Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2019-03-13
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 587 588
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-15 12:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
That just kinda happens sometimes. Every now and then original filters data will sneak through.

Unless you're seeing it all the time for some weird reason.
 Asura.Fondue
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
Posts: 2359
By Asura.Fondue 2019-04-15 12:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Gunit said: »


What filter or battlemod changes do I need to make to stop the double info in log?

I just noticed this happening too, I cant say for sure but I'm not sure it was doing it before this weekend
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
Posts: 355
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2019-04-15 19:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Eiryl said: »
That just kinda happens sometimes. Every now and then original filters data will sneak through.

Unless you're seeing it all the time for some weird reason.
Been happening all the time now.
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: echohawk
Posts: 5
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2019-04-16 19:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
For the 90-95 mythic trials, does it matter weather I kill the chariot in Salvage version 1 or 2?
 Asura.Clairxi
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: elisexi
Posts: 93
By Asura.Clairxi 2019-04-16 19:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
It has to be version 1 in order to get the kill count
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: echohawk
Posts: 5
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2019-04-16 19:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lame, thanks though!
Online
Posts: 1050
By fillerbunny9 2019-04-16 23:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
does anyone know the average payout for Boxes/Cases of Plutons/Beitetsu/Boulders? I imagine the average should be the same for all three, but I am building stock so when I finish Gastraphetes I can move immediately to i119-2
 Shiva.Spynx
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: auron86
Posts: 332
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-04-18 09:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Does TH work if you one-shot a mob while wearing TH gear? What about cleaving multiple(i.e. only 1 of them will be claimed and the others will stay yellow)? My understanding is that it's an hidden debuff on the mob so potentially you need to tag before the kill for it to take effect.

Thanks!
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 5504
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-18 09:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
If I remember the test that SE did with a THF AoEing stuff and showing statistics on the drop rate, then I would say that as long as you:

1) Perform a direct action on a target while wearing TH gear
2) When the target dies, the system chooses you as appointee to receive the possible drops
3) The target didn't "reset" between when you perform the action and when the target dies

If these conditions are true then you should see the benefits of TH regardless of the name of the dying target being Red or not.
Kinda depends wether or not we want to trust SE, but I personally see no reason why they would go as far as releasing all that data performing that test only to trick us all.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: auron86
Posts: 332
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-04-18 11:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Sechs said: »
If I remember the test that SE did with a THF AoEing stuff and showing statistics on the drop rate, then I would say that as long as you:

1) Perform a direct action on a target while wearing TH gear
2) When the target dies, the system chooses you as appointee to receive the possible drops
3) The target didn't "reset" between when you perform the action and when the target dies

If these conditions are true then you should see the benefits of TH regardless of the name of the dying target being Red or not.
Kinda depends wether or not we want to trust SE, but I personally see no reason why they would go as far as releasing all that data performing that test only to trick us all.
Ok, thanks for the feedback, I was worried that one-shotting mobs in Omen with TH gear equipped could not apply TH and reduce my astrals income but if SE said that any direct action applies it, I should be fine.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
Posts: 5572
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-18 12:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Sechs said: »
test that SE did with a THF AoEing stuff and showing statistics on the drop rate
Is there a different SE than Square Enix? Why would they need to 'test' anything? They can check the code on it.
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 5504
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-18 17:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
test that SE did with a THF AoEing stuff and showing statistics on the drop rate
Is there a different SE than Square Enix? Why would they need to 'test' anything? They can check the code on it.
And you're asking me? D:
Granted we don't know how much "testing" stuff they have on their side and the people working ont he game now aren't probably the people who developed it, and I assume the code isn't commented particularly well :P

Regardless, as far as I remember they conducted that test because people (JP players too) didn't believe the info on the JP official guides, and SE performed that test with large numbers to show that yes, TH really does have an impact on drop rates blahblah.
I don't remember the details, was posted on the official forums if I recall, like, I dunno, 5+ years ago?
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 5504
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-18 17:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Spynx said: »
but if SE said that any direct action applies it, I should be fine.
Yes but I was going on what I remember, I'm not 100% sure the info I gave you is correct. I think it is but... you should verify it by searching for the original post on the official forums, if you're really that interested.
Offline
Posts: 2055
By Taint 2019-04-18 18:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
fillerbunny9 said: »
does anyone know the average payout for Boxes/Cases of Plutons/Beitetsu/Boulders? I imagine the average should be the same for all three, but I am building stock so when I finish Gastraphetes I can move immediately to i119-2


9. 99 cases is consistently in the 850-950 range.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
Posts: 355
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2019-04-18 23:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Anyway to set up Lua to change lockstyle when i change weapons?
 Asura.Yojimmbo
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yojimmbo
Posts: 1074
By Asura.Yojimmbo 2019-04-20 15:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ambuscade Great Katana: Multi Strikes any good?
First Page 2 3 ... 587 588
Log in to post.