iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 298 299 300 ... 363 364 365
 Seraph.Ryman
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: ryman
By Seraph.Ryman 2019-11-04 10:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a newer monk lua they can share.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-11-04 11:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
So.... is mnk still the glue eater of job classes, or did nin finally graduate to worst class?

I don’t know about NIN being worst class is all about so not gonna comment on that. But MNK is definitely strong again. I haven’t had any opportunities to test it’s performance against WARs or anything but I can’t see any glaring weaknesses while playing it either.

I will say I’m disappointed that the sweet spot for WSs is so high up BUT MNK is undisputed in Melee Damage other than very specific exceptions so it’s still good.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-11-04 11:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't say nin is terrible, but it definitely feels weak af compared to my other melee jobs. I mean it has it's advantages in some fights, but it's pretty bad dps wise.

Monk on the other hand is pretty damn strong now. I've been taking it to Dynamis Divergence to finish my +2 neck and it's been a lot of fun. Definitely not the glue eater in the family.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-11-04 11:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

nin thread?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-04 11:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you guys always Fall for Frod’s trolling. Every time.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-11-04 15:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The trolling looked like tasty, delicious glue.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2019-11-04 17:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Why do you guys always Fall for Frod’s trolling. Every time.

I hadn't noticed, I blocked him ages ago for shitting up some other job guide thread.
 Phoenix.Jakarai
Server: Phoenix
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2019-11-07 15:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I haven't checked this or anything yet, but interesting thing. I think shijin even with karambit is always better than asuran with the change

i think howling fist are to ..
By Homsar 2019-11-08 15:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

STR or DEX for a WSD Segomo's?
By oyama 2019-11-08 16:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Only WS that really benefits from a lot of DEX is Shijin, which you shouldn't be using WSD for, so STR.
By Homsar 2019-11-08 18:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So for WS(VS in particular), I'm looking at WSD, STR, ACC/ATK?
By ryukin182 2019-11-08 18:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

victory smite crit hit rate +10 str acc/atk
By Aerix 2019-11-08 18:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The only WS that still uses a WSD cape at this point is Final Heaven.
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-09 16:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So for a regular TP set, not high acc or anything, also no impetus set, which piece would win for a TP set?

AF feet +3 or Herc feet?
My herc feet are augmented as follows:
Code
	feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Attack+5','Crit.hit rate+1','Quadruple Attack +3','Accuracy+10 Attack+10',}

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-09 17:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
What is the acc in the set with them equipped? That's the simple question?

Same as most low acc tp sets. Roughly 1190 without food.

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2019-11-09 17:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

last i recall, assuming no footwork it was a bit of a wash with the ma boots edging out ahead slightly, with FW the kick boots were the better way to go due to the white dmg increase
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-10 00:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So people from my linkshells probably sick of hearing this lol, but I'm happy.

Since trust campaign was active, I decided to try solo Kyou in Omen. Using a weird, finiky strategy in order to survive Bravado. I managed to take Kyou to 25% before taking a Bravado to the face while cursed.
I want to try beat this to get a video, but it's luck based a bit depending if curse is used before Bravado.

My strat was this:
Yoran, Selh'teus, Koru, Ulmia, Joachim in that order.

I sat in an impetus set when it was up, used Counterstance to avoid the aids from melee attacks. No threat was from melee damage tbh.

I kept a regular 3 step skillchain up: Shijin -> Victory -> Victory. Even when impetus was down, same skillchain. It was more damage than using Footwork/Tornado and Howling.

When it came to surviving Bravado I kept Kyou at 1% above his Bravado interval, 76%, 51%, etc... Then when he was mid tp/spell animation, I took him down with a WS and then instantly disengaged.
Disengaging made all trusts gather together and the conal move actually hits all trusts and we all survive it.

This has been my most successful Kyou solo attempt ever, so gonna try a few more while trust campaign is active. I do believe this is only possible during this trust campaign however.
[+]
By Mrgrim 2019-11-10 04:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
So people from my linkshells probably sick of hearing this lol, but I'm happy.

Since trust campaign was active, I decided to try solo Kyou in Omen. Using a weird, finiky strategy in order to survive Bravado. I managed to take Kyou to 25% before taking a Bravado to the face while cursed.
I want to try beat this to get a video, but it's luck based a bit depending if curse is used before Bravado.

My strat was this:
Yoran, Selh'teus, Koru, Ulmia, Joachim in that order.

I sat in an impetus set when it was up, used Counterstance to avoid the aids from melee attacks. No threat was from melee damage tbh.

I kept a regular 3 step skillchain up: Shijin -> Victory -> Victory. Even when impetus was down, same skillchain. It was more damage than using Footwork/Tornado and Howling.

When it came to surviving Bravado I kept Kyou at 1% above his Bravado interval, 76%, 51%, etc... Then when he was mid tp/spell animation, I took him down with a WS and then instantly disengaged.
Disengaging made all trusts gather together and the conal move actually hits all trusts and we all survive it.

This has been my most successful Kyou solo attempt ever, so gonna try a few more while trust campaign is active. I do believe this is only possible during this trust campaign however.

Good stuff man, the only thing that worries me when it comes to trust Survival is past 25% mark when he starts using meteor, i'm sure trusts get slapped by meteor compared to real players from what I remember when I fought Kyou with my 4 man crew. I'm sure you can pull it off, in fact it sounds like an interesting challenge lol.
Edit: Unless trusts get some defensive bonuses during campaign then I'm sure it can be pulled off.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-10 04:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
If you're using gearswap you could do the WS disengaged and probably get a better margin of error on the trusts gathering quickly too.

I try avoid that tbh.
I always get sick of people making excuses for saying you're using gearswap, do it on equipsets.

So I do it like this. Saves the white knights complaining.
When solo Anchor doesn't mean anything except holding W so it doesn't matter.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-10 05:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

When playing with real people the angle of the cone is extremely tight. I am suprised all trusts get into that quick enough.

I am still curious if you can run away from it with flee hacking too. Not something I am going to try but curious if it possible.

The angle of the cone isn't as tight as people think tbh. It's smaller than most conals, but not by much.

I have actually tried PoS hacking it to test it, but I probably messed up cos I still died. I definitely wouldn't count PoS hacking a Kyou a solo cos I would get ***for it lol, but I was also curious so I tried.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-11-10 10:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

When playing with real people the angle of the cone is extremely tight.

I think this is because person with hate is too close to Kyou and then every inch to right or left moves cone side lines a lot. Tank should probably stay at max melee range. Also cone getting much wider further from Kyou and some people run in as close to Kyou as possible like they are worried its 2 yalms range while its 30(?). If he(Shiraj) was fighting with trusts behind him, then they would probably group better than players :P

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-11 01:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Kyou's special move is not conal at all but it's a straight line in front of him.
Quite unique? Can't remember any other NM with a conic frontal AoE that's not a "cone" shape at all.

Post deleted by User.
By Butcherb0y 2019-11-11 10:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So looking at counter. Using all the sets we have such as body/legs/feet and including spharai we can push well above the 80% counter cap but sadly that's not the case. But since it's easy to hit that cap with just those piece mention, will it be viable to actually counter the defense down 50?
First Page 2 3 ... 298 299 300 ... 363 364 365