Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 535 536 537 ... 834 835 836
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-23 16:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Why WOULDNT you add bard, ludes, minuets, ballads.

And yeah, cor and non-anni RNG have a pretty high rate of getting you wiped lol... be careful. The first 99999 Last stand will be fine... the second, gg
By Afania 2018-04-23 16:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I feel like hate would have been an issue with non Anni RNG. Not sure how the speed would be vs SMNs if there were 2 RNG that had to hold back.

Also why add BRD with RNG+COR?

Cor works, just pretty risky if they don't put effort in enmity- thimgs. There's enmity-50 last stand set I posted somewhere long time ago specifically designed for fight like this to avoid hate.

If your cor can build a capped enmity- set for both tp and ws, they are much less likely to pull hate.

Rng may not need brd, but for cor it's pretty useful on Fu level content. Extra acc never hurt for cor.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-04-23 21:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like hate would have been an issue with non Anni RNG. Not sure how the speed would be vs SMNs if there were 2 RNG that had to hold back.

Also why add BRD with RNG+COR?

Compared to a non-anni RNG hate can easily be an issue, but you can ride the line if you're smart about it and just shooting mindlessly.

Hey, I'll take all the attack buffs I can get. If you have idris+lucky chaos roll with regal neck I'm sure you're more than fine, the BRD is nice for extra minuets in situations where you don't have those ideal buffers. Plus, they heal the tank, and if you plan buffs correctly, can give them scherzo.
By tyalangan 2018-04-24 10:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Lost Articles move on a timer or do they respawn randomly after being found and do not move until someone finds them?
By geigei 2018-04-24 11:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not moving until someone finds it, sucks, there's a place in morimar i never find.
[+]
By tyalangan 2018-04-24 11:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So... I'm doing multiple characters. Sounds like you're saying if I click the article with one it will disappear for the others immediately meaning I will have to run around until I find one for each character?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-24 11:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Do we have anything to turn off NPC collision or has that been something that hasn't been brought back?

GM Mode on Tako / clipper / cupper

Post deleted by User.
By zaxtiss 2018-04-24 11:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

does cupper even exist any more?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-24 11:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly do not know.
By geigei 2018-04-24 11:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
So... I'm doing multiple characters. Sounds like you're saying if I click the article with one it will disappear for the others immediately meaning I will have to run around until I find one for each character?
Yea, have fun.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-04-24 15:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Why WOULDNT you add bard, ludes, minuets, ballads.

And yeah, cor and non-anni RNG have a pretty high rate of getting you wiped lol... be careful. The first 99999 Last stand will be fine... the second, gg
I mean in exchange for another RNG or even a second COR.

Except prelude increases cor dps more than anything else you can get on Fu, you may as well use roll only cor if cor isn't getting prelude in ilv 140 content, since cor without brd=***dps and there's no way around it....And vice versa. The job is extremely strong with brd.

I don't know about rng, but cors dps(both melee and ranged mode) with brd and without is night and day. If I remember correctly, you need 1450ish racc on Fu, so prelude always help....a lot.

If your cor doesn't have perfect racc set expect him to parse 5% without a single racc buffs. Even if he does expect him to parse half of rng DMG as well. He may not be able to maintain 4 hit without good SAM roll in high racc swaps, and that kills dps.

There's no point to use 2nd cor if both cor aren't getting prelude, since they won't contribute much dps without prelude, if at all. 3 rng 1 cor don't necessarily deal more dps than 2 rng 1 Cor 1 brd either. People often think more underbuffed dps > less properly buffed dps. It doesn't work that way.

Always, always use a brd with a DD cor, otherwise it's the same as using roll only cor.

Edit: Typo as always.....
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-04-24 15:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Prelude is a must for COR on anything CL135+ in my book. My sets are solid, but without the traits and base racc that a RNG gets, along with fewer options for extreme racc in some slots (although, they are definitely catching up), COR really falls off fast.

Lets not forget that Minuets boost attack and ranged attack. Its a huge boon, especially for weaponskills.

While Afania makes a very true point that 2RNG,1COR,1BRD doesn't necessarily outparse 3RNG,1COR, I do prefer the former. Less TP feed, even though its not like you're dual wielding daggers and just giving the mob a buffet of TP, and fewer shooters can also mean easier natural skillchaining rather than someone holding TP constantly.
By Afania 2018-04-24 16:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Prelude is a must for COR on anything CL135+ in my book. My sets are solid, but without the traits and base racc that a RNG gets, along with fewer options for extreme racc in some slots (although, they are definitely catching up), COR really falls off fast.

Lets not forget that Minuets boost attack and ranged attack. Its a huge boon, especially for weaponskills.

While Afania makes a very true point that 2RNG,1COR,1BRD doesn't necessarily outparse 3RNG,1COR, I do prefer the former. Less TP feed, even though its not like you're dual wielding daggers and just giving the mob a buffet of TP, and fewer shooters can also mean easier natural skillchaining rather than someone holding TP constantly.

What I meant is, 2 rng 1 Cor 1 brd usually beats 3 rng 1 cor no brd in acc 1450 content XD.

My(and many other cor that I know of)dps with TS up was quite competitive to rng before rng relic +3 legs/body release.....with a brd of course. That's how strong the job is with appropriate buffs.

Without acc buffs cor dps is noticeably lower, much lower. Not being able to use empy body/oshosi +1/QS hands for TS is dps killer. Without TS up it's also impossible to maintain 3 hit in racc swaps.

Cor with prelude can use a lot more ts/qs gears and lower hit build for faster tp TS down. Without prelude it's basically the same as roll only cor. May as well come cor/whm.
By Quizzy 2018-04-24 16:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we losing Cornelia next update?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-24 16:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quizzy said: »
Are we losing Cornelia next update?

Yuuuuuuup /sadface
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-24 21:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I get someone good with excel to hit me up. Looking to update a sheet, but something isn't working quite right.

The list of targets on the "other lists" tab has 15 mobs, but the "setup" tab will only show 13 of them.

Also, if you have a newer one, with more newer targets, can you just post that part.

Verdas only has up to Serac Rabbits and Apex crabs and they don't show up in the setup tab.
By Staleyx 2018-04-25 01:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Cornelia's alter ego may be used between the version update on Monday, September 11, 2017, and the version update in May 2018.

From BG

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-04-26 00:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a point to me running coalition assignments out to further bivs or do I get the same progress for running out to ceizak biv1 for ..I guess coalition fame.

No, it doesn't matter which one you turn stuff in to. You also are able to use waypoints now instead of having to run to them.
By clearlyamule 2018-04-26 00:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Is there a point to me running coalition assignments out to further bivs or do I get the same progress for running out to ceizak biv1 for ..I guess coalition fame.

No, it doesn't matter which one you turn stuff in to. You also are able to use waypoints now instead of having to run to them.
It doesn't matter assuming the same assignment but I think he was asking about different assignments ie ceizak vs say kahmir and then yes it makes a huge difference for fame. Also different bivs in the same zone/assignment will offer different xp/bayld though same coalition fame.
By Quizzy 2018-04-26 00:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This is making me crazy...

I have a naked WAR/SAM with Ragnarok equipped in my P.Jeuno MH.

STATS:
DEX=104
GS,skill=420
Rag,skill=269

(600 ≤ Skill): Accuracy from Skill = floor((Skill - 600)×0.9) + 540

Accuracy from DEX = floor(DEX×0.75)

So I should have ACCURACY = 80 + 540 + 78 + 60(rag bonus) = 758

When I do /checkparam it shows 794... What the ***am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I'm an idiot... job points.
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-04-26 00:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

acc from jp gifts
By Quizzy 2018-04-26 01:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dade said: »
acc from jp gifts