Remora.Narrubia
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-04-26 13:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ishkur said:
Matricide said:
I have the Gil. I refuse to pay for somethnig i can get for free.

Well you've already payed A LOT, your time has a value. It doesn't have a price tag, but it doesn't mean that it hasn't any value.

Just buy the things :P

There is, however, a feeling of accomplishment to be had in getting the item yourself. I could have bought the Leaping Boots, but instead went 1/14 to get the Bounding Boots. Of course, your time does have a value, although if you would be playing FFXI either way, the value difference in making gil and camping an NM is menial.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-26 13:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

1/7 Mee Deggi
1/3 Quu Domi
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-26 13:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Narrubia said:
There is, however, a feeling of accomplishment to be had in getting the item yourself. I could have bought the Leaping Boots, but instead went 1/14 to get the Bounding Boots. Of course, your time does have a value, although if you would be playing FFXI either way, the value difference in making gil and camping an NM is menial.

Agree, but that's kinda a bad example, as getting the boots from the BCNM is SOOOOO much easier then camping that piece of ***LL. TBH, I look at people that have the R/EX version of them with pity, as most of them prolly spent a LONG *** time camping her for 'em and prolly wanted to /wrists. I know I did, and I only spent like 8 hours doing it...
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-26 13:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

for the most part, everyone I see with r/ex stuff. are the same people QQing about never holding more then 200k in their hands.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-26 13:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone I know that has the boots either
A)Got them while passing through a zone, or
B)Killed one PH, then got claim and drop after it spawned.

That being said, I don't find them to be worth anywhere near the 400k or 30 seals required to get them, and if I had to do it again, I would camp the NM.
 Bahamut.Avenged
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Avenged 2009-04-26 13:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

stopped leveling sam at 34 to get okotes and kyahan, ended up 1/6 on both. woot.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-26 13:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Everyone I know that has the boots either
A)Got them while passing through a zone, or
B)Killed one PH, then got claim and drop after it spawned.

Then your friends are all lucky...I know people that are 0/50+ on the boots, and have been trying off and on for 5 years.

BCNM takes about 5 minutes to do with 2 BLU/1 RDM, involves zero camping, and 30 seals ain't that bad. We're 5/25ish on 'em. (or maybe 5/30...ain't that bad at any rate)

But to each their own...
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-26 13:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Everyone I know that has the boots

^Doesn't include the two of my friends at 0/20+ and have bad luck.

And 5/25 is 1/5, so that's 150 seals to get one pair. c.c I'd rather spend seals on Under Observation, which is a 25% drop rate on Utsusemi:Ni, AKA 120 seals to get a 400k drop, sell those, and buy the boots.

That being said, I don't waste my seals on anything other than Up In Arms. I know the drop rate of Kclub is .5%, which is an average of 120,000 seals just to get one drop, but worst case scenario, you make 60k, so I'm not complaining.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-04-26 13:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

At one point, I was..
3/4 Mee Deggi
1/3 Lizzy
1/7 Valk Emp
0/22 on Quu Domi
The Mee Deggi count, was me getting them for friends, and myself. They didn't help, just sat in the zone like lazy ***.

My lizzy count went way up, after I got my own boots, I tried for my brother.. he is now somewhere around 0/120ish which about 50+ of those I tried helping him with..fail
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-26 13:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
And 5/25 is 1/5, so that's 150 seals to get one pair. c.c I'd rather spend seals on Under Observation, which is a 25% drop rate on Utsusemi:Ni, AKA 120 seals to get a 400k drop, sell those, and buy the boots.

That being said, I don't waste my seals on anything other than Up In Arms. I know the drop rate of Kclub is .5%, which is an average of 120,000 seals just to get one drop, but worst case scenario, you make 60k, so I'm not complaining.

I understand, I'm just saying that BCNM's are a better investment (for either money or the gear itself) in my opinion then wasting the time camping for things like the Leaping Boots. Unless of course the person in question doesn't have any seals...in which case they should go level something and get them, it ain't hard and at least you're getting exp on top of the time spent.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-26 13:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Enternius said:

I understand, I'm just saying that BCNM's are a better investment (for either money or the gear itself) in my opinion then wasting the time camping for things like the Leaping Boots. Unless of course the person in question doesn't have any seals...in which case they should go level something and get them, it ain't hard and at least you're getting exp on top of the time spent.

And I understand what you mean. It's just that there's a chance that you can lose the BCNM, and there's always the possibility that people don't have the required jobs, or even that you don't have 3 people to do the BCNM with. Camping an NM is solo through-and-through and you don't have to rely on anyone else to do their job.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-26 13:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
And I understand what you mean. It's just that there's a chance that you can lose the BCNM, and there's always the possibility that people don't have the required jobs, or even that you don't have 3 people to do the BCNM with. Camping an NM is solo through-and-through and you don't have to rely on anyone else to do their job.

Ya, I'll admit I'm prolly a little biased as I've got a good group and most of us have a pretty good selection of jobs up through the BCNM40-BCNM50 range.

And having spent hours on LL and VE (two relatively "easy" NM's to camp) and coming away with nothing to show for it has made me a little leery of spending time camping any others with larger windows/similar drop rates, unless I have no other option...
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-26 14:02:10
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I bet you if SE changed the model gear was between rare/ex and the regular version people would do things differently. Kinda like how Emperor Hairpin is blue and Empress is purple. Having it be blue (and tradable) is almost worth the 400k.
 Garuda.Fullen
user: fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-04-26 14:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They should change the gear model for HQ too, since i waste so much gil on silly white boxes no one see's! =/
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-26 14:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fullen said:
They should change the gear model for HQ too, since i waste so much gil on silly white boxes no one see's! =/

They do if they check you, but then you can't freak out and be like "OMG WTF WHY U CHECK ME? MND UR BZNZ!!!"

I've met people like that, always makes me LOL ^^
 Garuda.Fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-04-26 14:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

there's a guy named Tornado on Garuda, when you check him he'll stalk you for about 20 mins checking you back, always fun to mess with on a slow day =)
 Bahamut.Atrithk
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-04-26 14:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Three days' farming for 600k? I call ***.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-26 14:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fullen said:
there's a guy named Tornado on Garuda, when you check him he'll stalk you for about 20 mins checking you back, always fun to mess with on a slow day =)

Oh man, I would have SO MUCH fun with that guy, get my entire LS to check him randomly, but do it on the sly so it's not obvious we're working together ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-04-26 14:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Fullen said:

Oh man, I would have SO MUCH fun with that guy, get my entire LS to check him randomly, but do it on the sly so it's not obvious we're working together ^^

It's been done... so much =D

Atrithk said:
Three days' farming for 600k? I call ***.

If you farm NM's like Serket/Cassie/KA etc this is pennies really :s
 Kujata.Arundo
Server: Kujata
user: arundo
By Kujata.Arundo 2009-04-26 14:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ochiudo

1/4

0/2 without anything
1/2 with Strider Sword equipped

RDM75/WHM37 so TH0 is best I think :)
 Bahamut.Atrithk
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-04-26 14:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That's only three days worth if you don't have a pop time .-.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-04-26 14:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Matricide said:
Alright this post is to see how many times you had to kill this NM for okotes. I have killed him over 100 times and still no drop.

To the OP....

I went 1/1 with him with my OLD OLD ls.. were were a small elite unit of nm killers.. and I said one day I'm going to get my Okotes..

Took a Rgr/Nin, A Drk/Drg and a Mnk/nin And I got my Drop... Now I just go to help others get their kotes..

Still 0/25 on Fumas =(.. someday... and I have 2 75's Sam & ThF...
 Garuda.Fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-04-26 14:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Tails said:
Fullen said:
Martel said:
Treasure Hunter doesn't work on either of those NMs. It's either or.

There is the theory that TH2 effects rare tagged items, before SE made these items rare/ex it had no effect but now it "might".

Kotes have about a 7% chance to drop, The Claws have about a 93% chance to drop. It's either or. 2 Cannot drop at the same time. If you had treasure hunter, it would raise the % by an equal amount to drop, thus it would have no effect on a better drop rate on the kotes.

Treasure Hunter does not effect Mee Deggi.

Seem to have missed my point completely... Canadian logic?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-04-26 14:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Tails said:
Fullen said:
Tails said:
Fullen said:
Martel said:

There is the theory that TH2 effects rare tagged items, before SE made these items rare/ex it had no effect but now it "might".

Kotes have about a 7% chance to drop, The Claws have about a 93% chance to drop. It's either or. 2 Cannot drop at the same time. If you had treasure hunter, it would raise the % by an equal amount to drop, thus it would have no effect on a better drop rate on the kotes.

Please explain it to me again. I am a bit daft. And where did you hear this "Theory".

It's an old theory that treasure hunter effects the chances of getting an item and treasure hunter 2 effects the chances of that item being tagged rare.

Since Impact Knuckles are not tagged rare and kote are, TH2 "could" effect it.
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-26 14:57:37

Fullen said:
Tails said:
Fullen said:
Tails said:
Fullen said:
Martel said:

Please explain it to me again. I am a bit daft. And where did you hear this "Theory".

It's an old theory that treasure hunter effects the chances of getting an item and treasure hunter 2 effects the chances of that item being tagged rare.

The original Kotes weren't tagged as rare.
 Garuda.Fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-04-26 15:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaea said:
Fullen said:
Tails said:
Fullen said:
Tails said:
Fullen said:
Martel said:

The original Kotes weren't tagged as rare.

I said that already
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-26 15:04:27

Narrubia said:
Ishkur said:
Matricide said:
I have the Gil. I refuse to pay for somethnig i can get for free.

Well you've already payed A LOT, your time has a value. It doesn't have a price tag, but it doesn't mean that it hasn't any value.

Just buy the things :P

See, I only understand the logic of this if it were a 100% drop. But some people go 1/1 on this and if you go 1/60, well, what's the accomplishment? You killed the NM 59 more times for the same reward.

Kill it once. No Drop. Buy old version. Camp in spare time. If you get Rare/ex, sell AH version.

60 pops is like 100 hours if you get all the claims. I dunno about you but I can make a million gil in 10 hours of gameplay EASILY. I wouldn't waste 100 hours on anything that
A: cost more than 10 million gil
B: couldn't be bought.

Neonracer said:
Matricide said:
Alright this post is to see how many times you had to kill this NM for okotes. I have killed him over 100 times and still no drop.

To the OP....

I went 1/1 with him with my OLD OLD ls.. were were a small elite unit of nm killers.. and I said one day I'm going to get my Okotes..

Took a Rgr/Nin, A Drk/Drg and a Mnk/nin And I got my Drop... Now I just go to help others get their kotes..

Still 0/25 on Fumas =(.. someday... and I have 2 75's Sam & ThF...

Get Usukane Sune-Ate. Problem solved.
 Diabolos.Darkrayne
Server: Diabolos
user: DarkRayne
By Diabolos.Darkrayne 2009-04-26 15:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

1/1 ^-^/
My husband camped him for meh and got them. I just hope he's as lucky when he camps them for himself! Lol.