New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 176 177 178 ... 224 225 226
By Crossbones 2020-08-06 11:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Start with decimation. It synergizes extremely well with wars natural traits and tp gear. Very easy to gear for and you will have good dps results early out the gate. Don't need much more than the two ambu armor sets to get it going and you can add HQ abjuration armor down the line (can even buy the body with domain invasion points to save time / pops). Fencer and other ws that benefit from wsd gear will be weaker early on since it takes more time to obtain that gear (dynamis, omen, etc).
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-08-09 05:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Upheaval is a WS with a mildly high fTP gain with higher TP, and is a multi hit WS.

So, do you want to force WS damage OR multi hits in the WS set for it?
By Taint 2020-08-09 05:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Upheaval is a WS with a mildly high fTP gain with higher TP, and is a multi hit WS.

MA at 1000
WSdmg at 2000

But don’t forget TPbonus buffs like Warcry, Chango500 and moonshade 250.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-08-09 06:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

MA at 1000
WSdmg at 2000

Let's say I don't use gear swap and am vanilla af. But do have Chango. Would I be better to simply focus WS damage +?
By Taint 2020-08-09 07:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

MA at 1000
WSdmg at 2000

Let's say I don't use gear swap and am vanilla af. But do have Chango. Would I be better to simply focus WS damage +?

Yes with Chango just use WSdmg and you will be fine.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-08-09 08:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

MA at 1000
WSdmg at 2000

Yes with Chango just use WSdmg and you will be fine.

Cool ty!
By Afania 2020-08-09 10:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

MA at 1000
WSdmg at 2000

You don't need gear swap to use different sets for different TP values.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
Server: Asura
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-08-31 15:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the go to Ukko's Fury set these days?
By Spaitin 2020-09-10 20:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

New Fighters roll TP set is pretty absurd. Can swap the legs with pummelers and the earrings for dedition and telos to accommodate different levels of fighters roll. Basically, 3 hit build with 100 DA 14 TA and some zanshin. TONS of acc, but we never really struggled with that. This new tatenashi body with augments is like a far better version of dagon.

ItemSet 375308
By SimonSes 2020-09-10 21:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
New Fighters roll TP set is pretty absurd. Can swap the legs with pummelers and the earrings for dedition and telos to accommodate different levels of fighters roll. Basically, 3 hit build with 100 DA 14 TA and some zanshin. TONS of acc, but we never really struggled with that. This new tatenashi body with augments is like a far better version of dagon.

ItemSet 375308

How much sTP you need from Tatenashi to get 3hit? Because being forced to rank 1 unity is lame af.
By Spaitin 2020-09-12 00:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
How much sTP you need from Tatenashi to get 3hit? Because being forced to rank 1 unity is lame af.
Depends on your cor roll. Assuming a lucky regal, then you can be last rank on unity. 2,11,10 will all get you a 3 hit build. 10 will require the sam bonus. If you have max unity ranking and rostam cor, things get pretty absurd.

Also, acc is so easy to cap these days lol. Most content you probably should go with something other than sushi, my vote is for carbonara lol.

Super side note. Vim torque is really really good for raetic algol reso spam. Might have to play around with it again.
By Spaitin 2020-09-12 17:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 367123

Slight change to the "hybrid" set. also 3 hit build with 100 DA and 50 PDT/MDT
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-09-12 18:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asking for a friend. How much double attack do you need in your TP set to cap out at 100? Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-12 18:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
This new tatenashi body with augments is like a far better version of dagon.

So for someone without Dagon, if I just grab this body, I don't really need one do I? (Besides SBII, is it good for anything else)
By Spaitin 2020-09-13 13:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So for someone without Dagon, if I just grab this body, I don't really need one do I? (Besides SBII, is it good for anything else)
Dagon is a pretty meh piece for war. Even before tatenashi got it's upgrade, I didn't find much use for dagon. If you are hellbent on a SBII build or a resist slow build, then that is basically the only use for it.

A well augmented valorous/odyssean body are both better at TP gain for fighter/nonfighter roll builds. Dagon has always been good, but behind easier to obtain options.

Dagon's best use was for multihit crit WS, now it isnt even BIS for those. Hja and Tatenashi body are better for crit WS.

Even before this update, I would tell most people to just skip dagon. It is behind easier to obtain options.

Anyway, Here is a MEVA hybrid set I have been working on with war. It is good on the MEVA aspect, but i wish it would TP a bit faster. Post any suggestions you have to it plz.

ItemSet 375369

I have the cape augmented with MEVA DEX and DA. ACC just isnt an issue these days. Caps MDT with shell, which is nice.
By Nariont 2020-09-13 15:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

it aint much but engraved belt might be a tiny bit better if we assume 1 ele resist = 1 meva, its 20 in all but light/dark with 30 on those with str/int/mnd+7 and acc/atk+10
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-09-13 15:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
it aint much but engraved belt might be a tiny bit better if we assume 1 ele resist = 1 meva, its 20 in all but light/dark with 30 on those with str/int/mnd+7 and acc/atk+10
I agree, updated it.

Obviation body is a pretty decent swap for sacro imo.
By Crossbones 2020-09-13 15:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't think trading ammo slot for 15 meva is a high price? Only thing in there I see that may / may not be an iffy swap. Maybe using staunch will be a nice compromise for ailments at least, idk.
By Spaitin 2020-09-13 15:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
You don't think trading ammo slot for 15 meva is a high price? Only thing in there I see that may / may not be an iffy swap. Maybe using staunch will be a nice compromise for ailments at least, idk.
You also get 6 DA . FOr resolution builds it is probably BIS. For Upheaval it isnt very far behind knob. It is a pretty solid piece now. Not a very big sacrifice in DPS or TP gain.

Hmm. fully augmented macabre gauntlets beat out volte hands for MEVA. That is a toss up slot for me. Probably easier to obtain for most people than volte hands though.
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-09-13 16:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah good call didn't notice the DA on it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By malakef 2020-09-14 13:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Has to do with getting a guaranteed multi attack so you have a guaranteed x hit build and not just a very likely x hit build.

Silly math example to follow. Let’s say you have 5% TA and 95% DA. So for every 100 swings because TA procs first you have 95 swings with a chance to DA right? Well your DA rate is 95% but it’s 95% of that remaining 95 swings so you get 90 DA’s but there are 5 attacks you only single attack. Those 5 attacks are a killer for your x-hit build when you could have dropped the 5% TA in favor of 5% DA and had 100% DA and never once have a single attack round.

It’s all about maintaining that guarantee speed to WS. With fighters roll up the set maintains the minimum while possibly letting you get there faster or with more overflow tp. Otherwise if you just full time the TA body you Might get there faster, but you also might get there slower because you had to wait an entire extra attack round.

It’s why many of us with Dagon body don’t use it on WAR or use it much more rarely then you might have thought.

What might change that math though is using the r15 antitail in conjunction with the TA Body IF you get the unity bonus....
[+]
 Asura.Yizzy
Server: Asura
user: Kohh
By Asura.Yizzy 2020-09-14 16:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chendar said: »
The "standard" setup is basically 5hit and 100DA, yea. Having capped DA is not required or anything. Various setups with DM QA or using TA over DA where possible could be more dps in an all out zerg I suppose. But that 100 DA does make it super reliable for multistepping, which is what you're most likely to use Chango for anyway I guess.

ItemSet 374314

that's what everone threw around a lil while back at least

aurgelmir orb +1 over ginsen may let you skip the 5da valorous body for relic+3 body and still 5hit? Someone would have have to run the numbers on that one :P

EDIT: If you're getting fighter's roll or ifrit favor that's all out the window ofc. WAR has tons of good options so it's absolutely worth making different sets for different buff situations if you wanna go all out.

So is this BiS currently? or just an idea of what to shoot for?
By Spaitin 2020-09-14 18:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Memes said: »
Why is tat+1 R15 body not bis regardless of fighters roll?
It is BIS regardless of fighters roll. The 100 DA build just has consistency which a lot of people like. Going 93 DA is fine when you add 5 TA and 6 STP. And a lot of warriors are big onto the 100 DA, but it is not the best you can do for TP gain. It is really good for consistency and people like that.
Asura.Yizzy said: »
So is this BiS currently? or just an idea of what to shoot for?
That set is good, but not BIS for non fighter roll TP gain.
ItemSet 375409
This set is about BIS, some arguments for different pieces. You can swap in Tatenashi hand and body if you want. Would make your overall TP gain better, but less consistent.

Post deleted by User.
By Spaitin 2020-09-15 04:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's lame that they only put 3% TA on the legs. If it was 5% or 6% would they have been usable?
They are actually better than pummeler legs and slightly worse than well augmented odyssean. So completely usable now. I would go with odyssean legs though. Better and cheaper.

6 ta would have made them crazy good.

This is assuming max unity ranking.

Post deleted by User.
By Spaitin 2020-09-15 09:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

For TP?
Yes

Post deleted by User.
By Spaitin 2020-09-15 09:40:43