Is FF14 Talk Making Ppl Quit?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Is FF14 talk making ppl quit?
Is FF14 talk making ppl quit?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ifrit.Clouse
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-08-08 21:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Me: "Hey, how's it going? i haven't seen you on in awhile"

Friend: "yeah, im quitting ffxi and selling my account, gonna wait for ff14"

Me: "i see, can i have that blau back u borrowed from me? my thf isnt fappable anymoar"

Friend"..."

in-game convo lulz. also i should say that was around when ff14 was first announced.
 Asura.Slamm
Server: Asura
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-08-08 21:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Clouse said:
Me: "Hey, how's it going? i haven't seen you on in awhile"

Friend: "yeah, im quitting ffxi and selling my account, gonna wait for ff14"

Me: "i see, can i have that blau back u borrowed from me? my thf isnt fappable anymoar"

Friend"..."

in-game convo lulz. also i should say that was around when ff14 was first announced.

lol some friend u have there, ouch
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-08 22:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quitting XI because of XIV? The feeling of losing everything you invested your time into and having to start from stratch?

But I've never seen someone complain about starting at level 1 in a new FF title besides that. Oh no! I was level 99 in FF IV, and I have to restart over in FF V!!! How unfair. I'm so quitting. Yes, of course...

So, maybe it's because FF XI takes so much time? But what about when you finish a game you like, and then wish it lasted much longer?

After 9 sequels and several spinoffs, they MADE an FF title like that, and people still find something to complain about.

SE aren't stupid enough not to realize this is going to cross a lot of people's mind. So just wait and see how they will try to convince FF11 players to try FF14. They're into making money... They'll find something to convince you, don't worry.
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
Server: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2009-08-08 22:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Thunderz said:
Phyrefly said:
Clinpachi said:
Honestly i DO hope people quit for XIV so it weeds out the people who have stopped making this game fun.

Me too.

you fail

new people don't make FFXI lame its the old old members who give a hard time to new people that make XI lame

No, its *** and douchebags that made this game not fun, when they started playing makes no difference.

Yeah really...who said anything about new people? It's the douchebags that I hope quit.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-08 23:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Clouse said:

FFXII failed hard too i heard, not to mention the 5.99 price tag in less then a year after release.

Define failed hard ?

FF VII : 9.72M + 0.60M from international version
FF VIII : 7.86M
FF IX : 5.30M
FF X : 7.95M + 0.30M from international version
FF X-2 : 5.21M + 0.30M from international/Last Mission
FF XII : 5.10M + 0.10M from international/Zodiac Jobs System

I don't see any failure there. FF VII and X were the first FF on their respective system (= huge evolution/change compared to the previous generation, which would explain these numbers. Not to mention that both were system sellers.). IX/X-2/XII still sold 5.5M copy each which is a lot, can't talk about a failure here :/

Protip : nobody cares about how good the game are, people just buy them. Just check out the charts, 80%+ of these sales has been done during the 2 first weeks which followed the release (in each different region).

Won't compare games from the main series to the spin off however, would be completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Ifrit.Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-08-08 23:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Clouse said:

FFXII failed hard too i heard, not to mention the 5.99 price tag in less then a year after release.

Define failed hard ?

I don't see any failure there. FF VII and X were the first FF on their respective system (= huge evolution/change compared to the previous generation, which would explain these numbers. Not to mention that both were system sellers.). IX/X-2/XII still sold 5.5M copy each which is a lot, can't talk about a failure here :/

Protip : nobody cares about how good the game are, people just buy them. Just check out the charts, 80%+ of these sales has been done during the 2 first weeks which followed the release (in each different region).

Won't compare games from the main series to the spin off however, would be completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Aye, but making ***games can only lower the amount of ppl who want to buy the next one in line. luckily for SE they have so many big hits that shitty games wont impact them much.
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-08-08 23:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Clouse said:
Antipika said:
Clouse said:

Define failed hard ?

Aye, but making ***games can only lower the amount of ppl who want to buy the next one in line. luckily for SE they have so many big hits that shitty games wont impact them much.

a lot of people would still buy

the average person is a sheep, will sit back and do w/e he/she is told
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-08 23:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Clouse said:

Unless SE *** up like 3-4 games in a row, I really don't think that its playerbase will erode. And by *** up I mean a complete failure, something you wouldn't play. So far I always cleared all final fantasy, even if some are inferior to others, they, usually, are way above the average game, especially when you see ***that's being released elsewhere.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-08 23:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Slamm said:

Baaaaaaaaa
 Ifrit.Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-08-08 23:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Clouse said:

Unless SE *** up like 3-4 games in a row, I really don't think that its playerbase will erode. And by *** up I mean a complete failure, something you wouldn't play. So far I always cleared all final fantasy, even if some are inferior to others, they, usually, are way above the average game, especially when you see ***that's being released elsewhere.

same lol, i have too much time for console games to interest me much, but ff games can last awhile and usually have stuff to do afterwords.

sidenote: i recently picked up Shadow of the Colossus (yeah lol, 2 years too late), sat through it in a few hours and was like "wtf, thats it? not even a hidden colossus or something after-game"
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-08 23:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

...FF14 talk does make some people quit <.>
Someone I knew who was just taking a month break has quit for good just from hearing about ff14. =p
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-08-08 23:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

brand name can mean almost everything in business

just look @ car companies...
they stick their logo on anything and it sells

and then u have when coca cola sold tap water for £1 a bottle >.>
 Ifrit.Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-08-08 23:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Slamm said:
Clouse said:
Antipika said:
Clouse said:

Define failed hard ?

i lulz'd and though of halo3
 Ifrit.Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-08-08 23:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Slamm said:

Dasani iirc
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-08-08 23:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Clouse said:
Slamm said:

Dasani iirc

yeh they launched it in 2004 over here then realized it can give people cancer lol