Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 626 627 628 ... 831 832 833
By tyalangan 2020-01-08 10:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
So in order to upgrade reforged relic to +2, you just need to ENTER the associated Dyna D zone. To upgrade to the +3, you need to beat the mid-boss, not the final boss, correct? Example, Sandy, you only need to beat Overlord's Tombstone and you can upgrade to +3?

Correct
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-01-08 11:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, thank you

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Mattelot said: »
So in order to upgrade reforged relic to +2, you just need to ENTER the associated Dyna D zone. To upgrade to the +3, you need to beat the mid-boss, not the final boss, correct? Example, Sandy, you only need to beat Overlord's Tombstone and you can upgrade to +3?

Correct. It does need to be done per slot, per job, rather than once and done like Vagary bosses and Empyrean +1. Just in case you hadn't caught that part.

Missed this. This is good info too. I actually just beat the head vagary boss a couple days ago, so it's funny you said that.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-01-08 13:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I missing something about Maze Monger NM drops, or am I just unlucky? I've got the Lost and Found rune and as many monster strengthening runes active as I can fit, but I'm about 0/50 on Kerwen (with a bunch with multiple CC points for the 2nd chest) when most reports from back in the day seem to say NM drop rate is around 1/10 or so.

I'm wondering if I should switch to one of the other NMs that drop the Lycopodium Sash.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-01-08 14:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

drop rates suck, but not usually that bad. I’d try 10-15 without L&F. full CC points help more than anything in my experience.
By Mattelot 2020-01-10 06:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw videos of this guy on Pup letting his Automaton solo things. He always seems to summon Brygid. Is there a reason?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-10 06:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

A little defense boost for AoE safety
Quote:
Grants a +9.7% Defense Bonus and +5 Magic Defense Bonus at lv. 99
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-10 06:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Brygid gives a little of Def, CHR and MDB and doesn't require you to engage. Is a small additional defense layer for the master.
That's all there is to it, afaik.
By Mattelot 2020-01-10 06:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, that makes sense.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-01-11 14:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Do trusts add HP on escha mobs? (Do trusts add to hp scaling?)
By FaeQueenCory 2020-01-11 15:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Trusts don't increase Geas Fete NMs' HP. If it's just you, they'll have the same HP as if there's 3 ppl; which is the minimum.

Regular mobs have static HP.
By Draylo 2020-01-12 00:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

How does a fresh char start gaining C.C. points for maze monger?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-12 00:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to actually enter once to start points
By Draylo 2020-01-12 02:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

He entered with a copy maze and not getting anything, or is it with your own maze?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-12 02:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I was never 100% sure on that one, so I just took 2 brand new characters in to make sure.

Both got a rev team, both entered as a party on character 1's maze. We'll see if/which ones get points in an hour.

*update* Character 1 has 1 C.C Character 2 has 0 C.C.
to get points on a character, that character has to lead (any) maze
[+]
By Draylo 2020-01-13 03:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an addon that spams BPs under conduit
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-01-13 12:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to scheme up a good way to 3-box Kyou.

Main - Access to all DDs, tanks, GEO
Tiered in terms of their gear
Alt1 - Decked BRD, WHM, PUP, COR
Alt2 - Idris GEO, BRD, PUP, WHM, COR

Trusts get rekt, so my initial thought was PUP, BRD, DRG and sac the puppet. Using High Jump and Super Jump can force hate to be on it even if it died shortly before.

Biggest problem has been when getting to ~10% and the party keeps getting hammered with Meteors. Had best success when I went PUP, GEO, DRG, and mostly using Fade, but it was a scramble at 9% when repopping puppet and getting Meteored.

Anyone have a viable 3 box strat for it?

Does Migawari block it? If so I'd probably go NIN, WHM, BRD and just steamroll it.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-01-13 14:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Miga doesn't block the special move. It hits up to 14', though, so you can inch in without having to be on top of the mob. With the positioning down and an accession cure4 for cureskin, you can probably soak it with mages, luopan, and trust then use a setup like MNK GEO WHM.

edit: can't have accession and /smn, boo
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-01-13 14:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure I could manage keeping smn pet alive with all the Meteors anyway. I probably just need better control of my alts if I can get it to 10%. My GEO needs to be helping debuff it with paralyze to hopefully block a meteor. Admittedly I'm not the best at managing multiple characters in a chaos situation like if puppet dies. I have little to no faith in trusts staying alive. They're just such garbage without a campaign for them active.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-01-13 14:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I wonder if I geared my PUP better, I could use ventriloquy to make sure it took the blast and that would free up two chars for buffing and healing. Time to check if PUP is on malignance lol
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-01-13 14:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You summon the trusts on a mage, so they're only being hit by meteors and bravado. I'm sure PUP is possible, but needing a dedicated tank is kind of a detriment with only 3 chars.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-01-13 15:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
You summon the trusts on a mage, so they're only being hit by meteors and bravado. I'm sure PUP is possible, but needing a dedicated tank is kind of a detriment with only 3 chars.

Yeah, not thinking puppet tank, would plan on tanking it mostly as PUP master then doing a ventriloquy to dump all my hate before the big boom. Probably just use a RDM or WHM puppet. But summoning on my alt is a good idea too. Bringing WHM would help in keeping them alive better when the Meteors go off.
By tyalangan 2020-01-13 16:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Two PUP can duo with SP last 10%. I know it’s down on the list of your best geared alt jobs but if you can gear them up with some pet DT Taeon quick with Ohtas I’m sure adding your main as GEO would offset any damage.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-01-13 18:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Played around with some PUP Master DD macros and gave it another go as PUP main DD, GEO and BRD. Used WHM puppet and ventriloquy'd when within 2% of its next Bravado. Killed with 20 mins left on the clock. Completely forgot about its en-effect on melee attacks but wasn't so bad with WHM puppet, trusts, and alts to remove them. Couple of annoying moments but nothing crazy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-15 08:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

13 days per item, call it 6 items to be sure before they want money

2 and a half months. Also consider that the effort isn't there. 14 days of dragon hunting for 18m (which will drop considerably by then) people aren't going to keep doing dragons for an hour a day, every day for a measly million gil per day.

I'm not doing dragons at all, even though it's worth 12 wyrm ash every 2 weeks. Simply not worth bothering.

(*)also consider that in those 3 months, more random ***might get added to wyrm ash crafts. wyrm ash could be used to get UNM+2... anything could happen. price could triple. price could half. Interest could skyrocket with more new craftables. totally no way to know.
By kishr 2020-01-15 08:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

F domain, havnt tried the new one, don't care
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-01-15 09:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
F domain, havnt tried the new one, don't care
Missing out on so much good gear though
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-16 00:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody knows if the Domain Invasion items (earrings, belts etc) are same-account sendable?
By Davorin 2020-01-16 01:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody knows if the Domain Invasion items (earrings, belts etc) are same-account sendable?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/14591

Looks like they are undeliverable.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 626 627 628 ... 831 832 833