Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-24 10:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerison said: »
Phoenix.Logical said: »
Aerison said: »
Quote:
Sounds like fun. Waiting for my time with my LS to give this a try, we just don't have enough Geo's right now to pull it off. Question though, Why gokatai in main hand and heishi in offhand? I normally would swap those two since Heishi TP bonus doesn't work in offhand or do Heishi/Hitaki. Is it purely for the regain?

They just put Heishi first when making the set, when making sets the first weapon you add gets bumped to sub slot when you add another.

Oh! That makese sense... I've never made a set in that fashion so was unaware of that. Since we are on the topic, how do people make those gear set inserts? Much appreciated.
ItemSet 109547
[itemset][/ itemset] minus the space in the closing itemset

Neat thanks for the tip!
[+]
By doniishu 2020-09-25 01:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I recall a video of a NIN nuking apex mobs with ninjitsu, can't for the life of me find it. Does anyone remember this or can link it for me please?
 Bismarck.Laureen
Server: Bismarck
user: pawnoee
By Bismarck.Laureen 2020-09-25 01:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko's guide covers ninjitsu apex MB
YouTube Video Placeholder

Pretty sure you can nuke them to death without mb, all you need is 15 ninjitsu (or less if you have support), since most non futae will hit for 10k.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-25 07:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

doniishu said: »
I recall a video of a NIN nuking apex mobs with ninjitsu, can't for the life of me find it. Does anyone remember this or can link it for me please?

Episode 12 goes over gearsets and numbers you should expect to hit on Apex along with examples.

[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
Server: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-09-27 01:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a ninja lua that has AM3 sets built into it for Kannagi AM3 Crit sets and Nagi AM3?
By DianC 2020-09-27 12:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Does INT affect the magic accuracy of ninjutsu enfeebling spells at all?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-27 12:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahadir tested that but I don't remember the outcome.
Check his mega-thread and the following posts!
By DianC 2020-09-28 13:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49638/%E5%BF%8D%E8%A1%93%E4%BD%BF%E3%81%84-the-secret-art-of-ninjutsu-technique/
this one? unfortunately only covers elemental ninjutsu and as far as I understand it doesn't even actually answer that question reliably. I'm specifically wondering whether enfeebling ninjutsu, e.g. Hojo does benefit from int.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2020-09-28 18:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

DianC said: »
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49638/%E5%BF%8D%E8%A1%93%E4%BD%BF%E3%81%84-the-secret-art-of-ninjutsu-technique/
this one? unfortunately only covers elemental ninjutsu and as far as I understand it doesn't even actually answer that question reliably. I'm specifically wondering whether enfeebling ninjutsu, e.g. Hojo does benefit from int.

I dont think so. I believe spells like Hojo, Jubaku etc. are just ninjutsu skill & magic acc
 Carbuncle.Ardentblaze
By Carbuncle.Ardentblaze 2020-09-29 21:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

With all of the new malignance gear and Unity gear, are the tp sets for dual wield and haste cap still up to date and BiS on the main page? Is there an updated tp set list if not?
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-30 07:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ardentblaze said: »
With all of the new malignance gear and Unity gear, are the tp sets for dual wield and haste cap still up to date and BiS on the main page? Is there an updated tp set list if not?

Yes they are still accurate (with exception of Gere ring that should be in place of the Het ring you see and Salifi Belt +1 in place of Windbuffet). You also have to realize that everything is situation specific. Things like kendatsuba +1 legs, kendatsuba +1 feet, brutal earring and cessance earring are all pieces that rotate into and out of the dual wield setups as BiS depending on what weapon your using in the main/offhands and buffs but they are all pretty close to each other in regards to overall DPS.

Here is a video I did back in April going over the DW Sets, may help to understand overall what your looking for.
By ashcrow 2020-09-30 08:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Biglovin said: »
Does anyone have a ninja lua that has AM3 sets built into it for Kannagi AM3 Crit sets and Nagi AM3?

i actually thought about getting a kannagi i crit 99% of the time, but i really need to get my hybrid ws done first.
By ashcrow 2020-09-30 08:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lunatone said: »

I dont think so. I believe spells like Hojo, Jubaku etc. are just ninjutsu skill & magic acc

it is i tried Vd hume without relic head and feets and just used MACC never landed anything outside of blind, but with feets and head i was able to land all enfeebs, want to try on maju, now see if it lands
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2020-09-30 15:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 374589 This is the set I've been using for debuffs, using Marine Stewpot food & focus/languor was able to land kurayami a few times on Maju messing around 3box. Figure just AF head, relic feet and stack macc/skill wherever you can. Havent gotten the ninjutsu skill earring from domain though
edit: Should put you at 525 skill but I'd have to log in and see :/
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-30 16:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Malignance set, or at least hands body legs, and Ullr bow should easily upgrade and be the standard ninjutsu enfeebling set.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-09-30 16:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Malignance set, or at least hands body legs, and Ullr bow should easily upgrade and be the standard ninjutsu enfeebling set.
bow would be a maybe, depends if you want to lose tp or not
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2020-09-30 17:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Your boys still 0/5 ):
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-30 17:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes on harder targets, I don't mind the TP loss if I really need it to land. For something like Maju, that would be the ideal scenario. I have an extra macro for high/max macc, which includes weapon swaps, since I may not be using fudo offhand. For ordinary ninjutsu, not worth the loss of TP I agree.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-30 18:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hachiya+3 head is still BiS for debuffs, I think.
Hachihya+3 feet too, but smaller difference.

Atm I use Malignance Body/Hands/Legs indeed, just like you said.
Cape-wise I have one with INT+20/Macc+30/FC+10.
Aurist's +1 should be slightly better, but very small difference.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-30 19:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I use a mostly universal magic accuracy set for most of my light jobs (ninja, blu, monk, cor etc) so the default is just 5/5 malignance and I swap in the necessary upgrades per job, as that's easier to keep one set vs one for each job. But I use the same set you so mentioned for ninjutsu, though feet are not that great if you aren't using ninjutsu magic accuracy merits.

Ninja cannot use Aurist's +1
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-30 23:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're confusing Mochizuki kyahan +3 with Hachiya Kyahan +3. I was talking about the latter.

Also you're right about Aurist. For some reason I thought it was "all jobs".
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-01 00:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I was commenting on the set above which lists relic+3 feet. 36+15 (merits) +23 ninjutsu skill. Though the artifact feet are probably just as close with the set bonus.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2020-10-01 06:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if someone have made test of this, but did Nagi enimity bonus work in off hands ? (since there is no mention about main hands only on it)

Thks in advance
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-01 06:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Been tested by Capuchin pretty recently. It does not work offhand, sadly.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-10-01 09:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Took more time, because I tried to make it cleaner and also decided to add Gear to make it easier, then decided to automate attack etc.

Let me know if you find errors.

NIN Katana Hybrid WS Calculator

So I'm trying to put together the video on this right now and I'm confused by the adjustment I need to do for the Hitaki. It's damage is way below that of Gokatai which is kind of surprising given the extra boost it gives to http://FTP. Figure maybe it's something I'm doing wrong with the TP field but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Best numbers are achieved with it at 3000TP so for my Heshi/Gokotai that's what it's at. Now when I switch it to Heishi/Hitaki the damage goes way down since it's losing all those Gokotai boost but it doesn't look like it's taking into account the 1000 TP boost from Hitaki. Changing the TP to 2000 in the Heshi/Hitaki setup makes the DPS go down even more so that doesn't seem right to me... what am I doing wrong here bud?
By SimonSes 2020-10-01 09:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Logical said: »
Took more time, because I tried to make it cleaner and also decided to add Gear to make it easier, then decided to automate attack etc.

Let me know if you find errors.

NIN Katana Hybrid WS Calculator

So I'm trying to put together the video on this right now and I'm confused by the adjustment I need to do for the Hitaki. It's damage is way below that of Gokatai which is kind of surprising given the extra boost it gives to http://FTP. Figure maybe it's something I'm doing wrong with the TP field but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Best numbers are achieved with it at 3000TP so for my Heshi/Gokotai that's what it's at. Now when I switch it to Heishi/Hitaki the damage goes way down since it's losing all those Gokotai boost but it doesn't look like it's taking into account the 1000 TP boost from Hitaki. Changing the TP to 2000 in the Heshi/Hitaki setup makes the DPS go down even more so that doesn't seem right to me... what am I doing wrong here bud?

I wanted to explain it, but instead I updated sheet and TP bonus is now automated (It wasnt! and there was note on the right explaining it :P). TP cell is now "Effective TP" and you now should change TP values in cell N18 described as "TP you WS at".
[+]
By DianC 2020-10-01 09:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far

Asura.Sechs said: »
Hachiya+3 head is still BiS for debuffs, I think.
Hachihya+3 feet too, but smaller difference.

Atm I use Malignance Body/Hands/Legs indeed, just like you said.
Cape-wise I have one with INT+20/Macc+30/FC+10.
Aurist's +1 should be slightly better, but very small difference.

Again the INT on the cape. No one has been able to solidly confirm or deny whether INT actually does anything for enfeebling ninjutsu. I originally threw the question out there, because I'm wondering if 60 HP on the cape would simple be more optimal in a hp starved fast cast / macc set.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-10-01 10:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to explain it, but instead I updated sheet and TP bonus is now automated (It wasnt! and there was note on the right explaining it :P). TP cell is now "Effective TP" and you now should change TP values in cell N18 described as "TP you WS at".

Is it adding the 500 from heishi?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-01 10:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Again the INT on the cape.
I simply had no other interesting option to put in there.
Does it work to confer ninjutsu further accuracy to land its debuffing effects?
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.
HP+ or MP+ surely won't and it's not like you have any other interesting option in that specific slot, it's just pure, raw stats.

I don't really care for other stats in that category, but of course your mileage may vary.
By SimonSes 2020-10-01 10:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »

Is it adding the 500 from heishi?

Now it does! Sorry, doing this while taking care of kid. His ill and cant go to daycare today XD
First Page 2 3 ... 200 201 202 ... 253 254 255