Dreamland Dynamis + Procs?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dreamland Dynamis + Procs?
Dreamland Dynamis + Procs?
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-10-04 20:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you, I haven't been on in a few days, I was not aware of this update.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-10-04 21:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Reduced to damn near non-existent from what I can tell. Wasn't able to proc anything in Valk today with AE if it wasn't my target.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-10-04 21:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Themuffingirl said: »
Reduced to damn near non-existent from what I can tell. Wasn't able to proc anything in Valk today with AE if it wasn't my target.

Qft. I could have pulled 200+ coins solo before. I'm down to around 80 now. Not that I didn't think it wasn't broken. Guess it's time to level BST.
 Bismarck.Greezy
user: Greezy
By Bismarck.Greezy 2011-10-04 22:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Good Job Square Enix, i guess its time to start playing WoW because its obvious you care so much about your paying customers.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-04 22:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Greezy said: »
Good Job Square Enix, i guess its time to start playing WoW because its obvious you care so much about your paying customers.

Oh, but they care, much more than you think.

So much, in fact, that they realized if the game was turned tooooo easy and people started poping Relics on a weekly basis, they'd get bored with the game even faster and move on with their lives.

Good thing they care so they made sure we keep on paying them to finish stuff at a slower pace ;)
[+]
 Asura.Flufferkins
Server: Asura
By Asura.Flufferkins 2011-10-04 22:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Greezy said: »

Door's that way... you won't be missed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-10-04 22:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »
Bismarck.Themuffingirl said: »

Qft. I could have pulled 200+ coins solo before. I'm down to around 80 now. Not that I didn't think it wasn't broken. Guess it's time to level BST.

Was experimenting with Valkurm today, hadn't tried it yet because Bubu's been so good. Only came out with about 120 singles duo. Spent the first hour and a half subjob locked on THF trying to A.Edge burn and just gave up after I realized how ridiculous they made it. Unlocked my sub in the last 30 minutes and stuck to JA procs which is when most of the currency started rolling in. Not to mention Valkurm mobs are just annoying as hell. Probably going to start bringing my mule on locked DNC. Only managed to see two white procs (in the same day) before they nerfed it. :( BST/DNC is awesome in Dyna though. Yuly FTW!
[+]
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Server: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2011-10-05 03:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously why the hell did people *** complain about this in the first place on the official forums. Why would SE nerf this its just stupid >.>
[+]
 Fenrir.Crystenne
Server: Fenrir
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-10-05 03:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything, this has severely limited the ability to lowman/solo. With larger groups it still isn't too bad.

I went into Bubu last night with a 7 man group and still made around 450 singles with no white procs.

JA/WS procs are still pretty plentiful and we did get a few AOE staggers, but magic procs are a colossal pain in the *** once again (well, a bigger pain in the ***).

Looks like the BSTs'll just have to farm cities instead.
 Ifrit.Barthelby
Server: Ifrit
user: Barthelby
By Ifrit.Barthelby 2011-10-05 04:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Does SE listen to Gil Sellers now when they decide about droprates ?
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-10-05 04:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Crystenne said: »
If anything, this has severely limited the ability to lowman/solo. With larger groups it still isn't too bad.

I went into Bubu last night with a 7 man group and still made around 450 singles with no white procs.

JA/WS procs are still pretty plentiful and we did get a few AOE staggers, but magic procs are a colossal pain in the *** once again (well, a bigger pain in the ***).

Uh, why? CoP zones have all the beastmen types, plus 24/7 JA procs if you switch mob groups.

Also, you realize 450/7 = 64ish right lol? That's horrible. You seem to have your logic backwards. This nerf actually hurts larger groups due to their (now-defunct) ability to pull large masses of mobs and kill them quickly.

CoP zones are still the best zones to farm currency in, just not as good as they were.

Edit: people seem to forget the fact that you can still get 100's from the beastmen NMs without locking SJs.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-10-05 04:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Barthelby said: »
Does SE listen to Gil Sellers now when they decide about droprates ?
This helps gilsellers...how?

I'm telling you it isn't helping me at all.
By Barthelby 2011-10-05 04:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can duo 500 a run , thats 30-40% more than duo at xarcabard , so the bazar price will fall down 30-40% , so gil sellers will also get 30-40% less money for every relic , or am i wrong?
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2011-10-05 04:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Barthelby said: »
If you can duo 500 a run , thats 30-40% more than duo at xarcabard , so the bazar price will fall down 30-40% , so gil sellers will also get 30-40% less money for every relic , or am i wrong?
[+]
 Asura.Daiiawn
user: daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2011-10-05 04:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

All this has realy changed is the methods you use to farm. My trio went in last night with a JA setup rather than the AE setup we have been using and our coin total was only about 10-15 short of what we usually get AEing (we had a lot of bad luck on single drops and we wernt as efficient in the first hour as the last). With a couple of tweaks to our setup to allow a small chance of white (not that we ever got it much before) i dont think we will pull in any less coins.

The 2 things this update has done are
1: Made dynamis a lot more boring, aeing stuff was fun, killing stuff 2-3 at a time normally sucks

2: Made it better for soloers, while AEing was great for us, it sucked for any groups that arrived at a camp we were at because they would find no mobs up. Where as last night when JA proccing there were always plenty of mobs up
 Asura.Daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2011-10-05 04:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Barthelby said: »

While your logic may be sound, your conclusion that this helps gilsellers is faulty. Not many people work with a buisiness plan that says someone buying 30-40% less of their product is a good thing.

Also do people still buy gil? Really? Lazy *** if they do, gil is stupidly easy to make and there is a lot less to spend it on these days too.
 Ifrit.Barthelby
Server: Ifrit
user: Barthelby
By Ifrit.Barthelby 2011-10-05 04:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well idk if ppl still buy Gil or not, but tell me another reason why ppl cry about a too high proc-/droprate .
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-10-05 04:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they're jealous they don't know how or don't have the resources to do it themselves? I dunno.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-10-05 04:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

People still buy gil yeah.
But the people crying about making relics even easier are people who have one and don't want everyone else to have one, and JP's...which I never understand.
[+]
 Asura.Daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2011-10-05 04:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That.

People who dont fish complain about fishermen making to much gil from it

People who cant afford to buy leech spots in parties complain about people selling them

People who cant afford to buy r/e and cant kill stuff themselves complain about the people who can, selling them.

Havent read the official forums, because i dont like stupidity. Were people complaining about high drop rates or high proc rates when aoeing? Because if its the latter, they would complain because people AEing meant camps were a lot harder to find due to people being able to kill 8-10 mobs at a time.
[+]
 Fenrir.Crystenne
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-10-05 06:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
Fenrir.Crystenne said: »

Also, you realize 450/7 = 64ish right lol? That's horrible. You seem to have your logic backwards.

Sorry, I forgot people farmed Dynamis just for profit and not for relics. My bad.

My point was people can still grind out relics in a respectable timeframe when in a larger group even when camping a single mob type. CoP zones are still nice to farm, just not as lowman friendly unless you roam and focus on a single proc type.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-10-05 07:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The FFXI community never ceases to amaze me with its overwhelming desire ... no, need ... to complain about EVERYTHING.

S-E introduces Abyssea ... people complain that FFXI has gone "easy-mode" and is now too much like WoW.

S-E nerfs Aeolian Edge spam-farming ancient currency in new CoP Dynamis .... people complain about a reduction in "easy mode", and threaten to go play WoW ...

Dynamis is intended to be a group activity. Is it really so shocking that S-E adjusted what was an obvious flaw in their renovation of CoP Dynamis?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-10-05 07:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
The FFXI community never ceases to amaze me with its overwhelming desire ... no, need ... to complain about EVERYTHING.

S-E introduces Abyssea ... people complain that FFXI has gone "easy-mode" and is now too much like WoW.

S-E nerfs Aeolian Edge spam-farming ancient currency in new CoP Dynamis .... people complain about a reduction in "easy mode", and threaten to go play WoW ...

Dynamis is intended to be a group activity. Is it really so shocking that S-E adjusted what was an obvious flaw in their renovation of CoP Dynamis?

QFT.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-05 07:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

For lowman groups, this method wasn't *that much* more efficient than just JA proccing anyway. I'd say the real reason people have to be complain-y is that now Dancer is the only job that can white and red proc in Abyssea without any real efficiency loss. If I lose my sub, my WHM/THF mule just has to spend MP and rest sometimes.

The system was much more open to other job choices (Paladin, Monk, Ninja, etc.) when you could WS proc for decent coins.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-10-05 07:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
For lowman groups, this method wasn't *that much* more efficient than just JA proccing anyway. I'd say the real reason people have to be complain-y is that now Dancer is the only job that can white and red proc in Abyssea without any real efficiency loss.

Well, you may be right.
If that's the case though, it's not like DNC is difficult to level up!
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-10-05 07:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
For lowman groups, this method wasn't *that much* more efficient than just JA proccing anyway. I'd say the real reason people have to be complain-y is that now Dancer is the only job that can white and red proc in Abyssea without any real efficiency loss.

Well, you may be right.
If that's the case though, it's not like DNC is difficult to level up!
it just sucks to lvl it up.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Crollion
Server: Carbuncle
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2011-10-05 09:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm yet to understand why these retards cry about everything like ffs dyna was bomb before this stupid fix. I had a nice group going 7 guys we are working on 3 weapons at 1 time we finally for the first time 2 days ago procced white and was with subs unlocked do I have a ss of it sure don't but both me and our mnk aoe ws and we both swear we saw white and we were right our dnc was afk at the time. But besides that now dynas gimped once again before these revamps a good group could pull 3-500 easy eyes closed and currency was a whole lot cheaper atleast on gilga it was after this revamp prices doubled. Yet people still complain? Like wtf is wrong with these guys if u see people are in the zone do a diff one or wait it out its common sense we won't hit a zone with more then 6 people in it cause we know stuffs gonna be rammed.

And I'm done ranting when I get home so gonna jump on those forums and *** and complain like no tomorrow.
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-10-05 10:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Crollion said: »
I'm yet to understand why these retards cry about everything like ffs dyna was bomb before this stupid fix. I had a nice group going 7 guys we are working on 3 weapons at 1 time we finally for the first time 2 days ago procced white and was with subs unlocked do I have a ss of it sure don't but both me and our mnk aoe ws and we both swear we saw white and we were right our dnc was afk at the time. But besides that now dynas gimped once again before these revamps a good group could pull 3-500 easy eyes closed and currency was a whole lot cheaper atleast on gilga it was after this revamp prices doubled. Yet people still complain? Like wtf is wrong with these guys if u see people are in the zone do a diff one or wait it out its common sense we won't hit a zone with more then 6 people in it cause we know stuffs gonna be rammed.

And I'm done ranting when I get home so gonna jump on those forums and *** and complain like no tomorrow.

Did anyone in your party not have SJ unlocked? If you can get white with SJ unlocked, that will be groundbreaking news.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2011-10-05 10:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This update makes me emo... was pulling 800-1000 coins a night with just 5 people... haven't tried since the update but I can tell that this is gonna make me a sad panda. Still I can see us pull in 400-500 a night just gonna be sad to witness not seeing 50 pieces of currency a pull...
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-10-05 10:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not just people with relics that want them to remain tougher to get. There are still people out there that think some things should be more of a challenge/take longer. You know, people that still want to work on stuff the second week after an update.

As far as this AoE fix goes, yeah, I am sure that people who were doing well with it are gonna be a little upset. But talking like it breaks dynamis or makes low man currency farming impossible is just ridiculous. I mean, it started what, two weeks ago? People were doing okay before that, some people never did it while it worked, and people are going to be just fine afterwards.
[+]