Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 153 154 155 ... 188 189 190
By Autocast 2019-01-11 01:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone mind linking a BiS (or really good) lunge/swipe set if they happen to have one?
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-01-11 02:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
head={ name="Herculean Helm"
body={ name="Samnuha Coat"
hands={ name="Leyline Gloves"
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers"
feet={ name="Herculean Boots"
neck="Sanctity Necklace",
waist="Eschan Stone",
left_ear="Friomisi Earring",
right_ear="Hermetic Earring",
left_ring="Mujin Band",
right_ring="Locus Ring",
back={ name="Ogma's cape"

This is what i use for magic bursting, near perfect augs on Herc. I swap out rings with Stikini if i'm not magic bursting and need M.acc.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-01-11 09:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to add some alternate options to the set above, there's also Seething Bomblet +1, Eddy Necklace, Count's Garb, Hecate's Earring, Augury Cuisses, and Acumen Ring. And if you're really desperate for a second MAB ring, you can get MAB on Demon's Ring in Abyssea Tahrongi.
By Autocast 2019-01-11 10:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of magic acc needs, is it correct in assuming you just go maximum MAB in every slot? (other than obi/magic burst gear when applicable)
By geigei 2019-01-12 13:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Why turms harness +1 is not popular for tp sets? looks amazing for epeo am3.
By Nariont 2019-01-12 14:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres one listed just a page back.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-01-12 19:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »

I'm guessing it is because Ashera Harness exist.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-01-12 19:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Im guessing it is more because Lionheart exist.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-01-12 20:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elizabet said: »
geigei said: »

I'm guessing it is because - exist.

What now?
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-01-20 18:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Uploading a video of Rune Fencer soloing Omen Gin, with a twist... I timed out at 1% after getting kill almost all enemies for trash floors.

So this shows that Rune can solo Omen if you have slightly better luck than me...

Edit: I had to trim the video slightly as I was raging in linkshell just a little bit from being screwed by bad luck.

https://youtu.be/moKeBtOm6Tg
[+]
By trinironnie 2019-01-20 18:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a RUN Ashitacast profile?
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-01-21 08:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

trinironnie said: »
Anyone have a RUN Ashitacast profile?

If you haven't got one I can get you one this evening after work.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-01-21 08:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaleen75014 said: »
I use this as a guideline :
Your text to link here...

I suppose it's up to date ?

Not all sets are up to date atm.

Edit: some have been updated
By trinironnie 2019-01-21 09:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
ote | Reply  | Report | Score: 0 +

Thank you :)! but the lua on his pages are for gearswap, i gotta figure out a way to convert it for ashitacast
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-01-21 16:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you :)! but the lua on his pages are for gearswap, i gotta figure out a way to convert it for ashitacast

I have an xml, although I'm a *** and don't really share my work for the general public. However, I have no issues helping you with an xml if i'm able to.
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2019-01-30 09:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Noobie questions about spell interrupts here: do yall use those SIRD sets for stuff besides aquaveil?
Once aquaveil is up, do you still need SIRD gear in your casts for blue spells for example?
And does partial SIRD help at all once aquaveil is active, or is it 102 or bust always?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-01-30 09:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sird for aqauveil is a good idea, but there is no need to use it for any other spells. Once you learn to time your spells properly snd for every occasion it takes away the need for sird.

And i have found aquaveil to be 100% chance of spell interruption, i never get interrupted with it on. Only lasts q few hits though.
By Nariont 2019-01-30 09:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

generally used for aoe blue magic/maybe poisonga which will get interrupt off anything without SIRD and usually in those cases its enough mobs to wipe aquaveil after 1 or 2 casts, aquaveil only blocks a set amount of hits that would have interrupted you, think run can get up to 4 through use of embolden, otherwise 2 hits and its gone. And its 102 or bust really as even with say 80% or 90% SIRD all it takes is one interrupted hit and you wasted a cast
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-01-30 09:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I have my spells and sets set out for that reason. I use 0 sird gear on any spells and very rarely get interrupted. I use max dt for poisonga and 1 AoE blu spell. So if i slip up timing a spell the chances if me getting interrupted are slim. This works pulling the entire trash floor on Ou as well, so supertanking still doesn't interrupt the spells.
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2019-01-30 09:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Trumpet said: »
Noobie questions about spell interrupts here: do yall use those SIRD sets for stuff besides aquaveil?
Once aquaveil is up, do you still need SIRD gear in your casts for blue spells for example?
And does partial SIRD help at all once aquaveil is active, or is it 102 or bust always?

Think of Aquaveil as utsusemi. It gives you 2 "shadows" above 355 enhancing skill (+ equipment like regal gloves)

1 shadow is removed everytime something would interrupt your spell without aquaveil on.

So it's possible, if you have a lot of mobs hitting you, to still be interrupted. It's very unlikely though, if it's a fast spell to cast.
By Pantafernando 2019-01-30 09:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

While mass pulling aquaveil is of really low use imo. 2 situations i use SID sets, both when cleaving mobs in reisen for gain exp and dyna div mobs for collars augments.

For reisen, i normally sub /BLM to use low agas for fast pulling (could use diaga but the problem with diaga is that i normally do Entomb > tenebral but dia effect breaks petrify exposing the BLU). Aquaveil is totally useless in this situation.

For dyna div i use geist wall to tag enmity in all mobs before using a ja, and i do see some interrupts even in a set suposed to have 103 SID (though im not sure if my set was complete as i keep lending to mule my moonlight necklace).

Remembering magic skill is one of the factors that decides if a casting will be interrupted or no, so for spells used by skill levels of a sub its really cap or bust because you most likely will be interrupted.
 Asura.Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2019-01-30 10:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know that aquaveil was just like shadows, thanks! Somehow on whm I never ran into that... that's kind of embarrasing lol.

The main situations I was looking at are dyna d & omen (farm heavy runs where there will be lots of mobs and extremely suboptimal pt comps)

@Shiraj, I don't understand, how do you time things to not get interrupted with large pulls? I get timing to avoid 1-2 mobs, but when it's 5-10 (omen floor, accidental link in dyna) you still get by without SIRD?

I'm thinking of either setting it as a toggle in my lua or having a designated blue spell such as geist wall be cast in SIRD to establish enmity and use enmity sets for the rest. Which of those would be the smarter choice in yall's opinion?

Slightly related followup, do you need to use an aoe spell to establish enmity on dyna mobs after you pull a statue or do they share enmity with the statue?

Appreciate yalls help!!
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-01-30 11:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

When you've done enough pulls or have tanked enough mobs you just get a feel for mob attack patterns. So even when you mass pull like in Omen or Dynamis Divergence, timing your spell casts isn't particularly tough.

In a side nore: If you're mass pulling in Omen as /BLU, they'll hit for piddly squat and stoneskin among other buffs will help quite a bit in those circumstances.

RUN's greatest strength is in stacking buffs (& abilities) to the point physical attacks and damage become moot.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-01-30 11:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know that aquaveil was just like shadows, thanks! Somehow on whm I never ran into that... that's kind of embarrasing lol.

The main situations I was looking at are dyna d & omen (farm heavy runs where there will be lots of mobs and extremely suboptimal pt comps)

@Shiraj, I don't understand, how do you time things to not get interrupted with large pulls? I get timing to avoid 1-2 mobs, but when it's 5-10 (omen floor, accidental link in dyna) you still get by without SIRD?

I'm thinking of either setting it as a toggle in my lua or having a designated blue spell such as geist wall be cast in SIRD to establish enmity and use enmity sets for the rest. Which of those would be the smarter choice in yall's opinion?

Slightly related followup, do you need to use an aoe spell to establish enmity on dyna mobs after you pull a statue or do they share enmity with the statue?

Appreciate yalls help!!

I do this by timing spells very well, say i have roughly 30+ mobs on me from an Ou Trash floor i can quickly see a pattern instantly to when the mobs are hitting me, i then time it so the fewer amount are actually hitting me. And since i cast 2 spells (Poisonga and Sheep Song only) in a 75% pdt set, the few mobs that actually hit me hit for 0.

If for whatever reason i slightly misstime my spell I have Aquaveil to fall back on which stops any of my spells being interrupted.

It may be a little hard to understand at first, but once you attempt to practice supertanking while timing spells it is real easy.

and yes i get by all content in this game without any form of SiRD except from Aquaveil. It really isn't needed once you can time every spell.
 Asura.Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2019-01-30 11:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That's wild, in those circumstances I figured timing spells like that would be literally impossible. Awesome to hear. Granted, since I won't have 75 PDT for a while (imprims...), I think I'll make a toggle button just so I can have something to fall back on as I'm learning, but this gives me an idea of what to work on, thanks :D
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-01-30 11:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, without Epeo i wouldn't risk pulling more than 10 mobs. Even though it can be done, it's not worth the risk.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-30 13:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Spell interrupt gear costs you significant amounts of either DT or HP. It may be worth having it on a toggle, but I also do fine without it. It definitely isn't worth always using, there are times you'll wish you weren't dropping your HP/PDT every cast.

A trick for getting casts off on a big pull is to run a little past the last mobs, then abruptly turn around and run into them. They will all have their attack round ready since you had previously been out of range, and it'll mostly sync them up to the same attack time. Almost all mobs attack once every 4 seconds under normal conditions(haste buffs and slow debuffs will alter this).
[+]
By likard 2019-01-31 08:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if there is an addon lua for a toggle-able way to auto maintain runes? If not, can someone provide an example of what needs to be in gs to do it? Any help would be appreciated.
By Autocast 2019-01-31 09:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know how to do it personally but pretty sure this guys gearswap has an auto rune mode:

Selindrile Gearswaps
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-31 13:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this sounds preachy, but for tank jobs, and any jobs that rely heavily on varying levels/potencies of enhancing magic and different buffs you may or may not have active, (all of which scream RUN) GearSwap will absolutely beat the pants off of Ashitacast in terms of flexibility and optimization. It may be worth figuring out. (it's really not all that hard anyway).
First Page 2 3 ... 153 154 155 ... 188 189 190