Ramuh.Trapt
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: DMCrocker
By Ramuh.Trapt 2009-04-26 16:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

0/28 on Hands.
0/6 for Feet.

Fo those who are 0/100. I dont know how you do it. If i dont get these by 0/50 Im done lol. Can finish mnk with the nonex.
 Bahamut.Whist
Server: Bahamut
user: Whist
By Bahamut.Whist 2009-04-26 16:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

1/1 hands. 0/2 feet. Good luck getting them OP.
 Remora.Narrubia
Server: Remora
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-04-26 16:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Narrubia said:
There is, however, a feeling of accomplishment to be had in getting the item yourself. I could have bought the Leaping Boots, but instead went 1/14 to get the Bounding Boots. Of course, your time does have a value, although if you would be playing FFXI either way, the value difference in making gil and camping an NM is menial.

Agree, but that's kinda a bad example, as getting the boots from the BCNM is SOOOOO much easier then camping that piece of ***LL. TBH, I look at people that have the R/EX version of them with pity, as most of them prolly spent a LONG *** time camping her for 'em and prolly wanted to /wrists. I know I did, and I only spent like 8 hours doing it...

I gave the BCNM a few shots, but eventually ran out of seals. Plus, this was to get the boots for my first job, THF, and as we all know THF is just *great* at doing BCNMs.

Gaea said:
60 pops is like 100 hours if you get all the claims. I dunno about you but I can make a million gil in 10 hours of gameplay EASILY. I wouldn't waste 100 hours on anything that
A: cost more than 10 million gil
B: couldn't be bought.

You seem awfully big on efficiency. So you can buy the item and make up the gil by farming for 1/10th of the time to camp an NM, but farming is monotonous and really doesn't make your accomplishment seems like, well, an accomplishment. I don't feel like the item is really worth as much if I didn't make it drop myself. This is obviously a personal quirk of mine, but I'd much rather go off to fight LL when I feel like it than sit down with a Mountain Dew and a bag of chips and farm for 5 hours. Killing Thread Leeches (my farming activity at the time) for 5 hours isn't quite as impressive or fun as killing an NM.

In short, yes it's less efficient but I have more fun.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-04-26 16:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Personaly 1/16~
But I've camped him countless times for others 35+
 Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2009-04-26 18:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

0/95 on Okote
1/1 on Sarutobi Kyahan
1/1 on Empress Hairpin
1/1 on Nadrs
1/1 on Bounding Boots
 Fenrir.Thandar
Server: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2009-04-26 18:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

1/5 on both.
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-04-26 20:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

just got 1/1 on kote, 0/1 on feet so far
 Kujata.Deshae
Server: Kujata
user: Deshae
By Kujata.Deshae 2009-04-27 10:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

1/15 Ochimusha
1/12 Sarutobi

and for that 1 person

0/9759875875985 Bandos But hey got lots of HATZ!
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-27 10:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Narrubia said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Narrubia said:
There is, however, a feeling of accomplishment to be had in getting the item yourself. I could have bought the Leaping Boots, but instead went 1/14 to get the Bounding Boots. Of course, your time does have a value, although if you would be playing FFXI either way, the value difference in making gil and camping an NM is menial.

Agree, but that's kinda a bad example, as getting the boots from the BCNM is SOOOOO much easier then camping that piece of ***LL. TBH, I look at people that have the R/EX version of them with pity, as most of them prolly spent a LONG *** time camping her for 'em and prolly wanted to /wrists. I know I did, and I only spent like 8 hours doing it...

I gave the BCNM a few shots, but eventually ran out of seals. Plus, this was to get the boots for my first job, THF, and as we all know THF is just *great* at doing BCNMs.

Gaea said:
60 pops is like 100 hours if you get all the claims. I dunno about you but I can make a million gil in 10 hours of gameplay EASILY. I wouldn't waste 100 hours on anything that
A: cost more than 10 million gil
B: couldn't be bought.

You seem awfully big on efficiency. So you can buy the item and make up the gil by farming for 1/10th of the time to camp an NM, but farming is monotonous and really doesn't make your accomplishment seems like, well, an accomplishment. I don't feel like the item is really worth as much if I didn't make it drop myself. This is obviously a personal quirk of mine, but I'd much rather go off to fight LL when I feel like it than sit down with a Mountain Dew and a bag of chips and farm for 5 hours. Killing Thread Leeches (my farming activity at the time) for 5 hours isn't quite as impressive or fun as killing an NM.

In short, yes it's less efficient but I have more fun.

I'm with Gaea on this one... If I can make the gil required to buy an item that has a rare/ex equivalent faster than I can camp the NM / get claim / get drop, then I'll just buy the non-rare/ex. I dunno about the 100k/hr... But I can make at minimum 20-30k/hr.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Zombiejonathan 2009-04-27 11:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

1/14 O kote
for the boots longer pop time i will not waste my time! not worth it to me!
I got sirocco kukri yesterday camped it 10hrs i was 1/2 on it!! woot woot!