Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-11 17:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

gdiShun said: »
Nah, I'm pretty sure you were just being an idiot. :D

Mkay!

I do alot of stupid *** (like just this morning....) but this wasn't one of those times lol.

Saying I could beat Ccl on SAM vs his Mythic SAM is probably one of those things >->
By gdiShun 2014-10-11 17:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You weren't as argumentative as I was hoping. No fun. :p lol

But yeah, I was being facetious as well. :p
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-11 17:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

gdiShun said: »
You weren't as argumentative as I was hoping. No fun. :p lol

But yeah, I was being facetious as well. :p

I can argue for the fun of it, I am Scottish afterall.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2014-10-11 17:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
I didn't think Macc on Tamazchi was good for anything as BiS really :/
Best in slot?
Tamaxchi isn't anywhere NEAR best in slot for ANYTHING (anymore).
Tamaxchi is serviceable.
+30 Macc doesn't make Tamaxchi the most amazing club for WHM (Yagrush has the most Macc so anything that's not Yagrush is automatically going to be not BiS)... but it makes Tamaxchi a serviceable option for people who either can't or don't care to make a Yagrush for Macc.

And not even for cures is Tamaxchi BiS anymore... the new Avatar club is "better" for cures. (I know it's only better cause of MND... but MND is horribad for cure potency... but cure potency is SUPER easy to cap nowadays... so... it IS *technically* better than Tamaxchi... literally +8MND gives only 1~2HP cured at the top tier of cure potency... so at least the almost 20 more MND the new club has should give you... like +5HP...)

Tamaxchi is ergonomic.
It's free, the augment pushes it to be useful for more than just cure potency. (OAT or Macc both)
So going about BiS when talking about Tamaxchi is kinda silly.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-11 17:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Best in slot?
Tamaxchi is serviceable.
+30 Macc doesn't make Tamaxchi the most amazing club for WHM (Yagrush has the most Macc so anything that's not Yagrush is automatically going to be not BiS)... but it makes Tamaxchi a serviceable option for people who either can't or don't care to make a Yagrush for Macc.

And not even for cures is Tamaxchi BiS anymore... the new Avatar club is "better" for cures. (I know it's only better cause of MND... but MND is horribad for cure potency... but cure potency is SUPER easy to cap nowadays... so... it IS *technically* better than Tamaxchi... literally +8MND gives only 1~2HP cured at the top tier of cure potency... so at least the almost 20 more MND the new club has should give you... like +5HP...)

Tamaxchi is ergonomic.
It's free, the augment pushes it to be useful for more than just cure potency. (OAT or Macc both)

A piece is BiS because its individual stats are better - thats not right. It's only best in slot if being in that slot allows a more optimal, overall set. Which if my maths has been right, it isn't...

I'll look into it but have you got a set and I'll run the numbers and confirm, otherwise it's hard to see it really.

ItemSet 320295

This set (Mending cape has +10 healing skill) gives me 503 on Cure III for example.

yes I'm aware I could use many other items in Ammo, I am currently using the Conserve MP ammo but meh.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2014-10-11 17:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 329476
By Pantafernando 2014-10-11 17:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »

Tempered Cape +1 seems a better cape for single target cures.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2014-10-11 17:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

That is true. If you can get right right augments on Mending cape, then that would be best though.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-11 18:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That is true. If you can get right right augments on Mending cape, then that would be best though.

Well.

My set provides the following:

Assuming all start with 100 MND and VIT (Race difference hard to quantify without a link but this got close to my actual so meh).

MND +97
VIT+54
Skill+80 (440 base)

Quote:
White Magic Spells
Cure 97
Cure II 213
Cure III 496
Cure IV 933
Cure V 1149
Cure VI 1474

Skjalfs set is a little different:

MND+119
VIT+54
Skill (532 max) now this is "better" but it requires the Pants fro that Fight that provide 1% less cure converted back into MP. but anyways lets crank the numbers and see which we get for PURELY Cure power.

Quote:
White Magic Spells
Cure 97
Cure II 214
Cure III 502
Cure IV 946
Cure V 1159
Cure VI 1494

So you gain, on Cure 6 , 20 more hp but gain 1% less MP from return 4% of 20 hp is like... not even 1 mp so it doesn't quanitfy, 1% of 1494 is is naturally alot more than 0.8 meaning if you need mp, these provide 14.5 MP, which is certainly not a small amount.

Now you can argue all day along about "you shouldn't need 5% to manage mp" but that's not always the case. The only Real arguement you could say is "I have a Relic Gjallahorn BRD who never drops ballads and DD's who use DT sets timely" this although nice would make Skjalfs set better in the sense.

Emnity Sets wise - mine is -29 (54 4 over cap)

Tranquil Heart at 500+ skill (which both sets have) caps you at -25% so Skjalf sets win on the -emnity front at sitting bang on -45.

Long story short skjalf set adds less -emnity but gains 1~20 hp cured at higher levels on the most MP inefficient cures available making on the bases that those pants add -emnity however set wise they are not optimal where as mine gives you better mp return.

Summary:

My Set:
  • Capped Emnity -

• Better MP return

• Time Investment to obtain considerably lower

Potential upgrades to my set:

• Better Augment on Mending for potency plus along with capped potency on Gendewitha Cap allows to swap to Skill+3 earring closing the gap further.

Skjalfs Set:

• Slightly better Cure (single targets)

Potential upgrades:
  • Mending Cape for 2 more skill and -emnity gear cap.

However adjusting a couple of pieces within my set. I get an extra 5 HP on my cure set making it only 15 behind Skjalfs.

Personally I will stick to my set as I dont consider 15 HP life saving and the substantial swaps in gear are grind worthy and imo don't provide an upgrade if you are playing contingency and want to keep the AF3+2 pants for when you need extra mp (IE shitty brds or DD's who dont use DT sets etc)
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2014-10-11 18:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalf believes Mending Cape augments can include additional healing magic skill+~10[+] and cure potency+~6[+] besides base stats.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-11 18:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalf believes Mending Cape augments can include additional healing magic skill+~10[+] and cure potency+~6[+] besides base stats.

I've never seen more than +10 or +5 potency but it is indeed BiS with augments.
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-10-13 08:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an update gearswap for whm?
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-13 08:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally use all of Mote's stuff.
You can find it here
 Cerberus.Krystela
By Cerberus.Krystela 2014-10-13 08:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Now you can argue all day along about "you shouldn't need 5% to manage mp" but that's not always the case. The only Real arguement you could say is "I have a Relic Gjallahorn BRD who never drops ballads and DD's who use DT sets timely" this although nice would make Skjalfs set better in the sense.

Not the first time I see you say something like this and I honestly do not understand. I do pugs and my mp never go under 900 unless I am spaming curaga IV like a lazy retard whm (happen sometimes) and most of the time.......I only have one song on (teehee bards).

Like honestly, either way, like spirachub said. You arent gimp for not using them but it doesnt make them stupid to use it either >.>
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-13 08:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Krystela said: »

Not the first time I see you say something like this and I honestly do not understand. I do pugs and my mp never go under 900 unless I am spaming curaga IV like a lazy retard whm (happen sometimes) and most of the time.......I only have one song on (teehee bards).

Like honestly, either way, like spirachub said. You arent gimp for not using them but it doesnt make them stupid to use it either >.>

I don't believe I said they were gimp I merely argued one over the other for the sake of 15 hp difference.

This is also single target cure not curaga ~ mainly I look at Incursion Ilvl 130+ where if you are WHM you will probably be curing alot and using higher Tier cures than lol Delve for example.

In those situations it is possible to use alot more MP then anticipated on certain nms (a resisted sleep, a missed stun, a DD not swapping sets in time etc) in those situations I'd use AF3+2 legs over the other options as a result.

I'm not having 3 different cure sets and 3 different curaga sets for the sake of Delve 1 and Incursion.

if you do serious stuff : MP efficiency is always the better option, if you do delve nothing hits hard enough to warrent the additional set for 15 hp.
 Cerberus.Krystela
By Cerberus.Krystela 2014-10-13 08:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Best in slot?
Tamaxchi is serviceable.

Tamaxchi is ergonomic.

I've looked the new wand up and I do not think it's better then tamaxchii. Yes it easy to fill up cure potency else where but you would waste that slot for potential Healing skill.

My 2 cents though, I am not a ffxi scientist.
 Cerberus.Krystela
By Cerberus.Krystela 2014-10-13 08:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This is also single target cure not curaga ~

Just meant that I never have mp problems unless I spam curaga like there was no tomorrow. But yeah 15hp more is meh, but that is like the BLMs that would pay 10 mil for 10 more dmg.... :p
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-13 09:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Best in slot?
Tamaxchi is serviceable.

Tamaxchi is ergonomic.

I've looked the new wand up and I do not think it's better then tamaxchii. Yes it easy to fill up cure potency else where but you would waste that slot for potential Healing skill.

In all fairness saying you don't think something is better doesn't means it's so (even though you and I agree on this it's still an invalid basis for an arguement or decision).

It does provide a Stronger Cure set in that one instance... but the combination of other gear thats not exactly easy to get for a difference of 15HP cured... idk seems like a lot of running around for a marjinal difference when there's an argument to be made about better mp efficiency with easier to obtain gear lol (Tthis is 15 hp at cure 6, its like a difference of 2~3 on Cure 3).

Name the last time 3 extra HP on a cure saved your life and I'll consider it, then name the last time a WHM running out of MP killed you.

lets see which wins (I agree a WHM shouldn't run out of mp but it is possible in Incursion)
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-13 09:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This is also single target cure not curaga ~

Just meant that I never have mp problems unless I spam curaga like there was no tomorrow. But yeah 15hp more is meh, but that is like the BLMs that would pay 10 mil for 10 more dmg.... :p

back in the day a BLM wouldn't pay 10mil for 10 dmg if it meant they used a good amount more mp. the critical thing about playing BLM back then was Number of nukes and damage, but a BLM able to cast Thunder 5 and getting mp back at 5% over 4% for 10 dmg would be a DPS loss!
 Cerberus.Krystela
By Cerberus.Krystela 2014-10-13 09:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Best in slot?
Tamaxchi is serviceable.

Tamaxchi is ergonomic.

In all fairness saying you don't think something is better doesn't means it's so (even though you and I agree on this it's still an invalid basis for an arguement or decision).

It does provide a Stronger Cure set in that one instance... but the combination of other gear thats not exactly easy to get for a difference of 15HP cured... idk seems like a lot of running around for a marjinal difference when there's an argument to be made about better mp efficiency with easier to obtain gear lol (Tthis is 15 hp at cure 6, its like a difference of 2~3 on Cure 3).

Name the last time 3 extra HP on a cure saved your life and I'll consider it, then name the last time a WHM running out of MP killed you.

lets see which wins (I agree a WHM shouldn't run out of mp but it is possible in Incursion)

Oh, I totally understand and agree on your point of view.

And yeah at this point, 20hp more or less won't change anything especially on a cure we barely even use (Hi there Cure VI). It's just total epeen at this point. But we just shouldn't use mp as an excuse anymore, really.

Unless.....everyone in your party is utterly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE xD
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-13 09:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Best in slot?
Tamaxchi is serviceable.

Tamaxchi is ergonomic.

Oh, I totally understand and agree on your point of view.

And yeah at this point, 20hp more or less won't change anything especially on a cure we barely even use (Hi there Cure VI). It's just total epeen at this point. But we just shouldn't use mp as an excuse anymore, really.

Unless.....everyone in your party is utterly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE xD

Using it as an argument for High Tier Battlfields only ie Incursion, I would never say it about Delve or some ***. Epeen is fine but we're a whm and our concern is about keeping peeps alive, which isn't about whats the most damage I can do ie "using Souleater" its about how can I do my job in the most effective way possible while keeping peeps fully buffed / alive / and keeping my mp up.

Watch an event come up that requires us to spam CUraga V now and everyone be like "***I need AF3+2 pants", that would be funny.
 Cerberus.Krystela
By Cerberus.Krystela 2014-10-13 09:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch an event come up that requires us to spam CUraga V now and everyone be like "***I need AF3+2 pants", that would be funny.
Indeed lol. But anyway, those damn pants are a myth >.> (not af3)
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-10-13 09:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yagrush with macc Genbu's should come in second to augmented Lehbrailg +2 plus grip, yes?

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/73718

Am I missing some offhand that puts Yagrush ahead?
 Cerberus.Krystela
By Cerberus.Krystela 2014-10-13 10:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to ask for insights, this thread have been outdated for a while and I have made sets based on this thread and some research.

I am asking for constructive opinions.

Cure option 1 (new pants)

ItemSet 327337

52% cure potency, 102 Healing magic skill, 84 Mind & -33 enmity.

According to Furen's FFXI Cure calculator.

Cure 97
Cure II 214
Cure III 498
Cure IV 936
Cure V 1152
Cure VI 1479

Cure option 2 (Af3 +2 pants)

ItemSet 329563

52%* Cure Potency, 89 Healing Skill, 79 MND & -28 enm.

*I have a +6% cure potency augment on Gende. Caubeen +1

According to Furen's FFXI Cure calculator.

Cure 97
Cure II 213
Cure III 496
Cure IV 934
Cure V 1150
Cure VI 1477

We can see that the difference is very small.

Curaga

ItemSet 327340

51%* Cure potency, 174 MND & -40 enmity.

*Gende. Caubeen +1 have +6% cure

CCT I sub sch so 10% from light art.

ItemSet 328722

40% Cure spellcasting down, 22 Fastcast = 62% + 20% cure spellcasting merit

Enhancing (I sub sch all the time)

ItemSet 329041

Skill needed to cap as sub sch: 80

87 enhancing magic skill & 35 conserve mp

Barspells

ItemSet 327342

Recast

ItemSet 327344

25% haste, 54% fastcast & 4% quickcast.

Cursna

ItemSet 327347

Enfeebling (haaaaaaalp)

ItemSet 327353

And I think I got the rest covered. I try to put conserv mp as much as I can in some spells.

Suggestions welcome :D
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-13 10:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

Yagrush with macc Genbu's should come in second to augmented Lehbrailg +2 plus grip, yes?

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/73718

Am I missing some offhand that puts Yagrush ahead?

It doesn't even beat Twebuliij path B + grip. Unless there's some amazing offhand that I don't know about, quite frankly I think anyone who's using Yag for Macc set is just either trying to save space or trying to show off.

And anyone who goes for Tamaxchi for macc because they don't have yagrush is a bit silly. There are plenty of other options better than Tamaxchi for debuff..
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-13 10:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Your sets are solid really.

Cure sets are fine really, very similiar to mine (minus Mending cape with Healing skill Augment).

I will add as I go along

Enfeebling I use this:

ItemSet 320303

My Artsieq gear is Augmented to along the Macc/mnd path adding 8 MND and 20 magic accuracy for each piece. I use a fair bit of MND in places but that's because 1 MND : 1 Macc

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Magic_Accuracy

Link above shows the current thinking and testing involved to come to this conlusion.

Quote:
Total relevant magic skill (enfeebling, elemental, etc.)

1 Skill = 1 Magic Accuracy
Magic Accuracy for Songs is proportional to the sum of Singing skill and Instrument skill for the equipped instrument type, but it is unclear whether there is a further modifier.

dSTAT : The difference between a caster's attribute and the same attribute on the target.

+1 Stat = +1 Magic Accuracy until dSTAT > 10~15 at which point 1 Stat = 0.5 Magic Accuracy
The associated stat varies based on the type of magic spell:

Cures I use this (conserve mp ammo)

ItemSet 320295

I'd swap a few things i your set, IE 10 skill feet is worth around 20 MND, now VIT and MND are stats we get on Reforged feet and give you better potency on sets, so swap out the Rubeus feet for Theo Duckbills ad you get a net gain plus Ilvl and haste for recast.

Cursna

I'd swap your cursna set around a little, I see you are using healing skill to enhance Cursna (which it does techincally) however the small amount is nothing to really gear towards (as +100 skill is a small%), I'd take recast over 10 healing skill etc.

Here's what I use.

ItemSet 320300

Cursna Set has max haste (26^ from gear so capped gear haste) and I have 3 Lehbrailg +2 with different Augs, one for fastcast (which I use on this) one with macc (which I use for enfeebs and Banish/holy) and MAB which I may swap for the skirmish staff when I get time to augment.

If I'm in Adoulin I have en etra 2% haste from ionis so I swap Cursna Recast set to this.

ItemSet 329565

Only change is Witful bet for Instant cast and fastcast.
 Cerberus.Krystela
By Cerberus.Krystela 2014-10-13 11:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Your sets are solid really.

Cure sets are fine really, very similiar to mine (minus Mending cape with Healing skill Augment).

Enfeebling I use this:

ItemSet 320303

Cures I use this (conserve mp ammo)

ItemSet 320295

Glad to see I don't need to go so heavy on magic acc and can put some more MND in instead.

I havent done much incursions ._.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-10-13 11:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to ask for insights, this thread have been outdated for a while and I have made sets based on this thread and some research.

I am asking for constructive opinions.

Cure option 1 (new pants)

ItemSet 327337

52% cure potency, 102 Healing magic skill, 84 Mind & -33 enmity.

Cure option 2 (Af3 +2 pants)

ItemSet 329563

52%* Cure Potency, 89 Healing Skill, 79 MND & -28 enm.

*I have a +6% cure potency augment on Gende. Caubeen +1

Curaga

ItemSet 327340

51%* Cure potency, 174 MND & -40 enmity.

*Gende. Caubeen +1 have +6% cure

CCT I sub sch so 10% from light art.

ItemSet 328722

40% Cure spellcasting down, 22 Fastcast = 62% + 20% cure spellcasting merit

Enhancing (I sub sch all the time)

ItemSet 329041

Skill needed to cap as sub sch: 80

87 enhancing magic skill & 35 conserve mp

Barspells

ItemSet 327342

Recast

ItemSet 327344

25% haste, 54% fastcast & 4% quickcast.

Cursna

ItemSet 327347

Enfeebling (haaaaaaalp)

ItemSet 327353

And I think I got the rest covered. I try to put conserv mp as much as I can in some spells.

Suggestions welcome :D

I actually like the sets you presented my only short coming is I lack certain precast in my GS, once i learn to *** sets since i'm still new to it I would certainly aspir to use these.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-10-13 16:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

On Healing Hands Ver. 2 can be found here.

This thread is being kept as an archive.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19