Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 645 646 647 ... 831 832 833
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-12 11:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

the only way i can figure to do it, would be to pull all items out of their respective hidy holes, the have em all put back, which should stack em up in main inv, the put em all back prestacked, but.... if ive got too many stacks of stuff already stored, and attempt that, may not catch all the stuff, because it may fill up inventory, unless i add some pauses, and have it go in a series of gets and puts?

which would be time consuming for sure, but at least automated.
 Asura.Bluespoons
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2020-05-12 13:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I need help and SE hasn't/can't respond idk

I'm trying to log in, but I can't without a one-time password (which I am relatively certain I deactivated back in the day anyway). I can't deactivate it because I need an emergency removal code that I can only get by logging in, which I need a one-time code for. I can't use the phone app to get a code because you need a registration password for it that you get by logging in to the dumb *** account that you need a one-time password for.

How to do I log in? I just want to play.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-05-12 13:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said: »

I'm trying to log in, but I can't without a one-time password (which I am relatively certain I deactivated back in the day anyway). I can't deactivate it because I need an emergency removal code that I can only get by logging in, which I need a one-time code for. I can't use the phone app to get a code because you need a registration password for it that you get by logging in to the dumb *** account that you need a one-time password for.

AFAIK you have to have the one-time password removed by customer service... I know, no help at all.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2020-05-12 13:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Asura.Bluespoons said: »

AFAIK you have to have the one-time password removed by customer service... I know, no help at all.

I know they'd have to, it's just getting in contact that's the biggest issue atm. I know that I deactivated it though because a friend used my account for crafting and fishing after I quit. This shouldn't be so complicated :/ I just want to go heal my loser friends, damn it.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-12 14:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

this happened to me when i came back, call during NA business hours and they can help you. the wait time was very fast too.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-12 14:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

1 (858) 790-7529

i think thats the number
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-12 18:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
anyone know of a way to autostack stuff in non-main inventory slots?

Trying to get itemizer to sort certain things into certain spots with my job change lua, but idk how to get stuff to stack up afterwards?

or maybe totally coming at this with the wrong approach?

atm i have it execute a .txt script to pull all collectable stuff out of main inventory and put it into certain areas, if there is a sort all storage command i can tack onto the end of it that would be cool. even if it's a sort safe;sort safe2;sort storage;etc sort of deal would work?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also still cant get //qtr to work >.< which would be a godsend.

edit: was thinking i could get organizer to sort stuff and auto stack, but seems not. Neither does treasury seem to do it.
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
the only way i can figure to do it, would be to pull all items out of their respective hidy holes, the have em all put back, which should stack em up in main inv, the put em all back prestacked, but.... if ive got too many stacks of stuff already stored, and attempt that, may not catch all the stuff, because it may fill up inventory, unless i add some pauses, and have it go in a series of gets and puts?

which would be time consuming for sure, but at least automated.

So yea, tried doing the above. Long *** script with all the stuff I want to save. For some reason it likes to skip a stack when putting stuff back sometimes. And it took 5 minutes to parse it all. There has to be a better way?!?

My script looked something like this

get "red curry bun" all
pause 2 (to allow it to autostack with leftovers in inv)
put "red curry bun" sack all
pause 1
get "next item" all.... Etc etc.

The pause to allow the vanilla auto stack to work, ended up at 4 with it still deciding to skip ***on the return.

So, I am really surprised that this sort of feature isn't already built into itemizer/treasury/gearswap/light luggage(non existent anyway)

Anybody have a solution to this? The goal is to stash stuff like Cor cards, and grab stuff like ninja tools upon swapping jobs.

And before anyone says just use itemizer to pull straight from other bags when needed, I don't want to, it's got too much delay for things like utsusemi, and it won't pull cards out for quick draw. So I'd rather the items be in main inventory for appropriate jobs.

But I also want unneeded items to be put away, and stacked so that my other inventories don't end up full with partial stacks of stuff.

I know I could manually sort, but the goal is to make it a smooth transition and not forget anything.
By Draylo 2020-05-14 01:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't this icon something special? How do people get that

Bahamut.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-14 01:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Free Trial iirc
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-05-14 03:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

How long have you been playing this game....?
By Draylo 2020-05-14 03:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you ask something like that? It isn't common, ive been playing a long time. A long time ago it was for media trying the game, I didn't even think XI had free trials because I've never used one being subbed a long time.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-14 04:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you ask something like that? It isn't common, ive been playing a long time. A long time ago it was for media trying the game, I didn't even think XI had free trials because I've never used one being subbed a long time.

I only know about it because I used it for a mule, they offered 14 day free trials and thats the icon it gives you while you're under the trial
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-14 04:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-05-14 06:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

What name?

Where is it?
By RadialArcana 2020-05-14 06:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an updated version of anchor? I read it doesn't work with newer fights.

Also how risky is it to use, as in is it ja0wait level or worse?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-05-15 12:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do JPs love wearing Kentarch Belts +1 with uncapped gear haste?

I've always wondered about this.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-05-15 18:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It comes from these stickers you have to have on your car in Japan right after you've gotten a license, the symbol has become shorthand for "trial/learner/beginner".
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-05-16 20:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

He spoke perfect English and with that name I highly doubt hes JP lol.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-05-16 21:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm at my wits' end here. I've been trying to upgrade my AG Verethragna with Oboro. I'm on MNK (it's mastered), and I've completed Masamune over a year ago, took me 4 months to get 10,000 JP's.

I thought this meant I could upgrade any other empy-weapons. I speak to him on the mastered job, with the weapon equipped he just repeats the same like of dialogue.

"Bring me what I need, it's not materials but something near and dear to your heart and soul. Blah blah blah"

I try trading him a single Astral Detritus. Nothing happens...
I trade the verethragna with the Astral Detritus. Nothing happens...
I trade just the weapon. Nothing.
I change to PUP (also mastered). Try everything I tried above. Nada.

I gotta be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or something. What am I doing wrong?
By Viciouss 2020-05-16 21:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you started a different weapon? I think you can only do 1 at a time.
 Carbuncle.Razziel
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-05-16 21:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I have not.
By Viciouss 2020-05-16 21:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have finished the empy JP, you should be able to trade him the weapon and 1 Swart.
 Carbuncle.Razziel
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-05-16 21:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I thought and yet...
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-05-16 21:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually that brings up an interesting question because I don't know of anyone else that has gone the 10,000 JP way.. Does the 10,000 JP method grant you some sort of KI? Or any placeholder of any kind? Because if it doesn't, then you might be forced into getting 10,000 JP again O_O; Mind you this would be COMPLETELY SHITTY on SE's end but that could be whats messing with you here (I hope not)

Or did you say you already got 10,000 JP again?
 Carbuncle.Razziel
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-05-16 22:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought maybe I did have to do another 10k JP. But guys I figured it out. Thanks to Viciouss.... I was using M. Astral Detritus, you have to use a S. Astral Detritus for the first augment.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-16 22:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Actually that brings up an interesting question because I don't know of anyone else that has gone the 10,000 JP way.. Does the 10,000 JP method grant you some sort of KI? Or any placeholder of any kind? Because if it doesn't, then you might be forced into getting 10,000 JP again O_O; Mind you this would be COMPLETELY SHITTY on SE's end but that could be whats messing with you here (I hope not)

Or did you say you already got 10,000 JP again?

You only have to do the 10k once per weapon type. I did it this way and it's for sure.

Glad you got it figured out.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 645 646 647 ... 831 832 833