Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 624 625 626 ... 842 843 844
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-22 13:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

He was talking about the in-game AH.
By huttburt<3 2019-12-22 19:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
Godhands. Punch stuff ftw
I decided on Godhands. I asked my 9 yr old son what he thought. He thought it would be cool to punch stuff.
[+]
By Mattelot 2019-12-22 20:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Your 9 year old is wise.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Mattelot 2019-12-26 09:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hakutaku is in the Den of Rancor :0)

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
Server: Cerberus
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2019-12-26 20:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

hello,
for BSTs, are these 2 statements valids ?

Reward Recast Reduction from gear cap at -23 seconds (25% of 90)
Then merit points tiers are added, breaking gear cap
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Reward don't talk of this cap

Reward Potency from gear cap at +50%
Then job points tiers are added, breaking gear cap
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Reward don't talk of this cap (but may be old)
By clearlyamule 2019-12-26 20:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes and yes.
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
Server: Cerberus
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2019-12-26 21:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Yes and yes.
thank you
i found weird that SE give reforged set which break reward potency (like in totemic set +1/+2/+3)
it would be like they give WHM set with cure potency+30 on 2 pieces (30+30=60), so 10% are wasted
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-27 10:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the easiest way to figure out a mob's INT stat?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-12-27 10:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Gillesjboulon said: »
clearlyamule said: »
Yes and yes.
thank you
i found weird that SE give reforged set which break reward potency (like in totemic set +1/+2/+3)
it would be like they give WHM set with cure potency+30 on 2 pieces (30+30=60), so 10% are wasted
They've done this a fair bit. With DRG for example, Pteroslaver armet+2 caps the non-augment breath+ term entirely by itself. So the additional potency on the +3 is completely impossible to make use of. /shrug.
By clearlyamule 2019-12-27 10:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
What's the easiest way to figure out a mob's INT stat?
Figure out it's MDB, mdt, and sdt then nuke it and do the math
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-12-28 10:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SE seems to have stealth changed F8's functionality back to targeting the nearest monster rather than the nearest NPC which was how it used to work years ago. I don't see them making a comment about it so I wonder if it was unintentional...

Does anyone know of a way to change it back?
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-28 10:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
SE seems to have stealth changed F8's functionality back to targeting the nearest monster rather than the nearest NPC which was how it used to work years ago. I don't see them making a comment about it so I wonder if it was unintentional...

It has always preferred monsters to npcs. It goes:
Nearest monster in cone of vision
if no monsters, nearest npc in cone of vision

It wasn't changed, it's been that way forever. An addon could be written to select a npc and insert the target command, but there's not a simple ingame way to fix it.
 Valefor.Darvis
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Darvis 2019-12-28 12:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Accidentally dropped one of my assault logs. Is there anyway to get a new one without having to restart the quest?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2019-12-28 12:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I recall reading that clicking the glowing ??? next to Paparoon will give you a new book, but I haven't tried myself. If not then maybe try talking to Paparoon himself.
 Valefor.Darvis
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Darvis 2019-12-28 12:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
I recall reading that clicking the glowing ??? next to Paparoon will give you a new book, but I haven't tried myself. If not then maybe try talking to Paparoon himself.

Talking to him didn't do anything, but the ??? gave me a new one. Thank you!
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-12-28 13:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

It wasn't changed, it's been that way forever. An addon could be written to select a npc and insert the target command, but there's not a simple ingame way to fix it.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/30639/dev-feedback-on-f8-key-targeting/

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/48564-Sep-16-2015-%28JST%29-Version-Update

"This issue wherein pressing F8 when a monster is in a player's field of vision would give targeting priority to monsters rather than non-combat NPCs directly in front."

Here are notes and sources that show they changed it to prioritize the closest NPC rather than the monster and that it not doing that. And the second link even shows a more direct message where they bug that's currently happening right now cropped up back in 2015 too.

So yeah, they either bugged out or stealth changed it back to prioritizing monsters over NPCs.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-28 15:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Does superwarps consume silt when using eschan portal or ethereal ingress warps for anyone else? Was looking at it after something was brought up to me, and it doesn't seem to. I don't think it's actually going through the menus properly.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-28 15:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the new Domain Invasion drops sendable to same-account?
None? All? Some?
By ryukin182 2019-12-28 15:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Does superwarps consume silt when using eschan portal or ethereal ingress warps for anyone else? Was looking at it after someone mentioned a problem with it, and it doesn't seem to for me. I don't think it's actually going through the menus properly.

Pretty sure you have to SET it to that for escha. A few people noticed it a while ago and found the option in the file to turn it on, as they didn't feel safe with it off. In readme.txt last paragraph about in zone teleporting. If this doesn't solve it idk what will
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-28 15:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »
Pretty sure you have to SET it to that for escha. A few people noticed it a while ago and found the option in the file to turn it on, as they didn't feel safe with it off.

After looking at the code, I don't see any setting in the readme or anywhere a setting would be checked in the process. Do you have a reference?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-12-28 16:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it was for like a month and every one complained they switched it back and moved the other to F9 I believe. It might of targeted the nearest PC when they did that switch though. I just remember that month sucking till they reverted.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-12-28 17:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Does superwarps consume silt when using eschan portal or ethereal ingress warps for anyone else? Was looking at it after something was brought up to me, and it doesn't seem to. I don't think it's actually going through the menus properly.

IDK about superwarp but homepoint dont seems to have any gil checker, and if you dont have enough gil even using addon you wont be teleported meaning the check on currency is made on server side.

Not consuming silt would mean the check is all on client side? seems weird.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2019-12-28 18:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »
Pretty sure you have to SET it to that for escha. A few people noticed it a while ago and found the option in the file to turn it on, as they didn't feel safe with it off.

After looking at the code, I don't see any setting in the readme or anywhere a setting would be checked in the process. Do you have a reference?
pretty sure he's talking about this "<enable_same_zone_teleport>false</enable_same_zone_teleport>" in the settings file.
By Pantafernando 2019-12-28 19:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That part is commented to be a “fix” to lack of animation being played during teleport in same zone.

It sounded like the teleport to same zone is a pos hack. That would explain not consuming silt.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-28 21:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Check is definitely not client side, the enable setting just blocks you using the warps. It isn't just a simple pos hack, it asks the server to warp you and the server responds with a packet triggering the warp, but something is wrong with the menu interaction because it's not deducting silt or kinetic units properly.

Only issue is that if the server isn't recognizing the menu interaction as complete it could be seen as POS from their end, and not deducting currencies sounds like it isn't.
First Page 2 3 ... 624 625 626 ... 842 843 844