D Ring Gil Value?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » D ring gil value?
D ring gil value?
First Page 2 3
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2011-11-26 22:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What would you be willing to pay or do you believe the value of a D Ring would be if sellable?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-26 22:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

45M+
 Odin.Slugg
Server: Odin
user: Beau
By Odin.Slugg 2011-11-26 22:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-11-26 22:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd pay 15-20m.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-11-26 22:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Factoring in the drop rate and the cost of behe/KB pops, I would put the value at well over 200mil.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Awsome
user: Awsome
By Lakshmi.Awsome 2011-11-26 22:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Realistically it's probably valued at an even 100m, difficulty of pops now adays(since no longer lottery every few days), and the sheer drop rate of it. Also the demand for this item.
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2011-11-26 22:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

My LS has been arguing over this most the night. Some say 200-300mil, due to the 5% drop rate and Shanks are 10-15mil, so 20 of them would be roughly 300mil.

I am more on the group of 100-200mil you get but I can easily see someone paying over 200mil given time to find the buyer.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-26 22:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard to go beyond 99,999,999. Good luck finding someone willing to pay 2-3 times that.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-11-26 22:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

KB pops are around 5mil at minimum here, and you can probably sell them for quite a bit higher. If the drop rate is 5%(Very possible that it's actually less than this) you would get 1 dring/100mil on average. I think 200mil would be a fair price if it was actually a 5% drop rate.
edit: This is all assuming you could find every single shank at 5mil too.
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-11-26 22:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Hard to go beyond 99,999,999. Good luck finding someone willing to pay 2-3 times that.
You can hold up to 999,999,999, just can't AH stuff for that much.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-11-26 22:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bazaar* you can AH things for max gil.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-26 22:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said: »
How come when you win 100M bonanza, you don't receive it all then? Subtracts your current gil from the 100M.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-26 22:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Realistically, I'm not sure you'd find a buyer for 100M+. I'd say 55-60 is fair enough, given its rarity and such.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-11-26 22:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Have personally had over 100mil, and know people who have over 300 on one character. No idea about bonanza.
Realistically you wouldn't be selling a dring if you couldn't find someone willing to buy it for its value, the pop costs are simply too high for its low drop rate.
Edit: I'm HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Asura.Authority
Server: Asura
user: Authority
By Asura.Authority 2011-11-26 22:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said: »
How come when you win 100M bonanza, you don't receive it all then? Subtracts your current gil from the 100M.

Taxes... duh
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-11-26 23:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad i got mine before kings got nerfed, pretty much impossible now.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-11-26 23:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you honestly think you could value defending ring with it's drop rate, and now you have to put up the drop rate with getting KB pops set at 50mil you're out of your god damn mind.

Gil cap is 999,999,999 that's your only limit as to how high you can price something, currently on Ragnarok the pops are going for as low as 10, averaging 15mil each still.

50 mil is only gonna get you 3 pops at that price, I've already killed 9 KB with a friend trying to get them the ring cause they've got nothing else left to dump gil on and still no ring.

200 - 400mil seems fair, and that's what you will probably end up sending on NQ pops / HQ pops if you're gonna go for it, sure you could go 1/1 on it but the chances of that happening is like winning back to back to back 100mil + jackpot lottos.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2011-11-26 23:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

50-80m~ I would pay but i'm glad I got mine before kings was nerfed. Amen.
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-11-26 23:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Realistically you wouldn't be selling a dring if you couldn't find someone willing to buy it for its value, the pop costs are simply too high for its low drop rate.

With that out of the way.

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
KB pops are around 5mil at minimum here, and you can probably sell them for quite a bit higher. If the drop rate is 5%(Very possible that it's actually less than this) you would get 1 dring/100mil on average. I think 200mil would be a fair price if it was actually a 5% drop rate.
edit: This is all assuming you could find every single shank at 5mil too.

You'd have to build in the value of the other items he drops as well. Anyone that straight up does KB for the dring and only the dring is a moron, ideally you'd have sellers lined up for everything and at 5mil (Yeah that's crazy low) you could easily sell the BB item for a few million, abjurations for 250k-500k, pixie earring for 300k or so, as well as a possible shining cloth at 200k. Expected value wise... there's a bit of variance but I think it's safe to assume you could sell 4mil worth of gear except for when you don't get the BB item. Tack that onto a more realistic 7-8mil/pop and you come up with 60-80mil in terms of pure math.

In my opinion, you shouldn't charge near that much though... half would be fair. If you're doing two KB's there's only a 9.75% chance of it dropping. Unless you're like hardcore set on getting it, it's a pain to run out there the dozen times or so it will statistically take and I think that should be built into the price (giving the buyer a deal so he does everything on your time).
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2011-11-26 23:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Galan bought his post kings nerf for 10m...LOL at the guy who sold it to him will not mention any names what an idiot
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
Server: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-11-26 23:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Galan bought his post kings nerf for 10m...LOL at the guy who sold it to him will not mention any names what an idiot

Kind of makes me miss Lak
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-11-26 23:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are all assuming a perfect world in which buyer and seller are magically connected at the hip. It's on the seller to price the item such that a buyer will make the trip to Behemoth's Dominion for such a low drop chance. "Galan" buying a ring for 10mil was an extreme case of this.

Edit: If you're doing like 5-6 in a row, maybe you can get away with something on the scale of 70-80.
 Carbuncle.Blazer
Server: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2011-11-26 23:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't spend more than 10m on a dring. It was worth way more before because it was a lot harder back in the day to get -% damage equip. Now there's a lot more equipment for -% damage bringing down the value substantially.
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-11-26 23:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Msthief said: »
You guys are all assuming a perfect world in which buyer and seller are magically connected at the hip. It's on the seller to price the item such that a buyer will make the trip to Behemoth's Dominion for such a low drop chance. "Galan" buying a ring for 10mil was an extreme case of this.

Edit: If you're doing like 5-6 in a row, maybe you can get away with something on the scale of 70-80.

I really don't see hitting up to 100mil all too hard. There are still many players that romanticize the ring and have nothing better to burn their gear on. Even with other drops, people looking for dring are only going to be seeing the dring.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-11-26 23:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well 100mil is a lot of cash to me - what's making me think of this is BB items off of bcnm's. There's no way I'm going to trot all the way up to one of the arenas for just a single 15-20% chance (in my experience that's a very favorable drop rate) at it unless I'm getting one hell of a good deal... maybe I'm in the minority here.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-26 23:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Blazer said: »
I wouldn't spend more than 10m on a dring. It was worth way more before because it was a lot harder back in the day to get -% damage equip. Now there's a lot more equipment for -% damage bringing down the value substantially.

good luck farming highlands for days on end for 666 dark ring....then get 2, and its BARELY better than 1 d ring... k
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-11-26 23:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

good luck farming highlands for days on end for 666 dark ring....then get 2, and its BARELY better than 1 d ring... k

Blazer said 10million gil - not 10 gil, jesus.
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-11-26 23:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Msthief said: »
Well 100mil is a lot of cash to me - what's making me think of this is BB items off of bcnm's. There's no way I'm going to trot all the way up to one of the arenas for just a single 15-20% chance (in my experience that's a very favorable drop rate) at it unless I'm getting one hell of a good deal... maybe I'm in the minority here.

Its really not hard to find people that want an item but arn't doing anything better with their time where all they have to do is pick something up, but KBH is also maybe a 5-10min walk and an even shorter fight.

And There is a BIG difference between price based on rarity and price based on effect. I personally wouldn't pay more than 10-20mil for it either, but I know that its valued more than that. Same reason I wont buy a novio, I cant justify a 2MAB difference for 7mil, its not something I would pay more than 1 mil for but I know that's not going to happen
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-11-26 23:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Not only that but anyone who is going to be buying a d ring is probably the type that is looking to push their gear to the very best of what is available. This is a lot more involved than getting 50% pdt or mdt. You can cap quite easily on many jobs but that sure as hell won't be an optimal build.

Plus, 10 mil is a joke, it's retardedly easy to make gil now. If you could buy one for 10 mil, even I'd be up there doing it... The rarity and difficulty to obtain pops drives the price up. It might not be worth it to many but I guess those who it isn't have other things that gil can actually be used to get.
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-11-27 00:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

dring would cost more than a Relic, that's for sure. As for augmented dark rings, yes those cap most jobs(all jobs?), but dring opens up more flexibility and optimization.
[+]
First Page 2 3