First Page 2 3 ... 406 407 408 ... 446 447 448

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-11 09:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Taeon can get 9 fast cast and multiple jobs can use it. In a blue thread, you assume it's for blue mage though. So making a piece for one job is fine. The multiple jobs thing only matters when you have multiple jobs to use it on.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-03-11 11:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Empyrean body+1 also has 14% blue magic fast cast.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-11 11:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That body leaves out recast reduction though, it's only the spell cast reduction that gets applied.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-03-11 11:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm assuming somewhere in most peoples' inventories is a body with enough haste to macro into the midcast.
 Asura.Zetaking
Server: Asura
user: metaking
By Asura.Zetaking 2021-03-11 13:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

now im curious what other people are using as there fast cast sets, this is what i use ItemSet 378624 "Rosmerta's Cape", augments= VIT+20','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','VIT+10','"Fast Cast"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%' Carmine Mask +1 is path B

i eventually wanna upgrade the weather ring, and drop loq earring for some conserve mp, this set is 81% fast cast and 29 haste which is more than you need on both but yea... best way i could find for the Tetris blocks to fit....
By SimonSes 2021-03-11 13:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I avoid quick magic because lag happens in worst moments. Also you only really need 65%. There is 0 situation where I wouldnt have fast cast trait.

I use this:
Code
ammo="Staunch tathlum +1",
head="Carmine Mask +1", --14
body="Pinga Tunic +1", --15
hands="Leyline Gloves", --8
legs="Pinga Pants +1", --13
feet="Malignance Boots",
neck="Loricate Torque +1",
waist="Flume Belt +1",
left_ear="Odnowa Earring +1",
right_ear="Loquac. Earring", --2
left_ring="Defending Ring"
right_ring="Kishar ring", --4			
back=gear.BLU_FC_Cape --10
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-11 13:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Erratic Flutter gives FCII trait, which is 15%. I do not have any spell builds where I don't use EF, so I can afford to drop some pieces to around 65% to cap out.

edit: simon said same thing
By Shichishito 2021-03-11 13:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

orunmil's torque has 5% FC. sapience adds 2% in ranged slot.
psycloth lappas path D 7% FC but you lose 4% haste compared to aya. cosciales +2 which will put you only at 25% haste with the rest of your set. you also trade some -DT, def and agility for magic evasion.

haven't considered pinga tunic +1 cause it can't be stored has no haste which can be a problem in some sets, has even less jobs on it than adhemar body, cost siginifcantly more and you still need the adoulin ring to cap FC with gear only.

it's a shame you need the adoulin ring to reach the cap with gear only but since you can cap FC without erratic flutter what spell do you replace it with? it's probably situational but i suppose retinal glares conserve MP trait helps a lot with sustain and maybe goes well with weatherspoon ring?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-03-11 13:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Erratic Flutter gives FCII trait, which is 15%. I do not have any spell builds where I don't use EF, so I can afford to drop some pieces to around 65% to cap out.

10%. BLU starts at a unique ***tier of fast cast, flutter and JP bonus alone brings you to FC1.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-03-11 13:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

But you get two JP bonuses
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2021-03-11 14:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

wouldn't the 1200 gift make erratic flutter 20 fast cast, plus subbing rdm and you get another 15 fast cast
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2021-03-11 14:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Traits from setting spells and traits from subjob don't stack.
By SimonSes 2021-03-11 14:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

10%. BLU starts at a unique ***tier of fast cast, flutter and JP bonus alone brings you to FC1.

I understand it start with ***tier 5%, but JP should push that to 10% at 100gift and 15% at 1200gift no?
 Asura.Zetaking
By Asura.Zetaking 2021-03-11 14:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

forgive me i posted my dynamis fast cast set, my group normally has a rdm casting haste2 on the 2 tanks 2 melee dd and the 2 aoe blus. normal one drops the rings for Dring and gelatinus and some conserve mp earrings. and the real reason i have the pinga tunic +1 is for white wind, buttttt since i already got it >.>/
By SimonSes 2021-03-11 14:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zetaking said: »
forgive me i posted my dynamis fast cast set, my group normally has a rdm casting haste2 on the 2 tanks 2 melee dd and the 2 aoe blus. normal one drops the rings for Dring and gelatinus and some conserve mp earrings. and the real reason i have the pinga tunic +1 is for white wind, buttttt since i already got it >.>/

I would still set FC trait for recast.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-03-11 14:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There’s 3 spells that I always set and that’s erratic flutter for FC trait and the two i can’t even remember the names of for dw lol

I do not see a reason to never not set those 3 in every set at a minimum
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-03-11 14:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 375022

This is mine, minus the Iris. I'm sure it needs work.
 Asura.Zetaking
By Asura.Zetaking 2021-03-11 14:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm i should consider those pants would still have my haste caped and fast cast caped in non dynamis set, add some conserve mp and - rate tho lose some dt, still this is why its good to kit bash with others sometimes you miss stuff

ps the 2 other spells are more than likely delta thrust and barbed crescent
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-03-11 15:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

I understand it start with ***tier 5%, but JP should push that to 10% at 100gift and 15% at 1200gift no?

Yeah you're right, I actually forgot that we get two trait bonus gifts. Mind ain't what it used to be
By SimonSes 2021-03-11 16:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zetaking said: »
hmmm i should consider those pants would still have my haste caped and fast cast caped in non dynamis set, add some conserve mp and - rate tho lose some dt, still this is why its good to kit bash with others sometimes you miss stuff

ps the 2 other spells are more than likely delta thrust and barbed crescent

Doesn't conserve mp proc when you finish the casting? What's the point of having it in precast?
 Bahamut.Omegus
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2021-03-11 16:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 378631
My set caps both FC(with Erratic Flutter) and quick cast
I have never had any issues with sets not swapping with a quick cast proc
By SimonSes 2021-03-11 16:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if you don't have problems with midcast with quick magic, what's the real benefit of it? There is not much spells that doesn't cast in fraction of seconds or need 0 sec recast and you lose so much DT and defensive stats. Afaik even if you have precast set for fraction of seconds you might get slapped hard if you try to for example cast dream flower while tanking 20 mobs? Maybe just create precast with quick magic for few selected spells that would benefit from it proccing?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-03-11 17:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My answer to situations where I know interruption may be possible is to pop unbridled wisdom and put on carcharian verve. That thing is potent.
[+]
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-03-11 17:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i use a sird set for dream flower so i can cleave omen, verve for the nukes.
 Bahamut.Omegus
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2021-03-11 17:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not have it if you can have it? people weren't talking about DT FS that's a completely different set.
Also the secondary effect of having zero cooldown on the QC procced spell. Double casting spectral flow back to back is always nice.
By SimonSes 2021-03-11 17:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

My answer to situations where I know interruption may be possible is to pop unbridled wisdom and put on carcharian verve. That thing is potent.

True, but I was talking more to not get wrecked rather than not cast the spell :)

Bahamut.Omegus said: »
Why not have it if you can have it? people weren't talking about DT FS that's a completely different set.

I have too many sets to toogle around to make even more :P I also dont trust QM, but if if works for you, then Im happy for you :)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-11 18:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carcharian Verve is fantastic and lasts 15 mins or 10 interruptions and, best feature, doesn't rely on your sj.

Granted all I just said, I think a lot of people underestimates Aquaveil from /RDM.
With the right gear I think you can bring it to 7+ interruptions on BLU and you won't have to depend on the 5mins cooldown of Unbridled, which you'll be able to use for something else.
(what though? I guess Mighty Guard lol)
 Asura.Zetaking
By Asura.Zetaking 2021-03-11 18:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i cast verve once for most omen farm runs, sometimes a second time right before the pixis out of fear (mainly because im down to like 1-2 mins on its effect by the time i reach them)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-11 18:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it because you evade most of the attacks, or what?
I haven't farmed Omen on BLU in ages -ages- and yes, runs used to last ~15 mins, but no way my Carcharian Verve lasted that much, it was disappearing way way earlier.

Wonder what is the key difference in our gear :-D
First Page 2 3 ... 406 407 408 ... 446 447 448