Is Brulo Solo-able On BST?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Is Brulo Solo-able on BST?
Is Brulo Solo-able on BST?
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-10-07 13:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Is he?
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-07 14:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

With full PDT, I guess it's possible... but I wouldn't try it solo first. I'd duo/trio it to start, and estimate. His WSs can be quite potent, and I'm not sure PDT works against them. I kept a combo of fire-resist/PDT/MDT when I tanked him on WAR. Also, Inferno will more than likely kill your pet, and he can use it more than once a fight.

If you were to try, I'd say use Gooey.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-10-07 14:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm thinking Ducal Guard and Zenith possibly for -60% damage taken, I can't see inferno killing my pet with that on, although I've never done it to judge myself.

Edit: Yea I suppose it may be risky if he does Inferno before the pet is below half hp.
 Asura.Izilder
Server: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2011-10-07 14:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe fight mobs and push the pet past 50 % before pop ?

DG/FF/BW Atma's perhaps?
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-10-07 14:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly i dont think there is anyway you will be able to solo. His spikes alone would be enough to kill your pet + the dmg you take from melee, he hits like a truck. Not to mention his physical blood pact can drop you pretty much instantly. If you manage to do it, then ill be very impressed. Good luck to you though.
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-07 14:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to try for the epeen of bst soloing, then go ahead. I did brulo a while back with a bst using yuly and a similar atma combination, inferno did 1.1k to yuly, flaming crush did 1.4. As the bst wasn't solo i can't give u any more numbers, but i hope this helps.

If you just want to kill solo, rdm can DoT/nuke it down fairly easily. MM/ambition/ultimate atma i used for this, 90rdm/sch.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-10-07 14:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How does Leviathan fare against him?
 Ifrit.Tulnig
Server: Ifrit
user: Tulnig
By Ifrit.Tulnig 2011-10-07 14:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be easy-squeezy with a fist full of Dawn Muslums, but not worth it in my opinion.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-07 15:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, without the use of dawn lolsums
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-10-07 15:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of conflicting answers here lol.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-07 15:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

probably comes down to whether or not you have the appropriate atmas. I'd prolly use DG/BW/Vicissitude even though it will take about 40 minutes.
 Diabolos.Obliterate
Server: Diabolos
user: TBMC
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2011-10-07 15:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say that it is possible. Pretty much anything that doesn't have some kind of special defense like say glavoid (abosorbing melee dmg) can be soloed by bst with enough time, pet food and mulsums(with very few exceptions like rani). With the addition of run wild to aid in survivabilty, its really tough for your pet to die with ducal guard + zenith(or the WoTG for magic mobs) and or RR, regen atma depending on what you are fighting.

You should also take into account the proper magic defense properties and hp of the bst you are using, using dipper on brulo would be kinda dumb since dipper is weak to fire and has low hp. The only jug pet strong to fire is the raptor so that may fare better. Nothing in abyssea can take a bst pet down with melee hits alone after the -90% pdt that every bst should have. Also I think someone suggested using gooey, which I would also probably disagree with since gooey is also weak to fire. Bottom line is yes it can probably be done, it will take a fair amount of skill and effort to get the job done though.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-10-07 15:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Swift Sieghard has fire resist.

Can get atma fire+100.

Ducal and zenith atma with MKE head and ferine+1 legs should put you at -78% MDT. Shepherds and selemus belt -83%.

BW, zenith, ducal with Swift should be your best chance. I haven't done him, but i'd worry about how strong his spikes get.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-07 15:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Obliterate said: »
using dipper on brulo would be kinda dumb since dipper is weak to fire and has low hp
the only reason i even say soloing brulo is possible is because i walked by a full perle glyph axe BST soloing it with yuly while doing a few koios.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-10-07 15:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll probably just see if anyone on Bahamut wants a free Brulo pop for the Souls. I was just interested in the earring.
 Diabolos.Obliterate
Server: Diabolos
user: TBMC
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2011-10-07 15:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said: »

Can get atma fire+100.

Ducal and zenith atma with MKE head and ferine+1 legs should put you at -78% MDT. Shepherds and selemus belt -83%.

BW, zenith, ducal with Swift should be your best chance. I haven't done him, but i'd worry about how strong his spikes get.

Good stuff this setup should make it fairly safe if you have access to all the gear. Although you would be in for a very long battle with the loss of RR.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-10-07 16:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Obliterate said: »
Carbuncle.Axle said: »

Can get atma fire+100.

Good stuff this setup should make it fairly safe if you have access to all the gear. Although you would be in for a very long battle with the loss of RR.

Could prob go with RR instead of BW, if Swift's fire resist is like dipper's then you won't need too much extra.
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-10-07 16:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

if you are gonna do that, might as well sell the pop for like 300k to someone doing souls and just take the earring, its like a 100% drop. And use the money to put towards your Gutler
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-10-09 01:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the drop rate on the earring anyhow? Wiki shoes 100% but it's only 1/1 lol.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [108 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Darkelv
user: Darkelv
By Bahamut.Darkelv 2012-01-25 07:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey,

didn't want to start a new thread but would like to know what a good way of duo/trio brulo is now @99??
Jobs choices I have...
Apion: WAR, MNK, WHM, BST, SAM99 - PLD98 - BLM94 - RDM91
Darkelv: WHM, BLM, RDM, THF, NIN99

Thanks for any advice!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-01-25 07:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK + WHM could duo with little issues at level 95, so definitely good to go at 99. Not sure what atma combo was used though.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2012-01-25 07:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
MNK + WHM could duo with little issues at level 95, so definitely good to go at 99. Not sure what atma combo was used though.
SNARE!!!!! O.O
 Bahamut.Darkelv
user: Darkelv
By Bahamut.Darkelv 2012-01-25 07:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
SNARE!!!!! O.O

?!?
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2012-01-25 07:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing pld/mnk + whm on him with ease. I have almace/ochain, otherwise I'd do mnk. I've watched nin+whm and thf+whm kill him with no problems.
By javelinx 2012-01-25 08:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i duo him sam/war whm/rdm wth no issues, GH/BW/vicissitude, goes down in like 5 min with no issues, i'm sure a bst could solo this mob with the right dt- gear/atma's, probably wouldn't take stupid long either...long enough to piss off the other ppl trying to pop? maybe ;p

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
Server: Ragnarok
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-25 10:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen him be solo'd by BST @99 with Dipper. But I usually trio-box MNK/THF/WHM and never have any problems. MNK has vere and just use straight DD atmas to kill him fast.

If you plan to use THF+WHM I would really consider a good PDT set since his magic isn't magical it's physical, although barfira can help the damage from his spikes because they do significantly more damage as he has lower HP.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
Server: Ragnarok
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-25 10:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
MDT set has always worked on avatar nuking for me /shrug and I killed Ogopogo 2 days ago, still functions the same

I been working on my souls decently lately and I been fighting Brulo because I needed pup/bst seals. I tried fire resist atma's and still got hit for 3500+ on his Inferno. and his FireIV hit's hard w/o PDT set. Idk to each his own. Just my two cents, I hope this helps.
First Page 2