The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 131 132 133 ... 224 225 226
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-12-18 21:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't see it mentioned but Eletta lance is looking good.

DMG:293 Delay:480 Accuracy+30 Attack+20 Magic Accuracy+30 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+10 Magic Damage+217 Polearm skill +231 Parrying skill +231 Magic Accuracy skill +231

Magic Accuracy Skill is higher than normal, also has Magic Acc+30, Higher base DMG than Blurred Lance as well

Seems to be a nice piercing option and the macc can stick leg sweeps if needed with the same potency on par with a RMEA polearm.
[+]
 Asura.Snapster
Server: Asura
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2018-12-22 13:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Epaminoda's Ring worth using for Upheaval? I'm on the fence about it. 5 WSD is nice but it comes with Store TP -10. Regal and Niqmaddu have great stats. Looking at the WS damage on the spreadsheet (the only thing I used these for) showed average WS damage go down when swapping out Niqmaddu. WS damage went up slightly when swapping out Regal although I forced attack/accuracy capped situations. The overall DPS went down (I'm guessing because of the STP -10). That said it's a spreadsheet.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-12-23 01:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Snapster said: »
Is Epaminoda's Ring worth using for Upheaval? I'm on the fence about it. 5 WSD is nice but it comes with Store TP -10. Regal and Niqmaddu have great stats. Looking at the WS damage on the spreadsheet (the only thing I used these for) showed average WS damage go down when swapping out Niqmaddu. WS damage went up slightly when swapping out Regal although I forced attack/accuracy capped situations. The overall DPS went down (I'm guessing because of the STP -10). That said it's a spreadsheet.

I feel like they can be close for Upheaval and Torcleaver.

Epa hands down if the store TP will be a factor.
Regal for single hit WS with lower delay weapons (Torcleaver or Scourge with Calad/Rag)

I figure it this way, though my logic is probably flawed for Upheaval.

10 VIT= 2 WSDMG
10 STR= 1.25-1.5% WSDMG on Upheaval/Torcleaver since fSTR helps.
10 DEX= .25% WSDMG with Utu Grip. Not to mention a boost to accuracy.
Attack+ Helps if uncapped as well.
You also have the set effect/accuracy as a boost.
Store TP= Neutral compared to Epa. This means you can probably wear some more Double Attack gear.

Thoughts?
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2018-12-23 02:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming 1 Double Attack on Upheaval, the 10 Store TP will give around 17 additional TP. This is something like 0.5~0.62% more damage on Upheaval (ignoring xhit effects.) If you take into account the dimished returns on adding more Weapon Skill Damage, this translates into around 0.75~1.0 more WSD. If you add that into your approximations they are almost identical (Regal vs Epa) not accounting for any gains from the attack/accuracy. I think I'll stick with Regal. Epa seems best for 1 handed weaponkills where the Store TP doesn't affect as much. It might also be okay for Torcleaver or other 1 hit WS.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-23 09:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Store TP ~always~ is important, this is because it effects your TP return and thus how long it takes you to get your next WS. And even if it doesn't change the x-hit, it still lowers the TP overflow that would of made the next WS more powerful. Basically your gonna need to redesign your TP sets around something like that and see what the actual reduction in TP gain looks like.
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2018-12-23 13:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some more experimentation with the spreadsheet with Regal Ring vs Epaminoda's Ring. Removing the -10 Store TP on fodder showed that the WS average was higher for Epaminoda's Ring although the overall DPS was lower if the -10 Store TP was not removed. Removing the Store TP -10 and adding a TP Bonus of 13 to the Regal Ring set had the Regal Ring set winning. I feel like the napkin math and spreadsheets all point to Regal Ring winning in all situations, even trivial fodder mobs, and this is when the attack and accuracy from Regal Ring are ignored.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2018-12-24 01:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been looking at Upheaval sets for part of today. I'm surprised by what I have found to be best, at least according to the spreadsheet.

ItemSet 364039

For Odyssean augments you'd want 15 VIT 4 WSD and as much accuracy and attack as you can get. Double Attack performs well against WSD. This makes sense because Upheaval is a hybrid between high fTP single hit WS and low fTP multihit WS. I was surprised to see how well choices like Pummeler's Calligae +3 stood up to Sulevia's Leggings +2. They actually win if you're benchmarking fodder mobs when fSTR is capped. It's also interesting to see that Warrior's Beads +2 and Ioskeha +1 are BiS.

For most situations (uncapped attack or needing some accuracy or both) you'll probably want this set.

ItemSet 364041

I'm making the assumption that your odyssean augments aren't perfect. Swapping in Agoge Lorica +3 seems potentially useful for some situations. It has 6 DA, which won't add as much as 10 WSD and the additional STR/VIT, but it comes with 50 more attack.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2018-12-26 21:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If you had to rank all the available REMA GA/GS for WAR right now, what would be the hierarchy of best weapon?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-26 22:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

chango and not worry about the rest
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-12-26 22:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that pretty much covers it.

Chango >>>>> every other option.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-26 22:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Best for what exactly?

Pure DPS is something R15 Chango Upheaval spam followed distantly by Mont / Raetic Reso Spam. R15 Conq likely fits in there too with KJ. Ukon has nice melee damage but it's WS sucks which is very bad with how WAR works. Bravura is a utility weapon for hybrid builds and is amazing at that. At R15 MT deals respectable damage while maintaining broke AM. Rag is an accuracy swap.
[+]
 Sylph.Atigev
By Sylph.Atigev 2018-12-27 10:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I would agree with Chango, although I am doing Conq atm and am pleased with the results (pleased is not saying its better lol but big improvement to what it was, like very noticeable. Kind of curious how the gap will look once I get it R15.) And yeah I totally agree with Saevel here, couldnt have said it better.
By Taint 2018-12-27 13:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Atigev said: »
I would agree with Chango, although I am doing Conq atm and am pleased with the results (pleased is not saying its better lol but big improvement to what it was, like very noticeable. Kind of curious how the gap will look once I get it R15.) And yeah I totally agree with Saevel here, couldnt have said it better.

Conq. for sure got better since KJ was solid to begin with. The issue is Chango got a buff to WARs strongest GA WS.

Chango is king.
 Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker 2018-12-27 13:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anybody posted a %100 da bis build non dark matter augs, browsing through the pages trying to locate, 100%da 50 store tp total /sam subbed one if that is the correct one. Thx
By SimonSes 2018-12-27 15:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker said: »
Has anybody posted a %100 da bis build nin dark matter augs, browsing through the pages trying to locate, 100%da 50 store tp total /sam subbed one if that is the correct one. Thx

You dont need DM augments for 100%DA build.

ItemSet 363018

28% base
5% merits
7% neck
3% ear1
5% ear2
7% Val body
6% hands
10% back
9% belt
11% legs
9% feet

Total 3%QA 5%TA 100%DA

And I doubt anyone would bother to make possible 100% DA max STP build with DM augments because for that you can just use your own logic and replace everything with val/ody pieces with max DA/STP DM augments, but what's the point to post that? You don't farm something like +DA +STP DM augments (because you might not get any in 1000 tries on one piece), but if you get them, you build the set around them if they are good enough.
 Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker 2018-12-27 16:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx boss, that's exactly what I was able to come up with .
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-27 16:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anybody posted a %100 da bis build non dark matter augs, browsing through the pages trying to locate, 100%da 50 store tp total /sam subbed one if that is the correct one. Thx

Simon posted what is basically the "standard" TP build for most of WAR's weapons. Only three items that get swapped around are the Ammo / Legs and Flamma Ring depending on the flavor of the build. Yetshia +1 is pretty beastly if your crit rate is going to be high, the Relic legs are similarly nice and there is a TA +2 ring along with a Chirich +1 ring. Really just minor modifications but that setup is what you should be going for as default.
By Taint 2018-12-27 17:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it ever make sense to use a stp back?
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2018-12-27 17:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

During Brazen Rush
 Sylph.Atigev
By Sylph.Atigev 2018-12-27 18:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Has anybody posted a %100 da bis build nin dark matter augs, browsing through the pages trying to locate, 100%da 50 store tp total /sam subbed one if that is the correct one. Thx

You dont need DM augments for 100%DA build.

ItemSet 363018

28% base
5% merits
7% neck
3% ear1
5% ear2
7% Val body
6% hands
10% back
9% belt
11% legs
9% feet

Total 3%QA 5%TA 100%DA

And I doubt anyone would bother to make possible 100% DA max STP build with DM augments because for that you can just use your own logic and replace everything with val/ody pieces with max DA/STP DM augments, but what's the point to post that? You don't farm something like +DA +STP DM augments (because you might not get any in 1000 tries on one piece), but if you get them, you build the set around them if they are good enough.
This is factoring in Sam Roll? I was toying some today and ended up changing to flamma +2 gloves to hit +41 stp (so +56 /sam total) (that and petrov are the only changes for me) I wasnt including Sam Roll though (was intentional in this case) was trying to find a way to keep DA max and and a 4 hit without the roll but couldt keep sulev gloves in without giving up something else (like DA on val body, or brutal for dedition) There is also the posibilty i missed a number somewhere. lol
 Sylph.Atigev
By Sylph.Atigev 2018-12-27 18:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Does it ever make sense to use a stp back?
I use one with Conq AM3.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-27 22:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Treat Sam's roll as an upgrade to your X-hit, meaning you build for a 5-hit and expect Sam's roll to upgrade it to a 4-hit.
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2018-12-29 11:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Snapster said: »
I've been looking at Upheaval sets for part of today. I'm surprised by what I have found to be best, at least according to the spreadsheet.

For Odyssean augments you'd want 15 VIT 4 WSD and as much accuracy and attack as you can get. Double Attack performs well against WSD. This makes sense because Upheaval is a hybrid between high fTP single hit WS and low fTP multihit WS. I was surprised to see how well choices like Pummeler's Calligae +3 stood up to Sulevia's Leggings +2. They actually win if you're benchmarking fodder mobs when fSTR is capped. It's also interesting to see that Warrior's Beads +2 and Ioskeha +1 are BiS.

For most situations (uncapped attack or needing some accuracy or both) you'll probably want this set.

I'm making the assumption that your odyssean augments aren't perfect. Swapping in Agoge Lorica +3 seems potentially useful for some situations. It has 6 DA, which won't add as much as 10 WSD and the additional STR/VIT, but it comes with 50 more attack.
Neck and waist beat out fotia???
 Sylph.Atigev
By Sylph.Atigev 2018-12-29 11:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

For upheaval yes, it doesnt replicate the ftp like other's do *cough reso im looking at you!* so the belts do offer some benefits but not as big as these WS:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:FTP_Replicating_WS
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2018-12-29 11:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. I've still been using fotia. Thanks!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-29 11:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Upheaval has multiple hits along with the first being a large amount of damage, this makes MA's pretty decent for adding damage so it's understandable that Ioska +1 and Beads +2 beat out +0.195 on the first hits fTP . KJ works the exact same way btw but actually gets interesting if using a Conq with AM3 (for extra hits on WS).
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-31 14:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Got done messing around with R15 Chango and it's a beast, stupidly powerful beast, definitely better then Reso spam.

Also tested Bravura since that's my next one to upgrade, currently at R7. MT is extremely consistent at 26K damage under same conditions.
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-12-31 14:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Got done messing around with R15 Chango and it's a beast, stupidly powerful beast, definitely better then Reso spam.

Also tested Bravura since that's my next one to upgrade, currently at R7. MT is extremely consistent at 26K damage under same conditions.

Whats your avg Upheavals with R15 Chango?
First Page 2 3 ... 131 132 133 ... 224 225 226