Dreamland Dynamis + Procs?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dreamland Dynamis + Procs?
Dreamland Dynamis + Procs?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-21 00:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sheesh. When they re-make a zone they really re-make a zone. This is going to be a pain in the ***.
By Foxfire 2011-09-21 00:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed. I've only done Bubu, and I don't think I plan on going back without a /very/ good reason. I think I'll just stay in Xarc from now on, since I got my nin&thf -1's.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-21 00:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, proccing and killing Nightmare mobs should be a great way to farm currency. You have a homogenous population of monsters all proccing to the same thing? Awesome. If there are three populations that cycle WS proc near each other and you can just run between them cleaving at their repop rate, you should pull in some serious coin.

This is what I've mocked up for the system, if it ends up being how the system works.
[+]
By Foxfire 2011-09-21 00:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Slight issue with the mock-up: We proc'd JA on a crab at 17:55 [flourish], as I posted earlier.

Edit:

I also saw that someone posted that they were getting 4-5 per beastman. If that's the case, I might consider beastman mobs in Dreamworld dynamis.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-09-21 01:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed, I was killing the higher level yagudo over by the ravens/scorpions/dhalmels and they were putting out very nicely. The ravens are VERY squishy and proc very easily if you're using the right procs it seems, even messing around the first 45 minutes or so trying to find the last TE I came out with more than my average currency count pulling between the ravens and the yags. I always just farm EP mobs in cities/northlands so I don't know if the higher level mobs usually yielded more coins per kill or not. I do think if done right, once the proc system is figured out entirely, CoP zones could be a better money maker. I did not see any NMs except for one Yagudo NM wandering around by the Yag/Gob TEs. I'm assuming they're lotteries in that zone.
By Foxfire 2011-09-21 01:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't venture far beyond ravens/bunnies/mandy/crawler/crabs, so I can't really tell you. We killed maybe one quadav, and it was before we got TEs, so it was moot.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-09-21 01:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

WS proc on treants in Valkurm
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-09-21 02:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Themuffingirl said: »
Bismarck.Recaldy said: »
Regarding procs the Hypos weren't proced by WSes. We didn't try too many JAs other than bully.

Did you manage to get Bully to proc at all? I tried it several times during JA hours and couldn't get it to work, wondering if it's just a waste to try like Mug always has been for me.

Not sure about that area, but Bully seemed to work as a proc for us in Bubu.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-09-21 02:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Burkey said: »
not proc related, but in regards to buburimu, which mobs drop the -1 hands (specifically aa-1)? its been awhile since i was there.

After knowing a few THF that had AA+1, I can promise you it breaks their TH forever :D
 Fenrir.Ultrajake
Server: Fenrir
user: Ultrajake
By Fenrir.Ultrajake 2011-09-21 16:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did a second bubu run... was pretty accurate on 4/5 TE from all post on this and BG. couldnt find 5th TE. Got about 8 -1s sadly no thf, almost all acc from each type of mob... a few of each to be exact, and about 50 currency all together. I had subjobs unlocked from start, and just randomly got procs if i was lucky... tried to proc 0 mobs, simply killed for speed to see what id get. got a nightmare chop r/ex from one of the mobs... dont know what it pops yet. I procd nightmare mobs with yellow at random times using magic, ja, and ws. couldnt find a pattern, and if i changed mobs right after i procd a diff mob with for instance magic... the next mob was something different for proc. in bubu stay away from those dame slug mobs on eastern beach... o man they are hard... damn virus. Dont know if -1s are area or mob specific drops. was getting same ones from all over... got sorc hands -1 at least 5 times from different mobs... /drop.

went in boxing with 4 char. 91thf, 92nin, 92rdm, 92blm.

Nightmare Chop r/ex - "A tender cut of lean meat said to draw the attention of a particular creature."
By Foxfire 2011-09-21 19:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ultrajake said: »
Nightmare Chop r/ex - "A tender cut of lean meat said to draw the attention of a particular creature."
Lost Aitvaras, according to BGwiki.
By Foxfire 2011-09-22 00:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Update:
For Scorps:
00:00-08:00 = WS
08:00-16:00 = Magic
16:00-00:00 = JA

For Crawlers:
00:00-08:00 = JA
08:00-16:00 = WS
16:00-00:00 = Magic

For Crabs:
00:00-08:00 = WS
08:00-16:00 = Magic
16:00-00:00 = JA
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-09-22 01:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like depending on the currency they drop they share the same rotation? Pretty sure scorps and crabs drop shells and crawlers are bynes? I believe the ravens followed the JA > WS > magic pattern as well and they dropped bynes. So anything that drops bronzes should be Magic > JA > WS.
By Foxfire 2011-09-22 01:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That might be a very good observation, I didn't really pay attention to that. I would have to try bunnies / mandies / ravens next time and tell you what I can gather.

Edit ;;

Actually no, I think that's conclusive enough with the mock-up posted by Byrth.

Going from 8 in-game hour intervals, the patterns vary as follow:
Shells = WS > MA > JA
Bynes = JA > WS > MA
O. Piece = MA > JA > WS

We've solved the algorithm~
[+]
 Carbuncle.Crollion
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2011-09-28 09:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Stupid question inc but maybe someone can shed some light for me cause yesterday spending a hour just trying to find all those damn TEs pissed me off. Te 1-4 what are the names of em I know the 5th is whatever idol we found the 5th quick by luck.

Anyone can help me out would be apreciated.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-09-28 10:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Crollion said: »
Stupid question inc but maybe someone can shed some light for me cause yesterday spending a hour just trying to find all those damn TEs pissed me off. Te 1-4 what are the names of em I know the 5th is whatever idol we found the 5th quick by luck.

Anyone can help me out would be apreciated.

From BGwiki
Adamantking Image
Warchief Tombstone
Goblin Status
Varies * (can be any of the other 4)
 Carbuncle.Crollion
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2011-09-28 11:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank u very much ended up finding last te right behind the 4th TE by orcs
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-09-28 15:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a brief Tav yesterday but I was on a really bad connection and kept lagging/DCing so I didn't get the full feel for the zone. The TEs are all fairly easy to get and seem stationary as they were all in the same place as the BG map shows. Hydras don't link to the TEs so you can pull them from afar and let them walk down to you. You have to clear some Tauri mobs to get to one as they're true sight. The Tauri dropped hydra gear as well as bynes and bronzes. We were able to proc them with both JA and WS between 8 and 16:00. Did not kill enough to see if they could drop shells as well but I tried to spam some magic on one or two to see if they'd proc and no luck. Mobs drop crystals in there as well, was a bit strange. There's two bugards at the entrance to the aqueducts, don't know what they drop as I wasn't able to proc them and got no drops. Worms had shells, bees had bynes. Popped the boss a few times for kicks and he just kept spamming charm and at one point death so we couldn't kill since it was just two of us. He'd eventually just depop after charming us multiple times, but usually as long as Bio was on he would stay up and be non-aggressive when charm wore. That's about as much info as I was able to gather before time ran out. Just thought I'd share.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-30 00:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

did anyone find out why there are EP and VT versions of mobs in the zones?
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-30 09:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said: »
did anyone find out why there are EP and VT versions of mobs in the zones?
bump
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-30 09:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They drop different things.

* EP monsters drop 0~4 coins and and a pop for the old zone boss.
* EM~T monsters drop 1~5 coins (in my experience) and a pop for one of the new NMs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-30 09:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

does it have anything to do with white !! proc chances? :(
 Fenrir.Camaroz
Server: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-09-30 09:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
They drop different things.

* EP monsters drop 0~4 coins and and a pop for the old zone boss.
* EM~T monsters drop 1~5 coins (in my experience) and a pop for one of the new NMs.

yeah thats what our group has experienced
By ilswiftyll 2011-10-04 16:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have a clue what procs the white !! ?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-10-04 16:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ilswiftyll said: »
anyone have a clue what procs the white !! ?

White appears to simply be a chance of a chance to proc off of any other proc while your subjob is locked.

I.E.: Your subjob is locked and you proc red, there's a chance that it will be white instead of red.
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-10-04 16:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to have subjobs locked to proc white. and its a small chance to proc off one of the normal procs. So do a JA to a JA mob and you have a very small chance to proc white instead of red, depending on how many Te's you have.
By ilswiftyll 2011-10-04 17:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

what mobs would be recomended if I was trying to proc white, and would u move around or stay at a camp and wait on repops?
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-10-04 20:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone notice a severe reduction in procs? I get on and I'm AoEing flies on pld, and in 15-20 AoEs, only 5 proc, 1 at a time. Pull again, same issue. I have 5 TE and am proc'ing red.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-10-04 20:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »
Anyone notice a severe reduction in procs? I get on and I'm AoEing flies on pld, and in 15-20 AoEs, only 5 proc, 1 at a time. Pull again, same issue. I have 5 TE and am proc'ing red.
Someone pays attention:
SE said:

Oct. 4, 2011 11:30 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

FINAL FANTASY XI Update (Oct. 4)

At the following time and date, FINAL FANTASY XI was updated to implement the changes detailed below.

[Date & Time]
Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:30 (PDT)

[Update Details]

- The accuracy of area of effect attacks striking the weak point of a monster that is not being targeted has been reduced in the following zones.

Dynamis - Valkurm / Dynamis - Buburimu
Dynamis – Qufim / Dynamis - Tavnazia

- Certain staff trials (16 types) from “Trial of the Magians,” which were postponed from the Sep. 19 version update, have now been implemented.

* This update has been implemented ahead of schedule as a result of early completion of testing.

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XI
[+]
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-10-04 20:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The update changed it.

Specifically: The ability to procure weakness with AoE has been reduced.
[+]