Something i have noticed about FFXIAH forums
First Page 2 3
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-05-02 03:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

This is probably the most civilized, organized, and friendliest FFXI forum in existence. Here is my opinion... (YES I SAID OPINION) of the other forums most of us use.

KillingIfrit: http://ffxi.killvoid.com/
We all know wtf is wrong with this forum, so many flame wars you don't know which way to look without almost catching on fire. The job forums are full of so much epeen asshats it would differ almost anyone from playing a single job or make them feel inadequate at their job. Trolls lurk this forum like no tomorrow and posting will almost always result in flame wars.

Allakhazam: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/
Alla is the lesser of the four evils, pikko is awesome plain and simple. This is also the generally best resource of crafting guides or fishing advice. The forums lack customization and want you to subscribe to some nonsense payment plan to even have a signature or avatar. {no *** thanks}... pay for FFXI im not paying for some off the wall forum too. Generally there is a decent .dat mining thread here upon new updates but alot of info is stolen from BG and vice versa.

The Order of The Blue Gartr: http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/
FIRST OFF... i would love to say that i respect the LS as a whole. But the forum is a complete and utter waste of time with a user base and ego the size of a plane full of dog ***flying to Miramar. The advanced thread is such an epic "who has the bigger *** or opinion" contest that it's amazing people even post there so much. While this is all true i do still browse for a good read every now and again for useful info, but after reply 1 or 2 you start to notice a trend in the replys. Posting there for the average player is asking to be belittled and it's sad to see such oldfags try to act cool in a place they think they feel it's safe to do so. /endrant.

Dreams in Vanadiel: http://www.ffxionline.com/
Lower populated and less used. Late to the race and all information users post or found there is from another website or source. I've noticed a little community of friends but that's about all it amounts to in the end.

In my short time posting on FFXIAH forums, i have noticed a great sense of community and actual help with little flaming or arguments involved. Sure they still happen and we have occasional player warning thread wars but, hey this place is pretty friggin nice. Not only can you do your market research here, but if you wanted to share your actual thoughts or get new ideas the people here are generally more then willing to help in a polite manner.

I know not everyone will agree with my opinions of the forums above but from what i can tell this is by far the most civil and friendly place to talk about the GAME. Because it is a game after all.

So from the few people i've joked with and talked with so far, i appreciate the way everyone here acts and replys. It's about as clean and useful as an internet forum will ever get. Let's hope it stays that way.

To the developers and mods of FFXIAH, thanks... seriously. Keep up the great work.
[+]
 Titan.Xanakali
Server: Titan
user: Xanakali
By Titan.Xanakali 2009-05-02 03:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr
Server: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-05-02 03:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ak;dc
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-05-02 03:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm.. I'd have to agree with this. And it was actually nice to see you put some thought into this post.

I disagree with the level of flaming I've sene recently here however. But I don't really mind. Even some of the trolls of these forums still bring up helpful info now and again.

I'm not sure what I'd do without ffxiah in general. It is one of my most frequented sites. Its much more useful than the playonline.com which just shows occasional updates. And doesn't actually tell us how to go about things like I'm told the official WoW site does.

But between ffxiah and ffxiclopedia they are about all I need to get a decent idea of how to go about most things in ffxi.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-05-02 03:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Wardens said:
Hmm.. I'd have to agree with this. And it was actually nice to see you put some thought into this post.

I disagree with the level of flaming I've sene recently here however. But I don't really mind. Even some of the trolls of these forums still bring up helpful info now and again.

I'm not sure what I'd do without ffxiah in general. It is one of my most frequented sites. Its much more useful than the playonline.com which just shows occasional updates. And doesn't actually tell us how to go about things like I'm told the official WoW site does.

But between ffxiah and ffxiclopedia they are about all I need to get a decent idea of how to go about most things in ffxi.

Thanks i tried my best to describe the utter uselessness and unfriendlyness of all FFXI forums and i normally steered clear of that junk until FFXIAH came along. I only recently started using the forums more though i did read and lurk alot.

It's just nice that theres an actual eutopia of FFXI forums.
[+]
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-05-02 03:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

most of the nasty forum threads get the axe by the staff, they're very pro-active in keeping the happy balance of info influx and keeping hate player bashing to a minimum
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-05-02 03:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyaaadaa said:
most of the nasty forum threads get the axe by the staff, they're very pro-active in keeping the happy balance of info influx and keeping hate player bashing to a minimum

This I definitely agree with too. They even added a - + in case someone is causing a problem to bring up a red flag. I really like some of the posts Jaerik and Scragg do. Always informative and usually bashing a squable(sp?) in the process. lol

And all the additions to the profile pages are amazing!
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-05-02 03:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyaaadaa said:

which in a forum on a game like this is near impossible. It shows in actions greater than words how hard the team works. Again i'm sure i speak for many of us when i say thanks to the staff for hard work on this.
 Garuda.Amara
Server: Garuda
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-02 03:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Forum that is helpful and usually has very little in the way of flames
http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org
Ask for advice you're giving various opinions, but no flames as to why someone thinks something else will work better. And if you word it right you can even get them to do the math to show you why something is better :D

I did frequent there quite often up until 2 weeks ago when I came into work to find it blocked :( Now I have ffxiah.com to pass the long hours of boredom at work.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-05-02 03:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Amara said:
Forum that is helpful and usually has very little in the way of flames
http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org
Ask for advice you're giving various opinions, but no flames as to why someone thinks something else will work better. And if you word it right you can even get them to do the math to show you why something is better :D

I did frequent there quite often up until 2 weeks ago when I came into work to find it blocked :( Now I have ffxiah.com to pass the long hours of boredom at work.

I like wiki for what it is, an information site that is fairly reliable. Adding a forum into that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure its a good community and all but it's one of those don't mix business with pleasure sort of deals for me.
 Garuda.Amara
Server: Garuda
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-02 03:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually didn't read the forums here till I lost access to the Wiki forums. To me this was business, keep track of my sales, use the item sets to set up my macros and keep an eye on things I'm looking to buy so I can get someone to purchase it for me while I was at work.

Wiki the ffxiclopedia side has good guides, but some of them are outdated or incomplete, that's where the job sections in the forums come in. Within them are updated and current discussions on pretty much everything you can think of, without the epeen you find on KI, Alla and BG.
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-02 04:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ive never been to any other forum, and personally i think i cause many of the problems here, and for that..... i am sorry.

i think i tried to be helpful when i first got here, but then someone pissed me off when i was just trying to help so i went into "*** it" mode... which is fun...

the pinoy thread needs to die. that is all.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-05-02 04:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We love you FFXIAH forums, we really really do!
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-02 08:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Wardens said:

I think I speak for a good majority of the trolls when I say that I'm always willing to give help and advice when it is genuinely being asked for. But hey, sometimes there's just no saving a thread so you just have fun and troll idiots. :D
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-02 08:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

We like to keep topics spicey, interesting, and funny (even if it must be derailed). All other sites are just filled with elitist airheads that call everyone gimp because everyone doesn't wear what he/she wears.

Oh, and hurray for Blazza joining the Avatar Revolution!
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-02 08:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

:D
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-02 08:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That post didn't contribute. Clearly a troll.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-02 08:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
I think I speak for a good majority of the trolls
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-02 08:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I take that offensively, good friend!
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-02 09:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
That post didn't contribute. Clearly a troll.

lmao if you want to get rid of the troll, make sure to use ur weaponskills, not ur magic!

*giggle* j/p Blazza <3
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-05-02 09:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This place is a lot like Allakhazam. Mostly same people bored at work with an access to the forum. Most topic are full of useless replies from people trying to boost their post count. It also contains a circle of friends licking each other again and again. If you dare to say something against one of them you will quickly get some sweet replies from the others. They are still for the most part likable.

But there's something you don't see as much on other forums and it's the very amusing "player warning" thread! "The cousin of my neighbor sister got his Denali jacket stolen by Peter! I think Peter said he dropped his Mountain Dew on his keyboard and he did accidentally cast lot but we are sure it's a lie so don't trust him EVER!"

The trolls here are more funny that's for sure. Probably because they are "fake" trolls... if you know what I mean. ^^. And of course the forum contain a certain dose of useful topic and interesting discussion but they never last as long as any topic containing the picture of a girl showing a bit of skin and/or a turkey.

Overall yes this is(for me) the best forum because people are very entertaining, the forum is fast and lot of people show their true face! ^^
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-02 09:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So what you're saying is that we're a community of *** who actually clean up after ourselves after shitting all over others.
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-02 09:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Liquidz said:
The trolls here are more funny that's for sure. Probably because they are "fake" trolls... if you know what I mean. ^^. And of course the forum contain a certain dose of useful topic and interesting discussion but they never last as long as any topic containing the picture of a girl showing a bit of skin and/or a turkey.

Overall yes this is(for me) the best forum because people are very entertaining, the forum is fast and lot of people show their true face! ^^

LoLz ^_^ entertainment?? who wants entertainment or girls showing skin on a ffxi forum?! they should go to church right now and ask for forgivness! There should be no such <fun> or <excitement> in the forums!

mwahahaha~
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-05-02 09:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
So what you're saying is that we're a community of *** who actually clean up after ourselves after shitting all over others.

um.. no?

And Sav I never said it was a bad thing... I just stated a fact ^^
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-02 09:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao sarcasm at its finest fails ; ;
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-02 09:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Liquidz said:
This place is a lot like Allakhazam. Mostly same people bored at work with an access to the forum. Most topic are full of useless replies from people trying to boost their post count. It also contains a circle of friends licking each other again and again. If you dare to say something against one of them you will quickly get some sweet replies from the others. They are still for the most part likable.

But there's something you don't see as much on other forums and it's the very amusing "player warning" thread! "The cousin of my neighbor sister got his Denali jacket stolen by Peter! I think Peter said he dropped his Mountain Dew on his keyboard and he did accidentally cast lot but we are sure it's a lie so don't trust him EVER!"

Pretty much right on the money. Especially the little clique of "elite trolls", they're harmless... But mostly just annoying.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-05-02 09:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I was not sure lol! <3
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-02 09:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Liquidz said:
Sorry I was not sure lol! <3

haha its all good, 90% of what i say is sarcasm :P
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-02 09:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Liquidz said:
Kungfuhustle said:

um.. no?

And Sav I never said it was a bad thing... I just stated a fact ^^

Oh no, its a well-known fact that we're a community of fun-loving, sex crazed *** who have the common courtesy to clean up after shitting on others. Nothing wrong with that!
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-02 09:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao
First Page 2 3