Battlemod v2
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 13 14 15
 Fenrir.Jarrin
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jarrin
By Fenrir.Jarrin 2013-06-03 17:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i must of did something wrong with color settings and all i see whenever i cast a spell is the following:

windower4\/addons/battlemod/genric_helpers.lua:133: attempt to concatenate local 'color' (a nil value)

i have all color setting set to 0 so it will use the original game color settings. any idea what i've done wrong and how to correct it?

thanks

Disregard: I figured it out. Awesome addon btw tyvm :)
 Phoenix.Terasan
Server: Phoenix
user: Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2013-06-03 18:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I get the same errors whenever I load up battlemod, I get spammed with concatenation errors, I booted up the windower loader and got a newer version I think? Still doesn't work though, sadly. Any help would be appreciated.
 Fenrir.Jarrin
user: Jarrin
By Fenrir.Jarrin 2013-06-03 19:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

the way i fixed it is to completely delete the battlemod folder (copy your specific job filters to your desktop temporarily if you dont want to redo them all) and simply re-download a fresh version of battlemod. the colors.xml file looks very different from the one that was in my initial download. re-adjust your settings the way you want it and you should be good to go.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-06-04 07:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I could explain what causes this or how to fix it, but I cannot replicate it. I would just go with Jarrin's solution.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-06-04 07:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jarrin said: »
the way i fixed it is to completely delete the battlemod folder (copy your specific job filters to your desktop temporarily if you dont want to redo them all) and simply re-download a fresh version of battlemod. the colors.xml file looks very different from the one that was in my initial download. re-adjust your settings the way you want it and you should be good to go.
I had to do this to remove the nil errors I was getting the other week. Seemed like the original battlemod folders were being funky with my bm2.

Funky is the technical term!
 Fenrir.Quedari
user: Quedari
By Fenrir.Quedari 2013-06-04 16:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I'm having the same issue as everyone else. Battlemod worked just fine last night, but a friend was telling me his didn't work anymore. Log in today and I get
Lua error: ...am Files\Windower4\addons\battlemod\generic_helpers.lua:57: attempt to call global 'S' (a nil value)
and it wouldn't load at all. Deleting the whole folder and redownloading did not fix.

edit: When my friend was trying to fix his last night, I 7zipped my whole battlemod folder and sent it to him because I was too lazy to pick out the single files he wanted. The generic_helpers.lua got updated when I logged on today, but the one in my 7z did not, so I copied it back over my battlemod folder and now battlemod will load.
 Bismarck.Cailyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Rehwyn
By Bismarck.Cailyn 2013-06-04 16:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Quedari said: »
Guess I'm having the same issue as everyone else. Battlemod worked just fine last night, but a friend was telling me his didn't work anymore. Log in today and I get
Lua error: ...am Files\Windower4\addons\battlemod\generic_helpers.lua:57: attempt to call global 'S' (a nil value)
and it wouldn't load at all. Deleting the whole folder and redownloading did not fix.

Having the same issue myself since the update this afternoon.
 Quetzalcoatl.Skeith
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: sukeisu
By Quetzalcoatl.Skeith 2013-06-04 16:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having this issue also. Sad cat.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2013-06-04 16:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Skeith said: »
I'm having this issue also. Sad cat.
No idea how lua stuff works or anything but I just deleted that S on the line and haven't crashed or anything yet so ya...
 Fenrir.Quedari
By Fenrir.Quedari 2013-06-04 17:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried that, but then Line71 gave me an error and it still wouldn't load :(
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2013-06-04 17:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jarrin said: »
Tried this and fixed nothing :/
 Quetzalcoatl.Skeith
user: sukeisu
By Quetzalcoatl.Skeith 2013-06-04 17:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
local ignore_fields = S{'german','french','japanese','index','recast','fr','frl','de','del','jp','jpl'}

If you remove the S from this line of the code (line 57), BattleMod loads up fine, for me that is. Also, Dova is my hero.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2013-06-04 17:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Skeith said: »
Quote:
local ignore_fields = S{'german','french','japanese','index','recast','fr','frl','de','del','jp','jpl'}

If you remove the S from this line of the code (line 57), BattleMod loads up fine, for me that is. Also, Dova is my hero.
That worked thanks

edit: btw its in the generic_helpers file
 Fenrir.Quedari
By Fenrir.Quedari 2013-06-04 18:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My bad, I erased the whole line lol. Seems I know less about lua than Dova XD
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-06-04 18:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a "require 'sets'" missing at the top. Removing S may load fine, but it may only cause errors during gameplay later on, because various other things in the code rely on it. (Specifically, the :contains() function called will no longer work.)
By Kiriyak 2013-06-04 18:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

what skeith said above worked perfect for me, and ty Gunit for folder location!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-06-04 18:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, pushed the fix. I was using that line to cut down on battlemod's memory footprint (9MB -> 6MB). It shouldn't have any impact on actual gameplay if you deleted it.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-06-06 09:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, these are the known issues/etc. with 2.17:
Quote:
Additional Features:
* The "__damage" colors don't do anything, but have been left in the settings file for potential future uses.
* Somehow add a filter for monsters that you are currently fighting?
* Filter for "gains the effects of" messages
* Try and integrate SE's chat filters into this.
* Add past tense status effects to the resources somehow. - In progress
* Combine damage from attack rounds into the same line
* Consider a filter specifically for enspells/sambas. - Condense enspells into damage.
* There is no filter for when a charmed player is attacking another player?

LuaCore or Hook related problems:
* Using //bm colortest and then expanding your chat log on small window size clients (640x480) can cause crashes? (Your guess is as good as mine, but this is a problem proportional to the number of color codes used)
* Many usable weapons do not show up due to next() corruption issues? -- work-around implemented (thanks Arcon!)

Battlemod problems:
* Condense settings don't really work when they're turned to false. (Consider reinstating the colorful setting?). - I have forgotten what this means.
* Healing additional effects show up if healing is set to true, though they probably shouldn't.
* Find out if there's any way to differentiate absorbing TP moves from TP moves that happen to heal you. - There isn't, afaik.
* Damage to Luopans may not be filtered properly?
* Blocks elemental balance messages when you change your moghouse furniture?
* Pet filter is still imperfect and it is unclear why.
* Multi-AE condensation does not work for status effects.
* Is multi-shadow condensation working?

Potentially fixed or unable to replicate:
* "{{player}} falls to the ground" gets doubled up
* Dispel TP moves on others/alliance/party/self
* Seigan+3E shows "Mob anticipates attack" sometimes still?

If you are having an issue that is not on the list, it is not a known issue and you should tell me about it.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2013-06-06 10:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any way that when I update it won't overwrite the filters I set? Seems like each time I go back through and have to reset them the way I like them. Also, I am at work so I can't check, is there a way to disable multi attacks showing the combined damage? Not sure why but I prefer to see each one individually. Overall small things, so if it isn't possible its fine. Love the addon!
 Odin.Lilaea
Server: Odin
user: Lilaea
By Odin.Lilaea 2013-06-06 10:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed that when a cleave attack misses the formatting changes a bit, e.g.
Quote:
AOE 0 → PlayerA
AOE 258 → PlayerB
Kalasutrax → PlayerC
AOE 0 → PlayerD
(It doesn't display here but there's also a double space between the enemy name and the arrow on the third line.)

Meanwhile, I'm still unable to see anyone missing regular hits with <melee>true</melee> and <misses>false</misses> for me/party/alliance.

As usual, thanks for all your excellent work~
 Phoenix.Thorbean
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-06-10 20:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Great addon! Loving it so far.

Had an error pop up tonight in SSR2, not sure if it's been said here already.
Fighting ramparts + fomor (possibly DRK's, but can't remember exactly) and hasting/curing at the time. Popped up 7 times, all on floor 3:

/addons/battlemod/event_action.lua:362: bad argument#1 to 'add_to_chat' (number expected, got string)
 Cerberus.Ustav
Server: Cerberus
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2013-06-10 20:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting this error

Lua error: C:/Program Files/Windower4//addons/libs/xml.lua:273: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'isempy'( a nil value)

{{ I dont' know how to do the other "/" D=}} everytime I /lua l battlemod
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-06-10 21:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

One other thing, i cant seem to filter anything monsters do.

in the monsters section:
<me> <!-- He's targeting you! -->
<melee>true</melee>
<ranged>true</ranged>
<damage>true</damage>
<healing>true</healing>
<misses>true</misses>
<readies>true</readies>
<casting>true</casting>
<all>true</all>
</me>

Even set like that, I get repeated miss messages/damage messages. Tried multiple variations but having no luck so far.
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-06-11 20:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Found the ability causing the error:
/addons/battlemod/event_action.lua:362: bad argument#1 to 'add_to_chat' (number expected, got string)

Pops up whenever Carnal Nightmare is used by Fomors.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-06-12 07:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, going to have to figure out why misses are not always misses.

The TP move is fixed. Someone PMed me that it also happened with Tenebrous Mist.
 Phoenix.Rizzspeed
user: Rizzspeed
By Phoenix.Rizzspeed 2013-06-13 01:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, quick question.

when you do dmg, there's a number in parentheses after the dmg number on occasion, what does this number represent?
i quickly scanned this thread and didn't see this discussed or else i missed it.

While doing hundred fists on the Volatile Matamata, i got a 128128 Crit with a [3] after it and it seems suspicious as we're not supposed to break the 99,999 dmg barrier. My dmg isn't matching up with my wife's log, she doesn't use battlemod. Our numbers are completely different.

I'm obviously missing something. I just have no clue what it is.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2013-06-13 01:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rizzspeed said: »
ok, quick question.

when you do dmg, there's a number in parentheses after the dmg number on occasion, what does this number represent?
i quickly scanned this thread and didn't see this discussed or else i missed it.

While doing hundred fists on the Volatile Matamata, i got a 128128 Crit with a [3] after it and it seems suspicious as we're not supposed to break the 99,999 dmg barrier. My dmg isn't matching up with my wife's log, she doesn't use battlemod. Our numbers are completely different.

I'm obviously missing something. I just have no clue what it is.

That's number of hits in the attack round I believe, and then the damage shown is the cumulative amount.

So say you landed 3 hits for 50 dmg a piece, it'd be 150 [3] after it.
 Phoenix.Rizzspeed
user: Rizzspeed
By Phoenix.Rizzspeed 2013-06-13 01:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i see.
Thank you for the explanation.

So i see in the settings that condense battle is set to true.
i'm assuming that setting it to false will change that so that i'll see every attack. That should clear up some things lol.
By duos 2013-06-14 17:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

Is there anyway to filter out "Unable to cast spell at this time" and "an error occurs" messages ?
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2013-06-14 18:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you load and unload the battlemod ingame so I can see some real time changes. //load //unload isn't working for it.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 13 14 15