New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 130 131 132
By Verda 2016-11-26 19:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Archery has lower pdif cap, and pdif would affect the top end where it is capped, not the low end where I was making a statement about jishnu's vs last stand.

Verda said: »
It crits, so if attack isn't capped it will perform well vs other options

Is true, shown to you twice now. Which is obvious anyway to anyone that's actually messed around comparing both ws in game.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-11-26 20:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference is smaller at capped pdif because marksman has a higher cap...
By Verda 2016-11-26 20:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The spreadsheet doesn't yet account for the differences in pdif cap for ranged vs marksmanship, though I have worked on it. The difference is smaller if you account for that, but Jishnu's does still win at maximum pdif. However, what Kyte was claiming was that attack ISN'T capped that it would perform the same b/c of how ranged crits work, that's clearly not the case and he was wrong. So kyte made a claim about lower than capped pdif and now you're both only talking about capped pdif rather than admitting you were wrong.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-11-26 20:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranged crits are always 1.25x before crit damage, which is another multiplier. It doesn't matter what your pDIF is, it will always be the same multiplier.
By Verda 2016-11-26 20:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That's true, as stated in my original reply to kyte, then posted in reply to you with math. I don't have time to argue this, or find it enjoyable it's clear that if you're losing the conversation you'll just attempt to instead have a different conversation.

The spreadsheet numbers I provided on the last page showing with attack less than capped how the relative difference grows between the ws, and my post before that saying that part was right both stated what you said already, and my original post said nothing to disagree with it either it made a statement that at lower pdif Jishnu's gains even more advantage over other options, and criticals are a reason why. Then you replied with pdif caps which doesn't apply to the statement kyte picked out, and now something I already stated was true and then demonstrated in the math I posted, oh and a "lol" comment post must not forget that helpful gem of posting. After this I'm sure people will just be more confused since you're either confused yourself or attempting to confuse the conversation to win it. I don't think you even get what my original statement means by your replies. You can have last word or whatever but this conversation is already on loop mode, and I have no desire to continue whether you understand me or not.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-11-26 20:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I was laughing because you claim I can't do math then proceed to post some arbitrary numbers with two different ws and no known variables. You haven't proven anything and can't even show your work because it isn't your work.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-11-27 09:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

While you may question why I was lamenting using Aeonic gun for TF, I merely mentioned it because the original question was "is it worth it without Mythic?"and my experience with that weaponskill is only with that gun. I also mentioned the buffing I was getting as context for how to increase its numbers.

I'm by no means a experienced a RNG as many who's advice on here i try to put into practice, but at times advice from a "middle of the pack" player (ignore the gun,I refer to knowledge) can help the beginners, assuring that the information passed along is accurate.
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-11-27 17:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible for Wildfire to pull Leaden Salute Numbers (I.E 99k WS or SC)?
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2016-11-27 17:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

With enough buffs and against the right target, sure. All things equal (neutral elemental resistance etc.) Leaden wins, but it's not really an apples to apples comparison... different ftp and all. Like everything else, sh*t's situational~
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-11-27 18:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

not unless the mob resists or otherwise takes reduced dark damage.

trueflight would be a bit closer than wf will.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-11-28 12:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I was told by a friend that the yochi wasn't worth using unless it was afterglowed. Is there any truth to this? Would the annihilator be useless non afterglowed also? Sorry if I'm asking to many questions.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-28 12:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Most RMEs aren't too great unless you afterglow them (exceptions include anything where the added base damage/attack/accuracy isn't as important, such as Burtgang, Yagrush, and Death Penalty).
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-11-28 13:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
I was told by a friend that the yochi wasn't worth using unless it was afterglowed. Is there any truth to this? Would the annihilator be useless non afterglowed also? Sorry if I'm asking to many questions.

Afterglowed Annihilator is used for specific types of content, such as Fermion Master Trial. There are distinct advantages for having massive reduction in enmity when spamming WS's non-stop for an hour (or less), and when compared to the non-AG version, it's a no-brainer that both RNG's ideally should be AG'd.

Big obvious difference between the two. And on top of that, there's a good possibility that the RNG(s) will be using Chrono Bullets from Fomalhaut for that MT, but it's not a deal-breaker if you don't have access to those. Eradicating would do the job just fine.
By Bamboom 2016-12-02 20:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all. Looking to get back into RNG. I have Jishnus but I got a free xbow from the unity nm campaign and since I've always been a fan of xbow rng I thought I'd give it a shot.

I've heard great things about true flight ranger, which seems like a great motivator to gear for xbow. Is this xbow usable in the long run? My access to other weapons is pretty limited so I'm planning on using it to get the gears turning.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-02 22:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe that might the best crossbow for trueflight beside(mythic of coruse) and
Bamboom said: »
Hey all. Looking to get back into RNG. I have Jishnus but I got a free xbow from the unity nm campaign and since I've always been a fan of xbow rng I thought I'd give it a shot.

I've heard great things about true flight ranger, which seems like a great motivator to gear for xbow. Is this xbow usable in the long run? My access to other weapons is pretty limited so I'm planning on using it to get the gears turning.
I believe that might be the best crossbow for Trueflight besides(Mythic of course) and maybe this xbow.
By Bamboom 2016-12-02 22:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome! Does anyone have any xbow gearsets?
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-05 09:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Meg. Gloves +1 be bis for coronach? Or could you get something better from augmented herc gloves?
By Verda 2016-12-05 09:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bamboom said: »
Awesome! Does anyone have any xbow gearsets?
Well your tp set will be the same either way though xbows do like more stp, and your ws sets too. If doing physical ws with xbows be sure to bring along abrasion bolts though. If you have any specific questions I could answer those. But basically for TP you want as much STP as accuracy will allow for midshot.

Asura.Topace said: »
Would Meg. Gloves +1 be bis for coronach? Or could you get something better from augmented herc gloves?
They actually beat out well augmented herc in almost all situations. One reason is higher AGI than most hands, along with higher DEX and higher STR, where as herc can only improve on one of those.
[+]
 Asura.Raitoken
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2016-12-12 18:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How is RNG these days? I just came back and rolled a new character wondering if I should take RNG up. Are they competitive in damage or really only used in master trials?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-12-12 19:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

master trials unless your making the pty sadly... id love to use rng too, but most fights theres just better setups.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-12 19:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranger is fantastic for mage setups for the Fusion > Light extension on fire based setups, as well.
By Verda 2016-12-12 20:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep can't agree more, we actually did Vinipata with my RNG doing trueflight last night went well in my opinion. It's in the works though as I still pull hate 2x and died, we still finished earlier than we usually do however. What really surprised me was in my high acc set with sushi and using magic acc daggers I was able to TP on Vinipata with capped accuracy as long as I had bard songs.

Almost all escha mobs die in that first skillchain with mages bursting. We also have farmed beads a few times just spamming Neak, he'll die in three fusion -> trueflight combos and you don't even have to proc unless there's a mistake somewhere affecting your speed because he will die before the first discordant note goes off.

Some mobs are resistant to light or magic damage in general, but the number of mobs you can't do capped damage on is actually a pretty small list compared to the ones you can and a rng can TP with no support on almost everything, and minimal support on T4, and at a rate that will run a sch out of strats making fusion. The evasion nerf removed a Trueflight RNG's need for dedicated accuracy support or relying on wings or tact rolls to generate TP on high tier content. You will need a nice AGI + Ranged Acc set and quite a few racc vorseals though.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-12 22:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking about starting Armageddon but i'm working on fomalhaut atm. I hear many different opinions say that fomalhaut is best for wildfire and some say its the worse for wildfire. Verda I know you come with stats to back up your claim can you shed some light on this.
By Verda 2016-12-12 22:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the obvious answer to me is Arma, and using the spreadsheets confirms it. Unlike Trueflight Wildfire gains nothing damage wise for TP over 1k, just more enmity decrease. Arma does get a ton of AGI tho and more magic damage and more magic accuracy so it wins in all those departments.

I just used the Trueflight setup I had on there already rather than messing around with replacing a lot of AGI items with MAB due to the lower WSMod on Wildfire, but with the setup I had and changing nothing else it got 16972 damage with Arma III and 14370 with Foma. You also miss out on all the great ODT which is really strong on RNG. (Your average shot goes from 6941 dmg with Arma AM3 to 2888 damage with Foma, though I'm still reviewing that aspect of the spreadsheet changes I made they are within ranges I'd expect in a fully buffed situation). Actually Gastra with Quelling Bolt is better for wildfire than Foma too, coming in at 16246 damage and it also with AM3 gets ODT and ODD with average shots around at 4418 with it active and pdif capped and standing trueshot distance.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-13 00:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Orion Beret +2:DEF:109 HP+54 STR+28 DEX+29 VIT+22 AGI+34 INT+25 MND+25 CHR+26 Ranged Accuracy+37 Ranged Attack+24 Evasion+54 Magic Evasion+63 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Haste+8% Enmity-6 "Rapid Shot"+16 Weapon skill damage +5%

Orion Beret +3:DEF:119 HP+64 STR+33 DEX+34 VIT+27 AGI+39 INT+30 MND+30 CHR+31 Ranged Accuracy+47 Ranged Attack+34 Evasion+64 Magic Evasion+73 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Haste+8% Enmity-7 "Rapid Shot"+18 Weapon skill damage +10%

Orion Braccae +2:DEF:121 HP+70 MP+23 STR+34 VIT+19 AGI+32 INT+35 MND+26 CHR+16 Ranged Accuracy+46 Evasion+48 Magic Evasion+79 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+6% Enmity-6 "Snapshot"+10 "Sharpshot"+14

Orion Braccae +3:DEF:131 HP+80 MP+33 STR+39 VIT+24 AGI+37 INT+40 MND+31 CHR+21 Ranged Accuracy+56 Evasion+58 Magic Evasion+89 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Haste+6% Enmity-7 "Snapshot"+15 "Sharpshot"+16

Orion Bracer +2:DEF:97 HP+37 STR+16 DEX+40 VIT+34 AGI+22 INT+17 MND+35 CHR+22 Ranged Accuracy+38 Evasion+34 Magic Evasion+47 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Haste+5% Enmity-5 "Barrage"+2 "Barrage" accuracy+22 "Shadowbind"+14

Orion Bracer +3:DEF:107 HP+47 STR+21 DEX+45 VIT+39 AGI+27 INT+22 MND+40 CHR+27 Ranged Accuracy+48 Evasion+44 Magic Evasion+57 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Haste+5% Enmity-6 "Barrage"+3 "Barrage" accuracy+32 "Shadowbind"+16

Orion Jerkin +2:DEF:139 HP+88 MP+44 STR+29 DEX+34 VIT+26 AGI+35 INT+28 MND+28 CHR+28 Ranged Accuracy+50 Ranged Attack+31 Magic Accuracy+20 Evasion+59 Magic Evasion+74 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+15 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Haste+4% Enmity-6 "Store TP"+4 "Camouflage" duration +100

Orion Jerkin +3:DEF:149 HP+98 MP+54 STR+34 DEX+39 VIT+31 AGI+40 INT+33 MND+33 CHR+33 Ranged Accuracy+60 Ranged Attack+41 Magic Accuracy+30 Evasion+69 Magic Evasion+84 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+20 "Magic Def. Bonus"+7 Haste+4% Enmity-7 "Store TP"+8 "Camouflage" duration +100

Orion Socks +2:DEF:79 HP+19 STR+17 DEX+29 VIT+15 AGI+44 MND+17 CHR+35 Ranged Accuracy+44 Ranged Attack+26 Evasion+82 Magic Evasion+79 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+4% Enmity-5 "Scavenge"+9 Movement speed +12%

Orion Socks +3:DEF:89 HP+29 STR+22 DEX+34 VIT+20 AGI+49 MND+22 CHR+40 Ranged Accuracy+54 Ranged Attack+36 Evasion+92 Magic Evasion+89 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Haste+4% Enmity-6 "Scavenge"+11 Movement speed +18%

Sherida Earring:STR+5 DEX+5 "Double Attack"+5% "Store TP"+5 "Subtle Blow II"+5

Dingir Ring:AGI+10 Ranged Attack+25 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+10 "Recycle"+10

IIabrat Ring:DEF:10 HP+60 DEX+10 AGI+10 Attack+25 "Store TP"+5

Iskur Gorget:DEF:8 HP+30 Ranged Accuracy+30 Ranged Attack+30 "Store TP"+8
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-13 09:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to state the obvious, but the shield and ring ate going to be such massive improvements over existing options. That, and the reforged...good lord. At least personally, the three jobs I play the most got so much from the reforge.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-13 10:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This might be the best racc set now I think. It damn sure beats my current set.
[+]
By Verda 2016-12-13 16:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Dingir Ring, Orion Jerkin +3, Orion Beret +3, Nisroch Jerkin, Orion Bracers +3, Iskur Gorget, Nusku Shield, Orion Braccae +3, and Orion Socks +3 are all things I really want and about in that order. With these STP + Racc options self chaining without SAM roll is finally getting to be an option you don't sacrifice literally everything else for :D Sherida Earring is really strong and so is IIabrat Ring though both are definitely melee oriented first even then tho Illabrat is better for TF than Garuda +1 but the utlimate combo would be Dingir and Weatherspoon of course :P
 Sylph.Kollosis
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2016-12-13 16:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-12-13 17:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Really wishing I had capped JP on my RNG during the last CP campaign right about now. Most of the +3 Orion are best in slot in at least one set, not to mention Iskur Gorget and Dingir Ring.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 130 131 132