Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 119 120 121 ... 188 189 190
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-06 13:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

With next Campaign going to have +1 drops for HTB wanted to ask

Anyone have any fun with HTB solo on Run on VD?
Which do you do? What trust and why? Any gear options you use specific for those fights? Basic strat for the fight?
By Scintila 2017-10-06 13:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
With next Campaign going to have +1 drops for HTB wanted to ask

Anyone have any fun with HTB solo on Run on VD?
Which do you do? What trust and why? Any gear options you use specific for those fights? Basic strat for the fight?

At curent prices triboxing is no longer good profit, one character never was. Not answering your question but, unless you wanna do it for fun there are better way to get gil.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-06 14:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree on that last point, but asking for those who cant/dont multi box and have no other options either due to playtime or just lack of group activity. I know dyna and salvage and even Ambu are more profitable and time effective but Limiting ones self to those alone is not fun. I was doing D Leviathan with trust just for fun, so I know I can do VD on all avatar fights.

so again I ask what others have to offer.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-10-06 14:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to do Levy VD solo when the stones' prices were still good.

Trusts: Healer, Qultada, BRD, Koru-Moru and Shantotto 2. RUN/DRK with Lionheart. Enter, pull trusts, cast Refresh, Phalanx (both to avoid Koru casting them before Haste 2), Barwater, triple Sulpor + Valiance and (Embolden) Temper. Run to Levy and proc it blue with Weapon Bash. Shantotto will proc it yellow with some spell and you do red with Resolution when you get enough TP. Use Battuta, Swordplay and Last Resort and just spam Reso until it is dead. The only danger is Spinning Dive which can one shot you, even with Batutta up if you're unlucky. Change to your PDT- set quickly. If he's still alive to use Tidal Wave, repeat the proc routine, changing Weapon Bash for Swipe.

Total win time between 3 and 3:30 minutes. Enough to get your JAs back before the next fight.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-10-06 15:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you still outrun grand fall or just switch to dt gear and water resistance off runes/ja/barspell make it a joke?
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-10-06 15:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing, Valiance and the trusts' cures are enough. I fight in full TP set and the only time I need to change to DT- gear is when I see Spinning Dive incoming like I said before. However, AoEs can be dangerous to trusts (Waterja in special) so I position myself on the other side of Levy and 5 yalms away from him. This way anything will only hit me (unless the trust healer starts running like a headless chicken...)
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-06 16:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

kk ty, Ive been having fun as of the last month on Run/drk Its so much fun like first time I did blu cleave with floe.
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-10-23 08:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

"Futhark Bandeau +1"

Equipped as Battuta is active
or
on use and then swap out afterward?

also would you rather use while Battuta is up and active the following armor?

"Rawhide Trousers"
"Futhark Boots +1"

for Tactical Parry

OR

"Eri. Leg Guards +1"
"Turms Leggings"

for Inquartata

Thank you for the information guys ^^/
 Asura.Lokimaru
Server: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2017-10-23 09:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I am almost certain Futhark needs to be on while Battuta is active.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-23 09:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think we've ever seen any evidence that Futhark has to remain equipped to impart it's effect on Battuta. But well, feel free to test.

As for Battuta gear, depends on your goal. Defensively, I'd aim for inquatarta gear. But if Battuta is being used mainly as a way to get TP, well. the tactical parry gear should be more effective for that during Battuta. Those two pieces almost double the TP gained per parry. 40 base at Tactical parry III, +35 = 75 TP per parry.

I'd tend to say have both types of gear and make a toggle for what you want to use.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-10-23 09:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

To my knowledge, Futhark Bandeau only increases Battuta's counter damage. If it's true, don't bother. What I know for sure it doesn't increase its duration.

About Tactical Parry/Inquartata, 99% of the time you'll want a better parry rate so go with Inquartata gear even without Battuta. Tactical Parry only increases TP gain, that means it's only desirable if you're DDing and tanking at same time. Very fun, but not that useful.
[+]
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-10-23 11:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »
To my knowledge, Futhark Bandeau only increases Battuta's counter damage. If it's true, don't bother. What I know for sure it doesn't increase its duration.

About Tactical Parry/Inquartata, 99% of the time you'll want a better parry rate so go with Inquartata gear even without Battuta. Tactical Parry only increases TP gain, that means it's only desirable if you're DDing and tanking at same time. Very fun, but not that useful.
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I don't think we've ever seen any evidence that Futhark has to remain equipped to impart it's effect on Battuta. But well, feel free to test.

As for Battuta gear, depends on your goal. Defensively, I'd aim for inquatarta gear. But if Battuta is being used mainly as a way to get TP, well. the tactical parry gear should be more effective for that during Battuta. Those two pieces almost double the TP gained per parry. 40 base at Tactical parry III, +35 = 75 TP per parry.

I'd tend to say have both types of gear and make a toggle for what you want to use.
Asura.Lokimaru said: »
I am almost certain Futhark needs to be on while Battuta is active.
Sweet

ty for the info
By geigei 2017-11-04 05:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having issues with precast hp drop, my tank set haz 2600hp and precast about the same, thing is when i start casting hp from gear don't get instantly counted so i drop to about 2300 even tho i have 300more.
Any way to fix this on ashita?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-11-04 05:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I was all ready to make a post on gearswap priority.... and then you said Ashita. Sorry, someone else is gonna have to help you there. :/

Also, It's not that the gear's HP isn't counted fast enough. It's that no matter what program you use to swap gear, the game still counts pieces and being equipped one at a time. And the order pieces of a set are equipped in matters.

Even if the total set HP is the same, if you swap from a head with 80 HP to a head with 20, you lose HP. So you have to adjust the equip order to swap slots where there's a gain in HP first, then swap the pieces where there's a loss later.

But yeah, sorry. Dunno how that's done on Ashita.
By geigei 2017-11-04 06:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed, can add priorities just like on gearswap.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-11-06 17:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey team RUN. I haven't played much of the job this year, but I'm looking at what to do for my next big project and wondering how much love you have for Epeolatry as of late 2017.

I'm looking at Epeo as one possibility for my next RME weapon, versus making a second toy for a job that already has one RMEA, or maybe a Masa for my non-RMEA SAM... HP Bayld prices are a lot more reasonable these days for Ergon than they once were, I have the coalitions done, and I don't have any RMEA for RUN. Plus, I've made a Relic, Empy, and normal Mythic... but never an Ergon, so I'd have that little satisfaction of saying I've done one of all of them ;)

That being said, is Epeo still worth it to you in today's game? How much use are you getting out of it now, particularly with Aettir still being better for some tanking applications due to the MEva? Also relevant that for tanking predominantly physical damage stuff, I already have a near perfect PUP tank that generally does that very well (assuming a single NM, though for a supertanking style, PLD prob beats RUN the vast majority of the time anyway, and we have a few solid LS PLDs).

Right now I generally rock an Aettir for tanking and have a pretty well augmented Zulfiqar if I want to go more DD-oriented. Have most all the other relevant gear, other than not having spent any time upgrading RUN AF+2/+3 yet. Already have full 119 reforged AF/Relic/Empy sets, NQ Turms set, JSE capes, all relevant DD gear (I mostly specialize in "light DD" jobs, so have good Herculean gear, NQ Adhemar, full Meghanada+2 and Ayanmo+1 sets), almost all relevant accessories.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-11-06 18:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Epeo might not be completely necessary to straight up tank things these days, but for any situation where you can hybrid tank/DD, it's indispensable. If you're getting melee buffs, you can basically ride AM3 in high STP set and spam Reso/Dimi for 30k+ while still taking relatively little damage. Keeping hate off high end DD's is much easier if you're doing a lot of damage yourself.

I was kind of hesitant to AG Epeo initially, but it's definitely the gsword that I get the most usage out of.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-06 18:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I had considerable doubts about Epeo, but was talked into making one. It really is worth it.
For example, there isn't a better weapon for kiting physical mobs around Ambuscade. lolAmbuscade, I know, but if it makes the money-making easier, it pays for itself rather quickly.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gerrott
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2017-11-06 19:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

AG Epeo is definitely a great tool to have, nothing beats it for a kite fight or holding massive amounts of monsters. Great for doing whole floors of Omen at once or various Ambuscades with lots of adds, but for really any Omen Boss or Reisen NM I use Lionheart (No defensive stats) and still get by in hybrid/DD gear. So Epeo definitely isn't necessary to survive, but nothing beats it for its purpose. Highly doubt you could make one and be disappointed with the decision.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-11-06 20:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I love it just because of how fun it is to watch myself swing this huge thing non stop with AM3 up lol. Also self skillchains doing that are fun
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-11-08 01:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone, I went ahead and committed to it and will get my Epeo before long! Excited for it.

I'm not exactly convinced by the kiting use case for situations like Ambuscade where that's basically all you would be doing. Even if it's the best RUN weapon option for that role, I'd probably tend to go with a PLD over RUN anyway for that situation. I can understand something like a RUN kiting/holding for a portion of an event though, like gathering mobs on Omen floors but shifting to more of a traditional 1-on-1 tank role on the boss (and hey, that sounds like a thing that might happen in new Dynamis...)

The hybrid tank/DD use seems a lot more practical to me though (with Aettir sticking around for when you really want to turtle up to tank a more Meva-oriented fight). Plus, I've always thought the weapon just looks amazing and kinda wanted one ever since it was released.

Anyway, appreciate everyone's comments!
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-11-09 14:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I'm not exactly convinced by the kiting use case for situations like Ambuscade where that's basically all you would be doing. Even if it's the best RUN weapon option for that role, I'd probably tend to go with a PLD over RUN anyway for that situation.

You'll change your tune when you get the Epeo ^^
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-11-09 15:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I'm not exactly convinced by the kiting use case for situations like Ambuscade where that's basically all you would be doing. Even if it's the best RUN weapon option for that role, I'd probably tend to go with a PLD over RUN anyway for that situation.

You'll change your tune when you get the Epeo ^^

Hahaha I hope so :) I mean, it'll still prob be *my* best kiting job for most situations (no PLD here), so I'll get some use out of it anyway when my PLD friends aren't around, even if maybe there's an argument that a PLD would be better for that specific purpose a lot of the time.

Moving fast too - thanks to Ambuscade month end material availability, I was able to snag all of the HPB I needed already. Got the 119 non-AG Epeolatry done! Will finish up the Beits soon to complete it, then grind away during CP campaign this month to fix my lacking JP situation, and I should be good to go pretty soon...

Also picked up a Raetic Algol yesterday, so I have another new toy for DD-leaning zerg situations. Nice to be back to RUN, it has been too long since I took the job seriously. Guess I gotta add Lionheart to the list now for maximum RUN ;)
 Asura.Ariant
user: Ariant
By Asura.Ariant 2017-11-11 17:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm coming back for Vana'diel Day and noticed the H-P Bayld prices have crashed. I can either spend ~70m to get a relic or ~130m to get Epeo... seems like it's within my grasp now. Seeing as I haven't played seriously since around the time Escha/Reisenjima came out, are there any super noteworthy pieces of gear I should pick up for RUN? Just fully augmented my Aettir.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-11-11 18:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Also with campaign going on WKR, Price will drop to 5k soon enough just hold out and cherry pick the bayld you want
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-11-18 22:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Reposting from BG.
Martel said:
This may have possibly already been known, but I didn't see anything on the embolden page about it, so I'm posting.

Was messing with my Embolden Phalanx set, debating between more potency and higher duration, and got a urge to test it to see if I was actually getting the calculated potency.

Turns out I wasn't.

I thought I'd have a -86 embolden'd Phalanx. 34 base+17 in gear= 51. then *1.7 for master RUN embolden. 86.7, floored to 86.

Cept it turns out it doesn't work like that. Tested on 1k needles and I had a -74 dmg phalanx.

Embolden's enhancement applies to the base buff. before stuff like Phalanx+ gear.

So it's (34*1.7)+17=74.

This also applies to Stoneskin,(705 rather than 782) and Protect(sheltered effect is just added on the end.) Also happens with protectra V, but the numbers get a little screwy and don't quite match up. not sure why. something to do with the merits I guess. But it's still clear it's not applying to the full value.

TLDR:Embolden's enhancement applies before "Buff"+ gear like Phalanx+ or Stoneskin+
[+]
By monkey33333333 2017-11-19 17:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

can someone show me the best reso set in the game atm plz and ty ^^
 Asura.Zanosan
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2017-11-19 19:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 354495

Something like this
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-11-20 07:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd think a set w/ more of a balance between STR, Att, Acc and multi-attack would serve you better, given the nature of the WS.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 119 120 121 ... 188 189 190