Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 536 537 538 ... 838 839 840

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-27 21:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, nvm its ohshi, somehow turned itself on.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-04-28 07:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you need to be lvl 99 to enter ambu?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-04-28 08:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What are some AoE healer trusts similar to Selh'teus?
By Pantafernando 2018-04-28 08:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

For the upcoming free week campaign, im aware that doesnt cover the reactivation of mog wardrobe (based on previous campaigns) but i would like to ask how does that work in practice. Are we prevented of putting/removing gear there or the restriction goes as far as to prevent even access to equip the gear stored there (like if all my set is in wardrobe i will log on completely naked?).

Thanks in advance.

Post deleted by User.
By phunky 2018-04-28 09:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »

Apururu has curaga and Arciela has Illustrious Aid that she uses pretty often.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-04-28 09:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »

Lilisette II, Ingrid II, Arciela, Iroha II off the top of my head that use tp/jas to heal.
By Nyarlko 2018-04-28 09:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

For the upcoming free week campaign, im aware that doesnt cover the reactivation of mog wardrobe (based on previous campaigns) but i would like to ask how does that work in practice. Are we prevented of putting/removing gear there or the restriction goes as far as to prevent even access to equip the gear stored there (like if all my set is in wardrobe i will log on completely naked?).

Thanks in advance.

If you don't pay for it, then it functionally does not exist. Anything in it already would be entirely inaccessible.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-04-28 11:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Someone mentioned a melee set up for Kei once, I think in this thread. What is it?

While I'm not a fan of it, a super decked/buffed SAM can solo multistep Kei to a win. You're still going to want someone dedicated to fight the massive regen, meaning either your GEO is quite busy or a 2nd offensive mage (BLM, RDM, SCH). In addition, Dancing Fullers deals 2500 damage per target to each target inside about a 15' range, meaning if you use a melee tactic, either you're having the SAM tank or they're able to get out range and let the "real" tank hold it, no bubble. Yes, its possible to outrun Fullers, but I never suggest that as part of a base strategy. First beat it, then learn to get cute. If Kei is new to you, that "per target" also includes Luopans.

As long as you can multi-step reliably, its quite possible to have a melee strat. I'm sure a well geared/buffed Great Axe WAR can do this as well. Also, since there seems to be an occasional confusion on Kei's actual mechanics, here's how He works in a multistep strat:

WS #1(weak damage, shield up)-> WS#2(still weak damage)> skillchain resultant of 2nd WS, now damage shield is down> WS #3(full damage due to prior skillchain)>SC dmg (also full).

This is also why SCH+RNG works so well if buffed and geared for Trueflight. It takes the full Fusion chain from the SCH to remove the shield so Trueflight deals its real damage, and thus, the resultant light deals full damage as well. If you can create that first skillchain with a traditional melee, you're doing the same thing. Paving the path for that 3rd WS and any after.

****EDIT: I would be remiss if I didn't say that SCH+a few BLMs is by far the easiest way to do Kei. Even as a Gastra RNG that absolutely loves doing this fight SCH+RNG, its not the most efficient nor possible for all to do. The same can be said for a strictly melee strat. Have your fun, challenge yourself, but know its not the easiest or fastest at all.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-28 11:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Still largely unnecessary and inefficient.

SCH BLM BLM GEO RUN can drop it in under 3 minutes every time, though it's good to bring a second SCH so you have more stratagems for midboss and don't need 1hrs.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-04-28 11:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Still largely unnecessary and inefficient.

SCH BLM BLM GEO RUN can drop it in under 3 minutes every time, though it's good to bring a second SCH so you have more stratagems for midboss and don't need 1hrs.

dang I even edited my post knowing you'd bring that up^^ Thought I'd beat ya to it so I didn't look foolish.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-28 13:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
While I'm not a fan of it, a super decked/buffed SAM can solo multistep Kei to a win. You're still going to want someone dedicated to fight the massive regen, meaning either your GEO is quite busy or a 2nd offensive mage (BLM, RDM, SCH). In addition, Dancing Fullers deals 2500 damage per target to each target inside about a 15' range, meaning if you use a melee tactic, either you're having the SAM tank or they're able to get out range and let the "real" tank hold it, no bubble. Yes, its possible to outrun Fullers, but I never suggest that as part of a base strategy. First beat it, then learn to get cute. If Kei is new to you, that "per target" also includes Luopans.

Not that I disagree that the other methods are generally better, but you're really overstating the difficulty for doing it with a SAM. It's quite easy to outrun Fullers and the Regen is almost never a problem since the SC window is nearly always open.

While I suspect a WAR could do it just fine, I prefer SAM since it has easy access to a good hybrid meva set.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-04-28 16:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that I'm new to it, just that good BLM and SCH can be hard to find for PUG and Glassy Thinker is a nightmare with SC MB. Also no RNG ever answers shouts.

If you have difficulty finding blm sch in shout, you will have even more difficulty finding DD and appropriate support for it. Blm sch setup is much more PUG friendly than DD from my experience. It's less likely to *** up and doesn't need amazing gears, nor rare support job like brd.

With melee you would need a brd, and DD that can multistep, tank and run away.

There are several ways to rep sch blm if you can't find them. 2 Fomalhaut cor or rng can do light sc outside of aoe range by timing their last stands. You would never run out of strat that way, and Fomalhaut cor is dim a dozen, easy to find.

Alternatively run pld can open light for the cor rng if you try to keep pt size small, so you only need one ranged job instead of 2.

Another way is smn+cor or something, but use bp instead.

I think smn can rep blm too, once again, dim a dozen job.

Also you can have cor DD on thinker instead if you go that way.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-04-29 09:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a few good DD about that join PUG rust I can trust and finding GEO and COR areas not hard. Finding bards is near impossible though.
It's really like to try the SAM method but why would that mean they have to be tanking? Could not have a tank and both run out?

Mainly because it's not needed I guess? You can do it if you want but it's 1 more person splitting drops and DD still need to run anyways. Also since you keep asking how to do it, Why don't you check ejiins video on YouTube.

Without a brd I personally don't see melee setup being better than nuke at all.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-04-30 13:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

For Mog Garden focusing just on ranking up all of them to max (specifically Garden Furrows), is it best to use crystals to increase the amount of harvests per crop or to use an item that reduces the growing time?

Haven't found much info as to what others do to rank this up quickly. I know it's probably going to take a few months just want to make sure I'm being efficient.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-30 13:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The best way to furrow, is to revival roots. 1 hour per harvest.

It's based on number of times harvested, so you can knock it out real fast with those.

To answer what you asked though, it's based on times harvested, not items harvested. So it doesn't matter what you get, only how fast you get it.

Quote:
"M.H.M.U. Treatise on Agronomy" 7 Gather from Furrow 512 times 11000

That's about... 6 months if you only check it once a day.
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-04-30 14:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The best way to furrow, is to revival roots. 1 hour per harvest.

It's based on number of times harvested, so you can knock it out real fast with those.

To answer what you asked though, it's based on times harvested, not items harvested. So it doesn't matter what you get, only how fast you get it.

Quote:
"M.H.M.U. Treatise on Agronomy" 7 Gather from Furrow 512 times 11000

That's about... 6 months if you only check it once a day.

It's 512 harvests total? So fertilizing w/ a crystal to add 1 more "harvest" doesn't really help it? I may just be confused how it's worded on BGwiki "Increases crop yield by 1; Yields 1-3 additional items", thought by increasing the crop yield it'd be like doing 2 revival tree roots instead of 1, is that wrong?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-30 14:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

512 'actual going to the furrow and clicking harvest'

3 nodes, 512 times, 170 days (more like 200 days, because you dont start with 3 nodes)

What fertilizers do, is increase number of items which doesn't matter for ranking up.

A couple items speed up growth time though dung, grow-m-good and one of the humus items
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-04-30 14:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
512 'actual going to the furrow and clicking harvest'

3 nodes, 512 times, 170 days (more like 200 days, because you dont start with 3 nodes)

What fertilizers do, is increase number of items which doesn't matter for ranking up.

A couple items speed up growth time though dung, grow-m-good and one of the humus items

That is awesome information, thank you! I was using grove hummus to reduce roots to 45min per harvest until i thought about using crystals. I'll go back to using hummus though. Looks like if I can manage to do it 8-10 times a day shouldn't take TOO long. As far as everything besides Garden Furrows, is that just a "empty it out every day" type thing? I'm assuming it resets at JP midnight and I'll just have to stay on top of doing each of them whenever it resets.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-30 15:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The other things, yeah, just empty every day. Those only take 2 monthsish to max, give or take.

750 mines
750 Chops/weeds
80 nets
80 ponds
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-30 16:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Especially when multiboxing, I've found arborscent seeds to be a good middle ground. Harvest time is 2 hours instead of the 1 hour from revival roots, but they can be harvested twice per seed and are available from the goblin NPC in leafallia.

Revival roots are often not available on AH and any time spent farming them is additional time wasted. If you're in a real hurry to increase your number of furrows, or idling in garden, roots are obviously the best choice. However, I've had no trouble keeping furrow progression equal to the rest using seeds and checking in periodically.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-30 17:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I am ready to be trolled but I’ve been actually trying to play mage jobs more(most of my ffxi it was support, DD and tank.) I was looking into raetic staff +1 for blm or sch. Cons and pros please. I’m pretty much a complete mage newb.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-30 17:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Stikini Ring add +5 to both Geomancy and Handbell skill?

All means all, yes.
First Page 2 3 ... 536 537 538 ... 838 839 840