2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 405 406 407 ... 445 446 447
By eliroo 2021-03-08 15:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
There aint nothing aggressive about this discussion, stop da feels and let them air it out. They are adults.

There is nothing wrong with taking an argument to DMs.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-03-08 15:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It's less an argument more a debate on mathematics pertaining to BLU in the BLU thread, I don't see the problem.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-03-08 15:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone just coming back to the game will get all of the information they need from the OP. Spreadsheeting and theorycrafting is for us sweaty minmaxers and have a place in the discussion. These guide threads aren't only made for new and returning players, they're general discussion hubs for the jobs in general.

A new or returning player should read the guide. If they have further questions about the content of the guide they can ask it. If they're asking questions that are clearly answered in the guide then I don't have much sympathy when they're given an answer that they don't like. The entire point of the original format guides that myself and sylow created were to offer a large range of possible gearsets for people of varying wealth and playtime levels while providing the basic to intermediate information that you need to play the job. It's all in there.

If Austar is giving people non satisfactory answers to a basic question, it's because it can be assumed that the answer to that question is already available.
[+]
By eliroo 2021-03-08 15:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I love theorycrafting, debating and heated arguments about numbers but the argument was just needlessly circular with Austar being very clearly frustrated with Simon. There were a few quips that made it seem unproductive and they didn't seem to be seeking a solution but rather trying to discredit simon. This is why in my post asking them to take it to DMs, I also offered a potential solution.

In hindsight, the overall discussion wasn't really that bad but I still think the problem could have been solved quicker with better communication.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-03-08 15:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If there's anything I've learned over nearly a decade and a half of ffxi forum discussions it's that almost nothing is ever solved in a completely productive way so sadly that just comes with the territory.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-08 16:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels like this line gets used to much lately but that's certainly A take.

Just because it's the way something is doesn't mean it's the way it should be, nor that it should just be the norm because that's the way it's always been.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-03-08 16:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck trying to get humans on the internet to not push back when their personal ideas and things they accept as fact are challenged. You're just as guilty of this as anyone else on this board.
By SimonSes 2021-03-08 16:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sudra said: »
Not everyone cares about RPing odyssey gear for 30 runs that you have to fight a specific mob for to even get the RP. And people that haven’t played for 3-4 years aren’t even going to know what odyssey is. Telling them to make gear sets with that gear is dumb.

You dont really need to RP Gleti's at all to make it work as WS set, R0 is still bis for most thing that R20 is bis. Only body get significant augment for WS like CDC (7%DA). Otherwise its mostly attack and some acc.

Now unaugmented Odyssey Gaol sets are probably one of the easiest to get BIS sets in game. Outside of 40+ days wall for freshly created character, all you need to do is sneak/invi in A,B and C and then join some pug or pay someone to merc you Gaol clear. Then every piece cost 6M, which is one of the lowest prices that I remember for bis piece for one of the 5 main slots. There is also no SU requirements at all.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-03-08 16:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
There is also no SU requirements at all.

This is probably the biggest thing that surprises me. Best in class gear sets almost across the board with such tiny requirements. If I were a foil hat wearer I'd say these sets are a soft reset for power creep to prepare for something big coming in the future.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-03-08 17:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Superior requirements are only for non-EX items.
By Endlesscc 2021-03-08 19:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Endlesscc said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Worth is subjective and Tizona is the more useful weapon regardless of DPS which doesn't matter as much as people like to pretend anyways.

Yea i think the unlimited MP is very handy when soloing. Sometimes I wonder if i should really work on Tizona or should get RMEA for another job now that I have the almace...

Man, make a goddamn Tizona. I waited years because I said "I will never make a mythic, fk that process" and was lowkey galka jelly every time someone came on here bragging about how good it was. I decided to make one at the beginning of last year and its an absolute game-changer for BLU. You will.not.regret.making.this.weapon. It is so damn fun, versatile, and just feels "right" as the sword BLU should always wield.

Make one and come back in a month and tell me if everything I stated above isn't true.

My blue was much better with an Almace and I am sure I will agree with you but it probably won't be one month could be a couple but first tonight I am gonna finish ToAU mission then off I go Mythic lol
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-03-08 23:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Austar being very clearly frustrated with Simon. There were a few quips that made it seem unproductive and they didn't seem to be seeking a solution but rather trying to discredit simon.
Every attempt I make, not just this one, has the same issue of him either leaving out information or he can't keep things consistent. One post will make make one set of statements using certain variables and the next post will ask me why I have a different result, because he keeps changing ***. He let's his ego get in the way of everything. You'll notice he isn't even using the spreadsheet anymore when it doesn't apply to his narrative. He gets bits and pieces of what he wants from it. See the part about the white damage, but somehow he isn't taking into consideration the TP time, even though it's easily available in the spreadsheet he got every other bit of information from. Mostly, it's just *** annoying trying to come to any conclusion with him because he can't keep anything consistent. He can't even manage to keep the buffs equal between two sets, which conveniently are in favor of his opinion. This is also why I didn't bother using my simulation results because I really don't want to listen to some crap about how my results are wrong only to find out he changed another variable without mentioning it. Which is why I used his favorite tool, and now he gets a different result with supposedly the same variables. So yes, it's frustrating.
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 02:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool down man and stop talking with emotions. My numbers stay consistent (less than 1% differences might happen because of rounding) through whole discussion and I gave you all details you asked for as fast as possible. You keep referencing some past discussions as argument, which is as irrelevant as last year snow. I have 0 problems with my ego too. When I make mistake I have no problem to admit it and apologize for it and and be grateful to person who pointed that mistake to me (like it was with the Mandau for example). So again calm down and stop trying to make this personal by throwing some poor accusations on me.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-03-09 13:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Your numbers do not stay consistent. I'm not referencing past discussions as an argument, I'm referencing them as my reason for the frustration with dealing with you. The first and only copy you sent me didn't even have buffs equal, favoring your Tizona. You are conveniently saying you're not counting TP gain speed, which makes no sense since you just take all your answers from the spreadsheet where that is easily available. Which, by the way, was only a quarter of a second faster than the Almace setup you had. You rarely apologize and admit the mistake unless it's so glaringly obvious. The mandau one should have been so obvious that you checked everything, but you were too concerned with being the first one to put out information. You're so concerned with your ego you even requested I don't post a link (which I would only do to share my results) so you could be the one getting credit for editing it. So if you give me a link to the setup where it's winning instead of just posting numbers after giving me a setup where it was losing, then I will have no problem discussing it with you and we can find the difference.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 14:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Your numbers do not stay consistent. I'm not referencing past discussions as an argument, I'm referencing them as my reason for the frustration with dealing with you. The first and only copy you sent me didn't even have buffs equal, favoring your Tizona.

I gave you link to sheet im using non stop. I told you MANY times before that I havent stopped using it so you can look into it. You probably opened it when I was checking something and you expected it being set to what I was talking 24hours before I gave you link. You just assumed wrong.

You are conveniently saying you're not counting TP gain speed, which makes no sense since you just take all your answers from the spreadsheet where that is easily available.

I used numbers from sheet to calculate WS frequency and GAVE YOU RESULT

Quote:
So Tizona having marginally more damage in total cycle and having slightly higher WS frequency.
Quote:
My sheet shows ~3% lead for Req>Exp With Tizona/Thibron over cdc>cdc Almace/Zan if you assume 14k Requiescat.

That 3% is based exactly on that quarter of seconds faster.
389+120+389+120=1018
406+120+406+120=1052
1052/1018= ~1.033
~3% advantage
Please stops saying Im not using sheet or calculating WS, because thats a LIE.

You rarely apologize and admit the mistake unless it's so glaringly obvious.

Thats a total *** and I can find several smaller cases in past few months, but Im not gonna bother because Im slowly loosing all the respect I had to you, since you really cant stop trying to keep attacking me personally and thats sad.

You're so concerned with your ego you even requested I don't post a link (which I would only do to share my results) so you could be the one getting credit for editing it.

I asked you to not share it because I want to clean it first (like cleaning up names of items and put some descriptions for stuff I added, which might be not obvious for everyone) and I wrote exactly that in PM to you. Its not about getting credit. I helped someone on this forum with several sheets and never even thought about getting any credit for that, because I dont give a ***. I just wanted it to look better if Im the one releasing it. Like I said I only get credit for what I do from scratch. Its another personal attack, which again I thought you are better than that.

So if you give me a link to the setup where it's winning instead of just posting numbers after giving me a setup where it was losing, then I will have no problem discussing it with you and we can find the difference.

Once again you completely misunderstood me. You think Im giving you link to snapshot of settings for our discussion, while I gave you link to sheet Im using several times per day. You was suppose to set it yourself using details I gave you in first post.

Its funny what you did in this post. You basically slap me in the face (or spit in my face) twice and in last paragraph you suggest we can still discuss it if I set a sheet for you and send you link again. Its funny you mentioned ego so much. You are blocked.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2021-03-09 14:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

God, this is why I am glad I don’t bother looking at those spreadsheets lol.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-03-10 00:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I gave you link to sheet im using non stop
Once is non stop? And when I use it, I get a different result. So again, you're either changing something or leaving out some information. And when confronted, you don't bother to come to a conclusion.
That 3% is based exactly on that quarter of seconds faster.
389+120+389+120=1018
406+120+406+120=1052
1052/1018= ~1.033
~3% advantage
Please stops saying Im not using sheet or calculating WS, because thats a LIE.
Well, you're not reading the spreadsheet correctly then. 389 and 406 already include the two second delay and that's after factoring in casting delays as well, so you added another two seconds for no reason.

I asked you to not share it because I want to clean it first (like cleaning up names of items and put some descriptions for stuff I added, which might be not obvious for everyone) and I wrote exactly that in PM to you. Its not about getting credit.
But you go around saying things like "using my sheet against me," but don't think it's yours or anything? Okay.

You was suppose to set it yourself using details I gave you in first post.
And I did, with improved gear for requiescat and got the values I posted. The values you got, I don't know where they came from since you never share any variables. And again, instead of asking about what I did to come to a conclusion, you just add damage to something nobody really knows where you got. You say you were using the spreadsheet, but if that was the case why wouldn't you just post a DPS value instead of cherry picking and being wrong about TP time anyways?

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
this is why I am glad I don’t bother looking at those spreadsheets lol.
I don't like using them either since I can do considerably more with a simulation, but if I use my own tools, it's even more of a struggle to get any variables out of him. I'm just using it now to make my point. And as you can see, he still won't cooperate. If he has something winning, why not just send me a link to what that setup is so I can see for myself instead of just saying it is? Takes 5 seconds to make a copy and send a link to that then he can go back to playing around all day until it fits what he needs.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-03-10 00:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
God, this is why I am glad I don’t bother looking at those spreadsheets lol.

Issue I always had with using my own simulations and models always boiled down to screeching about it not being one of Mote'a old sheets and thus couldn't be trusted. I have to assume that every single one of us that uses things like that get personal enjoyment out of making and fine tuning the model itself more than getting the results, but I guess that's a separate thing to what you said. I shouldn't post on pain meds.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-10 06:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny how Nyame path B changed everything. Expiacion at attack cap getting +1% avg damage and +23% skillchain bonus and around 2.0 pdif getting massive +13.37% avg damage and +29% skillchain bonus.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-10 07:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm speaking for all the Vajra users reading this spreadsheet conversation. #winning.
By SimonSes 2021-03-10 07:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
I'm speaking for all the Vajra users reading this spreadsheet conversation. #winning.

Hello Vajra user, I'm also Vajra user. Have a nice day :)
By Endlesscc 2021-03-11 07:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it still worth to get the HQ Admehar Body for my Almace Blu or the new Maligance amor pretty much more superior? ( just wondering spending that 11m or so to buy HQ or just cheap it out with NQ)

Thank you
 Phoenix.Oolie
Server: Phoenix
user: Oolster
By Phoenix.Oolie 2021-03-11 07:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it still worth to get the HQ Admehar Body for my Almace Blu or the new Maligance amor pretty much more superior? ( just wondering spending that 11m or so to buy HQ or just cheap it out with NQ)

Two completely different uses. You will be TPing in Adhemar and Malignance will be in your DT set. So yes, still worth it. Might even want to pick up an NQ so you can use it for a FC body.
By Endlesscc 2021-03-11 07:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oolie said: »

Two completely different uses. You will be TPing in Adhemar and Malignance will be in your DT set. So yes, still worth it. Might even want to pick up an NQ so you can use it for a FC body.

Ah ok, so from what I understand then Adhemar is still the BiS for TP or there's something else on it. Also what is FC body mean?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2021-03-11 07:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fast Cast Body
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2021-03-11 08:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah ok, so from what I understand then Adhemar is still the BiS for TP or there's something else on it. Also what is FC body mean?

If you can get access to buy it, you might want to consider Gleti's Cuirass instead (or first) as it'd cost you less, mesh well with an Almace build, and is a far stronger defensive option.

Adhemar +1 is still one of your best options too, especially if you have other jobs that can make use of it. Worst case, as sorta-mentioned, if you do ever find it not needed for TP, you can change the augment to path D for Fast Cast (really not needed for BLU as we have a lot of options, but other jobs on it have fewer).
By Shichishito 2021-03-11 08:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oolie said: »
Might even want to pick up an NQ so you can use it for a FC body.
NQ adehmar body would be a waste as luhlaza jubbah +1 also comes with 7% FC.
the HQ adhemar body with 10% FC path D is probably also a waste as you can upgrade luhlaza jubbah to +3 with 9% FC for a lot cheaper and you probably have no issues to cap FC on BLU with just 7% on body just fine.

imho you'd have to cap FC with gear alone to justify those investments so it enables you to drop erratic flutter to invest those 6 BLU spell points somewhere else but last i checked BLU can't.
 Phoenix.Oolie
Server: Phoenix
user: Oolster
By Phoenix.Oolie 2021-03-11 09:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not necessarily. Allows you to put off working on Relic body if you have other priorities. Additionally serves as a FC body for all jobs that can use it for a little bit of inventory +. All depends on what he currently has available, of course.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 405 406 407 ... 445 446 447