Is Brulo Solo-able On BST?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Is Brulo Solo-able on BST?
Is Brulo Solo-able on BST?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-25 10:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Ragnarok.Crunkie said: »
Josiahkf said: »
MDT set has always worked on avatar nuking for me /shrug and I killed Ogopogo 2 days ago, still functions the same

I been working on my souls decently lately and I been fighting Brulo because I needed pup/bst seals. I tried fire resist atma's and still got hit for 3500+ on his Inferno. and his FireIV hit's hard w/o PDT set. Idk to each his own. Just my two cents, I hope this helps.

Very high chance fire resist wouldn't do anything, all avatar 2 hour abilities have extreme accuracy even if you used 2 fire resist atma and barfira with fire resist gear

However you can lower that to a guarenteed ~1700 with capped MDT + MDB gear, barfira, without using Magic defense atma and without having to play the odds hoping for resists

I'll check that out later on my MNK, it has a full MDT set. Thanks for the heads up. I don't really need it like I said, I tri-box np with DD atma and smash asap. But I would be curious if it does help. As far as I know blood pacts are physical so I just brought PDT @90 cap. @99 full attack.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-25 12:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I rarely do Diabolos just because I hate having to make my WHM outside alliance. Nightmare is still stupid and I have almost wiped from it @99 doing Tri-box. Maybe if I wasn't alt+tabbing it would be easier, but I stick with Razed Ruins/Sanguine Scythe/Apoc for my MNK.

I did notice that the Shell when I didn't put it up made a significant damage increase so I appreciate that. Back at 90 that would be awesome. @99 I just counterstance+impetus with haste and whm buffs and it's dead within 5 minutes easy. THF is just there for the TH as soon as I get the added effect of TH7/8 I move it away and focus on keeping my MNK alive.

I do souls casually not too hardcore and about half way done now. I hope that anybody trying doesn't give up! It can be discouraging!

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-25 12:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, yeah mega de-rail! Jeez!

Appreciate your thoughts and sharing the info though~

And thank you!
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-01-25 12:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say it's impossible... but it would be a hell of a battle.

you can duo it easy, just find a friend to help you, lol
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-01-25 12:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Crunkie said: »
I rarely do Diabolos just because I hate having to make my WHM outside alliance. Nightmare is still stupid and I have almost wiped from it @99 doing Tri-box. Maybe if I wasn't alt+tabbing it would be easier, but I stick with Razed Ruins/Sanguine Scythe/Apoc for my MNK.

I did notice that the Shell when I didn't put it up made a significant damage increase so I appreciate that. Back at 90 that would be awesome. @99 I just counterstance+impetus with haste and whm buffs and it's dead within 5 minutes easy. THF is just there for the TH as soon as I get the added effect of TH7/8 I move it away and focus on keeping my MNK alive.

I do souls casually not too hardcore and about half way done now. I hope that anybody trying doesn't give up! It can be discouraging!
Nightmare still hits you even if you are outside the party so long as you have hate. All of the times we've done him we just have the whm stand 20+ and have had no problems. Is there some other gimmick that I'm unaware of? Draw-in was mentioned but I've never seen him do that. We've done 150 souls so far and we'll have more to do so I'd like to be prepared if he's going to toss something weird out at some point.
 Bahamut.Darkelv
Server: Bahamut
user: Darkelv
By Bahamut.Darkelv 2012-01-26 00:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the infos on this!
Really appreciate it!