Forum » FFXI » General » Annoying RMT /tell's
Annoying RMT /tell's
 Asura.Avender
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Avender
By Asura.Avender 2009-04-30 01:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I was on a good part of the day, and got about 7 or 8 today. I think Asura is pretty bad. Having a nam that begins with 'A' doesnt help either...
 Gilgamesh.Gloarb
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Gloarb
By Gilgamesh.Gloarb 2009-04-30 02:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

On Gilgamesh, we have this problem...... >.>

The only thing I can do is /bl this asswhole !!!

I am sad to see SE not even moving the little finger. Whereas it breaks us the feet if we are users of third software like windower.

A friend saw his account removed, because it sold too much Angel skin. there would not have been these GS, it would never have lost it. Even after several hours to try to explain why it was not a GS, the GM wanted anything to know… Thx SE.
 Garuda.Shizukat
Server: Garuda
user: Shizukat
By Garuda.Shizukat 2009-04-30 05:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Since the problem with these is mostly Trial-Account related it might indeed not be a bad idea to restrict them in some way.

Easiest solution would be to force free accounts to be linked to a valid Credit Card (which is with most other MMORPGs). That way they are easier to track down, and will eventually run out or give up.

The idea to restrict Trial-Accounts a bit more isn't that bad either. Like a 30~60 second delay between /tell would greatly slow advertising down and shouldn't be that much of a issue to new players. You could remove this restriction for people on your friendslist.
However to combat friends-list-request spam you'll generate you'll need to limit these so you can only have 1 request open at a time, and if it gets declined make a 5 minute delay to do a new one.

Other solution that can be used (or also added) would be to filter out (known) URL-type /tell or /sh and give sending player another delay to deal with.

Just my idea about it.
 Lakshmi.Strey
Server: Lakshmi
user: Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-30 06:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shizukat said:
Since the problem with these is mostly Trial-Account related it might indeed not be a bad idea to restrict them in some way.

Easiest solution would be to force free accounts to be linked to a valid Credit Card (which is with most other MMORPGs). That way they are easier to track down, and will eventually run out or give up.

The idea to restrict Trial-Accounts a bit more isn't that bad either. Like a 30~60 second delay between /tell would greatly slow advertising down and shouldn't be that much of a issue to new players. You could remove this restriction for people on your friendslist.
However to combat friends-list-request spam you'll generate you'll need to limit these so you can only have 1 request open at a time, and if it gets declined make a 5 minute delay to do a new one.

Other solution that can be used (or also added) would be to filter out (known) URL-type /tell or /sh and give sending player another delay to deal with.

Just my idea about it.

Totally agree, if they are just testing the game they dont need to even send people tells 50 zones away. I dont know how far trial accounts go, but what can they get to like lv10 or 20? Their tells and chats should be zone restricted.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-30 06:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I only hate it when I'm seeking party. I think it's an invite. ><;
Besides that I don't care for them, just ignore and move on.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-30 06:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 3 in dynamis today while i was trying to call times while engaged to mobs as a blm very annoying
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-04-30 06:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if you had them use a credit card, the people (if they're smart) can use one of the prepaid Visa's from the store. Also in turn would allow them to just fake up the info.

As for restrictions, that could work, however if they did then I would lose my fun.

I like to /tell them back and tell them they're a fruit and that i'm batwoman so they should leave me alone before I hunt them down in the middle of the night and eat their cookies.
 Bahamut.Kormix
Server: Bahamut
user: Korm
By Bahamut.Kormix 2009-04-30 06:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Citag said:
I had forgotten about these. I was getting them for a really long time, then luckily they stopped all together. /comfort for anyone dealing with it, it's as bad as standing in WG with all the damn /shouts.

Bahamut's closed to new accounts.... no more RMT /tells yay!
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-04-30 06:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't say for sure if they stopped for awhile...b/c I was gone for 3 months. Only been back for 2 weeks, but i'm having fun just yelling back at them. Not like they answer...but some days I wish they would so I could yell some more and get out some of my anger...lolz
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-30 07:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I got three yesterday...they must be coming up on their end of the month deadline or some ***. They need to start back at the beginning of the alphabet again >.<
 Fairy.Wolfjorg
user: wolfjorgg
By Fairy.Wolfjorg 2009-04-30 07:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 2 of them back to back, First one showed up then 5-7 secs later another one showed up. Both were by diffrent people.
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2009-04-30 07:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

you people *** too much -,- ... few tells will dissapear in your log in a matter of seconds who gives a crap
 Asura.Icon
Server: Asura
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-30 07:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The in game tells are annoying, but manageable. It is when they send and email it is bad b/c then you have this item flashing in the top corner which is distracting (well it is distract --- ow LASER POINTER ................... --- ing to me I don't know about everyone else). Then you have to log out of the game just to check to see it is a message about buying gils.
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-04-30 07:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Machiaveli said:
you people *** too much -,- ... few tells will dissapear in your log in a matter of seconds who gives a crap

meow? why don't you just ignore the thread? we're just finding something to conversate about.

Icon said:
The in game tells are annoying, but manageable. It is when they send and email it is bad b/c then you have this item flashing in the top corner which is distracting (well it is distract --- ow LASER POINTER ................... --- ing to me I don't know about everyone else). Then you have to log out of the game just to check to see it is a message about buying gils.

emails? i dont even read them >.> hehe
 Pandemonium.Aravol
Server: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-04-30 08:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, RMTs will never go away, sadly. I guess some people just refuse to get a real damn job.
The tells arent spammed to bad and im lucky i havent gotten an email yet. I just ignore he tells and go on. They eventually stop.
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-04-30 08:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I normally would have ignored them, but if they're not going to answer why not get out some stress? hehe Batwoman doesn't tolerate sillyness like that :P at least not during a heated debate in linkshell about gummi bears and scary movies @.@
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-04-30 08:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

[b] (GATHER TOGETHER) (BLACK MAGE) NUKEM [/B]
 Fairy.Raikan
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-04-30 08:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of other MMO's don't allow trial accounts to have a lot of interactions with paid in full members.

Much as I hate to say it, Blizzard got it right with WoW. Trial accounts cannot communicate with full members through /tell (Whispers).

If SE would implement something similar, the /tell spam from free accounts would stop, and any /tells received after that would be from bannable accounts.
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-04-30 08:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care, I have fun with it.

Anytime a linkshell member gets one they "/l Oh no...Sav..."

and i politely "/l excuse me a minute...Batwoman needs to go play a sec..."

hehehe we all laugh about it.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-30 08:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I normally could give two shits, really, but yesterday was especially bad as I kept getting them while I was trying to do Feast of Swords, so I'd get distracted for a minute and the *** armor would Aeon Flux or whatever the hell that one ability is called and I'd miss it and be pissed >.<
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-30 08:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My common response to these is "F*CK OFF!!" but I don't get them often. *knock on Wooooodum*