Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 132 133 134 ... 224 225 226
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-31 15:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on how much I over TP'd due to 100% DA. At 1K they were in the 26~30K range, past 1500 they were doing around 40K. Reso performs does similarly except it doesn't make SC's like Chango does and Chango seems to pack more punch. If you were going to just spam Upheaval vs Montante +1 spamming Reso then Chango would likely only win by a few percent. It's the fact that it crush's in every other situation that makes it beastly. Upheaval -> KJ -> Upheaval -> Dead Mob.
By SimonSes 2018-12-31 16:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

In my WS sheet i have 28k avg on 1000 tp and 42k at 2000 tp (numbers with r15 chango) so it matches I think.

EDIT: Also I was more concerned about how it stands against WSs on other jobs, more than against Reso on WAR. R15 Caladbolg Torcleaver should do something like 33k/50k/62k at 1000/2000/3000TP (assuming moonshade equipped). Catastrophe should be around the same as Matatron and do ~28k. Expiacion on BLU is doing well over 45k at 1000-1250 with TP bonus offhand sword and moonshade, but Expiacion doesn't skillchain with itself and whole setup is slightly limited by accuracy and have much lower white damage. Fudo with overhelm should be doing similar damage to Upheaval at 1000 and 2000 TP. Pyrrhic Kleos on DNC should be doing around ~31k with Saber down and ~34k with 20%DA Saber up, but Pyrrhic doesn't scale with TP and also doesn't chain with itself. Rudra's with Twashtar and TP bonus offhand is even stronger than Pyrrhic, but slightly limited by accuracy, but also amazingly good in zerg with 1hr.
 Asura.Snapster
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-02 02:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What are people using Agoge Cuisses +3 for? The price is high so I'm guessing they are desirable althoughhe only sensible use I can see is a TP piece for the white damage increase. I feel like this will probably lower your DPS compared to other options. Has anyone tried benchmarking this?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-01-02 06:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Also I was more concerned about how it stands against WSs on other jobs

If all your caring about is seeing big WS numbers, then just save to 3K every time....
By SimonSes 2019-01-02 10:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
SimonSes said: »
Also I was more concerned about how it stands against WSs on other jobs

If all your caring about is seeing big WS numbers, then just save to 3K every time....

No no, I meant how it stands against other WSs at 1000TP (with all bonus TP ofc) or at other practical TP thresholds. I simply play many jobs and I'm interested which may works best and more important if I should care enough to make some job, because it is or it is not better in some scenario. In this specific question I was trying to get info of how good is R15 Chango WAR damage wise in regular fight (non zerg, because I know that during 1hr zerg WAR is probably at top spot). I was also trying to see if your practical numbers match the theory in my WS sheet. Thank you for all the info.

One more question, because I can't seem to find updated (or even old) WAR spreadsheet.. Anyone know the DPS of WAR during 1hr zerg (with R15 Chango and/or Great Sword) or can link me updated WAR spreadsheet?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-01-02 10:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You still didn't catch it... average WS damage is only part of the bigger picture. WS frequency exists for a reason.
By SimonSes 2019-01-02 14:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You still didn't catch it... average WS damage is only part of the bigger picture. WS frequency exists for a reason.

Saevel please..

Dont act like you are the only one knowing whats going on. I was just writing in blu forum about nin white damage loss possibly being more important than ws gain. My ls constantly jokes about me care for details in whole dps.

I asked you about ws damage because it was something you can confirm from practice, but my sheet also has white damage calculations and tp per round calculations, but those have far less variables and are far easier to calculate without errors. So please dont treat me like some ignorant, because every person in ffxi community who knows me will tell you that its exactly the opposite.
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-03 11:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been looking over TP phase sets for Chango as gear has changed a lot since I have actually played WAR. I feel like there are a lot of options and what's best will depend on what COR rolls you have. I'm assuming 5/5 Berserk and 5/5 Warcry Recast merits (you can replaced 5/5 Berserk with 5/5 Double Attack if you don't need the attack.)

ItemSet 364223
ItemSet 364221
ItemSet 364222

Fighter's Roll + Samurai Roll -> Fighter's Roll Set
Fighter's Roll -> Fighter's Roll Set
Samurai Roll -> Samurai Roll Set
No Roll -> Base Set

It might be worth using Dedition Earring over Cessance (8 STP vs 3 DA 3 STP) although I'm trying to maintain 1250+ accuracy to simplify things. If you're really looking to spruce things up you can conditionally swap in some of the Fighter's Roll pieces (including a STP+10 mantle) based on roll potency. Roll potency is going to very between 19~34.
By Taint 2019-01-03 12:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Arco hands?
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-03 12:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

10 Store TP is better than 6 Double Attack unless you have Samurai Roll and no Fighter's Roll.
By Taint 2019-01-03 12:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Snapster said: »
10 Store TP is better than 6 Double Attack unless you have Samurai Roll and no Fighter's Roll.

Better than flamma+2 and Emicho+1?
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-03 12:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

10 Store TP is certainly better than 6 and 7 Store TP. You can maybe make a case for Flamma because of the 8 Critical Hit Rate but I feel like white damage builds fail in general.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-07 07:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This might be a dumb question, but is the 25 STP you get in gear from having fighters roll really worth the ~53% attack you lose from not having regal 11 Chaos?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-01-07 07:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »
This might be a dumb question, but is the 25 STP you get in gear from having fighters roll really worth the ~53% attack you lose from not having regal 11 Chaos?

If you are attack capped anyway then yes. Warrior has a ton of natural attack along with it's own built in 35% attack boost JA that's almost full time and an additional 19.9% from JT. Honor March and Minuets and Fury / Frailty tend to naturally cap WAR on most any content that's not resistant to Geomancy. The extra Store TP powers up the next WS since Upheaval, King's Justice and Resolution all scale very well with TP.
By SimonSes 2019-01-07 07:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well fighter roll and samurai roll combo is probably better for fights, where you would cap attack anyway with other buffs and debuffs. Im cant give you an example of fight like this, which is not a 1hr zerg tho, but there are some for sure.

Or like Saevel mentioned if your composition is made out of dds who wont suffer from not having chaos roll like for example WAR who can ride berserk.
 Odin.Eohuo
Server: Odin
user: Eohuo
By Odin.Eohuo 2019-01-07 10:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Everyone, I have been building out my WAR for a bit now and wanted to see if I could get some input on current TP and Upheaval sets.

TP:
ItemSet 364308

Upheaval:
ItemSet 364306

Ultimately, I feel that my upheaval set needs a bit more acc and TP set is really just missing upgraded af and a couple omen pieces. But I would love to hear if there are any quick fixes for a bump in either. Cheers.

Edit: these are really intended for standard use in things like dyna/omen without max buffs.
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-07 10:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The purpose of the swaps isn't to advocate the use of Fighter's Roll, rather just to optimize situations where you happen to have it.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-07 16:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The purpose of the swaps isn't to advocate the use of Fighter's Roll, rather just to optimize situations where you happen to have it.

Fair
By SimonSes 2019-01-07 19:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darksniper said: »
Current Upheaval set:

ItemSet 364319

Odys hand Vit 9, Acc 17, Att 17, WSD4
Odys leg Vit 5 Acc 28, Att 4, WSD 4

what you guys think of this set? Idea's appreciated...

I think that you should at least check few pages back first before posting lol. Almost the same set was posted a page ago. The only difference being a belt.
By DaneBlood 2019-01-08 21:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

qucik question as ihave to make a quick choice whcih mythic to start.

Is conquer worth it?
as in is it still a top tier weapon?
consider chango might be far away ( f at all)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-01-09 07:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
qucik question as ihave to make a quick choice whcih mythic to start.

Is conquer worth it?
as in is it still a top tier weapon?
consider chango might be far away ( f at all)

From earlier

Best for what exactly?

Pure DPS is something R15 Chango Upheaval spam followed distantly by Mont / Raetic Reso Spam. R15 Conq likely fits in there too with KJ. Ukon has nice melee damage but it's WS sucks which is very bad with how WAR works. Bravura is a utility weapon for hybrid builds and is amazing at that. At R15 MT deals respectable damage while maintaining broke AM. Rag is an accuracy swap.

Conq will be weaker then Chango but can still be competitive, especially if you can upgrade it to R15. Of course if your having trouble clearing T4 HELM's then your going to have a bigger issue clearing Wave3 Dyna boss's.
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-01-09 09:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not much for doing theoretical sets in a spreadsheet. I prefer doing the testing myself while swapping out pieces. But at this point I am about 5 or 6 kills from getting my Chango. Seeing it's a Multi Attack WS, has anyone done a hybrid WSDmg/MA set to see how that does? Maybe swapping out the legs on the set listed above to the AF legs for more MA? Just curious on thoughts. Thanks.
 Shiva.Darksniper
Server: Shiva
user: Tshi
By Shiva.Darksniper 2019-01-09 12:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Simon did mention before that Af+3 feet might out perform Sulev feet but please do confirm this.
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-09 12:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I mentioned this when I posted that set. It's literally a hybrid set with multi attack gear (War. Beads +2, Ioskeha Belt +1, Brutal Earring, Niqmaddu Ring) over other options typically used for high FTP WS. Seems like he didn't read the post. There's another set in the same post with more multi attack (Sulevia Hands/Legs) that is also nice because it has reasonable amounts of attack/accuracy and the multi attack is good for Upheaval. You can also sub in relic +3 feet if you need more accuracy. Relic legs are not a good choice because they have 0 attack.
By SimonSes 2019-01-09 12:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it was me mentioning AF+3 >.>
 Sylph.Darkside
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-01-09 15:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I mentioned this when I posted that set. It's literally a hybrid set with multi attack gear (War. Beads +2, Ioskeha Belt +1, Brutal Earring, Niqmaddu Ring) over other options typically used for high FTP WS. Seems like he didn't read the post. There's another set in the same post with more multi attack (Sulevia Hands/Legs) that is also nice because it has reasonable amounts of attack/accuracy and the multi attack is good for Upheaval. You can also sub in relic +3 feet if you need more accuracy. Relic legs are not a good choice because they have 0 attack.
I did read the post. I don't trust spreadsheets. I was hoping someone could tell their findings actually in game. Your post said specifically you were surprised what you found on your spreadsheet...
By Staleyx 2019-01-12 07:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ended up making a Labraunda for fun/lockstyle last night. If you had to pick a path which would be best for messing arojnd on lower tier stuff?
 Sylph.Atigev
By Sylph.Atigev 2019-01-12 10:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Darkside said: »
I did read the post. I don't trust spreadsheets. I was hoping someone could tell their findings actually in game. Your post said specifically you were surprised what you found on your spreadsheet...
Darkside this is my set I have been doing really well with (this is base set up to 1800 tp then it changes slightly)

sets.WS.Upheaval = {
ammo="Knobkierrie",
head={ name="Agoge Mask +3", augments={'Enhances "Savagery" effect',}},
body="Pumm. Lorica +3",
hands="Sulev. Gauntlets +2",
legs="Pumm. Cuisses +3",
feet="Pumm. Calligae +3",
neck="War. Beads +2",
waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
left_ear="Telos Earring",
right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
left_ring="Regal Ring",
right_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'VIT+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','VIT+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
}
Fairly sure its either just like a set posted already or very very similar. It works well.
First Page 2 3 ... 132 133 134 ... 224 225 226