Paladin FAQ, Info, And Trade Studies.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
Paladin FAQ, Info, and Trade Studies.
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47
By Heimdel 2015-02-12 16:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the set of spells pld should set for /blu?
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-02-12 16:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
What is the set of spells pld should set for /blu?

Siren.Kyte said: »
Cocoon, Jettatura, and Blank Gaze are the must-haves. Auto-regen (Healing Breeze+Sheep Song) is also a good idea. Sheep Song and Soporific are also okay for enmity (they give the same as Blank Gaze), but you probably won't need them since the recast on Blank Gaze is fairly short. You can also set Beast Killer (Wild Oats+Sprout Smack), Lizard Killer (Foot Kick+Claw Cyclone), or Plantoid Killer (Power attack+Mandibular bite) if those are applicable.

The rest of your slots can be filled with Attack Bonus (Battle Dance+Upper Cut) and other random throwaway +stats.

This is a solid list.
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2015-02-13 22:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember reading it someone but wasn't sure about the +100 in enmity gear did anyone run tests and conclude that 100 enmity doesn't = 0 CE loss?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-14 00:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty easy to test. And I retested it a min ago. Just cause.

Anyway, get two ppl. Both act on a mob. PLD gets hate. Had +113 enmity.

Then you stand there and get your face kicked in for awhile. Then after beating on the PLD for a bit, the mob turns to face the other player. Which is what happened.

It did take a surprisingly long time to lose what should have been a very small enmity difference though.

One of these days I need to get this stuff quantified though.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-15 08:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the "sword enhancement spell dmg" gear also increase the acc from enlight?

What would be a good set for enlight?

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-15 10:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Who knows, but even if it did, sword enhancement+ needs to be equipped fulltime to receive the benefit.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-15 12:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Does the "sword enhancement spell dmg" gear also increase the acc from enlight?

What would be a good set for enlight?

Thanks in advance.
I wasn't actually sure about this one, so I went and checked using checkparam real quick. sword enhancement spell dmg does NOT affect enlight's acc gain. Although it does increase the dmg.

This is my enlight set. hits 480 skill with capped and merited divine. It's also currently the highest reasonably attainable tier. ( no weapon used, not latent required, etc.
ItemSet 317688
If you don't have augmented kaiser legs, Templar sabatons, or divine augmented paragon mufflers can be subbed in.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-15 13:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Given that accuracy is hugely important for us to keep hate on hard content for atonement or whatever ws you're using, enlight is pretty important and many plds don't bother capping skill or gearing for it. It's not about the dps directly but more about keeping up those rapid atonements and cdcs. It's why i'm a huge proponent for usonmunku and tell every pld i see with excal to put it back in their safe and go upgrade a path b uson.

Also for the blu spell list, i use refuleing because 90% of the time i'm the last one to be hasted and when i get dispelled or slowed its just easier for me to cast it.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-16 18:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna assume Enlight II will start off at Enlight potency and increase by 1 per attack round up to double the base. So that would be 140+ish accuracy and enlight damage. Could be pretty badass. The only thing is, if it works like RDM II version, it won't work on multi hits or dual wield. Also it may increase the mob's weakness to dark, so easier to sleep/frazzle/dispel.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-02-16 18:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Gonna assume Enlight II will start off at Enlight potency and increase by 1 per attack round up to double the base. So that would be 140+ish accuracy and enlight damage. Could be pretty badass. The only thing is, if it works like RDM II version, it won't work on multi hits or dual wield. Also it may increase the mob's weakness to dark, so easier to sleep/frazzle/dispel.

Uhg Theorycrafting.

Why not wait till it comes out and find out what it does rather than waste time on a forum posting useless information? (Not got anything against you, just find it rather stupid as it won't do/help anyone..................... and FAQ: Aint no one able to answer it)
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-16 18:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Food for thought to stimulate discussion of the progression of PLD.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-02-16 18:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Food for thought to stimulate discussion of the progression of PLD.

My point is however, it doesn't stimulate "progression" it'll be w.e it is.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-16 19:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

There's nothing wrong with discussion of the possibilities. So no one knows for certain. What of it? Debating the "what if's" and their potential pros/cons before the fact is somehow detrimental to the PLD community?

Now, utterly baseless speculation, like randomly making up new JA or spells doesn't really do much for us. But in this case there's precedent to base our assumptions on. Enlight I and Enspell II mechanics. So it's quite possible that the actual Enlight II mechanics will fall within our speculation.

And if not, well, thinking about it staved off a bit of my pre-update boredom. So I'm all for it.

My concern if SE emulates the RDM enspell II model, is that they calculate skill on hit, rather than on cast. Which is really dumb. I'd prefer to stay away from that. Although, I suppose you'd save inv space from not needing divine skill.

And only procing on the first hit of a melee round would suck. So feel free to leave that out SE. <,<

IF the potency ticks up, rather than down on hit, if may dethrone /RUN as the highest acc sub, assuming Enlight II potency matches Enlight I. Since the use of runes to block enlight dmg could actually become detrimental.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-16 19:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well base enlight without divine gear would give it an initially lower acc but it would tick up. The problem is enlight's duration is 3min and every cast would reset it.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-02-16 20:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to just rework Enspell IIs in general- and now would be a good time for that.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-16 20:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering how powerful ws are now, who cares if RDM dealt 60-65ish damage per hit from enspell. Would just make up for having poor attack and str. Not like it would compensate for our lack of dd equipment and melee traits.
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2015-02-16 23:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

it would be nice to not have to carry around skill+ gear imo I mean it's not like we don't already carry around Acc/WS/turtle/hybrid/refresh sets already I'm not sure if at this point SE even realizes all the ***the player base carries for one job and God forbid you have all 22 classes leveled but hey we got porter moogle slips lol ~.~
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-16 23:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well instead of a 72Enlight that depreciates, you'd have a 65Enlight that increases. Would just take a few hits to bring it up to and past Enlight's potency with max Skill. The lame part would be if DA/TA etc don't proc it though the extra acc it bestows is more of the boon than the additional light damage.
 Odin.Brocovich
Server: Odin
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2015-02-19 15:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Enlight II:
Same as enlight but starts at 97 dmg (capped skill + merits, no gear), acc bonus starts at 97 too
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-26 09:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything good on Yorium? Any of it replace AF/AF2 for tanking? Acro annihilates everything else for WS, even mesyohi. Can get ludicrous att/acc on each piece and wsd on each piece too if into atonement.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-26 11:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just putting Cure Potency+5% on head/body/legs/feet, Enmity+ on hands and Phalanx+3 on all.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-26 12:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, yer gonna lose inv this update on PLD. XD

I will note, Yorium hands have -2% PDT base, with a potential -4% aug for -6% PDT. So they replace cizin/umuthi for PDT.

I made a post over here on what yorium sets I plan to make.
By Highwynd 2015-02-28 16:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use Arco for any other DD, can likely use it for PLD for hybrid/TP or WS sets, very translationable to PLD, can get WSD and Enmity and all that jazz on it too.

Creed body already has 10dt on it depending on enmity, may get more considering the cab and rev have +9-10 naturally. Hands will he an amazing cdc piece i think too. Hopefully some of them replace what we've been using. I love how creed body looks, hoping it has good idle stats maybe, like 3regen or 3 refresh. Unlike RUN, pld feels like such a wholesome and complete tank class that creed can have no stats and we's still be extremely good at tanking(dmg mitigation). What we really need is a way to maintain hate of other dds cap. Hard to handle that through gear though as thats a system thing.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-01 00:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Highwynd said: »
If you use Arco for any other DD, can likely use it for PLD for hybrid/TP or WS sets, very translationable to PLD, can get WSD and Enmity and all that jazz on it too.
About enmity augs. I wouldn't blow my leaf augment slot on my DD jobs sets for enmity+. That's pretty much something that's going on a PLD dedicated set. Probably Yorium for hands/feet at least, since they have 4 and 5 base enmity. So eventually +14 enmity hands and +15 enmity feet.
Highwynd said: »
Creed body already has 10dt on it depending on enmity, may get more considering the cab and rev have +9-10 naturally. Hands will he an amazing cdc piece i think too. Hopefully some of them replace what we've been using. I love how creed body looks, hoping it has good idle stats maybe, like 3regen or 3 refresh. Unlike RUN, pld feels like such a wholesome and complete tank class that creed can have no stats and we's still be extremely good at tanking(dmg mitigation). What we really need is a way to maintain hate of other dds cap. Hard to handle that through gear though as thats a system thing.
I have this terrible feeling we're gonna get screwed out of an ilvl refresh body again(and no the damn cloak doesn't count!)

I'm kinda hoping they remove the varies by enmity on Creed Cuirass' DT. It made things kinda a pain in the ***. And you had to have an extra PDT body for when you were supertanking.

The head had better get 10% fastcast already. Tired of having to scrape for every little bit of fastcast. And still miles from cap.

And yeah, we can't gear our way outta the hole SE has dug us into. The enmity system is just flawed.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-03-01 01:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Under the current enmity system, I don't think SE ever wants us PLDs to be able to gear ourselves out of that hole.

That "enmity is a team effort" response they keep giving to everyone's suggestions really doesn't give me any hope for any changes they make either.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-01 03:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If they expect DD to turn around and wait for enmity to drop..... or even stop WS'ing and wait... it ain't ever gonna happen.

Even if they made mobs incredibly punishing(DD pulls hate for 3 seconds, DD dead) ppl would just move to a Ranger strat. Well, no. ppl would probably go to a stunning strat first unless it was just killing DD with melee hits.

Also, Trick Attack is not a viable solution, SE. DD will pull hate just from melee after awhile. -_-;
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-01 09:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Reposting my test from over on BG
Martel said:
Since I haven't seen anything detailed even this late after update, and I finally got enough JP for it.. A bit on Enlight II.
Code
skill base  Final ACC+
425   748   845   97
430   748   845   97
435   748   848   100
440   748   848   100
445   748   848   100
450   748   850   102
455   748   850   102
460   748   853   105
465   748   853   105
470   748   853   105
475   748   855   107
480   748   855   107
485   748   855   107
490   748   858   110
495   748   858   110
500   748   860   112
505   748   860   112
So, PLD got an extra 38 acc(depending on where your divine set was before.)

425 was the lowest I could test at without unmeriting.

So the tiers maintain the +2, +3, +2 gain pattern of Enlight I. But I don't really get how the skill tiers work. Seems to be going back and forth between 10 and 15 skill jumps.

So, highest reasonable tier is at 490, for 110 acc/base dmg. Which means I have to carry one more piece of divine gear than I did for Enlight I.

Next up, does Enlight II+Runes still work to maintain the acc bonus?

124 serac rabbit
PLD/RUN, 884 ACC.
Code
Melee Damage
Player            Melee Dmg  Abs'd.Dmg   Net Dmg   Melee %   Hit/Miss    M.HR %   M.Acc %  M.Low/Hi  M+0.Avg  M-0.Avg
Martel                11587          0     11587   88.99 %     74/262   22.02 %   22.02 %    98/174   136.21   136.21
I'm pretty sure that's actually floored. Which is fine. I'm not trying to quantify. Just confirm yes/no on ACC+.

Enlight II+Ignis.
994 acc, says check param. But I wanna know for certain.
Code
Melee Damage
Player            Melee Dmg  Abs'd.Dmg   Net Dmg   Melee %   Hit/Miss    M.HR %   M.Acc %  M.Low/Hi  M+0.Avg  M-0.Avg
Martel                23356          0     23356   78.74 %     161/50   76.30 %   76.30 %    96/174   134.09   134.09
Yep, looks like it still works. PLD is now insanely accurate. But only on melee. But only on melee. Gonna take like full Acro with acc and WS acc+ 20 to catch my WS set up to my TP set. <,<;; I guess I'll just atonement for now. Enlight acc works on WS. See following posts.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2015-03-06 11:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone! I've recently returned from a 3ish year break and have been working towards building a great Pld. I see a lot of discussion concerning PDT-%, MDT-%, WS, Acc TP, Fast Cast & Cure+% and even Divine skill sets. I feel a lot of these needs are addressed by existing gear and that the new skirmish augments present an amazing opportunity to fill in some unique gaps.

For example, I'm thinking of building a Fast Cast and Enhancing magic effect duration + set for Reprisal so that the effect can be kept active at all times.
This seems to me an answer to the lack of shield skill available when fighting ilvl opponents. Am I wrong in thinking this way? Is there enough Fast Cast options available to already achieve this without augmenting a specific set?

Also, Shab. Cuirass +1 was recently brought to my attention. I didn't know this piece existed until last night. Is it a desirable piece? This armor seems like a great way to shortcut through the random augment system towards the stats I describe, at least for the body.

What are your thoughts? How is the community using the new augments for their Plds?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-06 12:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate to crush your dreams, but you can't get Enhancing magic duration+ on either of the PLD wearable sets. It's Telchine specific. :/

Shabti Cuirass is a great piece. Useful for, as stated, Reprisal, and any other enhancing magic buff you care to cast. Longer duration = less time casting = more time meleeing.

Regarding fastcast augs. These were a great disappointment to me. The Fast Cast aug caps at +3 on PLD Yorium(probably on acro too). So the only slots they're even usable on are feet/hands(maaaybe body if you really want that recast-. But shabti will help reprisal more.) I already had Buremte gloves and Ejekamal boots aug'd with +3 fastcast/+2 haste. And they were better for recast- anyway, both have more haste. Still it does provide a FC alternative, so you could dedicate your WKR hands/feet to some other purpose.

Further disappointment. Fastcast and enmity+ augs(+10 max!) Occupy the same augment slot. So, there goes the perfect flash set. Still amazing emnity+ though.

On to the positives. I know I've made this sound terrible, but there really is some great stuff.

Phalanx+ augments. Max of +3. Adds directly to Phalanx's dmg-. with 5/5 yorium at +3 and weard mantle at +5, PLD can hit a glorious -50 dmg Phalanx.

Cure potency+. PLD has always severely lacked Cure+ gear. But now you can get a +5% cure augment on 5 slots. My cure sets are now at +43~48% cure+(depending on self cure or other, and latents.)A few updates ago, I had like 19%. <,<

Personally, I made a 5/5 Phalanx set, then put cure+5% on 4/5 of the same set to save space.(didn't need cure+ on hands. Look into these. )

Next up, Hybrid sets. Can get acc And atk+20 on all pieces of yorium. And either ~4% PDT, or ~3% DT. And finally, you could add either +10 enmity, or STP+6 or DA+3%. Makes for a pretty incredible Hybrid acc/PDT set.

Can also get some pretty good pure DPS pieces on the Acro set.

And finally, you can get wsdmg+. Up to +3%. So I made a set for Atonement/Aeolian Edge with WS dmg+/enmity/MAB+(cap of +10)

Ahhh... my poor inventory..

I'd tell you to look at my sets, but about the only ones that are up to date on here atm are the cure sets. But feel free to check those.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2015-03-06 13:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the information-it is all very helpful!

Using Acro for an Atonement/CDC or AE set looks like a great plan.
I have about two weeks of assaults/tokens/ichor/alex to go before I can collect Burtgang. Having been gone for as long as I was (when I left FFXI, NNI was a thing of much pain and little gain and Botulus Rex was... Well, it's called Logwatch for a reason), I don't have any Atonement pieces. Going back to get these now would be possible, but the present ease of the content has little influence upon the certainty of reward.

Luckily, I have already built Macabre Gaunt. +1. I haven't done many WKR since the last special campaign... I'll get to work on obtaining and augmenting Buremte gloves and Ejekamal boots.

Back to the augments... Since augmenting is so expensive, I thought the best direction to take would be to make some very unique snowflake bits of gear that likely would not be overlapped/overtaken. It is almost certain that better pieces with more commonly desired stats (like accuracy, attack, STP, etc) will come sooner rather than later.
Phalanx + seems like a very strong option. I like all of your ideas.

I'm curious to see what goodies we will get with Empyrean reforge. Although, if augmented skirmish gear is required to beat the new event, whether Empyrean reforge outclasses skirmish gear will be moot since the +20 accuracy and attack will be a necessary step.
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47