New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 128 129 130 131 132
By Swepttrippy 2019-01-21 13:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Beautiful mate! Although alot more thought has to go in to each of the fights, i was thinking maybe it could have been easier than SMN but yeah i was wrong =). Would take alot more organisation than usual smn burn. But i will hopefully try this someday. Thanks alot of all the info guys, great community <3
[+]
 Asura.Snapster
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-21 14:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN burn is definitely much easier and relaxed although if you want to use your ranged DPS to do these fights you can. If you're keeping it to a minimal setup (9~10 players) then it's very easy although it will become difficult if you add on a lot of dead weight. For production fights (mercing) I don't recommend this at all over SMN burning although if you're looking to have some fun
and just clearing for yourself then it's worth considering.
[+]
 Shiva.Samanosuke
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Samanosuke 2019-01-21 14:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any difference in damage for Trueflight between Hachirin-no-obi and Korin Obi?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-01-21 14:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

no but keep both in case weather and day are opposite
 Shiva.Samanosuke
By Shiva.Samanosuke 2019-01-21 14:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If weather/day are opposite, what advantage does hachirin provide?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-21 14:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It cancels itself out, thats why you would (ideally) keep the Korin

korin has no penalty for light day + dark weather, or dark day + light weather
 Shiva.Samanosuke
By Shiva.Samanosuke 2019-01-21 14:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If I only play RNG then no reason to get hachirin then, just Korin is fine?
By Foxfire 2019-01-21 20:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

karin for wildfire( i guess? )
[+]
By Swepttrippy 2019-01-23 11:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo lads, I was wondering if any of you have problems in dynamis with lag? When on ranger i find a lot of the time my ranged animation gets stuck mid shot and locks my character out of performing any actions for awhile, using rnghelper from selindriles gs lua also makes this happen even more. At the moment i am manually shooting throughout the whole dynamis run. Looking for any advice that might help!
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2019-01-23 11:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Swepttrippy said: »
Yo lads, I was wondering if any of you have problems in dynamis with lag? When on ranger i find a lot of the time my ranged animation gets stuck mid shot and locks my character out of performing any actions for awhile, using rnghelper from selindriles gs lua also makes this happen even more. At the moment i am manually shooting throughout the whole dynamis run. Looking for any advice that might help!

Yes, constantly. I've got a solid fiber connection and a strong machine, but I stay locked to R3000 in dynamis. Mobs stay on my screen after they're dead, it takes forever to engage, and ranged animation gets stuck.

It's just the animation displayed to the client that gets stuck though. Your shot actually goes off, so if you're used to shot timing, it's not a big deal to circumvent. Just keep shooting, and you'll notice your shots are landing despite whatever your character's animation says. I also don't recommend engaging on RNG. If you're using GS, you can WS without doing so anyways.

I generally disable most effects. I turn off shadows, footprints, and weather, and I limit the models displayed to almost nothing. Even then, I can barely tell a difference.

I would also be curious to know if there's anything else that helps. It seems network related, so I honestly doubt there is anything that would help short of moving geographic location to somewhere near SE's servers.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-23 11:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

interesting fact- in dyna I've discovered that you can still fire when animation locked, it just doesn't show it visually. Its not 100%, but its better than the lag.
By Swepttrippy 2019-01-23 12:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I did notice myself gaining tp during the shot that froze, but normally i am unable to shoot again for awhile afterwards, and most certainly cannot WS. Its a nightmare at times.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-23 14:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have noticed that when I try to shoot too fast after WS or what not and I get the message "You must wait a bit before you can perform that action" I'll be locked out of all actions for approximately 5-10 seconds. I don't have an auto-ra addon or anything. It's not just ranged attacks though, I can't do any kind of action from macros.
 Sylph.Chocobro
Server: Sylph
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2019-01-23 15:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time I was RNG in Dynamis, lag was extremely bad and I ended up meleeing for TP so I could catch up with the CORs
 Asura.Yankke
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Yankke 2019-01-26 19:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Rngs community ~ I looked a few pages back and didn't find any Preshot/Midshot/Ws set... anyone don't mind sharing sets... thx~
 Odin.Pistallion
Server: Odin
By Odin.Pistallion 2019-01-29 08:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just re subbed and am looking for help to know exactly what I should be doing when I log on, because I feel a little lost.

I just finished all AF+1 gear, and not sure what equipment I should be looking to get now or what my goals should be. Also, should I be maxing out job and merit points before anything?

I started Unity fights but some that I need for AF+2 seemed really hard and I couldn't do it. Which level NMs can I do right now? Should I be trying to farm Dymanims for Relic? ETC, ETC

Any help is appreciated
 Odin.Slycooper
Server: Odin
user: Slycooper
By Odin.Slycooper 2019-01-29 15:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Pistallion said: »
So I just re subbed and am looking for help to know exactly what I should be doing when I log on, because I feel a little lost.

I just finished all AF+1 gear, and not sure what equipment I should be looking to get now or what my goals should be. Also, should I be maxing out job and merit points before anything?

I started Unity fights but some that I need for AF+2 seemed really hard and I couldn't do it. Which level NMs can I do right now? Should I be trying to farm Dymanims for Relic? ETC, ETC

Any help is appreciated

There are a few sets you will need to work on.

Start upgrading your relic gear. You will also need to start getting gear from Ru'an and Reis NM's.

For weapons you will want to make a REMA marksmanship weapon.

You will also need to finish SoA story line to do SR to get dagger for your TF set.

The list is long but you can knock some things out quickly if you get lucky.

I play late at night on Odin usually so feel free to send me a tell if you see me on
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-29 16:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

the nice thing with RNG is you can build your capabilities independently.

First and foremost, put down the bow. These days its marksmanship or bust.

Secondly, build a physical WS set for Last Stand/Coronach (same set will work even though coro is str/agi and last stand is straight agi).

Next, build your preshot sets, at a bare minimum a "no flurry" set. Ideally you'll build 3 sets: No Flurry, Flurry I, and Flurry II.

Lastly, build a TP set with a high accuracy toggle. We're quite gifted these days with the amount of native ranged accuracy we get between job traits, gifts, and natural gear choices. You won't need to live in high accuracy, but it becomes pretty damn clear when you do need it in a fight.

Grats, now you're fully functional for a physical fight.

Next, unlock Trueflight and build a magical WS set built around MAB/AGI/WSD. Being also marksmanship means you won't have to swap weapons to switch between physical and magical damage. Wildfire is a great tool as well, giving you a non-RMEA connected weaponskill to help make darkness chains (unlike our other darkness option, Coronach), and wildfire gears the same way as Trueflight except for one factor: it doesn't scale with TP, so pieces like Moonshade Earring aren't so hot for Wildfire while its absolutely golden for Trueflight.

If you search this forum as a whole, you'll find independent threads for preshot,midshot,weaponskill,and utility sets for RNG. A nice factor for building a Ranger is how simple it is compared to building a 2handed melee- we have some basic rules to follow, TP overflow is almost always a good thing for us and never wasteful, and our RMEA weapons almost all have function....or at least the marksmanship ones.
[+]
By kunami 2019-02-08 09:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I borrowed the COR guide (with permission) and stuck all of the community's work here over the last couple years in it. Don't need to make it a sticky or anything, but it's there for people's convenience if they want to use it to answer the repeated set questions we seem to get a lot in here.

node 365
[+]
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2019-02-08 10:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty solid guide there I can scrap the one I started to make ^.^
 Lakshmi.Druin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zeros75
By Lakshmi.Druin 2019-02-08 10:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Should get it a sticky imo. The old one is terribly outdated unfortunately. And this one has an absolute ton of useful/current info.
[+]
 Asura.Brahk
user: Brahk
By Asura.Brahk 2019-02-08 11:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nicely made!
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-02-08 12:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Secondly, build a physical WS set for Last Stand/Coronach (same set will work even though coro is str/agi and last stand is straight agi).

Next, build your preshot sets, at a bare minimum a "no flurry" set. Ideally you'll build 3 sets: No Flurry, Flurry I, and Flurry II.

Lastly, build a TP set with a high accuracy toggle. We're quite gifted these days with the amount of native ranged accuracy we get between job traits, gifts, and natural gear choices. You won't need to live in high accuracy, but it becomes pretty damn clear when you do need it in a fight.

Next, unlock Trueflight and build a magical WS set built around MAB/AGI/WSD. Being also marksmanship means you won't have to swap weapons to switch between physical and magical damage. Wildfire is a great tool as well, giving you a non-RMEA connected weaponskill to help make darkness chains (unlike our other darkness option, Coronach), and wildfire gears the same way as Trueflight except for one factor: it doesn't scale with TP, so pieces like Moonshade Earring aren't so hot for Wildfire while its absolutely golden for Trueflight.

If you search this forum as a whole, you'll find independent threads for preshot,midshot,weaponskill,and utility sets for RNG. A nice factor for building a Ranger is how simple it is compared to building a 2handed melee- we have some basic rules to follow, TP overflow is almost always a good thing for us and never wasteful, and our RMEA weapons almost all have function....or at least the marksmanship ones.

I don't trust a rng that doesn't have atleast AG Yoichi.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-08 12:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

I only trust someone with an AG Yoichi if they play SAM.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-02-08 12:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

I only trust someone with an AG Yoichi if they play SAM.
I can't trust a RNG that only has AG Yoichi, they chose poorly lol. I regret making mine even for shits and giggles. It's so bad on SAM even with the appropriate gear.
 Carbuncle.Makonnen
Server: Carbuncle
user: Numbahz
By Carbuncle.Makonnen 2019-02-08 13:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I would trust someone more if they took the measure to make a AG Yoichi, that shows a great deal passion often lead by nostalgia to venture into a very deep job.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Haxetc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Haxetc 2019-02-08 13:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's our almighty Savage Blade set in that node?
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2019-02-08 13:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Some sets like Trueflight needs to be updated which I'm sure you are going to do .. but overall Good Format.. ^_^
By kunami 2019-02-08 13:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Haxetc said: »
Where's our almighty Savage Blade set in that node?

If you make one I will add it. Probably...
By kunami 2019-02-08 13:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
Some sets like Trueflight needs to be updated which I'm sure you are going to do .. but overall Good Format.. ^_^

Could you specify what is out of date regarding those sets? I scoured the latest information in the ranger WS thread when making them.

Regarding ambu weapons I figured Malevolence was still better, but I usually wait until Snapster or Capuchin pushes some data out before changing them.
First Page 2 3 ... 128 129 130 131 132