Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 637 638 639 ... 836 837 838
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-07 18:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems unlikely to me. Never seen a video of such, though I don't think it's impossible(especially if they aggressively use 3pp.. I know some people run around with speedhacks and crap like that in dynamis all the time).
By Aerix 2020-03-07 18:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, speedhacks hadn't even crossed my mind, but I guess that could explain it.

Seems like a risky deal though if SE is actually banning for those nowadays. And it's not something my LS could/would ever replicate.
By Korgull 2020-03-07 22:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Most spare time the LS i play with has ever had was around 25-30 mins: 1 ranged party, 1 melee party, 1 tank party.
By botches 2020-03-08 09:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

hello, is it possible to convert airlixir to airlixir+1 ?
same for escalixir
i need inventory
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-08 10:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No to both.
By Jetackuu 2020-03-08 10:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Asus is worse than Acer.
Yet it isn't, in this world or the next.

edit: excluding the bottom of the barrel laptops, as they're ***no matter which brand.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-08 10:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

botches said: »
hello, is it possible to convert airlixir to airlixir+1 ?
same for escalixir
i need inventory

Go to npc, sell airlixir/eschalixir

Grab the money, go to AH and buy the +2
[+]
 Lakshmi.Shonaa
Server: Lakshmi
user: shonaa
By Lakshmi.Shonaa 2020-03-09 06:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the jobs that are not seeing a lot of play at the moment? I took a bit of a break for a year, but last time I logged on, MNK was considered pretty trash tier and no one was playing it. But it looks like it got a bit of a buff recently, so now I'm seeing a lot more MNKs running around. Just kinda curious as to which jobs aren't getting a lot of love these days.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-09 06:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN, then there's NIN, and some more NIN.
On a serious note: NIN.

Not sure about other jobs. PUP and BST you won't see much into high level coordinated groups, but that doesn't mean the two jobs suck.

Probably BLM? Magic-based strategies are kinda a thing of the past atm, as such BLM isn't really sought after by groups these days.

Edit:
NIN is sorta fine, but it needs a small buff to its Weapon Skill damage, I'd say.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-09 07:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM is in a bad ways right now. It’s certainly still very powerful just... Limitations... A lot of NMs have crazy resistance to Nukes and MB Resistance really limits BLMs power. Far too much imo. So much so that it’s often easier to Magic-Buff RNGs and CORs and have them TrueFlight/DeathPenalty things to death for magic kills.

BLM would need the Magic Burst limiter completely removed to be used widespread again imo. Right now it’s not even fun to play with another Burster; if you’re not the first Nuke to land, your damage is cut it half =\
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-09 07:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with BLM is not within the job itself but with magic damage.

It's still pretty viable on 99% of the stuff but there are some things to consider:

1) Languor/Malaise got nerfed, this nerfed magic strategies as well
2) One of the reasons why Magic strats were so popular back then is because it was almost impossible to reasonably reach the acc caps necessary for some mobs. That's no longer the case
3) Another one of the reasons why Magic strats were so popular, were to keep players out of range of dangerous stuff. That's (partially) no longer the case, or stuff dies so fast you don't have to worry (melee zerg strats)
4) The last reason I can think of, there has been a lot of power creep, especially for melees, not so much for mages.

Put all of these together and you realize why nobody wants to bother with Magic strats anymore.
They are still sorta viable though, but why should you bother with them and kill a NM in 20+ mins when you can kill it in under 2 mins with melees, in a much simpler way, without having to coordinate people into executing flawless strats etc?

I don't see SE fixing that anytime soon. Unless they create content with insane level of physical evasion and weak to magic, that would limit the amount of damage you can do with RNGs and CORs, there's only so much regain you can get.
alternatively they could make those mobs weak to magic in general but strong against dark and light based magic, that would make Trueflight and Leaden Salute less useful (but then there's Wildfire? Uhm...)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-09 07:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

On a further note: mages enjoyed 2+ years where they were king for most (all?) end game. Now it's the era of melees/physical, I'm fine with that. I enjoyed the mage era, I'm enjoying the current one, people can't bind themselves behind the "omg I need to use this job and this only!", they need to follow the flow.

Furthermore it's not like mages strategies are COMPLETELY unviable, not at all. Actually if you want a challenge go for it, we did it in my LS, was fun.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-09 07:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree 100%. BLM has only gotten stronger over the years and is still very likely to hit 99k Bursts if maxed and supported.

There are fights that still have Acc and Danger checks though, namely Wave 3. It’s just that True Flight and DP end up hitting for the same damage scale as BLM but Faster, and no Limiters. vs BLM which gets a foot immediately in it’s *** after 1 Magic Burst with multiple bursters. The first hits for full damage then every other burst goes to ***instantly I think is the problem.

If SE did away with that it wouldn’t make BLM Mainstream again at all BUT it would certainly bring back some love for it I think
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-13 04:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anybody think of a Reraise buff that never wears off? I remember during the course of some quest I got some buff that basically never wore off. I can't recall if it was reraise or which battlefield / event it was from. If anyone can recall what I'm thinking of, please let me know. It could have been another buff. *shrugs*

Edit: Not including Auto-Reraise from gear.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-13 04:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Stoneskin from reive
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-13 04:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. That sounds familiar. Thank you.
 Phoenix.Turtlevax
Server: Phoenix
user: Turtlewax
By Phoenix.Turtlevax 2020-03-13 04:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cait Siths 1hr Altana's Favor also applies an unending RR effect to the alive players hit by it.
[+]
 Sylph.Mozhat
Server: Sylph
user: Mozhat
By Sylph.Mozhat 2020-03-14 22:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Turtlevax said: »
Cait Siths 1hr Altana's Favor also applies an unending RR effect to the alive players hit by it.

This Reraise last until you die, change jobs or die from the minic[Mars Orb]. I tried this out when a party of us were doing the Mars Orbs. Hoping that the stupid mimic couldn't take it off. Sure enough he still does.

One thing to note, this RR will carry in BCNM and other fights as well.

Kind of costly but fun. Mine lasted 96hrs until I change jobs.^^
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-15 00:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the Halmarks + Gallantry reward for a single V1VD run with full party, Abdhaljs Seal used, and the bonus from the current once-daily Ambuscade Gallantry Campaign?
 Asura.Yuush
By Asura.Yuush 2020-03-15 00:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
What is the Halmarks + Gallantry reward for a single V1VD run with full party, Abdhaljs Seal used, and the bonus from the current once-daily Ambuscade Gallantry Campaign?
10,800 Halmarks 9,000 Gallantry
[+]
By Carlyle 2020-03-15 01:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one missing the AMAN Recliamer NPC?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-15 01:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's gone it's because they're fixing the *** up they announced yesterday.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-03-15 08:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Is <wait1> still the lowest you can go?
 Fenrir.Loynis
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-15 08:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

In vanilla macros, yes. 3rd party macros, not sure.
By Matic 2020-03-16 14:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Isiolia said:
Matic said: »
So based on that statement, I'm guessing that dgvoodoo isn't of any use to me if I'm using a crappy old laptop with intel HD graphics, right?

It still can be for a couple reasons:

Glad I listened to you; I'm seeing a fairly huge performance improvement, and the game has never looked better.
By Mattelot 2020-03-19 09:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Isiolia said:
So based on that statement, I'm guessing that dgvoodoo isn't of any use to me if I'm using a crappy old laptop with intel HD graphics, right?

It still can be for a couple reasons:

Glad I listened to you; I'm seeing a fairly huge performance improvement, and the game has never looked better.

Your avatar is so bad.

... no pun intended

I lied... pun intended
 Fenrir.Pirinolon
user: Pirinolon
By Fenrir.Pirinolon 2020-03-19 18:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

what aeonic to get, dojiri or aeneas?
considering i already have amano and masa, and almost done with potpurri for a tauret?
other jobs i play are rdm and geo

or maybe going out and get a gun for ranger which i dont play since lvl75 era and has a yoichi
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-19 19:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeneas is a fantastic dagger, but so is Tauret. Different pros and cons on different jobs but in general Aeneas should be stronger for those jobs who can use it.

Dojikiri Yasutsuna is a fantastic GKT. Probably not as good as Masa in terms of raw damage, but when you can make use of its advanced SC properties, it allows for very interesting setups on SAM with multisteps.

Hard to make a choice...
Given how Tauret is an excellent, even if probably inferior, alternative to Aeneas, I'd go for Dojikiri Yasutsuna because it's "special" and unlocks new approaches for your SAM. It will be a fantastic partner for your R15 Masa!
[+]
By botches 2020-03-19 19:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

hello, question for dual boxers
are your characters all on the same playonline account ?
what is the pro/con of this ?
i only understand i can share the token if all on the same account
is it something else ?
By Pantafernando 2020-03-19 19:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, 1$ mules are chars within same account. You just can have one active at any time. Those same account chars share same pol account, share token services and the pros is that you can play multiple times time gated content provided you invest all 1$ char. Plus all 1$ char can store many piece of gears so its like extra dozens of inv space. Plus you can get multiplied login points, bonanza marbles, SP keys, etc. Cons is that they are permanent cost of extra 1$ unless you deactive them.

Multiboxing means having multiples pol accounts. Diffent accounts can stay up at same time so in fact you can make a solo party for you at any time. Pro is that it can save time gearing as many contents all your different pol account chars can climb together. Also its flexible to play as you can always have one char playing any job you like and your mule playing a role none likes. Plus its multiplies rewards for many contents like ambuscade. Cons is that every extra chars makes harder for you to play unless you have some advanced knowledge to automate things or know majority of third party tools that makes dual boxing viable. Plus, paying extra pol account is at least extra 13$ every month.
First Page 2 3 ... 637 638 639 ... 836 837 838