Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 646 647 648 ... 831 832 833

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-05-16 23:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

We figured it out, he was trading the wrong kind of crystal.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-17 03:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What formula?

DA = 1+1
TA = 1+2
QA = 1+3

?

You need to throw STP on this relation too, as last i remember 1 STP > 1 DA. If dual 2ielding, most like DW, if not capped, will pull ahead many multiattack.

What i used to compare is not a given formula but spreadsheet and varying gear as even multi attacks are subject to diminish returns and hierarchy.

As a quick rule, DA adds one Extra hit, TA will add 2 extra hits, so, simplified rule, i would consider 1 TA equal to 2 DA.
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-17 04:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You can probably see what I'm trying to do here, but I can't exactly get it to work. I'm not a good script kiddie as I'm self-taught and only use this kind of thing in extreme cases as I like to play close to vanilla. I want to have a macro for a mount and then have it play music via the setbgm addon.

Any idea how this /should/ look to work or if it's possible?

Thank you in advance for any help you offer.

So far this is what I've made and it gets me on my mount, but doesn't play the music.

Edit: Thank you to the person that helped me via private message on here. This is what ended up working:

By Carlyle 2020-05-19 03:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So a general question related to some of the armor acquired through Ambuscade.

I don't see many of the +2 pieces listed as must-have endgame attire in various equipment guides, but I do see them occasionally in the mid-tier suggestions. Of the 50 different pieces available to upgrade, which ones would you say would fall in the "Top 10" category? I know a lot of that is going to be situational and dependent on the job, but I'm primarily looking for stuff that isn't going to immediately be overpowered by something easy to obtain like 119 AF+1.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-05-19 04:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambu +2 armor is definitely HIGHLY dependent on job and what you want to do with it. But if I had to pick 5 pieces without knowing jobs/use cases, some of the strongest standouts of all of the Ambuscade armors are:

1) Flamma head
2) Sulevia feet
3) Meghanada hands
4) Sulevia hands
5) Jhakri body

More specific suggestions for highlights by set below; these all hold up as best-in-slot gear or close (like, 2nd-3rd place option for the slot) for certain situations:

Sulevia:
(1) Hands are very solid offense with strong DA/Acc/Atk, plus DT-5% - a staple for any defensive/hybrid sets.
(2) Feet give WSD+7% and are BiS (barring like, amazing Dark Matter augmented gear) for many WS.

Hizamaru: nothing is a must, but...
(1) legs are maybe the highlight of the set with WSD+7% and good STR - they remain a top 2~3 option (though SAM NIN are the main jobs on the set that may care about WSD, and they get AF+3/Relic+3 legs with WSD+10%).
(2) I still use the body when idle/not fighting on all 4 jobs on the set, for the massive regen (+12/tick). Luxury piece, but may never be beaten for that niche purpose.

Inyanga:
(1) Legs are a must for BRDs.
(2) Whole set is very nice idle Meva gear, I make good use of it on WHM BRD.
(3) Whole set also provides pretty strong WHM BRD Macc options (though can be beaten with some stuff like AF+3 pieces, Chironic hose, etc.)

Meghanada:
(1) WSD+7% hands are still BiS for many WS.
(2) The whole set is very strong for all-around ranged use on RNG or COR (including a best in slot preshot piece with Snapshot+10 feet, and a great RNG crit head).

Jhakri:
(1) Refresh+4 body is a must for all jobs on it.
(2) BLU makes very good use of the set for magical nukes (pretty much no worse than a top-3 piece in every slot, only really losing to Relic+3 legs, HQ Amalric hands, very strong Herculean augments).

Flamma:
(1) Head is fantastic, still BiS for many offensive applications
(2) Feet are less amazing (they lose out to some options like WAR AF+3, SAM Kendatsuba+1 or maybe Ryuo+1), but still a very strong option.

Tali'ah: eh, not that amazing (some niche use like strong pet Macc for PUP, one of several good Pet:DT- PUP legs), but...
(1) Body is strong melee acc/TA gear (made a little less impressive for BST PUP when they got on Malignance)

Mummu: somewhat underwhelming, but:
(1) Solid crit gear for certain WS (Blade: Hi, Evisceration, Victory Smite) - particularly hands > feet > body
(2) Rather niche use, but I like hands for ranged crit sets (especially for Empy RNG or COR).

Ayanmo:
(1) In general, excellent melee mage gear for WHM BRD that also comes with some DT- to keep you safe - it's viable to use 5/5 for those jobs. RDM can use it too (and would def want hands for enspells), though RDM does have more options like Malignance set or Carmine +1 legs.
(2) Body can be used effectively in some hybrid builds for RUN (lacking the very hard to obtain Ashera Harness).

Mallquis:
(1) DT-8% body is very nice, great piece especially for those without Shamash Robe
(2) Whole set is pretty good for helixes and low tier nukes (not that low tier nukes are in a very good place in 2020)
[+]
By Carlyle 2020-05-19 10:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you so much for taking the time to write all of that out -- that's exactly what I was looking for!
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-05-20 12:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

AM3 still proc when under Formless Strikes?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-05-20 14:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Does anyone have a link or pic or anything that best describes the formula for double attack? i.e. 1 quadruple attack is equal to ? double attack, 1 triple attack equal to ? double attack.
bump
Theres this thread which explains it all
MATH OAX, Multi-Attack, and You

in it, it has the following spreadsheet link that you can download, and play with the different 2x/3x/4x attack rates, to see which gives you the most, on average
Multi-Attack Spreadsheet

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-05-21 05:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend is freezing anytime they fish a few times. Their character stays frozen in the fishing position even past normal cast times for the fishing animation, just locked without moving. Is it a fastCS issue or something like that? Trying to look into what addons could be causing it.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-05-21 06:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It could be packet loss too. Does it consistently freeze? If so, start with //lua unloadall and load them one at a time.
By Draylo 2020-05-21 23:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It is consistent anytime they fish, unload of all addons and it still freezes the character.

Edit: Looks like it was FrameRateDivisor setting for config set to uncapped.
By missdivine 2020-05-22 01:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

SE already fixed the crafting hax? lots of stikini rings +1 @ AH in stock and selling consistently.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2020-05-22 07:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to be wearing Mana Wall equipment (boots, cape) when you are hit in order to reduce the hit to your MP, not just during JA activation right?

Can you safely swap the gear in and out to keep the bonus for future hits? The FFXIclopedia says this:

Quote:
Must be worn when Mana Wall is activated and during its effect or the bonus will wear off (cannot regain bonus by putting the equipment back on).

...but I want to confirm.
 Asura.Myasasa
user: Myasasa
By Asura.Myasasa 2020-05-22 10:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any way to skip, fasten playonline?
I mean i get it that you have to log... but can't we just get to the charac selection once identified?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-05-22 16:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a generally accepted "best" set of Synergy training categories to pick for the purposes of making tough items solo?
By Pantafernando 2020-05-22 16:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fewell and Safety lever, which are the two options that i use the most, and have been managing all recipes solo so far.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-22 16:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone ever figure out what sword this is?

It's listed in the two model viewers as "Unknown sword".
 Cerberus.Rivian
Server: Cerberus
user: Rivian
By Cerberus.Rivian 2020-05-22 19:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So returning here and re-gearing up and a little confused about skill stats with caps. So if I have capped (blue skill) at say 414 but then Sword Skill +212 on my MH sword, does that do anything? Is it just for accuracy calc a that point? And is it additive to the blue cap, or does it do nothing because it doesn't change that number?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-05-22 19:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's additive to the natural blue cap.

It gives attack, accuracy, and higher chance to interrupt enemy spells, but does not give you weapon skills sooner. It also only works in mainhand (so dual wielding 2 swords with +200 skill each will not give you +400).
By RadialArcana 2020-05-23 12:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of gil amount are you looking at spending to upgrade an Emp or a Mythic weapon to the final stage (without glow), I'm guessing afterglow is mainly cosmetic? Asura prices.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-23 13:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

330M for mythic and 210M for empy.

Add 135M for glow on myhic and 68M for empy.

Idk, i kinda feel like nowaday glowing is almost mandatory on some weapons, mainly those who dispense bullets (like gastraphetes and death penalty). For pure dps jobs, not glowing should have same feeling as rocking with empy lv85~90 back on abyssea era.

On jobs that rely only on unique trait on weapon, like nirvana and idris, glowing (non-augmented) is purely cosmetic.

But do notice you cant upgrade before glowing so a non-glowed 119 REM is 2-steps behind its max potential.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-23 13:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking at the Magian Trials page for EMP and saw the final part was 3 thousand riftcinders, at 1 million each..

I guess that part is no longer necessary and you can skip it and do the oboro stuff, getting the glow that way far cheaper? Wish the wiki pages would note this stuff on the pages.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-23 13:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You trade 10.000 beit/plut/boulder to glow a weapon from a 119 version through oboro.
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2020-05-23 17:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a list of what Ambu weapons are worth making?

I already have the Sword and Dagger made, but I am wondering if there are any others that are good to get. I mostly play Rdm/Thf/Cor/Pup and currently am gearing up Drk if that helps for context.

Thanks!
By Crossbones 2020-05-23 17:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Club for rdm, h2h maybe for pup, GA and scythe for drk could be good.
By SimonSes 2020-05-23 17:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Goldenfoon said: »
Is there a list of what Ambu weapons are worth making?

I already have the Sword and Dagger made, but I am wondering if there are any others that are good to get. I mostly play Rdm/Thf/Cor/Pup and currently am gearing up Drk if that helps for context.

Thanks!

Actually all (maybe beside great sword?) Ambu weapons are worth making, but if you have rema then many of ambu weapons are niche weapons for jobs that dont have rema in that category. For example great katana is very good for NIN, even if only for Ageha. Great axe is great for drk and run. H2H is great for war and also very good for thf and dnc etc.

If you dont have rema then all ambu weapons are also very good main weapons, so scythe for DRK, h2h for pup etc.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-23 17:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The question would be what order to make them.

You can do every weapon to Kaja level then store them at porter. As you need and as you get pulse weapons, you start changing to last stage.

Obviously, start upgrading for the the jobs you play and jobs that you dont have a REMA weapon.
First Page 2 3 ... 646 647 648 ... 831 832 833