Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 625 626 627 ... 836 837 838
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-29 20:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If trying to get a MMM NM drop, is there anything that helps other that getting the right NM and bringing TH (unless the item is from a chest?)? I'm very unfamiliar with MMM.
By clearlyamule 2019-12-29 20:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Using runes that raise the mobs difficulty and lost and found can help
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-30 06:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody friend irl with Motenten/Kinematics and know how he's doing? I'm curious.
Haven't heard from him in years.
By kaiju9 2019-12-30 19:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Augmenting some Valorous pieces for SAM weapon skills (head, hands, feet)... any advice for deciding between something like:

1. WSD5

2. WSD3, 15STR

Basically looking for a general ballpark for WSD:STR.

The rest of the set is similar to the wiki community guide (minus the WSD rings), using R15 Masamune, with BRD/COR/GEO buffs.
By tyalangan 2020-01-01 13:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What's this Chacharoon event and where can I find information on it? I could not find any event info on BG other than a page for the items he hands out.
 Siren.Distrusive
Server: Siren
By Siren.Distrusive 2020-01-01 15:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm sitting at 1k+ domain points, which purchase would be more worthwhile for a mid-tier BLU? I'm torn between getting a Colada (cause right now I'm using Naegling/Nibiru Blade path A) or the new crit earring for CDC.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2020-01-01 15:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
What's this Chacharoon event and where can I find information on it? I could not find any event info on BG other than a page for the items he hands out.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/17505/detail.html

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2020-01-03 14:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

In addition to the two bags you can buy per day, he gives you a silver voucher if you trade him 10k gil (can trade the new year's pouch he also gives you to another player and they'll get the 10k). Not sure if this voucher is daily repeatable or not, I only heard about it this morning.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-01-04 10:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Enspell resist rate depends on your MACC at the time of hit, and not at the time of cast, right?
By FaeQueenCory 2020-01-04 10:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct. It's checked at procs.

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
What are the tiers of ranged accuracy for Dynamis Divergence? I'm familiar only with the accuracy of the 3 waves, but what about ranged accuracy?
Ranged Accuracy checks against evasion.... so if you need X accuracy to hit Z thing, you need X ranged accuracy to hit it with a ranged attack.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-01-04 11:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.
By warmech 2020-01-04 12:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

is it possible to dc people into dyna like we used to do in salvage, and the dc'ers not lose abilitity to enter?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Mattelot 2020-01-06 11:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to make an Incanter's Torque. I farmed all 3 of the torques required to make it. As someone who has never done synergy, am I still able to do this?
By FaeQueenCory 2020-01-06 11:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not reliably. You can do it... but you're likely to overload the machine and cause constant explosions unless your synergy is high.

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
1250 ranged accuracy for wave 1 +100 for wave 2, +200 for wave 3 sound plausible?
Sounds about right? You need the same as you would for regular accuracy.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-06 11:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
I want to make an Incanter's Torque. I farmed all 3 of the torques required to make it. As someone who has never done synergy, am I still able to do this?

If not familiar at ALL with synergy, even someone who has ZERO synergy skill can get this done easily, you just need someone who has it leveled. (only saying this because I've run in to so many non-crafters who thought THEY had to level synergy to make fotia piece, skill torques)

1. Unlock Synergy through the cutscene,etc.

2. Party up with someone who has a high synergy skill.

3. max your fewell. When YOU trade the items, even if you do zero actions on the furnace, it will use YOUR fewell, not your synergist buddy. You can do this with just gil and buying the fewell from one of the NPCs next to every furnace in the cities, and should do it prior to every attempt. Many of the furnace "functions" require large amounts of fewell (usually dark) to be used at once, and in a longer attempt can easily use half of the stock in one attempt.

4. you trade the items and start the synergy, your friend in party does all the trading of fewell and actions. But YOU end the synergy! So either pay attention to the levels and know when to end it, or ask your synergist to let you know when to end it.

5. Tip your synergist! ;)
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-01-06 11:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't sound too complicated. Thanks for the advice.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-01-06 11:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You can *maybe* do it yourself.

Since there isn't an HQ for that, you can just keep trying (and at the same time, leveling your synergy skill) until you complete it.

Will it take a long time, sure.
Will it cost some money, sure.
Can you do it without a synergist helping you, sure.

You might be surprised, however, how easy it may be to do it yourself, especially if it can take one person to do it all.
By Mattelot 2020-01-06 11:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought about doing that since you can't lose your materials but there is little I need from synergy. Maybe as a bucket list thing?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-01-06 12:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It really depends on how strongly you want that torque.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-01-06 12:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You're better off just shouting for someone with synergy (assuming you don't know anyone), because with the constant explosions you're unlikely to hit the needed thresholds.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-06 12:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

regarding fotia pieces and +skill torques (combatant's and incanter's) and finding synergists:

I've been responding to shouts for these and doing them for my friends now for a couple years. I don't ADVERTISE that I have synergy- it wasn't something I enjoyed leveling and I enjoy the system even less- but its a good skill to have to help out people and didn't take near the gil investment to level.

As a result, I often have returning players contact me regarding these synths, and get the question, "how much do you charge?" My answer has been the same since I started doing this- tip me what you can afford and what YOU think the piece is worth to you. As a result, I've gotten everything from 100k to 5mil. The fotia pieces in particular are incredibly valuable to many, but I'd never want to break the bank of someone just coming back, or have them put off bettering themselves with something like a combatant's torque which would help them immensely in terms of raw accuracy esp when they start building up a job or just coming back.

I'd wager on your server there are plenty of "hidden" synergists willing to help you out in a similar way. A LOT of crafters leveled synergy up if for nothing else than to make their own stall(s) and upgrade their smocks.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-01-06 12:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I really do want it and my LS leader has mules with all crafts maxed. I wasn't sure if I HAD to have her help. I really did know nothing about synergy. Even back when it was brand new, never looked into it. Didn't have a real reason.
By clearlyamule 2020-01-06 13:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Znitch said: »

In addition to the two bags you can buy per day, he gives you a silver voucher if you trade him 10k gil (can trade the new year's pouch he also gives you to another player and they'll get the 10k). Not sure if this voucher is daily repeatable or not, I only heard about it this morning.
It's once a real day. Also can do over 10k. Pouch is old used to get it trading to wandering mobs. Whatever you put in is what will come out. I tried posting this myself a few days ago but website was borked
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-01-06 16:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I really do want it and my LS leader has mules with all crafts maxed. I wasn't sure if I HAD to have her help. I really did know nothing about synergy. Even back when it was brand new, never looked into it. Didn't have a real reason.

You just need to know the bare minimum to get the recipe started to avoid being embarassed having the guy helping you and having to take his time to teach the intro.

Long story short:

1. Get someone with enough level (craftsman or capped);

2. Invite him to the party;

3. Get near a furnace but dont talk to it yet;

4. Replenish fewell (talk to guy in white near furnace);

5. Talk to furnace;

6. Trade the items to furnace till you see the confirmation to start synergy;

7. Start synergy and keep checking if the elements shown in chat log get alligned to the goal (there are 2 lines with element icon and number refering to them. All synergy isnt more than a game to match the element in the first line to the element in second line). If you dont know anything of synergy just dont do anything otherwise you will make it harder to the one actually synergyzing;

8. Make sure to stay alert till the message of synergy complete pop once elements in first line allign to the second line. Once you can complete synergy you need to rush a bit to hit "End Synergy". If you take long time either you will time out (because normally the recipe is done near the end of furnace HP) or some leak will mess the values and most likely it wont be able to recover on that try. So, dont be THAT GUY and miss a complete synergy;

9. Once you have finished the synergy, just remove the torque from furnace and make sure to pay some good reward to the guy helping you because nowaday only reason to do synergy is to make it easier to people who dont do it.

You can try some easy login mask synergy just to get a gist of it.
[+]
By cuddlyhamster 2020-01-06 18:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

fotia and incanters and the like are all pure synergy crafts, no need for any other crafts to make it.

Also, unlike all other crafts, you can do a lvl 80 craft even if you dont have any synergy skill. but there are limitations to what you can successfully do. the furnace has a pressure limitation that increases each time it is fed elements. if you are at the level of the craft or above, it will go up by 5%. if you are below, it will go up 5 + however much below the craft you are up to, i think, 20%. i think the percentages is the chance for the furnace to blow up. i dont like it going above 30%.
so if you are getting help, dont get the helpful idea of helping. u just have to pay attention and do what u are told.

Tipping is also good.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-01-08 09:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So in order to upgrade reforged relic to +2, you just need to ENTER the associated Dyna D zone. To upgrade to the +3, you need to beat the mid-boss, not the final boss, correct? Example, Sandy, you only need to beat Overlord's Tombstone and you can upgrade to +3?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-01-08 10:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So in order to upgrade reforged relic to +2, you just need to ENTER the associated Dyna D zone. To upgrade to the +3, you need to beat the mid-boss, not the final boss, correct? Example, Sandy, you only need to beat Overlord's Tombstone and you can upgrade to +3?

Correct. It does need to be done per slot, per job, rather than once and done like Vagary bosses and Empyrean +1. Just in case you hadn't caught that part.
First Page 2 3 ... 625 626 627 ... 836 837 838