Data For Different Evis WS Sets.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Data for different Evis WS sets.
Data for different Evis WS sets.
First Page 2
By PhysicsAsura 2011-07-23 18:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been reading the THF forums about WS equip sets so I went out and got some of the pieces that people 'advised' others to get. My goal was to achieve the highest Evis' with the gear I have, so I tried a few different combinations.

A few notes:
-All these tests were done on La Thiene Worm Pts
Each worm checked: Even Match - Low Evasion and Low Defense
-I don't believe that Thundersoul(+7DEX) is better than Pyrosoul Ring(+7STR) just from eyeballing all my WS. I spend nearly 15 hours every week at worm pts to come to this conclusion. However, I will do some actual data recording on this later.
-I don't have enough gil to afford double +3 DEX ears and double +3 STR ears to test which one is better.
-From the two notes above, you can see that I don't believe in all the dSTR cap *** in Aby, cause even at worms, I can see a notable difference between 7 STR and 7 DEX in plenty of evis. I don't care about the Evis DEX modifier if I see higher numbers with STR ring.
-I used every weaponskill at 100<TP<200 and all WS were done when the worm is above 80% hp incase I ever did an overkill.

Just incase you're wondering, this is my TP set. I don't have anything fancy like epona's, nor did I bother doing WS gorgets. I DO have shadow belt and Cuchulain's, and I prefer Cuchulain's, just by a sample of 15 Evis' each, I've saw higher numbers with Cuch's.

The Para+2 is DMG+23 DBLATTACK+10 and offhand is Triplus.
STR: 86+55
DEX: 87+110
AGI: 84+83
Att: 567 (My food is Coeurl Sub)

Atmas: RR GH Apoc
Test one:
This is my baseline for comparison.

STR: 86+63
DEX: 87+126
AGI: 84+94
Att: 606 (My food is Coeurl Sub)
Numbers:
2046 2519
2471 2308
3351 3204
3046 3017
2647 3456
3206 2560
2367 3241
2463 2661
2519 2571

# of WS: 22
Avg: 2771
S.D. - 393

Test two:
Comparing Loki's with Riader's Vest +2

DEX: 87+125
AGI: 84+83
ATT: 611

Numbers:

# of WS: 28
Avg: 2666
S.D. - 428

Test three:
Testing tumbler's trunks vs. Raider's culottes +2

DEX: 87+128
AGI: 84:94
ATT: 588

Numbers:

# of WS: 28
Avg: 2670
S.D. - 499

----
What I saw:
-As with the nature of WS, there will always be very high and very low numbers (spikes), but my goal is the actually make the spikes smaller and make the numbers more consistent.
-There is definitely an accuracy problem
-Return TP ranged from 6-17
-Haste+Double March made absolutely no difference on evis (I used a bard mule the entire time)

----
There is no conclusion, just putting this out there. I will do alot more tests to see what would actually put my numbers at a more consistent rate and test out different gear sets when I have time to obtain them.

I still need to work on:
Heca Cap +1
Heca Subligar +1
Double Dex+3 ear
Double STR+3 ear
1 More STR+7 Ring
1 More DEX+7 Ring
Rancor's Collar
Skadi feet.

Will post more tests and more data on:
Raider's Bonnet +2 instead of Aias
Fenrir's Earring instead of Suppa DURING daytime
and different combinations of gear from "still need to work on".

----
I do not want this post to be a flame thread on how I didn't follow what you guys like, I did all my tests and I don't care about your math. Please give some constructive criticism if you like. Either way, take it or leave it.

Edit: I forgot to mention one thing, Apotgyma or however you spell it was right on Evis loves att. I'm working on Twash but I'd like to try to confirm that Rudra's love DEX>ATT.
However, I would like to remind you of one thing: I honestly believe putting more STR with a balanced DEX will yield higher evis.
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-07-23 18:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I do not want this post to be a flame thread on how I didn't follow what you guys like, I did all my tests and I don't care about your math. Please give some constructive criticism if you like. Either way, take it or leave it.

Why post it then?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-23 18:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

small sample size, minimal control of test subjects, minimal control of TP at time of WS, etc

if you really have acc problems vs EP mobs I feel bad for you son, but it's more likely that you simply failed to remember that hitrate caps at 95%

Quote:
Fenrir's Earring instead of Suppa DURING daytime
Why would you use Suppa for WS on THF?
[+]
By PhysicsAsura 2011-07-23 18:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre - only yesterday did I begin to record the numbers I've been getting. this was a quick post, but later I'll do an honest trial (50+ each WS) with a lot more control over the critical variables.

And sorry, I don't believe that you've read the whole post before you even began to insult. {No thanks}

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-07-23 18:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
while we're here, let's figure out the best possible evisceration ws set for 90 cap in game. I'll start and anyone else can just change it up until we all agree.

Mob is neutral in all regards so we can get a starting point and modify as needed (like 2 str kilas for a high def mob etc etc)

what would you change

Inside or outside Abyssea
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-23 19:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

PhysicsAsura said:
Nightfyre - only yesterday did I begin to record the numbers I've been getting. this was a quick post, but later I'll do an honest trial (50+ each WS) with a lot more control over the critical variables.

And sorry, I don't believe that you've read the whole post before you even began to insult. {No thanks}
If you want a decent confidence interval I'd imagine you'd need a fairly strong sample size, not just 50ish WS. Not sure who you're talking to in the second part, you've honestly been the most bullish person in the thread thus far. Toning things down a bit might get you some more serious responses as opposed to people marking you as yet another "lol i don't care about maffs i eyeballed ***" poster (not saying that you are).
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-07-23 19:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
PhysicsAsura said:

If you want a decent confidence interval I'd imagine you'd need a fairly strong sample size, not just 50ish WS. Not sure who you're talking to in the second part, you've honestly been the most bullish person in the thread thus far. Toning things down a bit might get you some more serious responses as opposed to people marking you as yet another "lol i don't care about maffs i eyeballed ***" poster (not saying that you are).

And, yes, I read the post. But what I bolded is exactly what I got out of it. The game is coded on equations, the math gives you the answers.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-07-23 19:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably gonna need way more than 50+ to get accurate numbers tho :<
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-23 19:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's keep things civil here, alright? OP, that means you, too. Nightfyre was spot on.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-07-23 19:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
while we're here, let's figure out the best possible evisceration ws set for 90 cap in game. I'll start and anyone else can just change it up until we all agree.

Mob is neutral in all regards so we can get a starting point and modify as needed (like 2 str kilas for a high def mob etc etc)

what would you change
Either Lithe boots or augmented Heca+1 feet instead of setantas. Rajas over a Dex+7 ring if fStr is not capped. Raider's boomerang over qirmiz (because boomerang is best for overall DPS, and you lose the TP gained from the WS when switching back to boom).
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-07-23 19:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how every thread on here has to be told to be kept civil.

Bunch of animals you all are!
[+]
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
Server: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-07-23 19:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

As I've always noted, Evisceration loves Attack. Especially in Abyssea.

Might I suggest a pair of Merman Earrings, they a tad cheaper than those +3's in slot.
Or go for an Aesir Ear Pendant (i've been to lazy to go AU)

Heca-Legs are great! Even moreso if you can get Crit.R & Acc augments.

I'd probably keep Aias over Heca-Cap. Or go for the new headgear from Dyna.

I really like Str-Kila +2's.
And despite the ongoing arguements of what dagger is better, this knife will still be on the list after the next level cap.

Leviathan.Laphine
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Laphine 2011-07-23 19:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Augmented heca is back to being the best too (not on hands - well, hands might sometimes). Like you said, attack is juicy^^. There is also a 10 attack ear as option. The name escaped me tho.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-07-23 20:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
if you really have acc problems vs EP mobs I feel bad for you son

...ive got 99 problems but acc aint one?

Anwig is ws dmg 15 ws acc 4 str 4 agi variation, ive only been 90 thf about a week most of the gear is lifted from my chant ws build though so gearing evis build didnt take long. Need heca legs, possibly aias bonnet or just use maats cap, 3-4dex earring and cuch waist.

updated build :

Cheap and effective. old build had warwolf and aesir which could still be used situationally, chiner's belt is also good inside abyssea or outside with assassin's charge up. I should prob swap rajas for thundersoul which I own and use for chant on pld over epona's just im not sure about it for this build. I also own heca feet+1 with 3str and heca hands+1 with 3-4 dagger and sword skill and 4% crit hit dmg iirc. Im pretty sure af3+2 hands are better but im not 100%.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-07-23 20:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

They can wear fenrir earring though 50% of the time, not that I bothered macroing it for thf but its set for my mnk when the time is right.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-08-05 13:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

so why doesn't soil belt/ soil gorget really make it into peeps ws set listing?

EDit: also how much does double att /triple att play into these wses?
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-05 13:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

How does Anguines compare to Cuch?
 Lakshmi.Deathsightt
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Deathsightt 2011-08-05 14:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Since were talking about item sets.. I would like to improve mine. This is what I have, and would love to improve it, let me know what I need to do please.

I have shadow belt, worth it?

Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-05 14:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Deathsightt said:
Since were talking about item sets.. I would like to improve mine. This is what I have, and would love to improve it, let me know what I need to do please.

I have shadow belt, worth it?

no, stick to cuchulain's. maybe wear something in the neck slot too.
[+]
 Bismarck.Veruna
user: Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2011-08-05 14:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So Cuch Belt and something else in neck slot is better than Shadow Belt/Gorget paired up?
 Lakshmi.Deathsightt
By Lakshmi.Deathsightt 2011-08-05 14:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice ninja edit :P!

Atheling worth it at any time? What suggestions do you have for neck? I have been up in the air and can't decide :/
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-05 14:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Veruna said:
So Cuch Belt and something else in neck slot is better than Shadow Belt/Gorget paired up?
yes. evisceration doesn't get a big boost at all from the gorgets/belts.

Belt, cuchulain's is pretty much the best. for neck, rancor > love > agasaya's is what I'd rank them.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-05 14:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Atheling worth it at any time? What suggestions do you have for neck? I have been up in the air and can't decide :/
Well, coming from DNC, I'd say use Atheling. For THF though, I dunno how it would work with SA and TA, honestly. But unstacked would definitely say Atheling.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-08-05 14:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Bismarck.Veruna said:

Belt, cuchulain's is pretty much the best. for neck, rancor > love > agasaya's is what I'd rank them.

what about pipilaka belt +6 str/dex?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-05 14:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Bismarck.Veruna said:

what about pipilaka belt +6 str/dex?
The 10 attack would be better for evisceration than 6 STR.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-05 14:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
From the two notes above, you can see that I don't believe in all the dSTR cap *** in Aby, cause even at worms, I can see a notable difference between 7 STR and 7 DEX in plenty of evis. I don't care about the Evis DEX modifier if I see higher numbers with STR ring.

FYI it doesnt go well to say "those peoples ideas are ***, but please give me nice feedback that doesnt involve said '***' that has been accepted as correct for the greater part of a decade" while your own tests are inadequate to disprove them. All your tests fall within the standard deviation ranges based on the sample size making everything (so far) 100% inconclusive. You will need to do THOUSANDS of WS on each because you are not limiting variables besides mob level.

You can vastly improve your numbers to get to a conclusive data set much faster if you:

*Use the same TP (or at least 100-105 or anything smaller than 100-200 range)
*Remove ALL multi atk (DA/TA) gear. (Test would be much better as a dnc or brd to remove Thfs native triple atk)

Anything you can do to stabalize each WS to be as similar as possible to the last one will reduce the number you need to perform to get useful and conclusive numbers.

Quote:
I prefer Cuchulain's, just by a sample of 15 Evis' each, I've saw higher numbers with Cuch's.
Statements like this undermine credibility for accurate testing because they are simply not the way you test these things. 15 WS between 100-200TP on mobs without removing all sources of multi atk is flatly not enough WS to make that determination.

If you are going to challenge well established ideas, you MUST provide VERY high quality and thorough testing. Anything less will get you nowhere but shouted off the stage.

I am not trying to tell you to stop. Many misconceptions have been brought to light by individuals testing and proving them wrong against a lot of initial resistance and that is GREAT. But your current methodology will not be adequate to reach any conclusion at all, let alone challenge the status quo. You need better testing if you want this to go anywhere.

My feet have 3str, 2polearm skill. Legs have 3% crit rate.

It isnt quite perfect yet. Changes I would like to make are:
*Better heca augs. Feet with more str and atk.
*Heca Cap+1 with +10 atk augment and +DA
*4dex earrings (pixie3, delta2 used for now)

Also, to those using stormsoulx2, dont forget about rajas. 5str will beat 2 dex on Evis every time. 30% dex mod is virutally identical point for point to str (until the '***' fstr cap anyway) so 5>2 and also means 2.5atk in exchange for 1 acc. Good trade. Rudras is 60% dex so 1dex=2str so i keep rajas for that as well.

Anyway, with the above changes made, I would feel pretty confident in that set as just about the best unless im overlooking something.
[+]
 Sylph.Gredival
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-08-05 14:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm under the impression that in Abyssea you should stick to Atheling for basically the same reasons that you would keep Epona's on. Outside it might be worth dropping down to Nifty.

As for neck, stick to Torque (or Tonberry Collar). I believe that for dagger, Torque almost always trumps Gorget.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-05 14:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'm under the impression that in Abyssea you should stick to Atheling for basically the same reasons that you would keep Epona's on. Outside it might be worth dropping down to Nifty.

iirc its actually the opposite. Atheling is for the atk and eponas/brutal are fairly weak on WS (over time) compared to other pieces.

Quite some time back (not on this forum), I worked out how Brutal compares to a dex earring. It turned out that the 3 dex earring would avg higher evis over time than a brutal, but to be honest i really dont remember if I checked all SAWS/TAWS/SoloWS or just one of them. This was a loooong time ago, so probably needs to be double checked. But, going on that, 3dex>5%DA on WS, then 7dex would beat 3DA/3TA(equivalent to 9DA). 3dex>5DA then 7>9DA.

If i get some time i may rework this comparison out as I did it back at 75 and a lot has changed, but until i get around to it, im still leaning with raw stats over multi-atk gear (brutal/eponas). I will also probably add in rudras as it didnt even exist back then and i have personal interest in rudras :P
First Page 2