First Page 2 3 ... 176 177 178 ... 261 262 263
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-27 16:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you used THF the wrong way, yeah.

Mandau THF doesn't pull anymore, you get someone else to do that so you DD. We're talking a completely different era here. Mandau THF was bananas.

To add to this, the LS leader and I both pulled. He preferred to but I had pulled plenty with a previous group and could. One of us finishing would just mean the other pulls so the Mandau DD's.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-27 17:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, that's the entirety of everything isn't it? If you're doing it wrong you're doing it wrong. If you're doing it right, you're doing it right.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-27 18:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC was the way to go for dynamis.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-27 18:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
The game only had 2 song BRD, ghorn was not common, COR had no PR+. It was terribly ***then no matter what you did tbh. Really can't see 1 relic being a game changer back in the dark ages of Dynamis.

It's a "you had to see it" scenario.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-27 18:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
The game only had 2 song BRD, ghorn was not common, COR had no PR+. It was terribly ***then no matter what you did tbh. Really can't see 1 relic being a game changer back in the dark ages of Dynamis.

It's a "you had to see it" scenario.

This. People thought colibri parties is when merits got good, but that's only for those who didn't know how to properly build a group. I did some 20k/hr merit parties in Ule Range, but you had to have everything hitting just right to make it happen. At the time everyone else thought that 4k/hour was solid.

This game has always been about knowing how and which buffs to apply. In the early days we didn't have many options for buffs and didn't emphasis it in most groups. This is why people get some rose colored glasses about how "hard" things were back then. But you can just look at some people streaming this game in 2018 running with 3/4 2h DD without proper support and see that painful gameplay style is still alive and well. They can get wins but it's a struggle, whereas if you take in a proper setup with stacked support you can clear in 1/3 of the time.

My LS at that also mostly ran single alliance for damage, so one of the DD was a bigger piece of the pie and Mandau was a huge upgrade over anything else at that time, so it was a big boon to the group. Not life changing as a whole, but it would get a few more kills and thus a few more drops.
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-27 18:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Far as that "scenario" it would've been a perfectly logical reason to stop alternating sponsorship, that's just silly. Finishing one (back then) would've been a large time increase to successive relics. but never try to talk logic with an ffxi player. It's easier to convince a brick wall to fall down with your forehead as the primary method of communication.

If you play with robots but not human then sure, lol. Afaik people not happy = drama and ls broke = nobody gets anything :D
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-27 19:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That was always the quintessential thing that made dienamis garbage. The people.

Common goals. Team work. Logic.

"*** that ***, gimme mine" (and my e-gf)

This was also ever apparent (still is) with drops. You give Haidate to your "best player" he gains 1 dps. You give them to a lesser geared player that puts in effort you gain a much larger net gain.

"But my pants! (ego)"
[+]
By Boshi 2018-10-27 19:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

mnk burn in king rap's tomb was fun for everyone except the rdm.

ptsd
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-27 19:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be pretty displeased with 20K an hour.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-27 19:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I'd be pretty displeased with 20K an hour.

Where would you get a lot more than that?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-27 19:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

proper bird camp
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-27 19:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

proper bird camp

Do you mean the Rocs in Lufaise, or a colibri party with little to no competition? Because competition was usually an issue for that camp.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-27 19:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

competition left when my parties pulled everything. we'd pull every bird in the area and none of the osode sam in the camp would be able to keep up

dnc drg/sam/mnk brd brd cor rdm
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-27 20:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean that's nice and all, but my line on that topic was, "colibri parties is when people think merits got good", which means I was talking of a pre-toau time. And with proper setup and pulling that was possible in a roaming ule range party. But most people just dealt with 4k an hour on weapons.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-28 04:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats still the issue. No one wants to be WHM. Ever. It's miserable. The few that do are masochists.

It's why every shout is @whm 5/6 /beg

It's why every linkshell in the history of ever is recruiting WHM
[+]
By Sneakyman 2018-10-28 17:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this is a noobish question but after reading the guide about using mandalic and rudra at around 1500 tp and up with moonshade I was curious if I am doing it right by using evisceration as soon as I hit 1000 tp? I know the crit rate is increased at 2000 tp and the guide does say to use moonshade for it. Thanks.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-28 17:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you want to use evis as soon as you hit 1k, if you're using it
By Sneakyman 2018-10-28 17:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

k thx man
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-10-28 18:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats still the issue. No one wants to be WHM. Ever. It's miserable. The few that do are masochists.

It's why every shout is @whm 5/6 /beg

It's why every linkshell in the history of ever is recruiting WHM

This is the exact reason Cure-Bots were created..
And it's gotten so bad that some of them are Impressive...

It's a shame that the Potion System couldn't be made better to alleviate this problem so that parties aren't quite so helpless without a healer.

Takes 10 seconds to use an X-Potion, it only gives you like 300 HP and then you cant use any Spell or JA for 20 seconds lol

Maybe SE should offer an incentive for people to play healer jobs.. A separate/private loot pool for people who've healed enough people in the party other than one's self, maybe?

Or at the very least improve the items and remove that weird lock that's in place.
By Afania 2018-10-28 19:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Maybe SE should offer an incentive for people to play healer jobs..

Or people stop being so picky about healers job role! People want whm only and even ask for yagrush.....of course "whm can I have it /beg"
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-28 19:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Or people stop being so picky about healers job role! People want whm only and even ask for yagrush.....of course "whm can I have it /beg"

Lol no one plays rdm or sch to heal in any noticeable rate. Maybe a bit of chicken and egg scenario there but doubtful. Rdm hated healing at 75 days usually. Sch needs a form of mitigation to make up for weaker pro/shell/barspell, because getting one shot is a major risk in most content you bring a full on healer to.

I'm sad our only heal is a 5min cool down. Plenty of rogues have self heal techniques with much better potency and frequency.
By Boshi 2018-10-28 20:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC was the way to go for dynamis.

about 4 years later.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-10-28 21:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I ever saw a Dnc in dynamis until they switched over to the whole proccing thing
By Afania 2018-10-28 22:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Lol no one plays rdm or sch to heal in any noticeable rate.

Really? I made sch heal in ambu VD pretty often, although it's usually because people want to come and the only way to make the setup work is they heal on sch.

Then it turns out that sch enmity control ability can be pretty decent too, and makes noticeable difference. More so in ranged month.

My personal experience is that when I offered to heal on rdm people went "Do you have whm" then when I offered whm people asked for yagrush. Soooooo picky D:
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-28 22:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Lol no one plays rdm or sch to heal in any noticeable rate.

Really? I made sch heal in ambu VD pretty often, although it's usually because people want to come and the only way to make the setup work is they heal on sch.

Then it turns out that sch enmity control ability can be pretty decent too, and makes noticeable difference. More so in ranged month.

My personal experience is that when I offered to heal on rdm people went "Do you have whm" then when I offered whm people asked for yagrush. Soooooo picky D:

People are picky because it's all they know. There are no rdm or sch healers to show it works so people don't know it works. Same thing with asking for certain DD. They see a job works and thinks it's the job. Usually not specific to the job.

Whm is the top healer in the game, easily. Other jobs have niche advantages, but everyone has gotten by without those advantages so they're used to the increased healing power.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2018-10-29 18:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been out of the loop for awhile. Considering maybe resubbing for the winter when the semester is over.

How to upgrade REMA+D weapons again? (Did we ever settle on an acronym for that?) I think you need to clear something or use job points, then turn something in, or something. The wiki also said something about upgrading all your weapons of a type at the same time, which is nice for my 4 daggers. Is this something I can do in about 6 weeks with minimal support?

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 176 177 178 ... 261 262 263