First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Wyattdoc
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: wyattdoc1
By Asura.Wyattdoc 2012-12-27 20:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

•and because im bored with this agument

In or about 2006, there were about 60 million (actually closer to 58M, but we'll use the rounded-up number to be kind to hopolophobes) people in the UK as a whole, including Scotland.

In England and Wales alone — discounting Scotland — there were over 163 thousand knife crimes.

By the end of 2006, there were more than 300 million people in the US as a whole.

In the US as a whole, there were fewer than 400 thousand gun crimes.

In the UK, based on these numbers, there was one knife crime commited for every 374 people (rounded down).

In the US, based on these numbers, there was one gun crime committed for every 750 people — less than half a gun crime per 374 people (about 0.4987 gun crimes per 374 people, actually).

That means that, based on these statistics, you are more than twice as likely to be a victim of knife crime in the UK as you are to be a victim of gun crime in the US.
[+]
By charlo999 2012-12-27 20:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wyattdoc said: »
what if the person he went at had a gun????
sorry id rather protect myself from idiots like this instead of taking my chances of surrviving

Instead what if pupils were checked and no one had anything? Rather than giving more options for death out.
By charlo999 2012-12-27 20:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

•and because im bored with this agument

In or about 2006, there were about 60 million (actually closer to 58M, but we'll use the rounded-up number to be kind to hopolophobes) people in the UK as a whole, including Scotland.

In England and Wales alone — discounting Scotland — there were over 163 thousand knife crimes.

By the end of 2006, there were more than 300 million people in the US as a whole.

In the US as a whole, there were fewer than 400 thousand gun crimes.

In the UK, based on these numbers, there was one knife crime commited for every 374 people (rounded down).

In the US, based on these numbers, there was one gun crime committed for every 750 people — less than half a gun crime per 374 people (about 0.4987 gun crimes per 374 people, actually).

That means that, based on these statistics, you are more than twice as likely to be a victim of knife crime in the UK as you are to be a victim of gun crime in the US.

To prove a point here you would have to add USA s knife crime to its gun crime and do the same with uk. Then only account for fatalitlies. Of course knife crime is gonna be higher, because our gun crime is low. If we banned knives bat crime would prob increase.

Funny how 2006 was chosen as a blanket statement too. Other years say differently?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-12-27 20:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly all your efforts are in vain, it's part of our constitution and isn't changing. There is a reasons Americans would rather be here than the U.K.
[+]
 Asura.Wyattdoc
By Asura.Wyattdoc 2012-12-27 20:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
sorry id rather protect myself from idiots like this instead of taking my chances of surrviving

Instead what if pupils were checked and no one had anything? Rather than giving more options for death out.[/qu[quote='charlo999' pid=2147462]

Instead what if pupils were checked and no one had anything? Rather than giving more options for death out.

again you fail to see the point He did not own the gun he stole the gun, Therefore gun control laws solve nothing just like our drug laws they only effect those that do not break the law. Does not stop some sort of attack. nor was what happened here from a pupil
[+]
By charlo999 2012-12-27 20:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead what if pupils were checked and no one had anything? Rather than giving more options for death out.[/qu[quote='charlo999' pid=2147462]

again you fail to see the point He did not own the gun he stole the gun, Therefore gun control laws solve nothing just like our drug laws they only effect those that do not break the law. Does not stop some sort of attack. nor was what happened here from a pupil

Your right his mum owned the guns. Guess what? Ban them and then his mum can't get them, meaning neither can he
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-12-27 20:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Your right his mum owned the guns. Guess what? Ban them and then his mum can't get them, meaning neither can he

Only ignorant people think prohibition of any kind can truly work.
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2012-12-27 20:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

To prove a point here you would have to add USA s knife crime to its gun crime and do the same with uk. Then only account for fatalitlies. Of course knife crime is gonna be higher, because our gun crime is low. If we banned knives bat crime would prob increase.

If wma
Actually I think you just reproved his point.
[+]
 Asura.Wyattdoc
By Asura.Wyattdoc 2012-12-27 20:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i forgive you for being miss guided in thinking that people wont choose a diffrent weapon and being nieve that all will be right with the world when law abiding citizens do not have guns not go find another topic to stink up with your dethreading.

my gun ofchoice
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-27 21:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cossack said: »

If wma
Actually I think you just reproved his point.

Not really, for one the originally quoted data uses an extreme estimate of knife crime rates in the UK vs. a median gun crime rate in the US. It also ignores the fact that individuals are much more likely to die during a robbery, assault etc. when the perpetrator is armed with a gun than if the perpetrator is armed with a knife or any other weapon. It also ignores the fact that knife and gun crime exist and both countries, so comparing one to the other sort of sidesteps reality.

That said, prohibition still doesn't work.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-12-27 21:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

i forgive you for being miss guided in thinking that people wont choose a diffrent weapon and being nieve that all will be right with the world when law abiding citizens do not have guns not go find another topic to stink up with your dethreading.

my gun ofchoice

Very nice piece, my first was a Ruger P95 DAO, the trigger was terrible. I sold it and put money toward my M&P40. I'd get the P95 again if I could in SA/DA. I'd love a Ruger in 45ACP though based on the P-Series.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2012-12-27 21:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as I love the company of other responsible gun owners, I know we don't need this thread to be a debate.

Clearly we are listing our firearms we own and talking nicely about it. Other threads are up for debate. Tired of party poopers who want to but in on a subject derailing the OP.
[+]
By charlo999 2012-12-27 21:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is to lessen the risk of death with whichever weapon these nutters have available and then improve tackling these people as early as we can.
Or are you telling me you would rather your chances vs a gun or a knife?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-12-27 21:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is to lessen the risk of death with whichever weapon these nutters have available and then improve tackling these people as early as we can.

You should go preach your ideals to a brick wall, maybe it will listen.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2012-12-27 21:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

You should go preach your ideals to a brick wall, maybe it will listen.
Hell, take it to the other thread, that is more of a debate.
[+]
By charlo999 2012-12-27 21:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignorance, nice. Enjoy your ego stroking about your needless gun collections of shotguns, machine guns, etc that serve no purpose. While the rest of us think of ways to make the world safer for your families to live in, and respect those that have died. I'm going to bed.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2012-12-27 21:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignorance, nice. Enjoy your ego stroking about your needless gun collections of shotguns, machine guns, etc that serve no purpose. While the rest of us think of ways to make the world safer for your families to live in, and respect those that have died. I'm going to bed.
Good. Please debate in other thread when you wake. Thank you. Please don't come again. And please do have sweet dreams.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-12-27 21:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Good. Please debate in other thread when you wake. Thank you. Please don't come again. And please do have sweet dreams.

Again, I'm not going to feel bad about my hobby, especially when my career choice involves my hobby to an extent. Sweet dreams little baby.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-12-27 22:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Charlo999 is now sitting in the corner thinking about why he/she ignored the use of tact. Continue thread.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Deces
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2012-12-28 04:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Only in your *** dreams, but you wouldn't know any better being a subject, would you?
 Shiva.Arana
Server: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2012-12-28 04:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Do these count?
 Fenrir.Weakness
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2012-12-28 05:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
In my opinion though I can't understand how this extends past a simple revolver, why do people need fully automatic weapons, shotguns and rifles, for hunting? Yep chasing and killing an animal for sport is kind but that's another matter entirely I suppose.

I was trying to read through the nonsense of the off topic posters in this thread, but I totally came to a complete stop at this one.

Just wut?

There are extremely few people who kill only for sport... and those are the dudes who are out there illegally shooting lions and ***because they can. I mean even the people who don't use all the meat tend to be nice with things. There are several organizations just for this in fact.

http://www.h4hungry.org/

As linked, Hunter's for the Hungry being the one of the biggest. There are even people who give up their hunt just for these causes. Pretty much any wildlife preserve accepts donations, and any kind of big animal/bird rescue as well.

I just can't believe someone would knock on basic survival. Knowing how to hunt and prepare game is something humans have been doing for a reeeeeeeeeeeeally long time...
like since the dawn of man or some ***
. Just because you have a grocery store down the street doesn't mean your instincts magically go away.

And for future reference... yes you do use different types of guns to shoot different types of game. Please show me how to go dove hunting with a bolt action rifle or a pistol.
[+]
 Asura.Wyattdoc
By Asura.Wyattdoc 2012-12-28 06:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

[/quote]

funny thing is i have actually purchased a car from this place lol
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-12-28 22:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Just an update on my 108-ish year old revolver, haters can kindly go to their homepage and argue somewhere else.

Been polishing this for like... 9 hours now between yesterday and today.
The thing was rusted pretty bad, was exposed to cold, smoke and water damage (Uncle's house caught fire 2 christmas ago and was in the attic..) I made the dumb mistake a few months ago of using a sanding sponge to get it off (the damage was reversible.. was a fine grit)

Since then I polished it with a dremmel but did not care for the results. I used mother's aluminum and mag polish for this.

Bit of history on this:

Before Pictures (Wish I took some when I received it from my uncle..):

After Pictures (12/28/2012)
The Cylinder needs more work as does the left side. The right side looks like a mirror while the left looks a little hazy.
[+]
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-12-28 23:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy crap skar good job.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2012-12-29 00:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Some day one of these will be mine, until then SAI will do.
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2012-12-29 00:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

funny thing is i have actually purchased a car from this place lol[/quote]
Do you got any tannerite?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-12-29 01:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Deces said: »
Some day one of these will be mine, until then SAI will do.

Aren't M14 prone to some issues when used on full auto? Or have they been fixed/modified since.

M1A are nice, the stock troy makes seems pretty good. (I love the Chassis on my 10/22)

Ideally I would have a
Ruger 10/22 In an M1A style Stock (Eabco makes them)
A Mini14 in a wood stock
A M1A in a wood stock.

Just to have some kind of family togetherness.

This picture is funny

It looks like a Barret 50 Cal, but it's a Ruger 10/22 (22 rifle) inside of an airsoft shell. it fires and everything. The guy who made it said people at the range wanted him to shoot it away from everyone else (thinking it was loud.) The look on their faces was priceless when he shot it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2012-12-29 01:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

As everything has its problems, most of them for the M14 were on the users end, In WWII we used the M1 Garand at about the same weight I don't recall any stories of it being too heavy. Being of a larger frame helps greatly. I take my nephew out sometimes at just turning 14 it through him off some but still enjoys it. Recently I got a Vltor AR style stock for it, still yet to test it.
If I were you I would get a M1A asap be it a SAI, smith, norinco, polytech, 7.62mm or what ever make you can afford some sell the receivers only too for budgets. they are fun to build and reload for.

When I was 15 I had a choice of a a reasonably priced 22. I wish I had the 10/22 rather than the rem 22, viper, what a pos...
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-12-29 02:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Gave it up a few years ago but Para Ordnance Warthawg in .45 will always be my fav pistol.

I'm not a large guy, else I might have chosen one of it's more-traditional brothers.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11