece will also add 3 crit chance, 3 store tp, 2 dex, and -4 enmity. For high acc, herc feet need good augs before they start beating meghanada +1 and NQ adehamr can lose to well augmented herc but adhemar is way easier to augment. I found it interesting that even best cases considered though, Meghanada Visor +1 is the best high acc piece in terms of raw accuracy and even has the 10% crit chance for ranged attacks (but not ws). Adhemar and Herculean both lack native acc and are about attack, and Carmine is a melee/magic acc piece.
By Verda 2016-07-27 12:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I got several PMs in regards to Annihilator sets, so I did the spreadsheet for both Last Stand and Coronach. Last Stand both in game for me and on the spreadsheet show it is just not going to perform as well as Jishnu's, but that is with the caveat that Last Stand being an AGI based WS is far more accurate than Jishnu's which is DEX based, so on high evasion targets you might need less support. Raw damage wise though, Jishnu's is showing 24,138 average damage at 1k tp, and 16,032 average is the best I can get Last Stand at 1k tp. This is with pdif capped meaning you'd expect that with exceptional gear and full buffs/debuffs on the mob. At 3k TP, Jishnu's is averaging 24,401 damage for me and Last Stand averages 23,149 damage. So even with full TP, Last Stand isn't as good a weaponskill. However, it does scale with TP far better than Jishnu's but since building that much tp is never optimal, and since Jishnu's is a crit ws also and thus will perform better in non pdif capped situations, it's safe to say Last Stand loses on all fronts other than accuracy.

That said, you're not always going to be using a bow and if you have an RMEA gun or xbow, you'll want to have a set for it and Last Stand is also a very respectable WS. So here is the best Last Stand set I could come up with on the spreadsheet:
ItemSet 344950

All Herc is taupe stone for agi +15, wsd +4% and racc/rattack 30. 5 AGI > 1% WSD, Ishvara is there because 2% WSD > 4 AGI of Auster Pearl. Meghanada Gloves +1 are pretty close to best aug Herc Gloves, as are Kobo Kote. Adhemar +1 path C wins if like the wiki says it is 4% dmg increase for trueshot +2. Otherwise Herc feet win. The rest of the Adhemar +1 sets path C can not keep up. In low pdif situations, Amini Caban +1 may pull ahead due to high AGI and 7% multiplicative attack bonus. Amini Brague +1 also do very well due to trueshot, only barely edged out but lack a lot of accuracy (21 effective ranged acc vs herculean 65.25 with full augs). Belenus cape is AGI/Racc/Rattack/WSD.

Coronach isn't much different a ws, other than it is not multi hit, and it is 40% dex and 40% agi, making it worse in damage, even with the 40% boost from relic, it was always used for it's enmity control however and that hasn't changed, it's still the king of that. In pdif capped situations, I'm getting 13341 with this set at 1k tp.

ItemSet 344951

Herculean is now fern stone, STR+10, wsd +5%, and racc/rattack +30. There's nothing that will quite beat out neck or waist, like you can do for THF rudra. The closes was Latria Sash but it didn't win out. AGI and DEX both good as well as STR. Mehanada Hands +1 pull ahead because of wsd +5% and since Coronach isn't a multihit ws, it gets full benefit from that. To get WSD +5% on the rest you "get" to play Norg Lottery. How to build tp for 3 hit and high acc sets the same no matter what ranged weapon you use. Belenus cape is STR/Racc/Rattack/WSD. Adhemar +1 path A or B should also do extremely well, and may even be easier to obtain than some of these max aug herc pieces, WSD is the biggest stat to get for this ws though.

Also, if you have already hit 3 hit and accuracy, you'd want to get crit chance/crit damage/AGI/ranged attack, in that order probably, if in equatable amounts. Ranged crits are boss due to deadaim giving so much crit damage, as well as the way ranged crits work multiplying by 1.25 which is also multiplied by true shot, instead of adding 1 to pdif like melee crits. STR is also good, due to the fact ranged attacks get double the benefit to base damage from STR as melee and it also adds to attack. Without specifying the ranged weapon and accuracy requirement it's impossible to give an optimal set for a given situation so that is why I gave more general TP sets, the first hurdle is getting to 3 hit set if you can vs that mob's accuracy requirements, because that is by far the biggest increase in dps.
[+]
 Asura.Kendoh
Server: Asura
user: Crappy
By Asura.Kendoh 2016-07-30 01:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
The lua I posted has the gear sets I use, but no one has listed them out on the forum directly for a while :< Can you tell us what sets you're looking to start out going for and we can help?

Hi Verda,
Thx for all your posts on RNG section, it's been very helpful.
I'd love to see your input on the sets I'm looking, while wielding a Gastraphetes:
Snapshot (good mix of snap./rapid shot while Gastra. has 10% snap already.) - low racc(stp)/mid racc(mixed stp).
I got your input on Trueflight/max acc on previous posts.

I'm still on the CP gain process, using this set for meleeing , it has mixed stp/DW.
I got decent results, just wondering if anything worth replacing (not going to spend much gils into this tho....)
ItemSet 344995
Herc is DEX/ACC/TA , Taeon is DEX/ACC/TA

Thx again-
By Blazed1979 2016-07-30 04:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Coronach isn't much different a ws, other than it is not multi hit, and it is 40% dex and 40% agi, making it worse in damage, even with the 40% boost from relic, it was always used for it's enmity control however and that hasn't changed, it's still the king of that. In pdif capped situations, I'm getting 13341 with this set at 1k tp.

Thanks for posting updated sets. I'm a gun rng, can't find the time to finish my yoichi trials.

How would stacking STR do on Coronach do on your dps sheet?

These are my friend's Last stand and Coro sets. GEO he regularly does 20-24k. When we have all buffs (pre-fight brd and cor) he gets off some impressive dmg, 40-50ks. I don't have access to the sets you posted and was working towards his sets, but if yours are better (which he admits they probably are) I'll start working towards them instead (fml with augments.. ugh)
Code
sets.precast.LastStand={
        head={ name="Adhemar Bonnet", augments={'AGI+10','Rng.Acc.+15','Rng.Atk.+15',}},
        body={ name="Adhemar Jacket", augments={'AGI+10','Rng.Acc.+15','Rng.Atk.+15',}},
        hands={ name="Adhemar Wristbands", augments={'AGI+10','Rng.Acc.+15','Rng.Atk.+15',}},
        legs={ name="Adhemar Kecks +1", augments={'AGI+12','Rng.Acc.+20','Rng.Atk.+20',}},
        feet={ name="Adhemar Gamashes", augments={'AGI+10','Rng.Acc.+15','Rng.Atk.+15',}},
        neck="Fotia Gorget",
        waist="Fotia Belt",
        left_ear="Vulcan's Pearl",
        right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Attack+4','TP Bonus +25',}},
        left_ring="Ifrit Ring +1",
        right_ring="Ifrit Ring +1",
        back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},

Code
sets.precast['Coronach']={
        head={ name="Adhemar Bonnet +1", augments={'DEX+12','AGI+12','Accuracy+20',}},
        body={ name="Adhemar Jacket +1", augments={'DEX+12','AGI+12','Accuracy+20',}},
        hands={ name="Adhemar Wrist. +1", augments={'DEX+12','AGI+12','Accuracy+20',}},
        legs={ name="Adhemar Kecks +1", augments={'AGI+12','Rng.Acc.+20','Rng.Atk.+20',}},
        feet={ name="Adhemar Gamashes", augments={'AGI+10','Rng.Acc.+15','Rng.Atk.+15',}},
        neck="Fotia Gorget",
        waist="Fotia Belt",
        left_ear="Ishvara Earring",
        right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Attack+4','TP Bonus +25',}},
        left_ring="Ifrit Ring +1",
        right_ring="Karieyh Ring",
        back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
 Bismarck.Dunigs
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2016-07-30 04:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

STR will give you more damage on Coronach point for point, so long as your fSTR2 isn't capped. That much hasn't changed even since the original guide post.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-30 05:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dunigs said: »
o long as your fSTR2 isn't capped
Any estimation of what the VIT on Maju and Neak are?
By Verda 2016-07-30 05:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for you input, feedback and appreciation.

I'll try inputting STR for both and see how it goes, and post here. I don't own Anni so never looked into a lot of Coronach sets, I can see STR doing better for it though. Doing more dmg than the spreadsheet says you can definitely possible. Boost spells, families weak to piercing, AGI/STR/DEX indi spell/geo spell, and even the spreadsheet not being 100% accurate can all be factors, of those the biggest would probably be families weak to piercing, which there is actually a lot of. Will get back to you guys with STR sets and see if the spreadsheet posts better. By the way I did post the spreadsheet a few pages back if you guys wanna use it too.

Edit: A quick test on both last stand and coronach of just adding 20 STR vs adding 20 AGI is showing more gain from the 20 AGI, less of a gain on Coronach but it was pretty close. The 10% attack aftermath could actually bump in very slightly in the favor of STR, but against apex crabs which have a ton of vit and def, 20 STR only added 43 damage, where 20 AGI added 57 damage. Amini Caban +1 being used as well as aftermath could sway it to STR just due to the added attacking being multiplied. Since the spreadsheet doesn't have great support for that it's your call, and where real world meets theorycrafting at least for now. Personally I'd stick with AGI as I know it should always work and it's close either way but if you try your own in game test and get much better results for STR get back to me and let me know :) For last stand, the difference was even more pronounced, with the same crab you get a 201 dmg increase for 20 AGI and 75 dmg increase for 20 STR.

Edit 2: I'll try path A for Adhemar on Coronach it should do well. I'll also reply to the rest of the posts.

Edit 3: Adhemar Path A does better than path C in pdif capped situations (increase of 60 dmg in my example) but does worse when pdif is not capped due to a lack of ranged attack (20 dmg diff in my example). It should be noted though that since overall damage in non pdif situations is lower, increases usually are too.

These ranged spreadsheets are not updated for the new pdif caps, and that could also account for the damage differences reported. Does anyone have a very solid pdif cap for each weapon type? If so I can work on updating it as the wiki has really fuzzy caps listed and I don't want to change it more than once.

Asura.Kendoh said: »
I'm still on the CP gain process, using this set for meleeing , it has mixed stp/DW.
I haven't actually put together a melee RNG set, I just used leftovers from my THF. I just used some DW gear as you are doing and then used trueflight as soon as I got to 1k TP, which would kill the mob. I was dualwielding malevolence to ensure the trueflight killed it. I can work on a melee set but it's not huge priority for me at the moment. If you do have the stp gear and sam sub it is probably faster just to shoot things for tp, and especially so if you have a cor sam roll.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-07-30 06:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone knows someone who can design a program based on the excel spreadsheet, but updated, has the time and wants to make some money - let me know please.
By Verda 2016-07-30 06:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Snapshot (good mix of snap./rapid shot while Gastra. has 10% snap already.) - low racc(stp)/mid racc(mixed stp).

I actually am trying to test if the snapshot cap is 70% like SE stated or 80% like players thought but it's proving really difficult to find out due to latency and people having different takes on how stuff arrives to the game. I will try and sort it out though but for now I'm going with 80% snapshot to be sure, and I have diff sets for diff Flurry levels:

No flurry, ah_legs are adhemar legs:
Code
	sets.precast.RA = {
		head="Orion Beret +1", --R:14
		body="Amini Caban +1",--V:22
		hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}},--S:8 R:11
		waist="Yemaya Belt",--R:5
		legs=ah_legs,--S:9 R:10
		feet="Meghanada Jambeaux +1",--S:8
		back=belenus, --V:2, capped Lutian cape can get 3 to cap
		--gastra S:10
		--Kustawi+1 and Kustawi R:14
	}
	--Snapshot: 79
	---- Merits:10
	---- Gear: 22+8+9+8+2+10 = 59 
	---- Gifts: 10
	--Rapidshot: 89
	---- Merits:5
	---- Traits:30
	---- Gear:14+11+5+10+14=54

Flurry II, p_feet is pursuer's, ah_legs are adhemar and arc_body is arcadian.
Code
	sets.precast.RA.Flurry2 = {
		head="Orion Beret +1", --R:14
		body=arc_body,--R:12
		hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}},--S:8 R:11
		waist="Yemaya Belt",--R:5
		legs=ah_legs,--S:9 R:10
		feet=p_feet,--R:10
		back=belenus, --V:2  capped Lutian cape can get 3 to cap
		--gastra S:10
		--Kustawi+1 and Kustawi R:14
	}
	--Snapshot: 79
	---- Merits:10
	---- Gear: 8+9+2+10 = 29 
	---- Gifts: 10
	---- Flurry 2: 30
	--Rapidshot: 111
	---- Merits:5
	---- Traits:30
	---- Gear:14+11+5+10+14+10+12=76

And yep that's 111 rapid shot if you dualwield Kustawi, go wild :P That overcaps it since cap should be 100 though.

I'll have to get to the rest of your questions later thanks for the feedback.

Edit for the melee set I used to CP RNG in Reisenjima solo I did this, which isn't optimal and I knew it but it was still good tp building with the right trusts all I really cared about was getting 1k TP:
Code
    main={ name="Malevolence", augments={'INT+10','Mag. Acc.+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+10','"Fast Cast"+5',}},
    sub={ name="Malevolence", augments={'INT+6','Mag. Acc.+7','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+4','"Fast Cast"+3',}},
    range="Gastraphetes",
    ammo="Abrasion Bolt",
    head={ name="Adhemar Bonnet", augments={'STR+10','DEX+10','Attack+15',}},
    body={ name="Adhemar Jacket", augments={'DEX+10','AGI+10','Accuracy+15',}},
    hands={ name="Adhemar Wristbands", augments={'STR+10','DEX+10','Attack+15',}},
    legs={ name="Samnuha Tights", augments={'STR+10','DEX+10','"Dbl.Atk."+3','"Triple Atk."+3',}},
    feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Accuracy+29','"Triple Atk."+3','Attack+11',}},
    neck="Asperity Necklace",
    waist="Windbuffet Belt +1",
    left_ear="Cessance Earring",
    right_ear="Tripudio Earring",
    left_ring="Epona's Ring",
    right_ring="Petrov Ring",
    back={ name="Belenus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','"Store TP"+10',}},

If I had optimized dw for capped haste it would be better. Trusts I used were Mayakov (for haste samba, is supposedly 10% JA haste from him), King of Hearts (He'll caste haste II even though you're a ranger), Joachim (will cast a march even though you're a ranger), kupofried, and qultalda for exp/cp increases, or Star Sibyl instead of Qultada if you're out of rings, can summon a whm trust too for safety if you want. Don't bother with a tank trust though, getting hit helps your tp ;P Looking this put me at 20% dw with Adhemar body, and I got around 49% haste from trusts and 26% from gear, so it should've been pretty close if not at or exceeding delay cap also (79.3% of 80% delay if mayakov is really 10%).
[+]
 Asura.Kendoh
Server: Asura
user: Crappy
By Asura.Kendoh 2016-07-30 11:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

stuff

Oh man....that was more than expected, thanx for all the good stuff.
What were you soloing in Reisen. ?
By Verda 2016-07-31 11:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What were you soloing in Reisen. ?

Mosquitos are weak to light, but most the stuff there takes great damage to it. The only exceptions are toads, pixies and porxies they are all magic resistant (though porxies mainly from light), though with enough gear you can still one shot them. Beatles, Hippogryphs, Mosquitos, Mantis, Skele, Naraka, Corpselights, Tiger, Floaty Eye things (if not in magic absorb mode), fireflies and ladybugs, boars, and probably some I'm forgetting all take full damage from trueflight and are rarely resisted. Jishnu's ranger can also solo Selkit there to farm for stones very well, I think it does it better than my THF, but you need to be 3 hit set to do it well.
By Verda 2016-08-01 23:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if anyone with anni could run a few simple tests for me to confirm str vs agi.

Outside adoulin there is a lot of mandragora, they are all the exact same level so they are excellent for testing, level 100. I need someone to get 3k tp, without velocity shot on then use coronach with two ifrit rings, and then do the same thing again with two garuda rings (if you use HQ rings make sure they are mirrored for both AGI and STR the goal is to have the same str vs same agi tested). Then I need the same test repeated but with velocity shot and berserk on this time. Then if possible a third test with fury or minuets on. I also need the aftermath off every time so switching weapons would help.

The reason for this is I suspect that STR is the better stat to aim for under some conditions and AGI is better under others since they were so close, having your attack multiplied by berserk and velocity shot might be enough to favor STR and possibly even velocity shot. Also please use amini caban +1, in your ws set. The even more attack bonus from that while velocity shot is active will make a better test. This is also a spreadsheet check so help appreciated. The testing will prob take about 20mins of your time, so any volunteer is appreciated.

One last thing the key to good testing is controlled variables so don't use trusts that cast any buffs or debuffs on you or the mob.
By Brynach 2016-08-02 10:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some testing to help.
I used Anni 121 and fired ws at 3000 tp from a distance of 5.0 each time.

I was wearing Perun +1/Shield, Anni/Chronos Bullet
Fotia gorget, ishvara
Amini Caban +1, Rings (per test requirements)
Fotia belt

Garuda +1 x2
Coronach - 7912

Ifrit +1 x2
Coronach - 8143

Garuda +1 x2 + Velocity + Berserk
Coronach - 11856

Ifrit +1 x2 + Velocity + Berserk
Coronach - 12153

There were no outside buffs, trust support or debuffs and aftermath was off prior to any ws. I only used a PLD mule to hold the mandy in place for ws. I don't have a geo available to test fury at this time.
[+]
By Verda 2016-08-02 13:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Brynach :D I'll have to review the spreadsheets damage calculations and figure out where this went wrong. I'll also try to add % attack boosts for ranged gear, for velocity shot. I'm also editing the set above for Coronach to reflect this.
By Verda 2016-08-02 17:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I uploaded a new spreadsheet thanks to Brynach's testing, attack calculations were off, especially for velocity shot and there was no attack % for ranged attacks from gear. After fixing that, it is showing properly that both without and with velocity shot on STR beats AGI for coronach. I also added a ton of gear. Also even though this was the RNG spreadsheet for some reason it was set to COR on the data sheet.

Updated Spreadsheet

The Ranger spreadsheet I was told was one of the last done, and it doesn't feel completely finished to me, the Velocity attack bonus adds to the Berserk attack bonus for example instead of multiplying I want to test that and confirm in controlled situations before I change it though, and the pdif caps still aren't changed. Some of the fields in data that aren't used much also still seem point to melee attack instead of ranged but that wasn't the problem here. I didn't use vlookup for this but I can change that later it just refers to the proper cells. Lots of testing is still missing for how ranged calculations work too, it'd be nice to get help with that sometime I slowly pick away at it when I have time.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-08-06 09:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm deciding on making a WS RNG Cape for Coronach/Last Stand, what should my augments be? STR or AGI for first slot?
By Verda 2016-08-06 10:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're only making one I'd suggest AGI, but if wanting to maximize both WS you'd want 2 capes :( That's in the sets posted above.

Last Stand @3k TP w/ velocity shot at 6' Range:
With Indi-Str for +32 STR (uncapped geo mule): 11800
With Indi-AGI for +32 AGI (uncapped geo mule): 12053

Last Stand @3k TP w/ velocity shot + berserk at 6' Range:
With Indi-Str for +32 STR (uncapped geo mule): 13301
With Indi-AGI for +32 AGI (uncapped geo mule): 13724

That uses amini also which would favor attack from str.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkspawn
Server: Phoenix
user: Tphantom
By Phoenix.Darkspawn 2016-08-08 20:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

verda, i dont think its on my side, but if change anything on that spread sheet the WSDMG goes to 0, let me know what do i need to do.

thx in advance
By Verda 2016-08-08 20:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darkspawn said: »
verda, i dont think its on my side, but if change anything on that spread sheet the WSDMG goes to 0, let me know what do i need to do.

thx in advance

:O I've never had that issue, I panic'd and downloaded it from the link above and opened it and changed gear and it is working for me as it should. What program are you trying to use and what version? Maybe we have different versions. I edited and saved it using Excel 2016, and saved it as xlsx.

Edit: Are you by chance using the Gear tab? That's for melee which there's a setting on the spreadsheet to calculate melee + ranged but it's really weird, and I just have it set to ranged only so you can ignore that tab except to change your main weapons or to calculate melee ranger damage. R.Gear is the tab for ranged attacks and ranged weaponskills. The setting for that is on the main setup tab under "Fighting Style". if you want to see a melee ws I don't think it lets you right now... there's not fighting style for melee ws. Something to be added for sure.
By Verda 2016-08-09 12:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I got some pms about preshot sets, I wanted to go over what we know from resources like official statements on the ffxi official forums by SE, testing done by US players, and things posted on the JP wiki:
Take say a 600 delay weapon, ammo doesn't count for aiming delay I've retested this myself and it does only count for TP:

Snapshot 70% capped: 600 * .3 = 180 delay
Say you have 100% rapidshot on top of that, rapidshot will reduce delay randomly between 1/16 and 8/16 making it:

Final delay max=168.75
Final delay min=90
Average final delay=129.3

Now the divisor for ranged delay is 106 while for melee the divisor is 60. Meaning 600 delay on a ranged weapon is about 5.66 seconds, but on a melee weapon that same 600 delay is 10 seconds, so keep this in mind if you ever compare delay. Ranged delay seems to somewhat factor in the additional time between shots of 1 second, but we also get the TP from that.

So what this translates to is the difference between having snapshot capped with rapid shot capped because of flurry 2, or just capping snapshot is:
1.69 seconds with just snapshot capped
1.21 seconds with snapshot and rapidshot capped

Which means your ranged attacks take 40% longer if you don't also cap rapidshot.

We have to further this though, because each shot has a 1 second built in delay you can't reduce:
2.69 snapshot only
2.21 rapidshot + snapshot

This makes it a 21.7% increase in overall tp gain and ranged attack white damage to have rapidshot also capped, if all we know about it is true. This will have a greater than 21.7% increase on damage, because the faster your tp gain, the more often you can WS, which is where most the damage comes from and even if it doesn't break an attack round you get tp overage which also helps damage. This assumes all we know is correct and it isn't always but it's the best model we have.

That brings me to another topic, ranged weapon and ammo delay and how they work, which is not very well understood by hardly anyone right now so wanted to clarify how it actually works.

The ranged delay and ammo delay are added together for tp calculations, but the ammo delay is not included in your fire rate. This means how much delay is on the ammo, has a correlation to how fast you build tp because it is tp you get but are not punished for.

This image shows how crossbows which have the best ratio of delay to ammo delay, come out way on top, and how guns take 2nd place and bows third:

This assumes statistical averages, and that the player is always shooting as fast as they are able. If they player isn't shooting as fast as they are able, total delay becomes a better stat, but I'm not really gonna talk into the best sets for lazy play, just saying this is what you can get if you fire right away. It is using relic head, assumes also your tp and ws set use it and that you have sam roll and 40 STP in gear, 50 for aeonics. It also includes the static 1 second delay between shots and assumes your ws return is about the same as your tp return (at least not less than it). Due to how rapidshot works, some rounds will be much longer and some much shorter, it also assumes 70% snapshot and 100% rapidshot because that's achievable now. Anything under 5 seconds should be able to self chain, so that's not the issue here, more just a comparison of weapons and their potential tp gain over time.

Tp per hit with relic hat, sam roll and stp 40, stp 50 for aeonics and took into account flooring:

Weapon TP
Atalanta 297
Imati +1 366.3
Gastraphetes 366.3
Fomalhaut 416.8
Annihilator 395.7
Yoichinoyumi 366.3
Fail-Not 392.6

Real seconds delay with capped snapshot + rapidshot on average with flat 1 second between shots added in:
Weapon Seconds
Atalanta 1.264445755
Imati +1 1.8625
Gastraphetes 1.878773585
Fomalhaut 2.220518868
Annihilator 2.183903302
Yoichinoyumi 2.065919811
Fail-Not 2.220518868

This of course, won't mean just because you fire more WS or build TP faster you do more damage. There's many factors to consider for answering dps, and that's what the spreadsheets are for as well as in game testing. This should however help you as a ranger, better understand why things are they way they are. One reason Gastra is such a good weapon is, xbows have always had very good TP gain, but had to pay the price of lower base damage in exchange but with AM3 and a huge magical WS, Gastra actually is just all bonuses. Atalanta has terrible white damage, but traditionally you could counter some of that with things like righteous bolts. What holds atalanta back right now is it's lack of skill and accuracy but it is a very good xbow to spam trueflight on. For physical weaponskills, xbows answer was always status bolts, and for damage, the def down bolts. Abrasion bolts are 20.5% defense down, and using those, I'm seeing gastra even sometimes pull ahead in damage of Fomalhaut for last stand, but it is situational, all of this is. Bows have the worst TP gain, but a very strong WS at 1k TP, and guns have a good WS too but benefits from tp bonus more, which actually can keep it very competitive.

For myself as Ranger I use all three, but it's tough to make the calls if you don't know when one would benefit. The other factor to consider is ranged distance. If it's a melee party you might be best just going in close with gun and getting fury, if it's a dangerous mob with strong disables, you can take bow and stand far away and spam jishnu's for a lot of damage and if it's a mage setup, you can use trueflight and use rangers extremely high accuracy to still TP, and if it's your own party, you can get a COR to sam roll you, a BRD to lower magic evasion and boost accuracy/attack or RDM to use both distract III and frazzle III and magic burst, a GEO to use malaiese/agi/acumen and either a SCH to skillchain off of and give aurorastorm II, or another ranger to chain last stand -> trueflight and have the geo sub sch for aurorastorm I.

So Ranger gets to be versatile because its weapon choice is versatile. I realize this is a (really) long read, but hope some benefit from it and I've been needing to make a post with a bunch of this info a long time. Enjoy your rangering!

Willing to take any feedback/corrections as well, some things we just don't know and some things I'm not sure on (like if TP flooring happens before or after STP is applied). Also I didn't really touch on double shot, which will favor longer delay weapons in general (can be up 50% of the time). You can 3 hit with xbows too so it would favor it in the form of tp overage.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-09 13:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for your work, Verda. I am a huge fan of information intensive posts like this.
By Bahadir 2016-08-09 14:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Very informative post~ but I was wondering for a while now: is it worth playn Rng without anything like gearswap, i.e. just native macros?
Are they fast enough to change between pre-shot/mid-shot gear in time?
By Colossusx 2016-08-09 14:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So you have a good pre shot set that dont cost a billion gil? lol ty for the amazing posts. RNG4LYF
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-08-09 15:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting post. Have you considered how packet delay might affect those numbers?
By Verda 2016-08-09 19:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Thanks for your work, Verda. I am a huge fan of information intensive posts like this.
Thank you for your thanks helps make it worthwhile to type it all up :)

Bahadir said: »
Very informative post~ but I was wondering for a while now: is it worth playn Rng without anything like gearswap, i.e. just native macros?
Are they fast enough to change between pre-shot/mid-shot gear in time?
Because there is always a 1 second delay minimum between shots, the 1 second and using a macro though is not without problems, the 1 second delay happens at the end of another shot, not the start of yours, so you'd have to hit your macro just as the shot finishes but rapid shot makes it very hard for a player to predict when a shot ends, and randomizes it each time. I'm not sure it'd actually work but your macro would be hit at the time your last ranged attack finishes and equip your preshot, then have a wait 1 and /ra <t> followed with a command to equip midshot without a wait. The other options are to only use windower to have less than 1 second waits, or to use two macros and do it manually. Seeing as how I know endgame scholar that use 4 macros and never miss a skillchain and only use equipsets it's definitely possible to just go the two macro route, which basically means for every ranged attack you'd hit say, ctrl 1 to start the shot and equip preshot gear and then ctrl 2 immediately after to equip your midshot gear before the shot finishes firing since in game macros don't support less than 1 second waits. So you have different options and can do what you feel works best for you. SE was asked about making an auto attack function for ranged attacks on the official forums, and said it would take an overhall of their system as it would prevent using job abilities or weaponskills, but if enough players complained they could possibly change that. They said less than 1 second waits would take a lot of verification work and might not work on slower computers. So unless more people ask SE and they decide to go forward with it, those are your options. I'm not sure SE ever thought it'd get to this point you'd have your midshot go off less than 3/10ths of a second on some weapons after you started an attack when delays were designed to be so much longer gear progression drove it this way. It can't get any faster than this though since we hit caps, so using windower ends up just a convenience here, I hope. I'll test today and see if preshot/midshot works without doing the 2 macro setup but I doubt it will.

Edit: I tested this it was working really well with Atalanta
/equipset 59 <wait 1>
/ra <t>
/equipset 60

Colossusx said: »
So you have a good pre shot set that dont cost a billion gil? lol ty for the amazing posts. RNG4LYF
I'll work on that @_@ The gear with tons of rapidshot and snapshot on them both are kind of expensive though the NQ aren't so bad. I need to put a flurry I set too. I want to test if cap is 70 like SE said or 80 like players thought before I post more, but the sets above, are actually pretty cheap except for the HQ hands or HQ legs (which I don't have the legs), and one reason I have the hands is disneylandjp on our server has a kupo shield so makes all the carmine +1 but the body super cheap and sells them on the AH.

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Interesting post. Have you considered how packet delay might affect those numbers?
Thank you. I have thought about it, but it's something that will be different for everybody and there's some disagreement about how the packets work. One model is that for every packet sent there is one sent back, another is that one packet sent results in two sent back. You send a ranged attack packet, and you get back a ranged_begin packet. Then you get a ranged_finish packet when the shot finishes firing. 1 second from getting the ranged_finish packet at which time damage is done, you can shoot again. Some think for the ranged_finish packet to come your client has to send a ranged_finish packet to the server first, others think all that is needed is the ranged_begin packet and the calculations are then all done server side (this is how I think it works). So one of these are I think what would be the case: it would either have the effect of shifting your intervals to the right, delaying everything the same amount in which case packet delay doesn't matter a lot for dps, or it would introduce the latency on top of shooting delay, making it longer than 1 second between shots because of network lag, this would favor higher delay weapons if that was true, but less than the static 1 second being added in does itself. There is also the frequency with which players get packets, which could cause issues so it gets very technical. If you want to see the end result tho, pick up an Atalanta, it's pretty sweet how fast you can build TP with all the proper gear and buffs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkspawn
Server: Phoenix
user: Tphantom
By Phoenix.Darkspawn 2016-08-09 23:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry for the delay response, yep you were right, was using melee tab /kick myself out of the server. sorry to give false alarm
By eliroo 2016-08-10 08:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda,

Seeing your post up above, I have a few questions.

I am trying to figure out how to calculate Base TP and STP myself on a spread sheet I have running.

My question is how are you getting the TP per hit on Gastra as 366.3?

I'm pretty my formula is flawed but if you could tell me how that would be awesome.

I take Gastra + Quelling Bolts Delay = 624

Given the formula for Base/TP (On bg Wiki) :

Base Tp = 149+((624-540)*20/360)which is 153.6 TP per hit

STP would increase it by 1.4 with Samurai roll giving you

153.6*1.4 = 215.4 TP per hit.

Is this correct? Am I missing something?
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 130 131 132