Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 534 535 536 ... 834 835 836

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Netero
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bodille
By Asura.Netero 2018-04-21 05:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hrohj said: »
Shiva.Cziella said: »
Any other RDM can corroborate that Vitiation Tabard +3 enhancing duration +15 is not working? or am I going crazy?
No Composure
Set up: Ammurapi, Telchine Head(10), [Body], Atrophy Gloves+3, Telchine Legs(10), Lethargy Feet +1, Ghostfyre(20)
I'm getting this with the same sets, gearswap unloaded, and just body variations:
Vitiation Tabard +3 = 7:41 secs
Telchine Body = 8:14

Edit, not even sure why I even typed all that, and made things convoluted. Made things slimper, fully naked protect 30:20 secs, Telchine body(10) 33:20, Tabard +3 (15) 30:20

Oh why SE....

Yeah, there's something wrong with it. It's equal-to-or-worse than my Telchine Chasuble (+10) for every self-buff. This can't possibly be right...

I haven't got vitiation tabard +3 yet to test it, augmented gears and non augmented gears are calculated differently.
A quick calculation of mine is telling me ( using your set ) that tabard +3 should win by 10 sec over telchine, no composure and testing haste 2 on self target.
A friend in LS once told me that my haste 2 casted on him lasts 10 min which is not right ( no Naturalist's Roll or run gifts ) his timers were wrong so you might wanna check that.
By tyalangan 2018-04-21 08:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

When I got my tabard I immediately tested and it did more than my telchine. I’ll test again and report back.

EDIT Well... shoot. I had Telchine +8 and when I used Tabard +3 and initially tested it went up so didn't really look into it more. When i tested just now the difference between my Telchine and Tabard was 1.76% increase meaning, yes, it is only a duration enhancement of +10%~ when compared to Telchine +8. However, naked to Tabard +3 only gives 8.4%~.

Testing Haste with and without Composure:

Telchine +8:
7:35 min. 455 total sec.
22:50 min. 1370 total sec.

Tabard +3:
7:43 min. 463 total sec. (1.76% increase)
23:11 min 1391 total sec. (1.56% increase)

----
No body equiped vs. Tabard +3
7:07 min. 427 total sec.
7:43 min. 463 total sec. (8.43% increase)
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2018-04-21 11:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: This was a reply to Sechs, hit the reply button instead of quote.

I was using W4 timers plug in, those haste2 timers were the same on me and my 2nd character, both same results. if there's was a 5 seconds error, it's not a big deal seeing how both characters were getting the same duration with and without the body on. the 20 seconds is from RDM Gifts. The Tabard +3 text says 15% not +15, it might even be an English typo? and not even be there at all... Hello Regal Gem?

IT's not only good for selfbuffs, it is the highest FC body (Inconsequential, too easy to cap FC on all mage jobs, specially RDM with 30 base +8 gift FC, but gives a lot of wiggle room to cap it with just 3 FC pieces) it is the highest healing skill body a rdm can use. it is the highest enhancing skill body too, it's only +2/4skill over other versions, but that's how we break temper II tiers with atm, +2/4 skills here and there (Currently 614 enhancing, according to BG my last tier would be 610, and the body isn't needed, but that means I can couldn't break 610 if I didn't do AF1+3 legs, same situation, only +2/4 skill over previous versions). Depending on overall gear/situations it might be a Savage Blade Contender vs Jhakri Body.

I might be wrong, but according to the BGwiki (I'm sounding a lot like "my dad said") 5/5 Empy buffs with composure on others is +80% (50 sets +30 feet) a mix and match of telchine (max) and varius RDM AF versions can reach up to 85%, 5% is not relevant like you said, but what is FFXI if not but of irrelevant +5stat +5 acc, +3%DA +1%TA upgrades in every other slot?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-21 11:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

5/5 Empy Buffs (during composure) is +95%, because the composure set bonus and the enhancing duration on the feet are not additive.

There are four different enhancing terms, three of which are multiplicative (standard enhancing duration, augmented enhancing duration, and composure/composure empy set bonus), and one that is additive before multiplication (enhancing duration job points).

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-21 11:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Key word; now

You couldn't, now you can.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-21 11:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just a line lost in a wall of text that escaped a revision. If you spend 5 seconds in Jeuno, it'll be pretty evident that this was changed.
By Nyarlko 2018-04-21 12:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Any other RDM can corroborate that Vitiation Tabard +3 enhancing duration +15 is not working? or am I going crazy?
No Composure
Set up: Ammurapi, Telchine Head(10), [Body], Atrophy Gloves+3, Telchine Legs(10), Lethargy Feet +1, Ghostfyre(20)
I'm getting this with the same sets, gearswap unloaded, and just body variations:

Edit, not even sure why I even typed all that, and made things convoluted. Made things slimper, fully naked protect 30:20 secs, Telchine body(10) 33:20, Tabard +3 (15) 30:20

Oh why SE....

File a bug report on OF. That sounds like it's just broken.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2018-04-21 13:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
No Composure

Oh why SE....

File a bug report on OF. That sounds like it's just broken.

Don't have an OF account :x

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-22 21:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So random question, what is the //command for the JA hide?

/hide and //hide changes your online status instead of using hide

And if there isn't one... how do I change onlinestatus //hide to hide //hide
By Davorin 2018-04-23 00:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
So random question, what is the //command for the JA hide?

/hide and //hide changes your online status instead of using hide

And if there isn't one... how do I change onlinestatus //hide to hide //hide
If you have shortcuts loaded, you can type
Code
/ja hide
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2018-04-23 01:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best avenue to farming Escha Beads solo outside of spamming Quetz? I'm 30k from being able to start aeonic and it's hard to find a group actually spamming.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-23 03:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tearxx said: »
What's the best avenue to farming Escha Beads solo outside of spamming Quetz? I'm 30k from being able to start aeonic and it's hard to find a group actually spamming.

Solo beads on a dead *** server is gonna be rough no matter what. Efficiency wise, you really will have to do dragons. Try to time it better when people are actually on.

Cause the alternatives for soloing are not great. You've got farming thousands of ROE objective mobs. Spamming t1-2 mobs 3000 times. (maybe t3 if you're good).

.... and thats about it.

You have to kill 10 mobs for the average 8 beads. 37,500 Eschan Phaubo, for example. Which is how I got my first 50,000 beads. Botting those.

Post deleted by User.
By Staleyx 2018-04-23 05:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

The 2 options are quetz farm or spamming a tier 1 of choice.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-04-23 06:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
When I got my tabard I immediately tested and it did more than my telchine. I’ll test again and report back.

EDIT Well... shoot. I had Telchine +8 and when I used Tabard +3 and initially tested it went up so didn't really look into it more. When i tested just now the difference between my Telchine and Tabard was 1.76% increase meaning, yes, it is only a duration enhancement of +10%~ when compared to Telchine +8. However, naked to Tabard +3 only gives 8.4%~.

Testing Haste with and without Composure:

Telchine +8:
7:35 min. 455 total sec.
22:50 min. 1370 total sec.

Tabard +3:
7:43 min. 463 total sec. (1.76% increase)
23:11 min 1391 total sec. (1.56% increase)

----
No body equiped vs. Tabard +3
7:07 min. 427 total sec.
7:43 min. 463 total sec. (8.43% increase)

That's because almost all Enhancing Duration multiplies with each other and is not additive which is a good thing. I posted the math last month but here it is again.
Code
(Normal Duration + RDM Job Points + Gear that list Seconds) × (Augments Composure Bonus) × (Nonaugmented Gear + Naturalist's Roll) × (Augmented Gear) x (Rune Gifts)

As you can see Augmented and Nonaugmented gear are different terms.
Edit: I also made this: https://chiaia.optic-ice.com/Enhancing%20Duration.html to calc anything you may want to
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-23 12:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
did u stay inside after vorseals wore ?

Yes. and with your follow up question being, how?

Evasive job sub dnc, with react, a strong idle regen set. and the best trust setup. (with, and without mollifier for hope drops)

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-23 13:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranged set up, be it 2 ranger 2 buffer healer tank, or rng cor geo brd whm tank, or smns
By Pantafernando 2018-04-23 14:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
DirectX said: »
What's a good PUG set up for Fu?

SMN strat works, either with or without conduit (normally i save conduit in case a wipe happens).

With a good RUN prob you can have a geo healing if you play conservative and limit how many buffs you have during ebullient nulification.

Pretty easy fight, shouldnt have much trouble here.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-04-23 14:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

having done about 170 Fus in the quest for a mystical body, your question on a good PUG setup for it caught my eye.

I prefer PLD tank on Fu because I've found you can let Fu absorb more buffs than with a good RUN tank...although Lux Runes do help in general on Omen bosses.

Setup I run with on extreme lowman Fus is: PLD RNG COR GEO BRD, RNG using Annihilator. Everyone except PLD is then out of range of Embuillent Nullification. COR does Sam/Chaos, BRD does honor/minuet x3 (obviously can be altered for either non-Marsyas or 3song brd), GEO stands by RNG and does Fury/Frailty/Entrust-AGI. RNG spams Coronach for Darkness Skillchains and the -enmity. BRD and GEO can cover the healing with a PLD tank no worries.

Typically I let Fu absorb 4 buffs. Start with 2-3, see how your Tank handles it. Can always let him absorb more @75% if its a cakewalk for the PLD after the first absorb.

Also, its a strange tactic but one I've insisted on for a long time. Have your tank run the edge of the arena around to the BACK of Fu, and pull him from there. Fu will then move AWAY from the rest of the party (the superbuffed people that are a risk to be absorbed) and you'll never get that "we were at 21!" from your non-tank members as the tank pulled and Fu ran forward just a hair enough to get Embiullent off on everyone.

If you add people, can easily add another Annihilator RNG or a token THF to tag Fu with TH at "safe" times then run away. Or of course a true healer is just gravy.

Then begin your crying as you get Double-scaled for the next 4 months...but keep pluggin. The Nisroch is almost a myth...not completely though.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-04-23 14:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

the Anni just makes it so the RNG never has to worry once about pulling hate/draw-in. That, and self-chaining darkness with Coronach>Coronach. A Fomalhaut RNG can also self with Last Stand>Last Stand for Light, and it WILL parse higher but without the aftermath of -enmity. If the RNG plays nice, and uses Decoy Shot constantly, hate should be fine. Remembering that Decoy Shot will work cross-party, but will not work on Weaponskills. Considering that a RNG's dmg is so incredibly scaled towards Weaponskills these days, Decoy is a nice tool but not a complete safeguard.
By clearlyamule 2018-04-23 15:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet strats also work great for Fu.

The only people who really need buffs are pups who can stay at range so you can carefully tune how much ebullient absorbs based on your ability to take dmg. The buffs don't matter that you lost them. And dmg cap is a major equalizer for lower dmgs jobs like pup and bst.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 534 535 536 ... 834 835 836