By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-24 01:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

02-03-2012 01:39 AM
[source1][source2]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1072] Job Adjustments: Dark Knight

• Weapon Bash

• Weapon Bash recast time will be reduced from five minutes to three.
    • To preserve balance in light of this change, the Weapon Bash Recast merit point enhancement will be adjusted to reduce recast time by six seconds per level, instead of the previous ten.

• Arcane Circle

• Recast time reduced from ten minutes to five.
    • Duration increased from one minute to three.
      Reduction granted by Arcane Circle Recast merit enhancement adjusted from twenty seconds per point to ten.

• Arcane Crest

• Recast time reduced from ten minutes to five.

[dev1086] Job Adjustments: Dark Knight Part II

• Dark Seal

• Recast time will be reduced from fifteen minutes to five.
    • Additional merit points will no longer reduce recast time, but instead reduce casting time for dark magic spells by an additional 10% per point.

• Diabolic Eye

• Recast time will be reduced from fifteen minutes to ten.
    • Additional merit points will no longer reduce recast time, but instead reduce maximum HP by an additional 20% per point.

Subscribe
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-01-24 01:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Balance.
[+]
 Cerberus.Thongypoo
Server: Cerberus
user: Thongypoo
By Cerberus.Thongypoo 2012-01-24 02:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
  • Weapon Bash recast time will be reduced from five minutes to three.

• To preserve balance in light of this change, the Weapon Bash Recast merit point enhancement will be adjusted to reduce recast time by six seconds per level, instead of the previous ten.

Sorry for the crappy layout, not feeling good atm.

Hope you feel better soon. So game changing this update is.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-01-24 02:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it's not bad, but I was expecting more than this =\
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-01-24 02:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that was not very much.. but I'll take it :p
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2012-01-24 02:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I was expecting more of: "To do more damage, you must take 99% of damage to HP."
[+]
 Asura.Antaress
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2012-01-24 03:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actualy very satisfied and shocked just for not being nerfed!
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-01-24 03:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why DRK would get nerfed. It's not exactly dominating every job.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-01-24 04:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This whole entire "update" could have served its purpose better as a discrete * at the bottom of a page talking about how they nerfed the rare/exclusive delivery options again.

Despite having sent feedback on the forum myself and trying to stay on topic, the fact that they actually post cool-action-pose pictures for ***like this is insulting.

I'm sure it took them longer to make a character, load the mob/take the screenshot and edit it on Photoshop then it did to come up, implement and "test" the change.
 Quetzalcoatl.Selsha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Selsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Selsha 2012-01-24 04:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I was praying they would bring Dark back somehow... this is like spiting in our faces. I mean stun is helpful and all but 2mins recast is not a game breaker :/
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Selsha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Selsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Selsha 2012-01-24 04:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said: »
DRK has been back, didnt you get the memo?

Capped JA haste and Resolution was all we really needed. Im generally pretty happy with DRK atm.

Yeah but not onto a extreme extent like most jobs, and Im not an abbysea person so im going of outside also, don't get me wrong i love my DRK, and they are back but I feel as were still getting thrown into a corner >.<
[+]
 Phoenix.Bomber
Server: Phoenix
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-01-24 09:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is the "you gotta be F-ing kidding me" face when you need it...
[+]
 Siren.Quagmire
Server: Siren
user: Quagmire
By Siren.Quagmire 2012-01-24 10:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Spitting? this is more like someone rubbing a "santorum" in your eye. The whole "lets make drg a full time speed/steroid junkie" post made it seem as if all jobs were about to show a new side with skill increases/the ability to spam ws maniacs. (forgot about the cure bomb machine pet)
Drk, has always been in my eyes that "emo kid who finally snaps; cuts himself, then goes on his suicidal manic killing spree."
Personally, I'm not satisfied with how it plays anymore. It fell far behind par with war. No real trait to get it on par with war in tp accumulation. please don't even mention 90% of its slowly casted spells. It's main weapons aren't even close to doing the dmg it can do with vorpal blade either. empy scythe: a joke.
I'm anticipating the fecal mess when they try to "balance" empys.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-01-24 10:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Quagmire said: »
Spitting? this is more like someone rubbing a "santorum" in your eye. The whole "lets make drg a full time speed/steroid junkie" post made it seem as if all jobs were about to show a new side with skill increases/the ability to spam ws maniacs. (forgot about the cure bomb machine pet)
Drk, has always been in my eyes that "emo kid who finally snaps; cuts himself, then goes on his suicidal manic killing spree."
Personally, I'm not satisfied with how it plays anymore. It fell far behind par with war. No real trait to get it on par with war in tp accumulation. please don't even mention 90% of its slowly casted spells. It's main weapons aren't even close to doing the dmg it can do with vorpal blade either. empy scythe: a joke.
I'm anticipating the fecal mess when they try to "balance" empys.
Someones still in the abyssea phase...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-24 10:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

War and mnk are getting nerfed. Right now (you know BEFORE the nerf) the drks I know are constantly leaving other jobs in the dust on parse for voidwatch. Where are you guys not content with DRK? Abyssea?

I'm pleased with entropy and resolution. How could you not be? The only way DRK can really "improve" at this stage in the game is getting a Magic based haste buff, and that would be absurd. I'm not terribly excited about the weapon bash, but I'm not gonna kick it out of bed.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-24 10:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

A magic based haste buff... like the actual haste spell? >.> shouldn't a whm be hasting you already? o.o
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2012-01-24 10:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess this is a slight improvement over SE trying to boost DRK magic abilities...

Just means more chance to proc in VW (then again how do you miss the first time).
 Siren.Quagmire
By Siren.Quagmire 2012-01-24 10:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't aware it was doing well outside of aby. Took a break and doubt I'll even be done with aby for a long time. That is my QQ zone.
As for the new ws, its a pity I couldn't find anyone that I personally know who has resolution. I'm still working on axe katana and debating which job will feel the love for the 3rd ws.
Just not satisfied with the ability to only favor 3 jobs.
 Siren.Quagmire
By Siren.Quagmire 2012-01-24 10:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from that, missing the point. The first job thread adjustment towards drg was misleading. It was as if all jobs would've gotten better rating/abilities. Guess that's my fault for daydreaming :(
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-24 10:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
A magic based haste buff... like the actual haste spell? >.> shouldn't a whm be hasting you already? o.o

Of course. Drk can achieve 25% equip haste and 25% JA haste on their own. Whm haste is 15%. That leaves a 15% haste window for more magic haste. I was mostly just downplaying drk's "need" for buffs. I'm content with drk now.

Siren.Quagmire said: »
Aside from that, missing the point. The first job thread adjustment towards drg was misleading. It was as if all jobs would've gotten better rating/abilities. Guess that's my fault for daydreaming :(

I like this wording a lot better. I can see your point of view.
[+]
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2012-01-24 11:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason why most drk is still perceived as doing poorly outside of abyssea is that the majority of the drk community are just stupid as ***.

If you know what you are doing with resolution... You will keep up with an average Ukon / Vere.

Still not keeping up with a top teir Ukon / Vere... But much closer than we were.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-24 11:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arkanethered said: »
The reason why most drk is still perceived as doing poorly outside of abyssea is that the majority of the drk community are just stupid as ***. If you know what you are doing with resolution... You will keep up with an average Ukon / Vere. Still not keeping up with a top teir Ukon / Vere... But much closer than we were.

All of my [+].
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-01-24 11:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason why most drk is still perceived as doing poorly outside of abyssea is that the majority of the drk community are just stupid as ***. If you know what you are doing with resolution... You will keep up with an average Ukon / Vere. Still not keeping up with a top teir Ukon / Vere... But much closer than we were.

So true.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-24 11:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason why most drk is still perceived as doing poorly outside of abyssea is that the majority of the drk community are just stupid as ***.

If you know what you are doing with resolution... You will keep up with an average Ukon / Vere.

Still not keeping up with a top teir Ukon / Vere... But much closer than we were.
so... I spend all my gil on a kclub and spam souleater right? :D!
[+]
 Hades.Ferusio
Server: Hades
user: Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2012-01-24 11:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess this is for VW mainly but il defo not complain, DRK is pretty hot right now i agree due to the abbyssea age being over (thank fork) was still hoping for somthing more in the way of dmg when i saw the news.
By Thebiggest 2012-01-24 11:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll take what ever "buffs" I can get, but I've always been of the opinion that Weapon Bash should have the same recast as stun.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-01-24 11:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not really disappointed cause i didn't expect anything on DRK. But they could have give us an unique damaging DRK spell...
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-24 11:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

that's what they are looking into doing.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/27329/dev-drk-magic-usage/
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7