For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 175 176
 Asura.Kitsia
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kitsia
By Asura.Kitsia 2018-10-07 11:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that with capped attack and uncapped?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-07 12:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ishvara is (always) going to beat (any) attack+ earring, Mache+1 is (probably always) going to beat (any) attack+ earring, but it will be pretty close.

(Is tati+1 still the best attack earring lol, that's what I compared it to)

A Kuwunga Earring actually would beat mache+1, if you had madrigal on... with uncapped attack
By Sneakyman 2018-10-11 22:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup. If you are having terrible luck getting a good pair of samnuha tights what is the next best option for tp? The guide says meghanada +2 pants but pillager's culottes +3 look pretty good unless there is something else? Herculean? can get some extra store tp on em. Also how close are dedition and telos earring? Thanks.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-11 22:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Pill. Culottes +3 are quite good, and should you need the accuracy and/or additional defensive stats, are better than Samnoha.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-10-11 22:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

af+3 might win anyways if you're not using vahjra, very good piece.

also great defensive stats like kyte mentioned
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-11 22:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have seen them win on the spreadsheet even on fodder with Aeneas, though I don't 100% trust that result.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-11 23:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason you see that (and it's very small) is dropping Double Attack for more Triple Attack and Crit damage.

Triple attack damage + has become more important since anyone really ran numbers
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-11 23:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I fully understand why I see it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-11 23:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Then whats not to trust. If you trust the numbers w/ tights you should equally trust w/ af3.

Just numbers, they're both right, or both wrong.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-11 23:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Saying "it wins because there's a difference in stats" is not particularly insightful.

I don't fully trust it because the spreadsheets tend to overvalue TP phase damage a little bit, and given that the difference is quite small in favor of the item that would tend to increase white damage more than the other, there's reason to think the ordinal result may be incorrect when considering Aeneas main/Twashtar offhand.

On the flipside, I do also think that no matter what, you're not really doing yourself a disservice by saying *** it and just fulltiming them for TP, partly due to the defensive difference.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-10-11 23:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-12 02:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
I don't fully trust it because the spreadsheets tend to overvalue TP phase damage a little bit

This is interesting. I don't know specifically how these spreadsheets work but I would think it would be the opposite. In that you can make a spreadsheet assume perfect WS frequency, even when that's not always how things play out in the game. So I would think spreadsheets would undervalue TP phase damage. But I'm interested in learning how the spreadsheets could be messing this up.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-12 04:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The spreadsheet overvalues everything. It's not just white damage. It just wasn't worth debating.

It's never even close to actual in game values, and I run it VERY conservative.

The specific point of contention (for this) is over-tp rounds. It's set to assume you are human, and you will not tp perfectly. aka; too many white damage swings. (but you can adjust that) ((it still won't be perfect))

If you leave the base settings to .5 over rounds, AF3 > Samnuha by ~9 DPS

If you set it to 0 overtp rounds, Samnhua > AF3 by 3 dps

Those are both close enough to say they're exactly identical dps tbqh
By Sneakyman 2018-10-12 11:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. Thanks fer the replies. :)
First Page 2 3 ... 175 176