First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-27 06:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry guys, some of these buffs are fixed in the new version, but I changed how AoE buffs/debuffs are handled so that I can display multiple results (Zirael provided an example of this problem). Now if you cast Madrigal and it doesn't affect one guy and affects three others, it'll give you two messages with the appropriate people.

The split-line naming problem is fixable, but it adds a little more stress to your computer. I guess I could do it. Basically I'd need to split every name/etc. on ' ' and then concat them with the proper color code.

I've also fixed quite a few other problems (including the drop problem described above), buuuut... I created some problems as well that I'm trying to solve before I push it live.

The accession cure and mobwscolor problems also seem to be fixed.
[+]
 Odin.Lilaea
Server: Odin
user: Lilaea
By Odin.Lilaea 2013-05-27 08:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got an update while relogging after a crash and now I'm seeing "No Abil line is not loading" for AoE effects on all but the first line of each. I did a clean restart afterwards but the problem still exists.
e.g. "[Lilaea] Curaga -> Lilaea
[Lilaea] 144 HP Curaga -> Lilaea
No Abil line is not loading"
(with one other person in range)

It also showed up for restorative VW temps, both AoE and single target.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-27 08:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I pushed it and then had to go out to breakfast before posting my update post. You need to add a <noabil></noabil> line to battlemod/data/settings.xml. It will make a settings file with this line automatically if you rename your settings.xml and do //bm reload.

Other than that, I fixed most of the problems mentioned in the last few posts. I am currently working on fixing the name-line-color-splitting problem outlined by Zirael, and that should be pushed before noon.

Battlemod to-do list:
Quote:
Additional Features:
* The "__damage" colors don't do anything, but have been left in the settings file for potential future uses.
* Somehow add a filter for monsters that you are currently fighting?
* Add a filter to change the color when debuffs vs. buffs wear off
* Filter for item usage
* Filter for "gains the effects of" messages
* Try and integrate SE's chat filters into this.
* Add past tense status effects to the resources somehow. - In progress
* Check whether I can determine if a monster is stunned or not following an attack (reaction parameter)
* Differentiate "good" and "bad" status effects.
* Combine damage from attack rounds into the same line
* Consider a filter specifically for enspells/sambas. - Condense enspells into damage.
* There is no filter for when a charmed player is attacking another player?
* Push "wears off" messages into a specific chat mode.

LuaCore or Hook related problems:
* Using //bm colortest and then expanding your chat log on small window size clients (640x480) can cause crashes? (Your guess is as good as mine, but this is a problem proportional to the number of color codes used)
* Many usable weapons do not show up due to next() corruption issues? -- work-around implemented (thanks Arcon!)

Battlemod problems:
* Condense settings don't really work when they're turned to false. (Consider reinstating the colorful setting?). - I have forgotten what this means.
* Healing additional effects show up if healing is set to true, though they probably shouldn't.
* Find out if there's any way to differentiate absorbing TP moves from TP moves that happen to heal you.
* Damage to Luopans may not be filtered properly?
* Blocks elemental balance messages when you change your moghouse furniture?
* Does not give the Hide failure message

Potentially fixed or unable to replicate:
* "{{player}} falls to the ground" gets doubled up
* Dispel TP moves on others/alliance/party/self
* Currently Seigan+3E shows "Mob anticipates attack"
 Odin.Lilaea
By Odin.Lilaea 2013-05-27 08:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fabulous.
Thanks so much for all your hard work, I can no longer handle playing without this add-on.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-27 09:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

No problem! I am also trying to work out the grammar now. Radec pushed a resources file with past-tense words in it (english only), so I'm trying to get battlemod to use those when appropriate.

Also, the naming color thing should be fixed.

Problems I've found:
* 3E no Seigan shows the monster anticipating (wtf?)
* Demoralizing Roar only appears to hit one player and gives error 191. I think I know what causes this but it's going to take a bit to fix. <--- In Testing
* can consolidate "effect disappears" message from Erasega if the effects are the same?
* I suspect the colors might be messed up sometimes on AoE moves that have different effects on different targets?
By Inea 2013-05-27 19:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! The item drop thing is all better now. Though now I'm suddenly getting an lua error every time minax bugard does heavy bellow O.o strange (but much easier to live with)
it says event_action.lua:191: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Hope that helps. And thanks again for all your hard work, this addon is a huge blessing!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-27 19:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that error should be fixed if you re-run the launcher and do //lua r battlemod. I accidentally mapped monster TP moves incorrectly, but I fixed it around noon.
By Ophannus 2013-05-27 21:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What is this "access violation in incomingchunk method" not sure if battlmod related but its automatically crashing all my plugins and all my add ons in delve.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-27 21:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Battlemod doesn't use event_incoming_chunk, so it isn't Battlemod. I am not sure which addons use that right now.
 Fenrir.Quedari
Server: Fenrir
user: Quedari
By Fenrir.Quedari 2013-05-28 00:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it just me or are buffs/debuffs all the same color now? Most buffs seem to be using red text (for me, that used to be debuffs on players or mobs) and debuffs seems to be using green text (used to be buffs on players or mobs). Dunno if those were your default colors, but that's what I had mine set to before I started using battlemod. It doesn't do it with every buff, like /ja are mostly still green, but pretty much all spells are now red whether they're buff or debuff. Just wondering if this was intentional; I just found it easier to determine good/bad at a glance when they were different colors. I bet you're getting tired of me posting/complaining, but I don't know if I could go back to plain old chat box after using this so long lol.
 Odin.Lilaea
By Odin.Lilaea 2013-05-28 02:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if the two are related or coincidental, but after encountering the lua error last night I started seeing weapon skill and magic damage from my entire alliance. Since the most recent fix, I'm still seeing everyone's damage despite having it filtered. I played around a bit and the only way I could seem to stop it was by toggling party/alliance all to true, which is even less preferable.

I can't help but feel like I'm missing something silly since no one else has mentioned it, but perhaps I'm just in the minority for rarely wanting to see people's damage in my combat log.

To clarify...
Code
        <party>
            <melee>true</melee>
            <ranged>true</ranged>
            <damage>true</damage>
            <healing>true</healing>
            <misses>true</misses>
            <readies>true</readies>
            <casting>true</casting>
            <all>false</all>
        </party>

I tried this for testing purposes and I can still see party members' WS readies & damage, magic casting & damage, and misses/resists. I can't see their regular hits at least.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-29 21:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Buffs and Debuffs were never different colors to my knowledge, but I've been considering adding that feature for a while, along with splitting them off into a chat tab.

I have no idea why the filters would not be working for you, but am at work and haven't had a change to leave town since your post. I'm on it, eventually!
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-05-29 21:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

only issue i have is for doom and gradual petrification. With this mod, that timer is permanently gone. Sadly due to that, its made it unusable for me. If someone can help me with this to enable it if at all possible, that would be awesome!.

Thanks
CP
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-29 22:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Doom should be restored already. I can re-verify it.

Do you know any common-ish monster that uses gradual petrification? I don't really want to farm a Kukulkan set. <,<;
 Ragnarok.Zirael
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2013-05-29 22:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Doom should be restored already. I can re-verify it.

Do you know any common-ish monster that uses gradual petrification? I don't really want to farm a Kukulkan set. <,<;
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Tutewehiwehi
Join a PUG and you'll have all the petrification you need =)
By Pikaryafish 2013-05-30 22:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I am getting this error: addons\battlemod\event_action.lua:20: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil), effecting when people and mobs receive effects(buffs, warp, etc)

This is new from today, but seems to be effecting no one else that I talk to!

Also, I seem to have an issue where my filters seem to reset to all false, can anyone point me in the right direction on what I'm doing wrong?

Leviathan.Lexiusa
Server: Leviathan
user: Lexiusa
By Leviathan.Lexiusa 2013-05-31 07:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Would just like to start by saying awesome job w/ Battlemod, ive been using it pretty much since you released it and never had a problem until the other day, the problem seems to be when there is some kind of aoe cure or buff I get a message saying "No Abil line is not loading" multiple times on different lines not sure if anyone else has had this problem.

I'll try and post a SS if it will help but not exactly sure how to do it lol.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-31 07:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That error occurs because I added a new setting to battlemod. There are two ways to fix it:
1) Re-name your Settings.xml file and reload battlemod, which will generate a new default settings file with a proper line for it that you can adjust.
2) Wait until later today when I push an update that stops forcing people to do this and just stores new default values in the proper lines.

As for line 20, I don't have any idea what could be going wrong but will be pushing an update that might fix it (fingers crossed?) later today.
By Ophannus 2013-05-31 07:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats this No Line Ability error thing I'm seeing?
 Leviathan.Lexiusa
By Leviathan.Lexiusa 2013-05-31 08:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah well that answers that then, I think I'll wait for your update rather than play around with things myself.
Thanks for responding and sending an update for all us simple people :)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-31 08:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, it's out.

Battlemod will now turn negative status effects blue and push "wears off" messages into the Say channel, so you can look back through your chat log for them more easily.
 Leviathan.Lexiusa
By Leviathan.Lexiusa 2013-05-31 08:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just downloaded your update and got message "\Desktop\Windower4\addons\battlemod\battlemod.lua:39:unexpected symbol near '<'"
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-31 08:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh goddamn it github. It'll be fixed in a few minutes.

Github failed to merge a branch with the main so I did it in a different way, but it left its markup from when it was trying to merge in the file. I just need to copy it back in and push it again.

Edit: It is done.
 Leviathan.Lexiusa
By Leviathan.Lexiusa 2013-05-31 08:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome just downloaded and all working again!
Thank you :D
 Fenrir.Jarrin
Server: Fenrir
user: Jarrin
By Fenrir.Jarrin 2013-06-01 22:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Love battlemod. One thing I noticed though is when I'm in a party or alliance, I am seeing all TP move damage to anyone in the alliance even though I have all damage filters set to "true".

This happened a couple days ago when I noticed the new "blue" debuff color. could it be related? never had this issue prior to that.

Thanks
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-06-02 06:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The filter, counter, anticipate, and gradual petrify bugs should be fixed.
 Odin.Lilaea
By Odin.Lilaea 2013-06-02 07:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks so much for the fixes!
By the way~ melee misses are included in the melee tag, right? Can you explain what the misses tag is for?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-06-02 07:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If you miss the monster, that's in <me><misses>.

If the monster misses you, that's in <monster><me><misses>.

I didn't have them filtered in the default WHM xml when I put it out, but I should have.
 Odin.Lilaea
By Odin.Lilaea 2013-06-02 07:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. When I was playing with the party filters just now, my mule's misses were being classed as party melee. So I went back through a few logs and each time the regular log showed a party member missing battlemod showed nothing.
To my knowledge I've always had party misses set to false but for some reason this potential filtering issue has only just occurred to me.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-06-02 09:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I will have to look in to that tonight when I get home! Thanks!
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15