Link | Quote | Reply

i could direct u to my 3 hit build thread but then again it was deleted
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-07-12 13:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ikishoten works, as far as I was able to tell.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-12 13:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I had ikishoten merits before the update lol now they are just nicer I guess.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-12 13:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you get TP from the Zanshin Counters?
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-07-12 14:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Do you get TP from the Zanshin Counters?

*The samurai ability Seigan is now augmented with a bonus based on the player's Zanshin attack rate that increases the chance of countering an anticipated attack.

what i know for a fact is that sam could counter before this update. before with seigan third eye up, and now with just seigan up via af3 kabuto. what im taking from the statement above is that if you have more zanshin, you will counter more than you use to. so seigan is augmented to increase counter rate, but not augmented to change counter to the tone of receiving tp for a successful counter.
 Bismarck.Luuujeje
Server: Bismarck
user: luuujeje
By Bismarck.Luuujeje 2011-07-12 14:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for being a noob, idk what "ready a monster for skill chain" means. >.>;
 Cerberus.Lasareth
Server: Cerberus
user: lasareth
By Cerberus.Lasareth 2011-07-12 14:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

so um...

has anyone seen a set bonus proc on hasso zanshin hits yet?
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-07-12 15:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luuujeje said:

there is prob some fancy explination for it but basically it meas that the next ws used will close the skillchain after the job ability was used on the target. some ws' work, some dont. testing is still being done.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-12 15:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

the only form of counter i know of that gives TP is retaliation for war, and thats not actually like counter, since you get hit first
 Fenrir.Crystenne
Server: Fenrir
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-07-12 15:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luuujeje said:

Imagine that the JA is someone WSing - you can then use a WS yourself to close a skillchain. That's the easiest way to explain it.

As has been mentioned, what skillchains/elements are created are still being tested, but you can create Light/Dark~
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-12 16:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zellc said:
Bismarck.Luuujeje said:

there is prob some fancy explination for it but basically it meas that the next ws used will close the skillchain after the job ability was used on the target. some ws' work, some dont. testing is still being done.

The testing is kind of done, this is how it works:
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Konzen-ittai

The order of skillchain properties I give is as if you were reading them A) Light B) Dark C) Gravitation D) etc. You'll skillchain with whatever the first compatible property is. That's why Konzen-ittai -> Frag property = Frag and not Light.
 Caitsith.Pebe
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Pebe 2011-07-12 16:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry quick off topic question. The new JA >> Kasha >> light >> fudo >> light actually works? I saw the screenshot, so obviously works.. but I was under the impression that only relic weapons could make double light? Has this been changed? Or am I misunderstanding the bonus skillchain effects relics get? Can relic go JA >> Kasha >> light >> kaiten >> light >> kaiten >> light?
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-07-12 17:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Pebe said:
I'm sorry quick off topic question. The new JA >> Kasha >> light >> fudo >> light actually works? I saw the screenshot, so obviously works.. but I was under the impression that only relic weapons could make double light? Has this been changed? Or am I misunderstanding the bonus skillchain effects relics get? Can relic go JA >> Kasha >> light >> kaiten >> light >> kaiten >> light?

since before this update sam could yuki > gekko > kasha = light > fudo = x2 light. now with the new ja it is made easier to do.
[+]
 Sylph.Zenairis
Server: Sylph
user: Altairis
By Sylph.Zenairis 2011-07-12 18:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I spent about 2 hours testing last night trying to see if I could get the Masamunes aftermath to stack with the Zanshin set effect I had no luck whatsoever though, can anyone else confirm if it stacks? I'm not available to do some long test for a little while.

(used 5/5 AF3+2 and 90 Masamune w/ L3 aftermaths for testing)

I also noticed that Konzen > Gekko does indeed make Darkness.
 Sylph.Zenairis
By Sylph.Zenairis 2011-07-12 18:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Pebe said:

Empryeans can also make Double Light or Darkness, as long as the WS has a "Light or Darkness" trait it can make double (not triple or so forth) but to do this you still have to make the first Light or Dark based on tier 2 SC traits if you use Light or Dark which are tier 3 traits you can only make one chain with them.
 Cerberus.Lasareth
By Cerberus.Lasareth 2011-07-12 18:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i haven't even seen a set bonus proc on hasso yet. and looking through the history of set bonus testing, there really hasn't been much testing at all on the bonus. suffice it to say, this will not be a game changer for the unkai set.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-07-12 18:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Zenairis said:
Caitsith.Pebe said:

Empryeans can also make Double Light or Darkness, as long as the WS has a "Light or Darkness" trait it can make double (not triple or so forth) but to do this you still have to make a single based on tier 2 SC traits if you use Light or Dark which are tier 3 traits you can only make one chain with them.

Nothing lives long enough for me to Double Light ;/
 Cerberus.Lasareth
By Cerberus.Lasareth 2011-07-12 18:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Sylph.Zenairis said:
Caitsith.Pebe said:

Empryeans can also make Double Light or Darkness, as long as the WS has a "Light or Darkness" trait it can make double (not triple or so forth) but to do this you still have to make a single based on tier 2 SC traits if you use Light or Dark which are tier 3 traits you can only make one chain with them.

campaign mobs brah!
 Sylph.Zenairis
By Sylph.Zenairis 2011-07-12 18:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Sylph.Zenairis said:
Caitsith.Pebe said:

A few lesser NM's do like Athamas and some others are fun to play around with for double SC's or campaign mobs.
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-07-12 19:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Zenairis said:
I spent about 2 hours testing last night trying to see if I could get the Masamunes aftermath to stack with the Zanshin set effect I had no luck whatsoever though, can anyone else confirm if it stacks? I'm not available to do some long test for a little while.

(used 5/5 AF3+2 and 90 Masamune w/ L3 aftermaths for testing)

I also noticed that Konzen > Gekko does indeed make Darkness.

i think if u wanted to see if a set bonus proc were to happen u would need to stack zanshin and also not fudo. if u level 3 fudo the ODD procs that you would see may get in the way of your set bonus procs. id say use

this set and not ws and notice when your second hit does more dmg, double dmg.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-07-12 19:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ODD should stack, like it does with augments DA
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-12 19:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure the SAM set bonus was originally discovered when ODD stacked with SAM set bonus Zanshin. You may not get the benefit on Hasso Zanshins though.
 Cerberus.Lasareth
By Cerberus.Lasareth 2011-07-12 19:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
I'm pretty sure the SAM set bonus was originally discovered when ODD stacked with SAM set bonus Zanshin. You may not get the benefit on Hasso Zanshins though.

i don't think anyone cared to test it beyond the two anecdotes by taint and oblit in the bg thread. it was pretty useless then so nobody wanted to waste time on it.

i'll do some campaigns though and keep an eye out. if there is a set bonus proc on these hasso zanshins it's so miniscule that it won't ever be even slightly relevant.
 Fenrir.Pirinolon
user: Pirinolon
By Fenrir.Pirinolon 2011-07-12 20:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

hello, anyone would like to share a xml for sam? i've been lokking around and cant find an updated one, with sengiroki stuff and af+2 hands, will be greatly appretiated
 Sylph.Zenairis
By Sylph.Zenairis 2011-07-12 20:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there was a picture of a mandau thf on here that got a 5k SA on a triple attack (normal SA'd triple attack) which was the Relics hidden effect and set effect together with Atma but that still shows that some set effects do stack with ODD or ODT (ODT for some relics).
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-07-12 20:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

k well i wasnt saying they didnt stack. im saying if you wanted to test how often set bonus from af3 procs, that you would be better off not ws cause ODD could proc at the same time a set bonus would. i dont think there would be any way of knowing the difference between the two. i mean i guess your hit would do an obviously large amount of dmg.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-12 20:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I see quadruple damage all the time on Dancer, and I know WARs get it too.
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-07-12 20:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
I see quadruple damage all the time on Dancer, and I know WARs get it too.

and so you would rule that as a set bonus and a odd proc? easy enough. i just thought it would be easier to pick up on an set bonus without having to worry about odd occasionally throwing you off.
 Sylph.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-07-12 20:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Zenairis said:
Well there was a picture of a mandau thf on here that got a 5k SA on a triple attack (normal SA'd triple attack) which was the Relics hidden effect and set effect together with Atma but that still shows that some set effects do stack with ODD or ODT (ODT for some relics).

You can't Triple Attack a Sneak Attack hit.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8