Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 586 587 588 ... 835 836 837
By DaneBlood 2019-04-11 07:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vienner said: »
Has anyone seen Eschite ores drop in brown chests from Reisenjima lately? After release I got one like once every 3 days and now I never seem to get any. Starting to think they removed it as a possible spoil from brown chests.

got one monday during gainexp
By DaneBlood 2019-04-11 07:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
On second thought: maybe "helping others" only work for WS killshot trials, but not for the "use WS X times" ones?

im not sure but i dont think i have ever had killshot trials work in a group nor the use ws X number of times
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-11 08:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
On second thought: maybe "helping others" only work for WS killshot trials, but not for the "use WS X times" ones?

im not sure but i dont think i have ever had killshot trials work in a group nor the use ws X number of times
There was a time when it worked. Helped a lot of friends with those back then.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-04-11 08:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

you can group up for killshot trials
By Nariont 2019-04-11 08:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Im fairly certain it did or still does work but you need to be on the exact same trial to get credit off someone elses ws/killshot

May just be remembering wrong through, been a long time
By asuraasrial 2019-04-11 21:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm new to playing warrior and mildly not understanding the restraint ability. Should I be using this whenever cooldown is off full time or is there a strategy to it?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-12 01:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
you can group up for killshot trials
So it's just "killshots" trials? Not the "use WS X times" ones?
Has it always been like this?
By clearlyamule 2019-04-12 01:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think killshots was just the person doing it at first but they changed it pretty quick. Using something has always been just you
[+]
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
Server: Cerberus
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2019-04-12 07:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

hello, for the mythic fight against balrahn, how should i gear (SMN) ?
level 1 gear ? is there a risk that i can kill him or the dahak before ws ? can they kill me ?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-04-12 13:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe there's any risk of accidentally killing him (due to the weapon itself still being so weak), but in Lv1 gear he might be able to kill you. So just use any iLvl gear and you should be ok. And Hastega2 of course, but don't leave the avatar out.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-04-12 13:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't kill Balrahn, iirc. He'll sit there with 1% HP and start taking no dmg. But that makes it very hard to get the TP to use aftermath 1,2, then 3. I also seem to recall getting some regain out of nowhere during this.

Scared the ***outta me when I was making my first mythic(Ryu.) Cause I was killing him too fast and thought I might kill him or time out due to no TP gain. Was terrified I'd have to get my trophies again...

Keep in mind, you need to wait till he uses the mythic WS before you start going through the various aftermaths/

/SAM and sekkanoki are very useful for this fight. You can build up 3k TP while waiting for him to use the mythic ws, then turn away. Once he WS's, you can sekka, WS, WS to do AM1 and 2 rapidly, and then meditate to build towards AM3.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-04-12 13:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You get regain after Balrhan uses the mythic ws himself. They also changed him some time back so he now regens to help you get tp hitting him
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-12 14:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The regain is still only 1(10 now?)/tick though, so preferable to not have to wait for it. Not sure how long BC actually is.

The takeaway is pretty much that you won't lose in any gear, though.
By ryukin182 2019-04-12 16:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just returned to the game and learned recently about the enmity system and how it's ***for old content, and new formula for new content. Basically meaning its harder for DD to pull enmity off the mob if theres a real tank, pld or run, tanking the mob. When/where does this rule apply? I can't stop ripping enmity off tanks in ambu, so is it the mobs ilvl related, or is ambu not have the new enmity system that makes it easier for tanks?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-12 17:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

No matter how many times they adjust it the power creep is unstoppable. Even an absolutely perfect tank is losing enmity in 4~ ws when they do 50k each. And we all know how rare a good tank is instead of a good enough tank. An unsolvable problem.
By Afania 2019-04-13 08:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »
So I just returned to the game and learned recently about the enmity system and how it's ***for old content, and new formula for new content. Basically meaning its harder for DD to pull enmity off the mob if theres a real tank, pld or run, tanking the mob. When/where does this rule apply? I can't stop ripping enmity off tanks in ambu, so is it the mobs ilvl related, or is ambu not have the new enmity system that makes it easier for tanks?

Ambu uses new rule. If your tank still lose hate that easily then its either hate reset or their gear/playstyle lacking.

One easy way to solve this issue is use RUN tank and have them DD too. I rarely see tank lose hate if they also do good dps and already cycling proper enmity JA/spells.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-04-13 17:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Do they still have the stupid once-per-IRL-day entry restriction of Arrapago Remnants?
By Autocast 2019-04-13 19:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

think that's for V2 only and as far as I'm aware, yes.
By Taint 2019-04-13 19:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
ryukin182 said: »

Ambu uses new rule. If your tank still lose hate that easily then its either hate reset or their gear/playstyle lacking.

One easy way to solve this issue is use RUN tank and have them DD too. I rarely see tank lose hate if they also do good dps and already cycling proper enmity JA/spells.

Pretty sure it’s the old rule with a shared zone hate element. Lvl99 mobs with buffed stats.

DDs take a much longer time to cap hate with the lvl100+ mobs. Think Divergence or omen.

Edit: I was wrong.
By Autocast 2019-04-13 21:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairly certain ambu mobs scale in level not just stay 99, could of sworn someone (martel or someone having a discussion with him) using widescan? packets to determine mob levels of unity mobs and ambuscade mobs and several others.

VD ambu quite clearly uses the new high level hate rules, its actually a joke to hold hate in VD ambu unless the mob has a hate reset, compared to things like most UNM (lvl99 mobs with stat scaling) where it is flat out impossible or high tier bcnm where the DD doesn't even have to do much dmg to pull hate.

Edit: Link to mob level discussion/claim

Widescan packets
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-04-13 21:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade most certainly has level 100+ monsters. The zone was specifically patched for it.
[+]
By Autocast 2019-04-14 00:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a chart with Dyna D weapon/neck points per rank? (I know where to find total points required, just curious about points per specific rank)

Know i've seen one posted here.
[+]
By trinironnie 2019-04-14 16:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what the GEO has style locked as body in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS_269A5E2c
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-14 16:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ebur Coat
By trinironnie 2019-04-14 17:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you <3
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-14 19:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So question to a problem I had earlier that I finally figured out the cause, wondering if theres a solution.

So. When I start a movie or show all my games get the sound muted. Can't get the sound back until they are closed and reopened. Anyone seen that and/or know how to get that to stop? Kind of annoying. Only happens with HD movies/shows I can watch anything under 720p without the games losing sound. the second I start something 720 or 1080 they instantly mute and stay muted.

Unrelated to XI but anything 720 or better breaks ALL of my volume controls lol. literally cannot turn it up or down. Only on or off. I'm pretty sure the TV somehow overrides the pc controls with the movies and tv app, but not sure why it mutes the games.
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2019-04-15 01:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Autocast said: »
Does anyone have a chart with Dyna D weapon/neck points per rank? (I know where to find total points required, just curious about points per specific rank)

Know i've seen one posted here.
Check out this thread:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53270/rp-by-the-level-rmea-upgrades-and-su5-items#3407119
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-04-15 07:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if there's a way for two people with the same addon/plugin to send packet data to one another, for the purpose of relaying buff/debuff info for alliance members? As a Yagrush WHM, drives me nuts that I it's hard to know what debuffs my alliance members have unless I catch the move and see that they're in range (guess work, half of the time), or they tell me (which... they don't). It'd also be nice to know if alliance members need haste/flurry when I'm RDM.
 Phoenix.Lobsang
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lobsang 2019-04-15 07:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
So question to a problem I had earlier that I finally figured out the cause, wondering if theres a solution.

So. When I start a movie or show all my games get the sound muted. Can't get the sound back until they are closed and reopened. Anyone seen that and/or know how to get that to stop? Kind of annoying. Only happens with HD movies/shows I can watch anything under 720p without the games losing sound. the second I start something 720 or 1080 they instantly mute and stay muted.

Unrelated to XI but anything 720 or better breaks ALL of my volume controls lol. literally cannot turn it up or down. Only on or off. I'm pretty sure the TV somehow overrides the pc controls with the movies and tv app, but not sure why it mutes the games.

That sounds like something else is taking the sound channels to play the movies. I had a similar issue where if i switched my dac to 7.1 games n such would not hand over and needed opening and re-closes before they would reproduce sound. If I recall correctly i went into windows sounds and disabled everything bar the dac that was outputting and this seemed to resolve the issue.

TV probably has a similar option, Id assume it's just muting extra sounds that it isn't using itself.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2019-04-15 12:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What filter or battlemod changes do I need to make to stop the double info in log?
First Page 2 3 ... 586 587 588 ... 835 836 837