The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 201 202 203 ... 253 254 255
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-01 10:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I still haven't had a chance to test the surely magnificent job Simon has done with this awesome tool for all the NIN community.

I was wondering though -sorry if this sound unappropriate of me to ask- but could it be feasible in the future for Langly and Simon to cooperate so that the Hybrid WS calculator gets integrated into Langly's spreadsheet?
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-10-01 10:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Phoenix.Logical said: »
Took more time, because I tried to make it cleaner and also decided to add Gear to make it easier, then decided to automate attack etc.

Let me know if you find errors.

NIN Katana Hybrid WS Calculator

So I'm trying to put together the video on this right now and I'm confused by the adjustment I need to do for the Hitaki. It's damage is way below that of Gokatai which is kind of surprising given the extra boost it gives to http://FTP. Figure maybe it's something I'm doing wrong with the TP field but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Best numbers are achieved with it at 3000TP so for my Heshi/Gokotai that's what it's at. Now when I switch it to Heishi/Hitaki the damage goes way down since it's losing all those Gokotai boost but it doesn't look like it's taking into account the 1000 TP boost from Hitaki. Changing the TP to 2000 in the Heshi/Hitaki setup makes the DPS go down even more so that doesn't seem right to me... what am I doing wrong here bud?

I wanted to explain it, but instead I updated sheet and TP bonus is now automated (It wasnt! and there was note on the right explaining it :P). TP cell is now "Effective TP" and you now should change TP values in cell N18 described as "TP you WS at".

Thanks! Yea I saw that note but I couldn't figure out what to change that 3000 to when I switched to Hitaki. Switching to 2000 made the DPS number go down so when that didn't work so that's when I decided to ask for help lol

Looks to be working much better now

Edit... looks like you already fixed heishi Thanks!
By Thunderjet 2020-10-01 11:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i have 1420 acc with sushi only, my question is if i get the katana tp bonus would it be worth it to add up for heishi Blade ten set as offhand?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-10-01 11:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

yes if you can hit stuff

also if you can hit stuff with a non ilv weapon too, might as well just use savage its better lol.
By Thunderjet 2020-10-01 11:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
yes if you can hit stuff

also if you can hit stuff with a non ilv weapon too, might as well just use savage its better lol.
xD
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-10-01 15:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Episode 21 of A Guide To Ninja is out. This one covering Elite Blade: Chi, To and Teki gearsets. Thanks to Simon for making this video far more accurate then it was going to be and for making the spreadsheet for us!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-10-01 16:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

time to watch DM double in price! JK lol. I dont think I have ever seen one DM aug with 10 wsd and 50 mab, let alone a person who could get all slotts like that. Maybe one day if rmt keep farming the DM and plummeting prices hehe.
 Asura.Kitfoxtrot
user: foxtrot
By Asura.Kitfoxtrot 2020-10-02 22:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Right on, vid looking good and thanks for updated spread sheet.

Again I'd recommend something like To > Tekki > Shun > Shun action for skill chain, getting around Kamu was kind of one of the main reasons I started exploring hybrid ws myself. Can get real stupid if ya want too doing chi > tekki > to > etc or tekki > to > tekkifor bunch of lvl1 sc's into final raidence. Probably dont want to use tp bonus offhand if you're using to/tekki though, that low base damage kind of really hurts the ws not to mention most sets already lacking in acc now you're missing ilvl offhand to boot.
[+]
By pawnoee 2020-10-03 03:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

@Logical : Thank you for all your videos, they are amazing.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2020-10-03 04:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Been tested by Capuchin pretty recently. It does not work offhand, sadly.

since i use that in my lua :
Code
function job_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.skill == "Ninjutsu" then
        do_ninja_tool_checks(spell, spellMap, eventArgs)
    end
    if spellMap == 'Utsusemi' then
        if buffactive['Copy Image (3)'] or buffactive['Copy Image (4+)'] or buffactive['Copy Image'] or buffactive['Copy Image (2)'] then
            send_command('cancel 66; cancel 444; cancel 445; cancel 446; cancel 447; cancel 448; cancel 449')
        end
    end
end

The enimity from Fudo work in precast or midcast to know if i should keep Nagi main hand or swap Fudo R25 in midcast ?
By SimonSes 2020-10-03 04:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
The enimity from Fudo work in precast or midcast to know if i should keep Nagi main hand or swap Fudo R25 in midcast ?

No enmity in game works in precast (inb4 I'm talking about spells).

If you wanted to ask if you get enmity from Utususemi shadows that you are currently trying to cast when you dont have any shadows before the cast, then no you get +0 enmity then for that Utusuemi cast.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2020-10-03 05:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »

No enmity in game works in precast (inb4 I'm talking about spells).

If you wanted to ask if you get enmity from Utususemi shadows that you are currently trying to cast when you dont have any shadows before the cast, then no you get +0 enmity then for that Utusuemi cast.

So with this lua rules, Nagi main hands is the best option.

Thks
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-10-05 03:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

what's the consensus on nin merits these days? i did subtle blow for times not in kendatsuba and 5/5 ice for darkness mb. on elemental ninjutsu with macc/mab in group two.
By Thunderjet 2020-10-05 07:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusare said: »
what's the consensus on nin merits these days? i did subtle blow for times not in kendatsuba and 5/5 ice for darkness mb. on elemental ninjutsu with macc/mab in group two.

i went with ration and some subtle blow i might re merit to have a chance on killing stellar VD seems to hit me 2300 with his light blade cant always have migiwari up coz of dispels, will try yonin build instead of nuke nerf really hurt our magic spells, cant go over 23k nukes on nin MB Prebuffs
By Izanami 2020-10-05 14:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja actually has some good merit options. Since getting merits is incredibly fast these days, I usually swap my merits around based on what I plan to do. Here's what I think about NIN merits:

Group1:

Group2:

While I'm already posting here: Here's another link to the official forum post I made detailing some requested Ninja job adjustments. It has gotten 545 views and three comments so far. Let's keep it up and try to get a developer response. Feel free to post it on the Japanese official forum as well. My subscription ended a while ago so I'm unable to post on the forums until I resubscribe in a few months.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-05 23:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

In not sure on the consensus.
Personally I went 5/5 on hyoton and raiton in group 1

For group 2, after being a f supporter of sange for several years, I recently moved to ninjutsu macc/mab
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-05 23:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I put 1 merit in Sange just to unlock it. There are times where I'm not necessarily haste capped or I want to guarantee I can SC, I pop it and use a date shuriken. It's very rare. 95% of the time, I don't bother using it.
By pawnoee 2020-10-06 01:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I use merits for MB (30k to 40k on apex bats, no buffs besides innin)
g1 : hyoton and raiton(donar gun bonus)
g2 : innin (for the sweet MB%) and mab
By Thunderjet 2020-10-08 23:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

EVERY NINJA RIGHT NOW I SWEAR
[+]
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2020-10-09 14:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »

EVERY NINJA RIGHT NOW I SWEAR

LOL !!!!!!

Said it all XD
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-10-15 15:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Episode 22 of A Guide To Ninja is out covering the final Weapon Skill I have yet to cover... Savage Blade.

6 Episodes to go that will cover Accuracy, Magic Accuracy, Evaasion, Magic Evasion, Magic Defense and Max HP and then we will have covered all the gearsets.

[+]
By Izanami 2020-10-16 15:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Episode 22 of A Guide To Ninja is out covering the final Weapon Skill I have yet to cover... Savage Blade.

The church of the Naegling NIN welcomes all who wish to join! I'm still convinced that Shun+Savage and Savage+Shun+Shun both beat every Katana weaponskill combination. There may be exceptions for To+Teki+Shun+Shun and similar skillchains in the very specific situations that those actually do something. From my experience: Naegling+Hitaki paired with Heishi is still BiS for self-skillchaining on Ninja while accuracy and haste capped.

I'm 4/4 R15 NIN REMA, but I probably use Heishi or Naegling pretty evenly 80% of the time. I've never seen R15 Kannagi perform well enough to make it anything but a lockstyle/amnesia piece. Even Nagi gets more actual use after all that Blade: Chi discussion this forum had recently.

Of course I'm going mention my official forum post again. We're up to 754 views and 7 comments, which is a relatively high comment/view ratio for the official Ninja forum. Let's keep it up! Don't forget to read, share, and comment to maybe get a real Ninja update one of these days.

Somebody recently commented about enfeebling shuriken. I can't reply on the OF since I'm not subscribed at the moment, but that's a pretty fun idea and can be tied to Sange for balance.
For example: A new stat on Happo Shuriken: "Sange: Applies Defense Down"
This could be further balanced with a base proc rate of 20% and an additional +20% per merit.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-10-17 08:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Izanami said: »

The church of the Naegling NIN welcomes all who wish to join! I'm still convinced that Shun+Savage and Savage+Shun+Shun both beat every Katana weaponskill combination. There may be exceptions for To+Teki+Shun+Shun and similar skillchains in the very specific situations that those actually do something. From my experience: Naegling+Hitaki paired with Heishi is still BiS for self-skillchaining on Ninja while accuracy and haste capped.

I'm 4/4 R15 NIN REMA, but I probably use Heishi or Naegling pretty evenly 80% of the time. I've never seen R15 Kannagi perform well enough to make it anything but a lockstyle/amnesia piece. Even Nagi gets more actual use after all that Blade: Chi discussion this forum had recently.

Of course I'm going mention my official forum post again. We're up to 754 views and 7 comments, which is a relatively high comment/view ratio for the official Ninja forum. Let's keep it up! Don't forget to read, share, and comment to maybe get a real Ninja update one of these days.

Somebody recently commented about enfeebling shuriken. I can't reply on the OF since I'm not subscribed at the moment, but that's a pretty fun idea and can be tied to Sange for balance.
This could be further balanced with a base proc rate of 20% and an additional +20% per merit.

Note that my reference to Shun-Shun or Hi-Hi being better is in trust buffed situations. In those situations I'm getting around 4kDPS with Shun\Savage 4.5k with Hi/Hi and 6k-7k with Shun/Shun or Mulstistep so it is a pretty dramatic difference at this buff level. That all goes out the window of course once you are buffed and the attack bonus from shun is no longer beneficial but I don't find myself doing Shun\Savage in those buffed party situations and just normally end up savage spamming.
By SimonSes 2020-10-17 08:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats the worst idea possible unless its gonna be unique def down effect like steps or dia. If its gonna be in same group as other def down, then it would need to be like -35% def down to make a deifference. Both are highly unlikely. With something like -25% def down its gonna be only easier to apply than tachi: ageha while playing solo, but still nothing that cannot be done already. Also NIN already have tools to fight in low attack scenario (Kamu and Shun and :Hi). Pushing cratio up will probably only kills versatility by pushing other WSs like jin and Savage to break even in low buff scenario. Also putting that on Sange would be a big middle finger lol. Def down on 3 min recast ability that is only 100% when 5/5 Sange is something that can be signed by Tanaka..

If thats your idea of
a real Ninja update
then maybe its good you cant post XD
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-17 09:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Could use some more ilevel shurikens.
Personally, after years of promoting Sange (it's NIN's only DPS cooldown, after all) and after creating the most complicated and, I thought, most safe method to handle Shuriken swapping during Sange.
Well, after years, as I was saying, I just gave up and removed Sange merits.
Was pissed of losing Happo+1 shurikens because of packets being lost, *** it >_>
[+]
By Izanami 2020-10-17 10:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Note that my reference to Shun-Shun or Hi-Hi being better is in trust buffed situations. In those situations I'm getting around 4kDPS with Shun\Savage 4.5k with Hi/Hi and 6k-7k with Shun/Shun or Mulstistep so it is a pretty dramatic difference at this buff level.
I may be misremembering how my Savage/Shun DPS is with only trusts. Either way, thanks for doing a Savage Blade video. I was pretty confident you would ignore Savage Blade entirely.

If thats your idea of
a real Ninja update
then maybe its good you cant post XD

I said the Shuriken debuffs suggestion would be a 'fun' update. My main post is already the 'real' update that I want for NIN. Go comment on how bad it is on the OF so the thread gets bumped and more players/devs see it. >.>

Was pissed of losing Happo+1 shurikens because of packets being lost, *** it >_>
Been there before. I decided to not buy Happo+1 anymore and stick with Seki/Date for standard TP sets. AAGK is a pretty easy NIN solo at least and Date pouches only cost 1 day's worth of DI points. I kept messing with my lua to stop losing shuriken during Sange, even as far as putting HappoNQ in precast and buffactive['Sange'] sets, but I still occasionally end up losing shuriken to packet loss...
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-17 10:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't call AA GK super easy, granted I haven't tried it solo in years, but regardless the drop rate is awful even with TH8+, can't imagine it being good with TH4 from NIN.

Also having to farm a NM for that is so *** annoying, are we seriously discussing this?
I say *** Sange, sorry. Took me years to realize it but *** it.
Especially now that we have decent enough alternatives in the #group2 category.
[+]
By pawnoee 2020-10-17 11:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I say **** Sange, sorry. Took me years to realize it but **** it.
So true
By Thunderjet 2020-10-17 12:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

COMPULSORY FOR ALL NINS TO PUT THIS ON WHEN FARMING PLASMA
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-10-17 14:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, after years of promoting Sange (it's NIN's only DPS cooldown, after all) and after creating the most complicated and, I thought, most safe method to handle Shuriken swapping during Sange.
Well, after years, as I was saying, I just gave up and removed Sange merits.

Yeah, when I had to use my one-time restore for a Happo +1 (at a time when there hadn't been one for sale on my server for over a year), I kinda soured on Sange. It was also a more useful JA before we had +79% proc rate from base trait + gifts + neck.

That being said, if you're worried about losing Happo+1/Seki Shuriken, but you're interested in using NIN for zerg type stuff... it's really a very minor loss to just go with NQ Happo Shuriken. Lose acc/atk/racc+1 and c.rate+1%, in exchange for slightly faster TP gain from Daken. Though, the additional benefit of Daken is also pretty minimal, so to me it's kind of a wash and I lean toward just making my life easier by ignoring Sange. No more worries about restocking shuriken, managing inventory to not accidentally throw a good shuriken, etc.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 201 202 203 ... 253 254 255