2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 293 294 295 ... 363 364 365
By SimonSes 2019-10-29 13:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
changes made to smite and shijin, @simon would love to see your sets for raging/howling/tk to see the difference, thanks.

The problem is its really hard to make "best" sets. Different pieces win under different buffs and vs different target (ddex capped or not for example).

For RF I would probably go with some balanced setup like this:
Knobkierrie
Hesychast +3 (head)
Monk's +2 (Aug)
Sherida
Moonshade AccTP
Adhemar +1 B (body)
Adhemar +1 B (hands)
Niqmaddu
Gere Ring
Segomo (STR+ DA)
Moonbow +1
Hesychast +3 (legs)
Kendatsuba +1 (feet) (Herc feet with 4%TA/10STR/20acc/20att if you are lucky enough)

Probably something like this for Howling (more multiattack over WSD actually shows slightly higher damage in sheet, but imo its ok to have some WSD for balance here, when avg damage doesnt drop much):
Knobkierrie
Hesychast +3
Monk's +2 (Aug)
Sherida
Moonshade AccTP
Kendatsuba +1
Herculean (4%TA,10STR,20acc/att)
Niqmaddu
Gere Ring
Segomo (STR+ WSD)
Moonbow +1
Kendatsuba +1

For Vsmite I would try to get Herculean feet with 5%crit damage, 10 str and accuracy and I would use Kendatsuba +1 before I get those and I would use Kendatsuba for everything that you think you have 0 dDEX (anything above 350 agi, so all Dyna D mobs probably?).

TK set is the same as Howling but with AF+3 feet.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-29 13:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Isn't the purpose of hybrid to be a healthy mixture of attack and defensiveness? Hence "hybrid" lol That's exactly what Ashera does. I'd prefer the decent amount of magic evasion+attack+larger HP over full Mali which seems to be full blown defense, not hybrid.

I prefer to have more meva and resist more amnesia, stun, blind etc. which all of them would drop my DPS far more than 0.9% offensive advantage of Ashera when attack isnt capped (it has no offensive advantage when attack capped, its actually offensively behind then).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-29 13:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Its such a small difference between the two that it hardly matters. They both fit nicely in a hybrid set, and depending on if you're going for a small bit of offense or defense, you choose accordingly. I only took exception to the commentary because Ashera is clearly more well rounded than a resist paralyze nostalgia/piece that it was credited as. You're splitting hairs at this point trying to debate which one is "better", but in a hybrid set, it definitely competes with Malignance body to some extent. Again, you can just include both in the set and comment in the notes about the rarity/def/off prioritization.
 Asura.Pusheen
Server: Asura
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-29 13:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
changes made to smite and shijin, @simon would love to see your sets for raging/howling/tk to see the difference, thanks.

The problem is its really hard to make "best" sets. Different pieces win under different buffs and vs different target (ddex capped or not for example).

For RF I would probably go with some balanced setup like this:
Knobkierrie
Hesychast +3 (head)
Monk's +2 (Aug)
Sherida
Moonshade AccTP
Adhemar +1 B (body)
Adhemar +1 B (hands)
Niqmaddu
Gere Ring
Segomo (STR+ DA)
Moonbow +1
Hesychast +3 (legs)
Kendatsuba +1 (feet) (Herc feet with 4%TA/10STR/20acc/20att if you are lucky enough)

Probably something like this for Howling (more multiattack over WSD actually shows slightly higher damage in sheet, but imo its ok to have some WSD for balance here, when avg damage doesnt drop much):
Knobkierrie
Hesychast +3
Monk's +2 (Aug)
Sherida
Moonshade AccTP
Kendatsuba +1
Niqmaddu
Gere Ring
Segomo (STR+ WSD)
Moonbow +1
Kendatsuba +1

For Vsmite I would try to get Herculean feet with 5%crit damage, 10 str and accuracy and I would use Kendatsuba +1 before I get those and I would use Kendatsuba for everything that you think you have 0 dDEX (anything above 350 agi, so all Dyna D mobs probably?).

TK set is the same as Howling but with AF+3 feet.

The problem I am having with VS is the same old balance between crit% crit dmg% and MA. I thought AF+3 body was awesome for VS, but every set I see is kendatsuba. In fact, it seems that kendatauba is taking over most sets, and if that is the case that is fine but it seems more to me like I'm lazy and this is easy to get.

Second problem is I am lazy as *** and I don't sheet dps anymore and just ask around lol so yeah, idk anymore (at least for mnk)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-29 13:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Kend vs AF is not Crit vs Crit damage

It's Multiattack AND Crit vs Crit damage

Multiattack is now the king of everything (except bhikku body, cause that shits just broken lol)

it's not quite this simple, but with carried fTP on a 4 hit ws, every extra hit is 25% more damage, easy to see why Xa is the "gold standard" on paper.
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-29 13:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
No one is BiS at all times, this is FFXI. Situations change, with them changes so do gear optimisations. Unless you spend hours preparing for every situation ahead then sure lol.

What most min/max players are looking for is the "best" base set on which to build all other sets from. Most people (making a pretty massive assumption here) involved in these types of discussions are adjusting their sets with in game toggles for various conditions, but you want to know where to start and make adjustments from there based on target/support. Spreadsheet scenarios dont exist in game even rarely if at all, but you need context in which to make your adjustments and the spreadsheet information gives you a place to adjust from.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-29 13:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pusheen said: »
No one is BiS at all times, this is FFXI. Situations change, with them changes so do gear optimisations. Unless you spend hours preparing for every situation ahead then sure lol.

What most min/max players are looking for is the "best" base set on which to build all other sets from. Most people (making a pretty massive assumption here) involved in these types of discussions are adjusting their sets with in game toggles for various conditions, but you want to know where to start and make adjustments from there based on target/support. Spreadsheet scenarios dont exist in game even rarely if at all, but you need context in which to make your adjustments and the spreadsheet information gives you a place to adjust from.

Makes sense definitely, but a very large number of players always assume they have the perfect situation every time, then wonder why their damage sucks or something is as it was meant to be.
[+]
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-29 13:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Kend vs AF is not Crit vs Crit damage

It's Multiattack AND Crit vs Crit damage

Multiattack is now the king of everything (except bhikku body, cause that shits just broken lol)

it's not quite this simple, but with carried fTP on a 4 hit was, every extra hit is 25% more damage, easy to see why Xa is the "gold standard" on paper.

I think your making an unwarranted assumption here in suggesting I said anything about which piece has what? I'm simply saying its difficult to know what stat has what kind of weight all the time and that's why I was uncertain as to which is best for general output of dps.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-29 14:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

cut
Not that my opinion has any sort of relevance but I pretty much agree with almost everything you put in those sets.
Pretty similar to my sets, or well let's say my goal sets, since I miss a couple of things still.

Only thing I want to point out though is about the +2 neck.
Leaving aside the DEX+15 (which is at least a secondary mod for Raging, not for Howling though) I want to discuss about the PDL+10 on it.

For you to (fully) make use of that 10% PDL you don't "just" need to be slightly above the attack cap.
You need to be ~40% above the cap, unless I'm reading some numbers wrong? I'd love someone to correct me if that's the case.

I think MNK has 30% PDL through traits, before the PDL on the neck even kicks in, you need to "fill up" 30% above the att cap from traits, then and only then you can add an additional 10% and you'll be able to fully benefit from the neck. Anything between ~30,1% and ~40% basically, no?
That's not simply "a bit above att cap", it's A LOT above att cap I'd dare say.

Edit:
Actually the number is probably a bit lower than the % I posted because I forgot about Smite? Which multiplies any static amount of att you receive. Honor March, Minuets, Food etc.
Uhm... I wonder if Smite is additive or multiplicative with other buffs that multiply your attack by a %? Like Chaos Roll, Fury, Berserk etc.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-29 14:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Point of what I was trying to say before, but I'd love more input, is that for WS where you get no benefit from the +15 DEX (Shijin Spiral mainly, Raging Fists secondarily) I'm not sure the Neck is a nice option for "realistic situations".
You really need a whoooooole load of att, a shitton, I can see it viable only on mid/weak targets where you still buff for att or on some quick fights where you get Bolster Frailty/Fury, SV Minuets, Chaos Roll, Berserk etc.

Which isn't exactely something you get 100% of the time, right?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-29 14:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you believe this ***people say, they have unlocked the ability to use bolster 24/7 and perfect 11 rostam rolls, with absolutely 0.0 second downtime, so

"IF" you are "attack capped" you're "exceedingly" over cap. You're talking mob has 100 defense and player has 10k attack, as a standard. There really is no middle ground, you're either way over the cap, or you're under. Not very much of the "just barely" over cap, or "kinda over" the cap.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-29 14:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I think MNK has 30% PDL through traits, before the PDL on the neck even kicks in, you need to "fill up" 30% above the att cap from traits, then and only then you can add an additional 10% and you'll be able to fully benefit from the neck. Anything between ~30,1% and ~40% basically, no?

No. Trait PDL is +0.1 pdif each tier, so for monk it's +0.3 on top of old 3.5

Neck is +10%.

4.18 total over old 3.5

Point of what I was trying to say before, but I'd love more input, is that for WS where you get no benefit from the +15 DEX (Shijin Spiral mainly, Raging Fists secondarily) I'm not sure the Neck is a nice option for "realistic situations".
You really need a whoooooole load of att, a shitton, I can see it viable only on mid/weak targets where you still buff for att or on some quick fights where you get Bolster Frailty/Fury, SV Minuets, Chaos Roll, Berserk etc.

Which isn't exactely something you get 100% of the time, right?

Right, but there is more to it.
+2 neck is +30 accuracy more than Gorget, which is very significant for me for Vsmite, because Vsmite actually has kinda low accuracy in perfect set. +15DEX is also what can push your dDEX significantly because without neck you are at around 335DEX and there is a lot of mobs in end game with AGI in 250-350 range. Same reason why +3 relic legs can pull ahead over other options for Vsmite on high end game content (they have +21DEX, while most legs has none and Kenda has +5).

Shijin has 100%DEx mod like you mentioned.
Raging has only 30% DEX mod, but it will be used at TP thresholds when fTP will be around 3.0, making Gorget only a +3.3% damage in which case I'm just lazy and I won't make separate option for capped and uncapped attack for RF when +15DEX is probably like 1% behind gorget when attack uncapped.
Howling Fist has 50% attack bonus, so it should almost always be attack capped.
Tornado Kick is used during Footwork, Footwork makes +Kick Damage works for WS, so +2 neck is by miles bis even without PDL.
[+]
By eeternal 2019-10-29 14:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

open to any suggestions to fix sets if people have issue with them, just let me know please.
i admit to not knowing the best sets for some ws like howling, etc.
just trying to put everything in one place for people rather than claiming they are definitely bis at this point.

I think Ken or Adhe hands/head is BiS for HF/TK
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-29 14:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

No. Trait PDL is +0.1 pdif each tier, so for monk it's +0.3 on top of old 3.5

Neck is +10%.

4.18 total over old 3.5
Allright, read that 0.1 as 10%, my mistake.
So the numbers are largely below the ~40% I talked about, I guess.

How much would that + 0.3 convert to in terms of %, if you wanted to express it that way? I know it's not, it's just for the sake of making an example to compare traits to PDL, even if one is a static value and the other is a %.
I think it should be something like ~9%?

I know this is probably wrong but I'm just trying to make an approximation for the sake of a comparison.
By SimonSes 2019-10-29 14:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it should be something like ~9%?

It's 8.5%
Read my EDIT with answer to your post tho :)
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-10-29 15:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s nice to be able to have discussions like this again.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2019-10-30 00:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Spharai has been a.... less desirable endgame weapon for a while now. with the changes to Weaponskills and such, are they just totally DOA at this point?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 00:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Same spot they've always been.

It does look like a whole relic overhaul though, if you read what isn't there, anything could happen if/when that happens

Yoji_Fujito;620783 said:
Weapon Skills tied to relic weapons need to be adjusted so that they are in line with other relic weapon’s Weapon Skills. For this reason, we did not make any adjustment to Final Heaven.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-30 07:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

in all seriousness, spharai still have a place when soloing or maximizing counter builds, they just won't win you any parses in group content. worth making? if you're a big mnk fan sure they're nice to have, but if you're only making 1 weapon skip em

I completely agree, which is why my first MNK REMA was Spharai. I solo/duo alot and i am very happpy so far with it. I also have Karambit and I will use both while I am making Vere.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-30 08:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

they look the coolest? wait no that's glanzfast. all the other h2h are ridiculous to actually fight with.

in all seriousness, spharai still have a place when soloing or maximizing counter builds, they just won't win you any parses in group content. worth making? if you're a big mnk fan sure they're nice to have, but if you're only making 1 weapon skip em

Nah nah my guy. Aphelion knuckles look the coolest. All other h2h look like doo doo compared to it. Now that Comeatmebro released that strategy there is no reason anyone can't have the greatest lockstyle in game.
By SimonSes 2019-10-30 08:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that Comeatmebro released that strategy there is no reason anyone can't have the greatest lockstyle in game.

Exactly the reason why Glanz lockstyle will be even more cool, because it will be more rare on top of its awesome look :P
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-30 08:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Touché my guy lol
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-30 08:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fakenews
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-30 09:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Spharai is the most complete "Monk" weapon as it gives a balance to all of it's useful stats. So I wouldn't discourage people from making one in the long run as they are eventually upgrading relic WS at some point. I too made one first before pursuing other weapons, and it served me well for the time being. This was before Karambit though, so most people can skip it completely and go straight to Godhands, since obtaining that is probably quicker anyways.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-30 12:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a set I plan to play around with this weekend. But I'd love to know from other glanz players who might have a full Mali set and glanz what their thoughts are for am3 and Mali?

This is a set I plan to play with this weekend since I dont have full mali gear. Maybe can see what others think. What I could replace or try differently.

ItemSet 369053

Currently this would be 74STP. I couldn't really find anything of value for feet. Wish I had Mali.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2019-10-30 13:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a set I plan to play around with this weekend. But I'd love to know from other glanz players who might have a full Mali set and glanz what their thoughts are for am3 and Mali?

This is a set I plan to play with this weekend since I dont have full mali gear. Maybe can see what others think. What I could replace or try differently.

ItemSet 369053

Currently this would be 74STP. I couldn't really find anything of value for feet. Wish I had Mali.

Why ryuo head over mali head? Getting about the same STP with Mali with a lot more survivability. Leg wise I was planning on using Samnuha or Mali.
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-30 13:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 369053

What is the STP goal to make Gland AM3 viable? I know for DNC its ~80
First Page 2 3 ... 293 294 295 ... 363 364 365