New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 292 293 294 ... 363 364 365
By SimonSes 2019-10-28 09:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Battlemod always did that. AM3 crits on Ukon cant get that high too (unless you proc Empy set bonus on top everything else maybe), but 2x AM3 crit would be around that exactly with Ukon.

In Battlemod chat, you have number between [] next to lines with white damage. That numbers shows how many hits are stacked into that one line summing up their damage.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-28 10:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhh kk, I’ll check again tonight. I got more Ambu to spam anyway
By SimonSes 2019-10-28 10:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Ahhh kk, I’ll check again tonight. I got more Ambu to spam anyway

If you could make 10k crits per punch on MNK, then none would even try to WS, because that would be a huge DPS loss :)

Even taking 3.5 punches per round. That would be 35000 damage per round and round taking 1.87sec (with Veret) it would result in 18716 dps :)
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-28 10:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I knew BM clumped some values together but I thought it was only values that at the same damage. So never even occurred to me that it would happen in Melee phase because that very rarely happens you’ll hit two hits or Crits for the exact same damage.
 Asura.Pusheen
Server: Asura
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-28 12:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Was looking at the sets in the community guide and am wondering why Relic+3 Pants and AF+3 Feet are BiS when footwork is down? Is it bc of +2 neck or something? Thanks!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-28 12:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It just produces the highest output. Nothing is better than 19% DA on legs (DA being roughly equal to a kick attack). Good crit rate is nice too, keeps it above kend+1. AF shoes happen to make a bigger dps impact when kick rate is so high vs other options.

It is largely due to the neck though, the neck was the final push to get people to finally think about "kick builds" if you aren't using the jse neck numbers probably look different.

If you drop the +2 neck, for say, anu torque, then Kend+1/Kend+1 is better (by a little bit)
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-28 13:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Let me know if I'm way off base here.

You are, because white damage and 2sec cooldown exist.

Taking from spreadsheet.
With Impetus up and Karambit.

Whole cycle of 2400TP+Raging is:
~51k Raging
~28k white damage
in ~9.66 sec

Whole cycle of 1000TP+0.2round oveflow Vsmite is:
~35k Vsmite
~14k white damage
in ~5.8sec

So to show it like you wanted to show its the best to compare 10xVsmite with 6xRaging, because thats an even amount of smites so will they will produce 5 Lights and total lenght for both scenarios is almost identical at ~58sec.

Vsmite:
10 x 35k
10 x 14k
5 x 35k Light (Light might do a little more actually but lets go with this)
= 665k

Raging:
6 x 51k
6 x 28k
= 474k

Vsmite wins by a lot, but Raging is definitely not "half the damage"

If you include Light doing the same damage as Vsmite, then 8543 DPS jumps to 11612 DPS.
By SimonSes 2019-10-28 13:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It just produces the highest output. Nothing is better than 19% DA on legs (DA being roughly equal to a kick attack). Good crit rate is nice too, keeps it above kend+1. AF shoes happen to make a bigger dps impact when kick rate is so high vs other options.

It is largely due to the neck though, the neck was the final push to get people to finally think about "kick builds" if you aren't using the jse neck numbers probably look different.

If you drop the +2 neck, for say, anu torque, then Kend+1/Kend+1 is better (by a little bit)

I'm almost sure that before neck kick attack setup was also best, but by a little smaller margin. I still usually dont use that setup, because I simply like to keep high meva in TP set. I use Kenda head+feet and Malignance hands+legs.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-28 13:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It was, but people didnt care until the neck was out (they didnt care until this month hi bandwagoners)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-28 13:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm totally honest I do prefer the single most idiotproof job be "the" bandwagon. And that is monk, absolutely.

If there has to be a bandwagon, that is. no bandwagon, is preferable.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-28 13:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Feet and legs combo was the best prior to neck, they were just grossly undervalued because you could buy a set that made you good enough as Monk, which wasn't much in the eyes of many back then anyways. Nobody was card farming for Monk before for a small increase, certainly not for a less desired job. Even less people were willing to waste money on legs upgrades.

I remember when neck came out, I posted about wanting to buy one and really nobody saw the value in it then (it was pre augment but it still added the base stats, which were useful especially for full kick build). People didn't really value a kick build unless you owned Spharai

If you go back to some of Azagarths and Byrths sets, they had suggested these a while ago. Funny how everything came full circle eventually
[+]
By Aerix 2019-10-28 13:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Generally yes, but:
1. If skillchain damage is not reduced and you are solo and duo, then you should probably take advantage of skillchains.

Few solo self skillchains to consider:
Asuran > TK|Raging|Howling > VS > VS - Fusion>Light>DoubleLight (You can add TK|Raging|Howling at start to make it 5step and start with Liquefaction. You can also add TK>TK or Shijin>Raging|Howling to make it 6 step and add Imapction > Liquefaction at start)
TK > TK > TK - Impaction > Detonation
Shijin > VS > VS - Light > DoubleLight
(Godhands only) Shijin > TK > Shijin > Shijin > Shijin Induration > Fragmentation > Light > Radiance (Can start with TK too for 4 step instead and can also add Howling Fist at start for 6 step :o)

2. If you are not at attack cap, then Howling should be almost always better than Raging. Even if you are close to attack cap at lets say 3.5 pDif, then Howling Fist with +2 neck will be better than Raging with Gorget.

As far as multisteps go, is Ascetic's Fury no longer worth using as an opener instead of Shijin even when Impetus is up? Just wondering as Fury didn't really gain anything from the update as the native +100% Attack Bonus made the neck+2 BiS over Fotia anyway.
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-28 14:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the replies!
By SimonSes 2019-10-28 17:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
SimonSes said: »
Generally yes, but:
1. If skillchain damage is not reduced and you are solo and duo, then you should probably take advantage of skillchains.

Few solo self skillchains to consider:
Asuran > TK|Raging|Howling > VS > VS - Fusion>Light>DoubleLight (You can add TK|Raging|Howling at start to make it 5step and start with Liquefaction. You can also add TK>TK or Shijin>Raging|Howling to make it 6 step and add Imapction > Liquefaction at start)
TK > TK > TK - Impaction > Detonation
Shijin > VS > VS - Light > DoubleLight
(Godhands only) Shijin > TK > Shijin > Shijin > Shijin Induration > Fragmentation > Light > Radiance (Can start with TK too for 4 step instead and can also add Howling Fist at start for 6 step :o)

2. If you are not at attack cap, then Howling should be almost always better than Raging. Even if you are close to attack cap at lets say 3.5 pDif, then Howling Fist with +2 neck will be better than Raging with Gorget.

As far as multisteps go, is Ascetic's Fury no longer worth using as an opener instead of Shijin even when Impetus is up? Just wondering as Fury didn't really gain anything from the update as the native +100% Attack Bonus made the neck+2 BiS over Fotia anyway.

AF over Shijin is option only for Glanzfaust (still worse tho). At 1000TP+0.2 round overflow and with Impetus up, I'm getting ~27k AF with R15 Glanz vs ~29k Shijin with R15 Glanz. So AF with Glanz is onyl an option for underbuffed attack. Now for every other weapon without that +49.5% damage bonus it's a laughable WS.
[+]
 Asura.Pusheen
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-10-29 09:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
started to add some sets to the bgwiki community monk guide so they are all in one place and updated. never edited a wiki before but i figured out enough to post sets. if anyone wants to submit sets they want to see on the page, send me a msg here, thanks.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Monk_Guide

Are these sets confirmed up to date accurate? Asking for a friend. Thanks!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-29 09:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Other than the smite impetus set lacking Bhikku body, looks right/up to date
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-29 09:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a collection of sets but the list is not exhaustive. Should give you a good idea of how to gear.

*the shijin set has moonshade, should be using mache+1 I believe
[+]
 Ragnarok.Katas
Server: Ragnarok
user: Katas
By Ragnarok.Katas 2019-10-29 09:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lacks Chi Blast set -10 points
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-29 11:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I sent him a couple things to fix that looks fixed now.

Vs impetus down crit cape and moonshade
Vs impetus up DA Cape and brutal earring

Also mentioned herculean feet for VS. but honestly I forgot what augments were said on the previous pages. I suppose STR acc, att, crit damage ?

Also I said Ashera harness would probably be better than Malignance body for hybrid set. I figured monks larges DPS loss would be if they're paralyzed or terrorized. Ashera has a decent amount of magic evasion and the +90 to resist paralyze and you get to keep a small amount attack using it. Correct me if I'm wrong for suggesting it over Mali.
By SimonSes 2019-10-29 11:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont really understand those sets tbh :)

WSD for TK and Howling, but not for RF, where the effect for all 3 WSs is pretty much the same (and WSD on cape, hands and head is not the best option for any of those 3 WSs btw)

Ryuo +1 feet loses to good Herculean boots when dDEX is capped and to Kendatsuba +1 when dDEX isnt capped. Also Ryuo+1 feet has no accurayc, which might be a big problem since head also has no accuracy.

Shijin Spiral is also strange. Not really for attack capped, not really for attack uncapped.

Ashera body is generally worse than Malignance and someone put it in hybrid set because of nostalgia.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-29 11:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I always put Ashera ahead of Malignance in most sets unless i'm going for a full meva build. I don't like partial meva sets, you either build a full one or you dont. For a full set, Malignance x2~5, some Kendatsuba. In a hybrid set, the extra 120~ HP is a very helpful addition to Monk's already high base and Mantra. If you're using some pieces of Malignance/Kendatsuba +1, you're going to benefit from Ashera's +45 attack. But Ashera is much rarer so it's fair to put Malignance in the set and include Ashera in the notes.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-29 11:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashera wins in terms of Resisting Paralyze only, but for other ailements/moves it lacks.

So it really isn't a big difference. It's actually a very small difference.
By SimonSes 2019-10-29 11:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashera is a nostalgia piece. Malignance has 2% more -DT, 1 more stp, more accuracy, 43 more meva, 3 more MDB. 120HP and paralyze resist wont beat that.

That being said thats the least concerning problem in those sets. Other things I listed are more problematic.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-29 11:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You're disregarding +52~ attack.

It depends on what you're fighting and your current buffs. If you're not getting buffs, you can use the extra STR/Attack on Ashera. The HP is not insignificant either, which is why some Kendatsuba +1 pieces can be used interchangeably with Malignance (similar acc and meva, but has higher HP and is offensively oriented). HP is one of Monk's biggest strengths, so you don't need to really gear for it. But it's still a stat that makes their HP even better (4000HP in Mantra is kind of nice, actually).

Offensively, Ashera is a little ahead of Malignance. 5 Accuracy and 1 STP is not a comparison to 50 attack. Defensively, it's closer in favor to Malignance.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-29 12:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No one is BiS at all times, this is FFXI. Situations change, with them changes so do gear optimisations. Unless you spend hours preparing for every situation ahead then sure lol.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-29 12:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You're disregarding +52~ attack.

It depends on what you're fighting and your current buffs. If you're not getting buffs, you can use the extra STR/Attack on Ashera. The HP is not insignificant either, which is why some Kendatsuba +1 pieces can be used interchangeably with Malignance (similar acc and meva, but has higher HP). HP is one of Monk's biggest strengths, so you don't need to really gear for it. But it's still a stat that makes their HP even better (4000HP in Mantra is kind of nice, actually).

Offensively, Ashera is a little ahead of Malignance. 5 Accuracy and 1 STP is not a comparison to 50 attack. Defensively, it's closer in favor to Malignance.

Its not 5 accuracy, but 12 accuracy. Imo even if you have uncapped attack slight offensive advantage of 56 attack over 12 accuracy and 1stp (sheet shows it's 0.9% dps advantage for Ashera) is not worth loosing that much meva.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-29 13:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It depends on what you're fighting and your current buffs. If you're not getting buffs, you can use the extra STR/Attack on Ashera. The HP is not insignificant either, which is why some Kendatsuba +1 pieces can be used interchangeably with Malignance (similar acc and meva, but has higher HP). HP is one of Monk's biggest strengths, so you don't need to really gear for it. But it's still a stat that makes their HP even better (4000HP in Mantra is kind of nice, actually).

Quote:
Its not 5 accuracy, but 12 accuracy. Imo even if you have uncapped attack slight offensive advantage of 56 attack over 12 accuracy and 1stp (sheet shows it's 0.9% dps advantage for Ashera) is not worth loosing that much meva.

Isn't the purpose of hybrid to be a healthy mixture of attack and defensiveness? Hence "hybrid" lol That's exactly what Ashera does. I'd prefer the decent amount of magic evasion+attack+larger HP over full Mali which seems to be full blown defense, not hybrid.
First Page 2 3 ... 292 293 294 ... 363 364 365