Something i have noticed about FFXIAH forums
 Siren.Temeraire
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2009-05-02 16:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyoroku said:

Honestly, if you know how to play the game and know your job(s) inside out you won't have any problem fitting into BG or KI. It's not about lolepeen or what ever people try to paint it as - people are flamed for being gimp/sub optimal or just posting flat out wrong information.

BG is full of people who launch into subjective flaming on the slightest provocation with no factual evidence beyond their personal convictions to back them up. It doesn't mean that there aren't helpful people or good advice available there, but you don't need to look hard to find posts and threads that exist primarily to boost the original posters' egos on BG.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-02 16:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-02 16:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I'm late to the discussion and all that, been dealing with internet issues all morning (*** YOU CHARTER)...that being said:

I love it here. I've been on a couple other boards that are FFXI related, and they're either completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE (Allakhazam) or have a core group of elitists that completely ***on anyone that has an opinion that differs from theirs (FFXIonline, although I will admit it's a small core group of "serious ***" that ruin it there, unfortunately, and the mods don't generally seem to do much about it unless it get's way beyond repair).

Sure, there are the trolls here, and there are elitists here...but it's not as pervasive as it was (in my opinion) on the other forums.

I dunno, maybe it's just the fact that I can post an idea here about something and not get a reply back immediately consisting of "You're a *** retard, kill yourself", or "We already talked about this 9 months ago idiot, you're taking up our valuable forum space for arguing over 25 pages, with complex equations, about why gear X is better then gear Y in these ridiculously specific conditions that never actually come up in game, like, EVER. And oh yeah, go kill yourself."

Derails can be annoying, sure, and I may contribute to it at some points, but sometimes in a given thread it's actually nice in that it breaks the tension some. I disagree that no serious information is gleaned from lurking here, because (again, in my opinion) I feel that most questions generally get reasonable answers. The questions I've posted have, anyways...

Plus, people here are just nice, for the most part. I never understood why people had to be *** in the other boards, why "noobish" questions were derided so much in other places, or why everything had to be such SRS BZNS. It is just a game, after all.

Anyways, to the mods: keep up the good work, you've got a nice place here, and I'm glad I found it. To the other regulars here: you guys rock, thanks for the entertainment, and most of all, the good company :D
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-02 16:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Mabrook said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
"You're a *** retard, kill yourself"

8D

LOL, I was waiting for it... ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Feyen
Server: Sylph
user: Hiachi
By Sylph.Feyen 2009-05-02 19:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:
In my short time posting on FFXIAH forums, i have noticed a great sense of community and actual help with little flaming or arguments involved. Sure they still happen and we have occasional player warning thread wars but, hey this place is pretty friggin nice. Not only can you do your market research here, but if you wanted to share your actual thoughts or get new ideas the people here are generally more then willing to help in a polite manner.

Probably also due to the fact that we have a more definite character/face to place with every forum post, less anonymity = less likely to be a complete jerk.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-02 21:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Feyen said:
Clinpachi said:
In my short time posting on FFXIAH forums, i have noticed a great sense of community and actual help with little flaming or arguments involved. Sure they still happen and we have occasional player warning thread wars but, hey this place is pretty friggin nice. Not only can you do your market research here, but if you wanted to share your actual thoughts or get new ideas the people here are generally more then willing to help in a polite manner.

Probably also due to the fact that we have a more definite character/face to place with every forum post, less anonymity = less likely to be a complete jerk.

^ This too.

There are things that I won't talk about here simply because people know who my character is, and that I could effect other people by what I say.

Not a LOT of things I won't talk about :p But some :D
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-05-02 21:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyoroku said:
Clinpachi said:

KillingIfrit: http://ffxi.killvoid.com/
We all know wtf is wrong with this forum, so many flame wars you don't know which way to look without almost catching on fire. The job forums are full of so much epeen asshats it would differ almost anyone from playing a single job or make them feel inadequate at their job. Trolls lurk this forum like no tomorrow and posting will almost always result in flame wars.

The Order of The Blue Gartr: http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/
FIRST OFF... i would love to say that i respect the LS as a whole. But the forum is a complete and utter waste of time with a user base and ego the size of a plane full of dog ***flying to Miramar. The advanced thread is such an epic "who has the bigger *** or opinion" contest that it's amazing people even post there so much. While this is all true i do still browse for a good read every now and again for useful info, but after reply 1 or 2 you start to notice a trend in the replys. Posting there for the average player is asking to be belittled and it's sad to see such oldfags try to act cool in a place they think they feel it's safe to do so. /endrant.

KI and BG also have great information and are usually the first NA communities to provide insight on the latest new mechanics or new events. Both boards are filled with endgame players whereas the other boards clearly aren't.

Don't believe me? Bring up botting. KI and BG posters generally don't give two shits about botting and the majority will reply that people cared about botting back in 2004. Why? Because every.single.HNMLS. has a bot of some sort, whether it's App, NASA, or another packet bot. Now bring up the same topic on Alla and you'll find the moral police out in full force (or even on these forums, look for the hilarious thread made by Barrd).

Honestly, if you know how to play the game and know your job(s) inside out you won't have any problem fitting into BG or KI. It's not about lolepeen or what ever people try to paint it as - people are flamed for being gimp/sub optimal or just posting flat out wrong information.

i dare you to post that in the advanced thread on BG. I friggin dare you.

anyways (im late to my own thread lol)...

Every forum in general is going to have derails, trolls, lurkers, and your problem children. I look at a forum as a type of society with its own trends, rules, and cultures. By far FFXI has the most civilized one of them all. I checked out the wiki forums and they seem decent but still not fully on par with FFXIAH.

Of course many of my before mentioned information is OPINION and should be treated as thus. I've noticed alot of people feeling what i'm trying to say and for the others maybe i just didn't word it properly for their specific tastes.

Anyways thanks for the replys and shared thoughts :)
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-05-02 21:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't post much, but I do quite a lot of lurking. For the most part I love these forums and enjoy reading what most everyone has to say. I love the quick and simple design. Wake up then coffee then cigarette then FFXIAH.

I don't frequent BG or wiki or alla forums other than when looking for in-depth info on certain stuffs and this is the only FFXI board I post on.
I say good job to the head cheeses! Thank you! and keep it up^^
 Asura.Kyoroku
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kyoroku 2009-05-03 00:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:

i dare you to post that in the advanced thread on BG. I friggin dare you.

anyways (im late to my own thread lol)...

Every forum in general is going to have derails, trolls, lurkers, and your problem children. I look at a forum as a type of society with its own trends, rules, and cultures. By far FFXI has the most civilized one of them all. I checked out the wiki forums and they seem decent but still not fully on par with FFXIAH.

Of course many of my before mentioned information is OPINION and should be treated as thus. I've noticed alot of people feeling what i'm trying to say and for the others maybe i just didn't word it properly for their specific tastes.

Anyways thanks for the replys and shared thoughts :)

To be honest, I lurk on all four major FFXI forums when I'm at work, makes for a good time waster when I'm bored~

I would visit Wiki more but just a few days ago there was yet another trojan on their page >.>

Edit:

Jaerik said:
I've brought up some amusing points about moral police in our own forums before...

Rofl, that post was full of win.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-05-03 02:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I really like the player base here, a lot. Sure, we've got the usual drama here and there, but like someone said before, even the trolls are fun to talk to XD

One thing about the posters in FFXIAH.com forums is that most of the more vocal people keep an open mind about things, yet are still able to stand firm with their own opinion--and even then, are able to take a joke. It makes discussions exciting but not dramatic; interesting, but not serious. :)

And then there are the mods ^^ They're familiar with us, and know us well enough to trust that we'll be responsible for our actions, and for the most part, we have been.

Keep up the great work guys, just wanna give a shout out along with the OP here that y'all are pretty chill ^^ Just follow the one rule of FFXIAH.com, and it's all good: Don't be a douchebag.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-03 02:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:
I really like the player base here, a lot.

Scrabble?
 Valefor.Forgotten
Server: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Forgotten 2009-05-04 16:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Liquidz said:
This place is a lot like Allakhazam.
More so now that theres a score system. Alla style garbage is now inevitable.