Forum » FFXI » General » Annoying RMT /tell's
Annoying RMT /tell's
First Page 2
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-04-24 18:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ok why cant SE stop this, its like soooo easy to sort, saying that it is SE after all. RMT's use trial accounts to spam everyone in the game that they can. now why cant SE impliment something like you can only send a /tell to somone that has you on thier friends list, for trial accounts only.

also stop them from using the /sh command too. this should cut down on the silly brogame.com /tell's

serioulsy SE get a grip. getting like 10+ /tell's a day gets tiresome. damn right anoying when your in dyna or nyzul doing lamp orders etc
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-24 19:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkvision said:
ok why cant SE stop this, its like soooo easy to sort, saying that it is SE after all. RMT's use trial accounts to spam everyone in the game that they can. now why cant SE impliment something like you can only send a /tell to somone that has you on thier friends list.

also stop them from using the /sh command too. this should cut down on the silly brogame.com /tell's

serioulsy SE get a grip. getting like 10+ /tell's a day gets tiresome. damn right anoying when your in dyna or nyzul doing lamp orders etc

You get 10 /ts a day still?

Ever since I nuked Brogames.com with multitude of viruses, they stopped sending me /ts. I think they stopped sending everyone on Asura /ts also (since I made it clear that the virus maker was on Asura lol)
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-24 19:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a /tell from brogames the otherday I think....
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-24 19:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

damn, just me then :D
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-04-24 19:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Darkvision said:
ok why cant SE stop this, its like soooo easy to sort, saying that it is SE after all. RMT's use trial accounts to spam everyone in the game that they can. now why cant SE impliment something like you can only send a /tell to somone that has you on thier friends list.

You get 10 /ts a day still?

Ever since I nuked Brogames.com with multitude of viruses, they stopped sending me /ts. I think they stopped sending everyone on Asura /ts also (since I made it clear that the virus maker was on Asura lol)

i think i get like 1 day with no /tell's then a full week when i get them all the time. i am supprised SE didnt impliment this in the first place
 Titan.Azarasi
Server: Titan
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-04-24 19:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess even they are having hard times cause of ECONOMY
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2009-04-24 19:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive gotten a few also from them

i always thought SE was behind Gil selling websites because they don't do anything to stop it from going on. not to mention interfering with another company or using another company's name w/o permission is a crime, so i think sites like Brogames and IGE are working with SE :o

it makes a lot of sense now..
 Asura.Kyoroku
By Asura.Kyoroku 2009-04-24 19:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't gotten a tell in over a month now since Aikar released the new version of Chatmon. Prior to that release I would get multiple tells per day.

Windower ftw!
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Tousou
Server: Midgardsormr
user:
By Midgardsormr.Tousou 2009-04-24 20:48:30
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Kyoroku said:
Haven't gotten a tell in over a month now since Aikar released the new version of Chatmon. Prior to that release I would get multiple tells per day.

Windower ftw!

Something I'd love the STF to do something about, but alas that's another story. >.>

Come to think of it, I've gotten maybe 1 /t in the past week or so. Usually they try a bit harder. Then again, maybe they're just getting smited before reaching "T."
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-04-24 21:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyoroku said:

Windower ftw!

that would be nice but not everyone playes on the PC, i myself plays on xbox so yeay i get every /tell they send
 Asura.Blackhell
By Asura.Blackhell 2009-04-24 22:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The first one i ever got said something like www.brogame.com we make you strong! i sent a tell back 2girls1cup.com gross you out!!! lol wonder if they ever checked it out! lol
 Caitsith.Hazou
Server: Caitsith
user: Hazou
By Caitsith.Hazou 2009-04-24 22:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think they are so much in cahoots as they just create these free trial accounts, spam, ban, repeat
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-04-24 23:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

well after all Trial versions are resticted versions of the full game and i dont think that SE grasps this concept. anyways they should restrict things like /tell stop /sh and trade AH etc that way RMT's should in theory slowly deminish. its coz the free trial that we have such annoyance with RMT ads
 Cerberus.Zonnashi
Server: Cerberus
user: Zonnashi
By Cerberus.Zonnashi 2009-04-24 23:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If they want to keep the free month, give cards out with each CD that is valid for a free month for that one account. Though i suppose the goal is so they can play get a taste without buying.
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-04-25 00:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

what i am saying is if they put restrictions in place how are RMT's supposed to advertise if, for example they can only go to like lvl20, cant /tell anyone that dont have them on FList cant do any shouts anywhere, cant trade items or use AH and DBox to move thier items/gilz about.

Ninja Edit: maybe i should suggest this to a GM and maybe they will impliment this, oh wait GM's do nothing anyways so i guess its a loose loose situation

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-04-25 00:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i am not saying restrict everyone, i am just saying restrict the trial version of the game only
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-25 00:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, we could attack RMTs at the source.

Infect their servers with enough viruses that they have to restart their entire system over again (which costs money) and continue doing that every time they restart a new system = no profits from selling gil (if you nuke them fast enough, they can't make any profits at all) + huge losses (each time you have to restart the system, that costs money and time) = no RMTs. Or at least, none advertising, which also is a huge loss for them.

Internet germ warfare {I'm interested}

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Tousou
Server: Midgardsormr
user:
By Midgardsormr.Tousou 2009-04-25 00:24:24

Bartimaeus said:
I personally think it's worth enduring the /tells from RMTs, so that we don't have a more restrictive gameplay.

People complain about rmt farmers, SE nerfs npc price, people complain moar.

Meh

Seconded.

That, and you can only put so many restrictions on something before people say, "Screw this." Limit it too much, and there's no point in a Trial Account even existing. RMT abuse it, should new/interested players have to endure even more annoyance?
 Cerberus.Zonnashi
Server: Cerberus
user: Zonnashi
By Cerberus.Zonnashi 2009-04-25 01:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose I cant' say much, I play regularly, but being a Z name, I have gotten a grand total of 2 RMT /t's
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-25 01:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I wasn't getting many tells at all until a couple weeks ago, now I'm getting one every other day. Maybe they're starting from the bottom of the alphabet this time around or something?

At any rate, no biggie to me. Report to GM if I'm not busy and get on with my day...
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-25 01:33:50

I think they're rather amusing, especially to see their misspelled slogans and ridiculous prices. I think one from awhile back said "Fist come, fist serve" and was offering 1m for like $37; and their discounts are something lame like 3%.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-04-25 03:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a tell from an RMT, and since I get them pretty frequently, I sent a message back. This made the RMT send me 10 tells in a row >_> It only stopped when I blisted him and when that account was banned I got more tells sent to me. I get tells from both Brogames and FFbase etc, it's incredibly annoying.
 Shiva.Whitejune
Server: Shiva
user: Whitejune
By Shiva.Whitejune 2009-04-25 09:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I got so fed up with the rmt tells i went to the brogames live chat and asked them not to send me any tells anymore becouse i'm not going to buy gil anyways. this was about 2 weeks ago, haven't gotten a tell since.
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Server: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-04-25 09:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

they just need to link the free trial acct with a credit card because they would be forced to have accountability.
 Bahamut.Citag
Server: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-04-25 09:51:53

I had forgotten about these. I was getting them for a really long time, then luckily they stopped all together. /comfort for anyone dealing with it, it's as bad as standing in WG with all the damn /shouts.
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-04-29 19:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

now RMT's are taking the piss. 23 RMT /tell's today so far >.<
 Titan.Xanakali
Server: Titan
user: Xanakali
By Titan.Xanakali 2009-04-29 19:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
You know, we could attack RMTs at the source.

Infect their servers with enough viruses that they have to restart their entire system over again.
Internet germ warfare {I'm interested}

My guess is that there is no "server", each of the RMT are prolly using a computer that 1-3 other RMT use; at least thats how most of these operations work.

A typical farm is something like this:
1 Cot
2 PC's
3 people taking shifts along the chain taking turns sleeping.

Theres an interesting documentary about RMTs' out there.
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-04-29 19:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i think you may be talking about this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ketOtwjAdO4
First Page 2