Paladin FAQ, Info, And Trade Studies.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-01-23 23:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

got enough chars i only keep 1-4 jobs geared per char so space is a nonissue, could probably afford to toss a couple stacks though since i don't think there are even enough pieces of gear that use chapters to make use of all of them
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skjalf 2015-01-23 23:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Midgetking said: »
Does anyone have a good Aeolian Edge Set for PLD?

I have a good base any help will be great!

ItemSet 332665

Mag. Atk. Bonus +~11~+ on shield.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-01-24 04:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Skjalf said: »

ItemSet 332665

PLD can't wear Highwing helm. To my great disappointment.

Heimdel said: »
Why do plds not use Rapier type sword with the faster hit rate and piercing dmg? Or at least carry one for when fighting piercing weak mobs.
I don't think there's been a good Rapier type sword since Joyeuse. And there's not much point in using them for piercing weak mobs. Our WS would still be slashing.
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
By Odin.Skjalf 2015-01-24 09:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

ItemSet 332665

Why do plds not use Rapier type sword with the faster hit rate and piercing dmg? Or at least carry one for when fighting piercing weak mobs.
I don't think there's been a good Rapier type sword since Joyeuse. And there's not much point in using them for piercing weak mobs. Our WS would still be slashing.

; ; mistake.
 Bismarck.Stanislav
Server: Bismarck
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2015-01-24 10:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
done vd mithra hundreds(not an exaggeration, 681 ch.8s in my brds satchel right now) of times, always fulltime aegis from 30% to dead, use no defensive buffs, no food, and rarely any JAs beyond defender

never died to rampage or even close

avatars will mess you up in aegis though

Do you go full turtle on PLD when you fight avatar? I've never done it with PLD so I'm not sure. I do see the damage randomly spike from the multihit ws. ie. Rush doing 400 dmg then next one doing 1200. This being on SAM and no hybrid set. When I am paying attention, I throw on PDT set when I see it charing to do one of those multi hit moves which ultimately saves me.
By Refia1 2015-01-24 10:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

you shouldnt be getting hit by those moves, you can outrun them easily.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-01-24 10:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 332665

; ; mistake.

I think the Arendsi Fleuret is really the only iLvl piece we PLDs can wear right now but I'm not sure it would do any more damage to piercing weak mobs than even a Buramenk'ah.
 Bismarck.Stanislav
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2015-01-24 10:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Refia1 said: »
you shouldnt be getting hit by those moves, you can outrun them easily.

Interesting. Never thought of trying that. Thanks!
By Heimdel 2015-01-24 13:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 332665

I dunno , I was useing the incursion one because I couldn't find my delve sword and it seemed to do pretty good especially wiht hit speed. Even more so with buffs.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-01-24 15:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno , I was useing the incursion one because I couldn't find my delve sword and it seemed to do pretty good especially wiht hit speed. Even more so with buffs.
It's not a terrible sword. But Buramenk'ah or usonmunku(even unaug'd) beat it easily.

It is interesting that it has magic dmg+ on it. Not something PLD gets much of. But since our best cleaving WS is on daggers... Well, good for sanguine blade I suppose.
 Ragnarok.Cirrostratus
user: Strawberr
By Ragnarok.Cirrostratus 2015-01-24 17:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently got excalibur - saw a few threads regarding KoR after update being decent but can't tell after reading the whole thing if it's the "best".

Savage blade seems to be quite nice now as well.

what ws should i be using now? say at 100%, which is better, 200%, etc? thanks in advance

p.s: no burtgang!

edit: and if possible - any chance anyone have some updated sets for these ws? =)
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-24 17:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

With Excalibur (these results may change in CDC's favor when dual wielding and/or using Burtgang AM3) CDC is your strongest at 1000 TP and Savage Blade will start competing at around 1300 TP assuming Moonshade in both WS sets. It would help to have a macro for all 3 WSs (CDC, Savage and KoR) though to take advantage of potential Light/Darkness skillchains.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-01-24 21:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Would the Arendsi Fleuret be any good with /RUN and Lunge? I'm not thinking it would be a game changer but something fun to use in WKRs? Or at least another reason to use Lunge?
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-24 22:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

With poor acc, like on MR, def prefer atonement or kotr with excal. Cdc would miss or hit mr for like 300-400 damage but found kotr to hit for a solid 2700 on her often due to 1hit ws getting a massive acc bonus compared to multihits. But the real answer is if acc is crap, switch to usonmunku and spam atonement.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberif
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberif 2015-01-25 20:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

any improvements i can make here? primary focus was PDT/HP+
ItemSet 332660
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-26 03:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Taberif said: »
any improvements i can make here? primary focus was PDT/HP+
ItemSet 332660
Only one I could think of is if you could get an extra PDT, Dark Ring with 6% PDT for example, you can swap in Rev Surcoat +1 for more HP.
[+]
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-02-06 05:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep getting curious about Divine Magic and enlight but I also keep hearing people talking about reaching 480 skill, do people really go for this as I've found it to be very gear intensive, I put together a set of all the divine pieces unless I missed any:

ItemSet 333060

I didn't include weapons or subs or Knight's Earring as I assume most have Suppa and wouldn't change for a macro piece. As a result I have it at max skill+ being 65, if you chuck in merits and the few of you who might have the +5 job gift, that's +86, or 490 skill.

So if you shoot for 480 you can drop 5 skill in what I've listed (I'm ignoring the +5 from job gifts as most won't have it), leaving you requiring 9 pieces to hit 480 skill and therefore 72 enlight.

Whereas 460 on the other hand just requires, merits and 5 pieces, eg head, body, neck, 2x earrings, or head, body, beatific, back, wasit.

So what do you guys do, do you horde all that gear and hit 480 or just stick with 460? Also did I miss any divine pieces?
 Bismarck.Stanislav
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2015-02-06 06:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Paragon Moufles with 5 Divine magic skill.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-06 07:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Get the divine skill gift, lets you drop a piece
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-02-06 07:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Get the divine skill gift, lets you drop a piece
80 job points, I'll get right on that.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-06 07:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld/nin or pld/dnc dual wielding excal/xiuleato with haste2 and march trusts is actually quite fast, cdcs do 7-8k on 115 mobs and you're getting 800-1k cp per kill during double campaign. Or joinv a group and DD. PLD dual wielding can do respectable damage in a CP group as Cdc is currently quite strong.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-02-06 08:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld/nin or pld/dnc dual wielding excal/xiuleato with haste2 and march trusts is actually quite fast, cdcs do 7-8k on 115 mobs and you're getting 800-1k cp per kill during double campaign. Or joinv a group and DD. PLD dual wielding can do respectable damage in a CP group as Cdc is currently quite strong.
It'll probably be the 2nd job I focus on, but trying to make a dent in THF job points, I actually see PLD as my main job, just see THF job points as more useful.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-02-11 11:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

With poor acc, like on MR, def prefer atonement or kotr with excal. Cdc would miss or hit mr for like 300-400 damage but found kotr to hit for a solid 2700 on her often due to 1hit ws getting a massive acc bonus compared to multihits. But the real answer is if acc is crap, switch to usonmunku and spam atonement.
Not sure if it was phrasing or what but the first hit of any weaponskill gets +100 accuracy. This is why KOTR and other 1hit weaponskills are often more reliable when accuracy is uncapped. But yes Atonement is also my weaponskill of choice on more evasive NMs. If you are feeling lucky a haste or FC Alluvion skirm sword is also an option.
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2015-02-11 11:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually do the exact thing minus Excalibur replace that with burtgang AM3 with haste2 March and haste samba and it's nonstop attacking and CDC spams
 Bahamut.Atamanos
Server: Bahamut
user: Atamanos
By Bahamut.Atamanos 2015-02-11 13:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

could anyone please show me an updated -dt acc focused set that i could tp in but not get slammed around want to be a pld but still be able to hit things more then 1/10 so aiming for high tier battle fields cp point party IT++ mobs etc thank you in advance for the help
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-02-11 13:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Atamanos said: »
could anyone please show me an updated -dt acc focused set that i could tp in but not get slammed around want to be a pld but still be able to hit things more then 1/10 so aiming for high tier battle fields cp point party IT++ mobs etc thank you in advance for the help
This was my attempt at an Acc PDT set:
ItemSet 333221
Cizin pieces perfect augment would be 4% PDT and 10 accuracy leaving you at 48% PDT, 141 accuracy.

Someone will tell me this set sucks though I'm sure!
By Chyula 2015-02-11 14:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

it sucks.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-11 14:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD can't wear Honed Tathlum.

This is what mine looks like.

ItemSet 325951

Guess you could replace the Ethereal with Zennaroi or just use Bladeborn/Steelflash if you weren't worried about MP.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2015-02-11 14:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Xaddi feet pdt path, hasty pinion as pld cant use honed and umuthi gloves. May also want to change body and waist to cab + Anguinus, your suggestion is better for maximising acc but its literally that bodies only use for pld.
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47