July 11 SAM Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-11 18:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So what's so bad about a bonus to a JA you'd be using to DD anyways? I'm planning on coming back to the game very soon and can't wait to knock the rust off my sam and finish my TP/WS sets and Masamune.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-07-11 18:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

sadly this update will still not make me bring out sam over war, therefore it still lies in mothballs =/
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-07-11 18:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I thought there were tests done, to prove that it doesn't matter when Sengikori was used, it always boosted SC dmg as well as MB dmg...

if that is the case, i was unaware of it. it was my understanding that depending on when you used sengi(before 1st ws or after 1st ws) it would effect sc dmg or magic burst dmg. feel free to correct me if im wrong. i love sam and i play it often, but there is always room to learn.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-11 19:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I was trying to find the thread, and the one I had in mind, ended up not showing enough data to proove it boosts SC if you use it before 2nd WS in a self SC... *shrug*. Its definitely proven that if you use it before first it boosts SC though, so idk. I'm thinking the new JA >> Sengikori >> sekkanoki >> Kasha >> Fudo will definitely boost the double light's dmg though.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-11 19:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I was trying to find the thread, and the one I had in mind, ended up not showing enough data to proove it boosts SC if you use it before 2nd WS in a self SC... *shrug*. Its definitely proven that if you use it before first it boosts SC though, so idk. I'm thinking the new JA >> Sengikori >> sekkanoki >> Kasha >> Fudo will definitely boost the double light's dmg though.

I'd think it would wear before the second light. Unless you mean it increases the amount it does based off of the enhanced first light. Easy enough to find out (but not right now, lol >_>)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-11 19:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well sengi will wear off after the kasha (in the thread I was thinking of before it explains how it works, if you sengi before first WS) and the kasha sets up the bonus, and fudo uses the bonus, so in theory it SHOULD work...I had to take a long break, so my masa isn't done, but I plan on doing it fairly hardcore when I get back, as well as my pup's Vere.
By Ska681 2011-07-11 19:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:
Has anyone tested how nanatsusayanotachi's 100% zanshin proc rate works with the new Hasso and Seigan changes?
THIS
would be sick to see a sam get 2hits a round but the second working like a zanshin attack and getting the huge TP boost, maybe making a 2round build
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-07-11 19:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I would assume the 100% Zanshin on that thing works if you miss, not the seemingly separate Hasso/Seigan rate.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-11 20:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't have Nana, Atma of the Solitary One gives +30% Zanshin rate.

I updated the Zanshin page from this thread:
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Zanshin

Condensed so far, this is what I have for the skillchain JA:
JA -> Rana = Darkness (Distortion -> Gravitation)
JA -> Gekko = Darkness (Gravitation -> Distortion)
JA -> Fudo = Light (Light -> Light)
JA -> Blade: Hi = Darkness (Darkness -> Darkness or Distortion -> Gravitation - Can't tell)
JA -> Kasha -> Light -> Fudo -> Light (Fragmentation -> Fusion -> Light)

* Because JA -> Gravitation didn't make Gravitation, we know that Distortion is in front of Fusion in the order
* Because JA -> Distortion didn't make Distortion, we know that Gravitation is in front of Fragmentation in the order
* Because JA -> Fusion didn't make Fusion, we know that Fragmentation is in front of Distortion in the order

Distortion > Fusion
Gravitation > Fragmentation
Fragmentation > Distortion

Gravitation > Fragmentation > Distortion > Fusion
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-11 20:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

ooo hell's guardian atma gives 100% zanshin? I had no idea it was that huge... Need to merc me a PW clear lulz...
 Sylph.Zenairis
Server: Sylph
user: Altairis
By Sylph.Zenairis 2011-07-11 20:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how Sengi works if its used with Konzen assuming Konzen is used AFTER Sengi as I haven't been on FFXI yet to test it.

Although as long as Sengi is applied to Kasha assuming it makes a Light Skillchain then Fudo it should be applied to the Double Light as shown in this picture.

Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-11 20:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nicely done on Athamas lol.. That was a huge SC. Probably insta-killed it or close to it.
 Sylph.Zenairis
By Sylph.Zenairis 2011-07-11 21:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it 3 shotted him... Ironically we where joking about it possibly happening before we did it... we didn't expect it to happen though.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-11 21:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

* Kasha 2178 -> 2439 (12 Skillchain Bonus, checks out)
* 5912*1.12*1.25*1.62? (should be 1.5)
* 5912*1.12*1.35*1.5 = 13408 (With AF3+2 feet, I presume)
 Sylph.Zenairis
By Sylph.Zenairis 2011-07-11 21:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

only AF3+2 feet for the Sengi/SC bonus, this was before the Mujin band existed.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-11 21:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Sams use the Mujin Band a lot? I made a thread about it, but got no real action lol... I would think its a nice addition to dmg, if it works on the closing WS.
 Sylph.Zenairis
By Sylph.Zenairis 2011-07-11 21:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't got one yet myself so I can't say for sure yet. I hear it's a 5% bonus though.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-11 21:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I did the testing, it's 5%. I posted it here:
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Talk:Mujin_Band

You guys have less to worry about this than we do on Dancer, but Skillchain Bonus caps at 50%.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-11 21:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you do a level 3 or a double level 3, that 5% dmg could be rather large. If all ya need to do is equip it on the closing WS, I'd say its a good idea to drop a STR ring for it. 7 STR won't give 5% dmg (obviously if this is an unresisted SC)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-11 21:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
If you don't have Nana, Atma of the Solitary One gives +30% Zanshin rate.

I updated the Zanshin page from this thread:
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Zanshin

Condensed so far, this is what I have for the skillchain JA:
JA -> Rana = Darkness (Distortion -> Gravitation)
JA -> Gekko = Darkness (Gravitation -> Distortion)
JA -> Fudo = Light (Light -> Light)
JA -> Blade: Hi = Darkness (Darkness -> Darkness or Distortion -> Gravitation - Can't tell)
JA -> Kasha -> Light -> Fudo -> Light (Fragmentation -> Fusion -> Light)

* Because JA -> Gravitation didn't make Gravitation, we know that Distortion is in front of Fusion in the order
* Because JA -> Distortion didn't make Distortion, we know that Gravitation is in front of Fragmentation in the order
* Because JA -> Fusion didn't make Fusion, we know that Fragmentation is in front of Distortion in the order

Distortion > Fusion
Gravitation > Fragmentation
Fragmentation > Distortion

Gravitation > Fragmentation > Distortion > Fusion

If the new SAM JA works the same way as Wild Flourish, we would predict JA -> Fragmentation = Fragmentation

Reported here that that is the case, looks like it's just an HQ Wild Flourish. I think this fits all the data.

We need to work out the Level 1 Skillchain options, but I think this is likely a good starting point. It predicts the order of:
Liquefaction -> Induration -> Reverbration -> Compression/Impaction
[+]
 Sylph.Zenairis
By Sylph.Zenairis 2011-07-12 03:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that I'm finally on I've been testing Seigan without third eye... or Counter Atmas apparently you can now counter w/o Third Eye or AF3+2 helm, Although I might be wrong but I thought I read that you needed Third eye up in the update notes.

Edit: 1 Disregard this for now until I do further testing though.

Edit: 2 Found this without AF3+2 helm equipped, counter Atma, Third Eye, or counter gear. I also blanked out my conversations with friends.

By Eijii 2011-07-12 04:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Can hit 4hit really easy outside of abyssea with proper gear >_> just tested it.. tho it's with Kikugosaku.. with Masa I can get an even 20 tp per hit with justice/keen ring being replaced by Unkai nodowa/Hoard ring.
By macsdf1 2011-07-12 08:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Can counter with just seigan up now. I maxxed out my parry today and countered like a mofo. Dunno the rate, kparser wasn't working.
 Bismarck.Aerison
Server: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-07-12 11:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know if its been said before but JA > Kaiten makes light. Kinda obvious just thought i'd share.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-07-12 11:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said:
Can counter with just seigan up now. I maxxed out my parry today and countered like a mofo. Dunno the rate, kparser wasn't working.

Empyrean head?

Edit: Nevermind saw the post above yours. neat.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-07-12 11:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Don't post images that bypass the profanity filter, and don't attack individuals. Getting tired of seeing people constantly picked on.

:X
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8